Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,427 members, 7,781,246 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:15 AM

All About Me (naomi's Tale) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All About Me (naomi's Tale) (1009 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All About Me (naomi's Tale) by Isyomah(f): 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
I had worked in this writer's organisation for about five years now. I write thrilling stories with little or no romance. I knew i lacked experience in the romance aspect, so i didnt ever for once in my life try writing romance tales.
Before i forget, let me just introduce myself. My name is Adanne Naomi Obiakor. A B.sc graduate of English and Literary studies in the famous University of Ibadan. Am actually a native of Nsukka in Enugu state. I once lived there until i decided to relocate to Ibadan to stay with my spinster aunt since i wasnt in good terms with my parents.
As a 24 year old and one of the youngest in the organization, I was summoned earlier that day by my boss who i have secretely be tripping for since my first day at work. I just fantasized and hoped he would notice and more interestingly, be my first boyfriend.
As i entered his office, i saw his secretary, my fish headed friend and my gossip mate, Tayo. Tayo told me to have my seat and compose myself before the boss comes in. She knew i had a crush on him, since i virtually tell her everything. Trust me, if there was anybody who would blackmail me easily, that person would be Tayo. After i sat down on the chair directly opposite to my bosses, Tayo brought out her brown powder. I wanted to question her where she hid it all these while but before i could open my mouth, if she had started powdering my face. Being a very pretty girl, she just applied a little, closed it and put it back inside her bra. I gasped and asked her on why she would put a brown powder on her bra of all places. The fish just replied "no ooo i for put am for my womb idiot". She then looked at me from my head, to to my neck, then my chest. I expected her to go downwards but she fixed her gaze on my chest. I didn't know what the bitch was up to but I was in for any game she was about to play on me. Forcefully, she opened my first two buttons. I wasn't that busty at all, so opening the first two buttons wouldn't be any different from seeing a wall. Tayo sighed and thanked God for making her well endowed even though she wasnt that facially attractive. It was then I heard my boss coming. I could hear him with his baritone voice from a distance. One wouldnt need a soothsayer to tell him or her he was on a phone call. I then told Tayo to leave and I quickly adjusted my shirt back to normal. Tayo opened the buttons again and told me men doesn't concentrate on facial looks only. So she expected me to seduce him, I no blame that crase girl. I buttoned up again. She unbuttoned it again. I buttoned up again. This time she wanted to pull out the buttons, I was quick to notice and so we started struggling. I had to struggle really hard. I couldn't let my boss me that way, so as for him not to have a wrong impression about me. As we were still struggling, Tayo and I felt another's presence in the office. We looked towards the door and we're dumbstruck. It was my boss standing akimbo with a frown on his face. We both froze as he marched towards us. Even with the frown on his face, he looked extremely handsome to me. He wore a sky-blue suit with a tie and well polished black Italian shoes. The tie had this kind of unique blurry design and it was actually my best tie. That was actually the seventh time he was wearing the tie since I started working in the organization three years ago. Don't blame me, I just found myself attracted to the tie and I started counting since the day I saw it from day one. His black curly hair was neatly cut and carved. His pouty pink lips pointing to our direction and his pointed nose obeyed each step he took towards us. It was then I noticed he wasn't as light complexioned as before and his once glowing eyes seemed dim. Has he been overworking himself lately? I asked myself. I wanted to hug him at that moment. To tell him to take a little rest let me continue the work. I wanted my Prince Charming to be complete once again.
I guess I was really stupid. I was brought back to my senses when I heard his sweet baritone voice tell Tayo to go back to her post and see him later in the day. Tayo quickly freed her hand from my shirt and did as she was instructed. All became visible to my boss as I realised three of my buttons were opened. My boss just looked down on me, from my head to my chest. He stared for like three seconds. All these while I wondered what he was thinking. He didn't even tell me to button up. He just went to his chair and sat down. I then adjusted my shirt and followed suit, sitting where I sat previously before Tayo started her madness. My head was bowed waiting for the worst to come. He was silent for a while as I could feel his eyes on me. "Why did u button up?". He finally spoke up after several minutes of silence.
"Sir?" I foolishly replied.
"You heard me right. Anyways no need answering because there wasn't anything to see.Would have been nice if it Tayo I saw that way sha".
"Ok sir". I heard myself say.
Heaven knows I was greatly hurt and embarrassed. I can swear my boss could see it on my face. I raised my pretty face and it met his. I thought i would see a sign of regret or remorse on what he said but I saw none. I This wasn't the first time he had said hurtful words to me and i was sure it wouldn't be the last. I remembered the first time I was employed, when this same boss told me my employment was based on pity, making me believe i had no qualifications or talent. But I was actually very talented. My books do sell well, only few in the organization were better off than me. I actually gave him a name though "my handsome prince with a heart of coal". He was still staring at me and this time all I could see was a pervert as I felt my anger building up. He gave me a little smirk. He then opened one of the files on his desk, brought out a mini envelope and handed it to me. He told me it is better I read the content of the letter when I get home, because it will get me thinking. It was then I concluded it was a sack letter.
On my way out I met Tayo and told her everything that happened in the office. I had already started shedding tears about me being sacked but Tayo assured me it was something better off than that. I felt so relieved. I couldn't thank Tayo enough.
Re: All About Me (naomi's Tale) by Isyomah(f): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: All About Me (naomi's Tale) by xaviercasmir(m): 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
Nice intro. Intresting. Please keep it up

