Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories (16765 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References / "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
Marvel1206:
First things first, let me blow some minds and reveal that this book is actually a product of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Who would have thought? Are you shocked? I sure as hell was. Anyways, let's get into it.
Lalasticlala Mynd44
I think you should channel your something that will improve your life go and learn something. Instead of fooling yourself electronically. I don't like religion myself and I will not be as stupid as you to start insulting other peoples religion. I don't always blame you guys I blame Nairaland that gave you guys the opportunity to be posting sh*t on their website. Instead of your own timeline. I hate religion at the same time I respect peoples belief.
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Don't be an overly sentimental black person. Be a human. If a story has no black person in it, should they manufacture black characters just to make blacks feel good?
When they the story is about Egypt the people are not whites. They are depicted as mixed or black. If there are blacks in a story you'll see them in it. The bible mentions Libyans, Ethiopians and Egypt. If a story does not have them you can't find black people.

the above brought about my query on why there was no blacks in the story perhaps my conclusion on that too. I refuse to ignore the fact that there was not enough black individual in the story i also believe that there was an ulterior motive for that. which is to make people believe that anything white is pure or superior, you don't have to agree, it is my opinion Afterall

2 Likes

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by gmaribel(m): 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
This Book has no equal in teaching kids about the Bible.
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by femi4: 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
Marvel1206:
5. This was that time Lot's wife refused to hear word and got turned into a pillar of salt.She could've made it out with her husband and daughters oh, but she just had to look back because of like jewelries or something.

Funny story, my sister once told me that the world's supply of salt comes from Lot's wife. I said it to a teacher at school in class. I was laughed at for weeks.
In fact, I was told that anytime I eat salt.....na Lot's wife I dey chop
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Lightning07(m): 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:
Can I get copy of this book online? This book put me on my Christian journey
Yes you can go to www.jw.org

1 Like

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by pragmatistm(m): 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
For the benefit of those who still want to read, here's the link to the book:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-stories/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3236368883
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
Miggs:
The fact that people still believe the poorly wriitten stories in the bible shocks me till this very moment.Did you also notice how many folks on this thread didn't even realize the OPs' sarcastic tone about the mentioned book?
i did, that's how some Africans/humans have completely refused to make use of their brains and swallowed every thing about religion (Christianity ) shoved down their throats. without questioning it .
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by femi4: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
MofePR:

I think the resemblance was intentional. Those that sought to crucify Christ didn't know him. One could infer that he bore some resemblance with his inner circle/disciples. That was why Judas had to betray/identify him with a kiss.

There were resemblance in the way they dress too. No wonder Peter was easily identified by that little girl. Though he denied Christ three timed
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Lightning07:
Yes you can go to www.jw.org
Thanks
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
Marvel1206:
13. This was when Jezebel was casually thrown out of a window. She died instantly. Probably from broken bones and internal hemorrhaging. Also, they let dogs eat her body.

I need to have a serious talk with Jezebel's makeup artiste. What is with all that eye shadow?!

According to ◄2 Kings 9:30, it is stated that she painted her face. Some versions say she applied eye shadow.
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Mjbless16(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
OP did u know u just violate D copyright
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by djlaqua91(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
I remember reading this book back then in primary school. Though a Muslim I attended a catholic primary school. Good times smiley
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by dstar01(m): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
Marvel1206:
4. This was when someone came up with the SUPER bright idea to build a tower stretching into the heavens so they could spy on God or whatever.Then God retaliated by plunging them into confusion.

This was what led to GOD diversifying our languages
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by ademijuwonlo(f): 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
This book has helped my knowledge of the holy book. I learnt a lot from my book of bible stories.
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Omoluabi16(m): 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
I grew up with this book. Even if I'm not a JW, I will recommend this book for every Christian children group and family. Unforgettable bible events.

