Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality (62550 Views)

7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day / 4 Things Every Christian Should Know About The Rapture (Photo) / This Is How A Muslim Should View Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by kingthreatz: 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
lilmax:
lol they call themselves modern Christians but left common sense behind

As a Christian, if you don't acknowledge the fact that homosexuality is wrong you are not fit to be called a Christian

life is that simple.... don't be a hypocrite.....adultery, fornication, and all others are wrong same with homosexuality

Christians are becoming gullible day by day, your bible is there, use it as standard for yourself

imagine, there's even a pastor that is gay grin

na that one shock me pass grin

The bolded. I will use that as a valid argument to today's liberal christians

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by newsynews: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
teamsynergy:

lol ... No mind dem... y are nigerian xtians still traveling to Canada, USA , UK and other homos countries... some of them even work under homos bosses ... hypocrites...

if the op had written this hate stuff in a western world mehn.. u gonna be cooling ur head of in detention.....
Yet, you guys want us to believe homosexual are not destroying the world. If someone voices against fornicators, no one calls for their head. But a mere criticism of homosexuals is enough to make them and their satanic supporters to call for your head just as you've done.

Change your ways NOW.

5 Likes

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by Superpower(m): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
GuntersChain:
Inside there immorality in sodom and gomora, Lot was able to raise two virgins. Not the typical mentality that if you can't beat them you join them. Lot held his grounds.
lot raised virgins that ended up raping their father

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by walls01: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
0b100100111:

So animals that indulge in it re possessed too?

Smh.....

so man and animal is the same? do they follow the same law? no wonder you guys cannot understand life properly

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by sonofthunder: 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
I know Seun will not like this op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by haryomikun(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
free2ryhme:

Stop bending the truth with sweet lies

Bible is against homosexuality as sin.

No matter much you paint it will not change it from being a sin and God is against it
Wetin u dey talk

He's not supporting homosexuality na

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by newsynews: 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Laughable, from a dilapidated country that sells human parts grin
So cos a country sells human parts, they should now allow homosexuality as well?

Can you now see that homosexuality is a sin that wants other sins to be legalized? The moment you legalize homosexuality, other bike sins like pedophilia, bestiality, transgender, lesbianism etc will creep in.

6 Likes

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by bjcuntis(m): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
NPComplete:

Says the guy with the name bj-cunt-is. Your useless prayer will be more effective on you, clown. Foolish hypocrites everywhere.
Jokes on u son.
Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by hopefulLandlord: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
Superpower:

the same virgins he offered to a hornny mob

bible stories are senseless and sickening

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by 0b100100111: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
walls01:

so man and animal is the same? do they follow the same law? no wonder you guys cannot understand life properly

Hello! Your religion claims that he created all!

So we can authoritatively say your God created some gay animals which logically proves that he might have had a slight affinity for gays and lesbians and probably programmed some humans same way.

The point is he created gay creatures!

4 Likes

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
newsynews:
So cos a country sells human parts, they should now allow homosexuality as well?

Can you now see that homosexuality is a sin that wants other sins to be legalized? The moment you legalize homosexuality, other bike sins like pedophilia, bestiality, transgender, lesbianism etc will creep in.

I'm not going to debate human rights with you dude.

Anyone that feasts on and gets their jollies on trampling on the basic human rights of others is a sub human and non entity in my book.

Sell your asinine shyte to those that may care as I'm immune to religious bible thumping zealots.

https://www.nairaland.com/3985355/shoes-victims-killed-ritualists-nigeria#59425651

3 Likes

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by ndcide(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
newsynews:
They are controlling keys sectors. As if that's not enough, there is a rise in homosexuals today. It is about time to chose between liberalism and God. Like I pointed out earlier, homosexuals don't want to just be in their bedrooms. They have a sexual lust and want to make other people like them. That's why you see them holding gay parades and flaunting their abomination right in your face. They are no longer in their bedrooms but now on TV. They also want to introduce a subject in schools that teach on sexuality, where kids will be taught that it is okay to sleep with the same sex and even animals. They want your kids to grow up and see nothing wrong in same sex marriages and parents. No, they don't want to remain in their bedrooms, they want you to accept them the way they are and even become like them. If that's not what they want, then why are they out of their bedrooms and shoving their disgust in your face?

6. I don't care what they do in the privacy of their bedrooms.

The quote below is typical of what you will see on social media whenever the issue of homosexuality is being discussed. Read it.