1 Like

Re: All About Me (naomi's Tale) by Isyomah(f): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2017
After a hectic day, I finally got home. I just took my bath and went to bed. I had dinner earlier wit Tayo after work. I I tried to sleep but I couldn't. I Tossed and tossed around the bed several times. It was when I was about sitting up on the bed my aunty Ngozi's call came in. She called to say she wasn't coming home that evening as she had to stay with her sick friend in the hospital. When she cut the call, I I secretly wished it was my mum that called. She only called once in a while and as for my dad, he never calls. The alert that comes to my phone every month does the talking for him, I was glad that at least he didn't forget his responsibilities. Am sure he knew I worked because I always overhear his conversation with aunt Ngozi's. It was always about me. I knew he missed me and I guess that was why he sent me money every month. I then thought of my two younger siblings in primary school. I missed them a lot. The way they address me as sister Omi always got me cracking up. Besides them being in twins of different genders, I they possess similar characters. They both came as a miracle after years of my parents looking for more children after my birth. I really became jealous after their birth. I felt less loved. I didn't go for outings again. Even as a sixteen year old, I was caged and didn't go out on social event with my friends. My peers tagged me an antisocial person. They didn't like to mingle with me because they thought I was damn boring as I wasn't jovial at all. And that was actually one of the reasons I didn't have a boyfriend till today. I was so shy and so used to being alone. With time, i hated gatherings. I didn't really have male friends because i felt every guy's intention was just to woo me. I felt they liked me because I was pretty and nothing all. The more I stayed at home, the more I became depressed. I cried night after night. I felt so miserable. I felt there was nothing good about me, as I had low self esteem. I didn't feel loved as my parents diverted all their attention to the twins. It was then I started displaying some funny attitude. I became so rude and my dad had to relocate me to Ibadan to stay with his sister. I had to go since my mom was also in full support and it was there I discovered my talent, which was 'writing'.

*back to the present* I recalled the content of the letter which I read in the taxi on my way home, as I lay back on the bed. The letter read;
"You Are A Great Writer Miss Naomi. We Are Laying Off Some Writers In The Organisation Due To Some Reasons. The Board Have Decided To Give You A Trial To Ensure You're Worthy. Therefore We Request A Romance Novel From You In Three Months Time. Thanks".
Signed: Management "“_”
How the heck am I expected to experience full romance in three months time. As a writer, putting the write words together, experience and imagination is the only spice for a mouth watering story. Yea i do watch romantic movies but it is always difficult for me to put it down I writing. I have zero imagination when it comes to Romance. I guess what I was need is experience. I needed Tayo's help that moment.
Re: All About Me (naomi's Tale) by Isyomah(f): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
Talking to Tayo wasnt actually a bad idea. What was actually bad was the kind of pathetic eyes she used in looking at me.
"I need a solution and not that look" I said with all seriousness.

"Come on, it's not my fault. I'll try and figure out something. Trust me". Tayo replied

The next day wasn't that bad for me. It was just about Henry and I. Tayo had hooked me up with him. He was hell hot. I dont know why she brought someone so cute, meanwhile her own boyfriend looked like a bus conductor. I just couldn't understand Tayo sometimes. Henry is a potential banker, aged 34 and good looking(but didn't reach up to my Prince Charming). Tayo was there to guide me during my date. She was a true definition of 'body present, absent minded'. Henry and I talked about so many things. From family, to movies, to hobbies, to sport, to career and so on. Apart from Tayo, he was the second person actually finding me pretty fun. It felt like it was only us two on the table. And then Henry sneezed. Sneezed on my face. I offered him my hankie thinking it was a mistake. He did it again and that that was it. I raised my hand to hit him but didn't succeed, all thanks to Tayo. I didn't know I possesed such temper. Well maybe because he ruined my face with his saliva. The saliva sef had an awful smell. He apologized but I was still vexed. Tayo whispered to me "Rule no.1: Never raise your hand to hit a guy no matter what. Learn to control your temper".