1 Like

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by nams77: 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
cristianisraeli:
HAHAHAHA..IF U DIDNT READ THIS BOOK AS A CHRISTIAN KID...THEN U MISSED ALOT!!!
Lol. It introduced a lot of us to the Christianity concept. I am looking forward to get my son one too when he gets to that age

2 Likes

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

I WAS ALREADY DEEPLY INDOCTRINATED BEFORE I HAD THIS BOOK.
undecided
WOW i love this but it sounds atheistic?
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Marvel1206: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
Miggs:
The fact that people still believe the poorly wriitten stories in the bible shocks me till this very moment.Did you also notice how many folks on this thread didn't even realize the OPs' sarcastic tone about the mentioned book?He is mocking them and the so-called believers are praising him.Good grief...
Sorry, I wasn't mocking them. The only intention of this thread is to make nairalanders reminiscence the old memories whilst mixing lil bits of sarcasm to spice it up. I am also a christain and I read this book as a kid. Besides, I saw it on a website and thought to share. I clearly posted the source there but you chose to feign ignorance. Have a nice day.

4 Likes

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Marvel1206: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
Mjbless16:
OP did u know u just violate D copyright
How did I?
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by bonifieldstun(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
Narldon:

Back in the days..

I used to carry my book of bible stories to Sunday school..

smiley
grin yes back then I usually see u with it, you are now fine oo coconut head
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by talebearer123: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Marvel1206:
9. I don't know about y'all but I think this was hands down, the coolest miracle performed in the bible.

Fight me if you disagree. I don't care.

Coolest thing about this is thr remnants of the lost chariots in the sea were found and are left at the same spot of the crossing till date

And the remnats of Lots wife is still at the the sodom and gomorahs ruins till date.

The Bible us real bro. Very real and accurate
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by VickyRotex(f): 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
MofePR:

I think the resemblance was intentional. Those that sought to crucify Christ didn't know him. One could infer that he bore some resemblance with his inner circle/disciples. That was why Judas had to betray/identify him with a kiss.

I was about to explain the same thing to the Op, then I saw your comment.
Thanks for saving me the time! cool

2 Likes

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by VickyRotex(f): 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
femi4:
In fact, I was told that anytime I eat salt.....na Lot's wife I dey chop

Bwhahahahaha grin grin That one is strong o cheesy
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by MrDandy(m): 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
Oh embarassed This used to be my best novel when I was a kid cheesy
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by talebearer123: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
Marvel1206:

Sorry, I wasn't mocking them. The only intention of this thread is to make nairalanders reminiscence the old memories whilst mixing lil bits of sarcasm to spice it up. I am also a christain and I read this book as a kid. Besides, I saw it on a website and thought to share. I clearly posted the source there but you chose to feign ignorance. Have a nice day.

Nice reply. U truely are a christian. You wrote it in todays language and with a little sarcasm. Being an atheist is a sickness.
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by bonifieldstun(m): 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
Marvel1206:
First things first, let me blow some minds and reveal that this book is actually a product of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Who would have thought? Are you shocked? I sure as hell was. Anyways, let's get into it.
Lalasticlala Mynd44
Op I did not see this fowl in my book of Bible stories oo what page will I see this fowl
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
salbis:
Unconsciously, this book had bestowed some positives in my upbringing.

No be only Christians get positivisty in their upbringing.
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Inspire01: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
nobilie:

When "a JEW" sold Jesus out. Make I see anybody way go say we are not jews
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Inspire01: 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
nobilie:

When "a JEW" sold Jesus out. Make I see anybody way go say we are not jews
pls don't start tribal war
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Miggs(m): 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
Marvel1206:

Sorry, I wasn't mocking them The only intention of this thread is to make nairalanders reminiscence the old memories whilst mixing lil bits of sarcasm to spice it up. I am also a christain and I read this book as a kid. Besides, I saw it on a website and thought to share. I clearly posted the source there but you chose to feign ignorance. Have a nice day.
What is sarcasm if not the use of irony to mock or show contempt?Do you now see how you indirectly agreed with my post you quoted?Who is the ignorant one now?
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by lonelydora: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
Marvel1206:

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Please where can I buy that book?
Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories by Miggs(m): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
talebearer123:

Nice reply. U truely are a christian. You wrote it in todays language and with a little sarcasm. Being an atheist is a sickness.
It is "truly" sir..."Truly"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Fallacies & Scientific Inaccuracies In The Lying Koran / Why We Can’t Jump To Conclusions About Rape Allegations Against Fatoyinbo —CAN / Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.