So we finished our dinner. The waiter presented our bill. I opened my purse to pay. It wasn't my fault though, I was so used to that already. Tayo then ruled out "Never pay on your first date. Allow the guy to. "
When Henry settled the waiter, we walked hand in hand straight to his car. Tayo trailed behind us heading to her own car. He drove and we talked. He kept kissing the back of my palm at every chance he had. I found it rather exciting. I virtually knew almost everything about him. He was an honest fellow. I didn't tell him everything about me especially concerning my teenage days. I told him of how a great writer I am. It was from him I got to know, himself and Tayo knew each other through her boyfriend Charles. I wondered. Charles seemed rough but this guy right beside me is actually cool. We reached my humble abode. He stopped by the gate. I wished him good night and attempted to open the door to get down. He held me back and I was like wetin dey do dis wan. He drew his face closer to mine. His eyes were shut. His lips in a pauty shape. I wanted to burst into laughter. He looked like a panda at that moment and then I got in the mood. I brought my face closer but my eyes weren't shut. It was then and there I noticed part of his lips were black. God forbid. I didn't want to have my first kiss this way. Not on my first date and not with a black lips. He was already an inch away, ready to devour my sexy pink lips. I felt my sanitizer spill on my left hand. I used that same hand to protect my lips. I opened the door and stepped out, leaving the poor Henry to do the job of cleaning his sanitized lips. I could feel his pain but I definitely didn't feel sorry for him. What a pity.
Re: All About Me (naomi's Tale) by Isyomah(f): 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
"Omi wait". I knew Tayo was still around, waiting in her car. She was probably having a little conversation with Henry when I left before catching up with me.
"Hurry up let me lock my door"

"Fish head. Wetin you do that poor guy"

"Nothing"

"Anyways am sleeping over. I know your aunt is still at the hospital. She's a good woman. At least she knows how to take care of her friends unlike some people."

"U no well. Shebi you know. I just don't know why you rejected sense when God offered you one".
Tayo and I took our bath. We were both getting ready to go to bed. As we were heading to the bedroom, she asked me what I thought of Henry. I just told her my mind.
"You don't like him. Can I ask why?"
I could read the disappointment on her face but I couldn't help it.

"nothing"

"nothing?. No dear, there must be something".

"Okay yea. Well he is just disqualified"

"Meaning? "

"I love guys who scents nice, good sense of humour, honest, humble, in fact you know what I mean."

"That brings us to rule no.3: There's no perfect guy. You have to like him the way he is and change him if there's any need to.

"Well he just irritates me. Mere thinking of him right now, makes me wanna puke on you" I said with disgust.

"Wait wait I want to understand something. Are you putting all this act up because he sneezed on you at the restaurant?"

"Not only that"

"What again?"

"His black lips. Am sure he smokes"

"But it is not even noticeable. And so?. What if he smokes? "

"So you knew"

"Yeah Charles smokes"

"Am not suprised"

"That's what majority of guys do these days. I tried changing him, but all to no avail. It was really difficult my dear. I remember when I had to hide his packs of cigarettes. I told him to endure but he was acting like a mad person within a few days. We even seeked the help of a therapist but it still didn't make a difference. Charles was addicted. He knew it and I also knew it. All because of love, I've accepted Charles the way he is."

"Disgusting! Biko i need a guy I will be so proud to show off. I know Henry has other good qualities. But definitely I can't be seen with a man with black lips. Come on. What the Bleep." I said with all sincerity.

"Na you sabi sha. You know you dont have time again. Shey na you dey write book. Shey na you dem go sack. Continue being picky. The thing is experiencing this full romance and put it in writing. I guess I was wrong trying to help you".

"Am sorry if am making you feel bad. I appreciate your effort. But I assure you. I will beat the deadline.I feel i will soon meet the write person. There's no romance without love".

"That one concern you. Goodnight madam. "

"Goodnight my lovely child. "
*The two girls burst into laughter. Friends indeed. Hope their friendship is gonna last."
Re: All About Me (naomi's Tale) by Frankenstein: 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
Writing about writing. This would be interesting!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All About Me (naomi's Tale) by Isyomah(f): 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
The next person Tayo hooked me up with was Francis. An engineer. He wasn't that well to do. You know those average people who can still afford three square meals for their family. Who aren't rich and who aren't still poor. He was just there. I remember the first time I saw him. Tayo had brought him to my home. It was unexpected. I looked a mess from the housework I did that Saturday, since my aunt wasn't around to assist me. Tayo then introduced him to me. We shook hands and I looked up to see his face properly if he was qualified enough and I was like HELL NO, AM NOT DATING THIS. I just had to grant the poor guy a date and everything went well. He wasn't that bad.

As usual, I Tayo came up with her interrogation again. And I told her my mind as usual.

"Haha! Ok why don't you like him"

"His face"

"Wetin happen to am"

"Its vertically compressed and horizontally expanded"

"Meaning?"

"Nevermind. Just know i dont like the shape of his face. Infact he is facially unattractive"

"Miss selective. I hope you get married someday"

"Whatever babe."

....Like ciriously i love my boss that much.But he dosent even give me attention. The worst thing that can ever happen to anybody is a one sided love. I went to my laptop staring at the screen. I havent even wtitten a word. A tear dropped. The days were fast running.
Re: All About Me (naomi's Tale) by marve20: 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
[quote author=Isyomah post=59508830]

Nice story line, following wink
Re: All About Me (naomi's Tale) by illicit(m): 7:03am On Oct 21, 2017
this is promising..... oya come and update abeg
Re: All About Me (naomi's Tale) by Qasaforlife(f): 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hmmm I like the concept. Interesting story. More update please.

(1) (Reply)

Life Of A Poor Secondary School Boy... / White Love / Content Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.