One can easily believe that the above comment must have come from a civilized thinker. Yes, it's true but that was planted into his head. Such comment was started by the homosexuals themselves and planted in the heads of godless people. The worst part is that Christians who go to church every Sunday are also now holding the same idea. They don't know that such idea portends a great DANGER for them. As a Christian, you are to shun evil lest it grows big and swallow you as well. Feeling indifferent about homosexuality not only fuels their agenda, it also puts you as a Christian in the position of destruction. Do you think it was everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah that was gay? If God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of the homosexual sin, then why did He also destroy those that were not homosexuals? He destroyed them along with the homosexuals cos they failed to speak against that sin. They viewed supported it. But why did God rescue Lot and his family?

2 Peter 2:7

and delivered righteous Lot, who was very distressed by the lustful life of the wicked

Lot was a man that was constantly irritated by the lifestyle of the homosexuals of Sodom. He was totally against it. Out of all the people in Sodom and Gomorrah that were not homosexuals, it was only Lot and his family that God spared. Those that were destroyed were destroyed because they condoned the sin and saw it as a normal thing and that gays should be left alone. To put yourself up for destruction from God is to support homosexuals or say "I don't care what they do as long as it is in the privacy of their bedrooms". Not only that, but sympathizing with them when they suffer in the hands of the law. Why do you think Lot's wife turned to a pillar of salt when she looked back? She did cos she was moved by their sufferings and had pity on them. That made her perish.

So, as a Christian your views on homosexuality should be the type that sees it as a disgusting sin. Never fail to speak against it. Don't show any pity when they suffer and always be proud when they label you a homophobic backward person, cos so they did to the prophets of old.

@Picture

Majority of homosexuals are godless and satanic people

God almighty bless you, for this thread. You will never fall, fail or be defeated.

You put in words perfectly, what I've been saying. For those credited with some of the statements you highlighted, the spirit of hell speaks through them.

No wonder the Bible says test all spirit.

God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by GuntersChain(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
Superpower:

there was no other man around, The lineage must continue.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by walls01: 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
0b100100111:

Hello! Your religion claims that he created all!

So we can authoritatively say your God created some gay animals which logically proves that he might have had a slight affinity for gays and lesbians and probably programmed some humans same way.

The point is he created gay creatures!

animals, man, plant, spirits don't follow the same law. he gave man commandments but not animals. man is a free moral agent animals are created to follow a particular pattern.
there is confusion and misunderstanding when you relate all as one

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by teamsynergy: 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
newsynews:
Yet, you guys want us to believe homosexual are not destroying the world. If someone voices against fornicators, no one calls for their head. But a mere criticism of homosexuals is enough to make them and their satanic supporters to call for your head just as you've done.

Change your ways NOW.
ur criticism is nothing but hate speech which is very wrong..... how are homos destroying the world?

why is Nigeria not more successful than countries where homos are allowed to practise their sexuality

3 Likes

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by NPComplete: 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
But the one that was hammered on in the Bible is the sin of homosexuality. The Bible didn't point out the other sins for one reason which is cos they were sins people committed before Sodom. But God had to destroy Sodom cos of homosexuality. That's why Sodom was recorded in the book of Genesis for homosexual sin as seen by the Bible passage above where even angels almost got raped by the YOUNG and OLD Men of the city.

Apparently u haven't read the book of Ezekiel. God Himself was speaking there and we all know what he thought was most important to Him then. He didn't even mention homosexuality when he was listing off the sins.

Today, the word sodomy or sodomite stands for homosexual :.
Thanks, Captain Obvious. What's your superpower again? Being able to disseminate obvious information? We know that because the Judeo-Christian tradition of Europe made them include the word. So what's ur point again?

So you see, you are missing the point or intentionally trying to destroy this thread by likening homosexual sin to other sins. Mind you, this thread is about homosexuals not fornication. Countless threads on fornication have been on nairaland even on front page. I don't think fornicators visited the thread to drag in homosexuals so as justify their own sin.

You can go open an anti-fornication thread somewhere else.

Nonsense appeal to emotion. Ignored. I didn't know you are reading this on a braille. So u didn't notice the OP trying to make fornication seem like less of a sin. Didn't know one of the 3 blind mice is now on Nairaland.

Laws against homosexuals were not implemented until Gays started demanding for their way of life to be made Law and generally accepted. That was what led to the laws against them cos a sane society see their lifestyle as barbaric, even animals know better than them.

Evidence. Where's your evidence. You need to point me to a time when there was no retribution against gay people. Show me evidence. This isn't bible school were we take things by faith. I am arguing logic here.

They claim to just wanted to be in their bedrooms, but now they want to be in public.

Currently there are cartoons with gay characters. Hollywood movies now have gay characters and gay scenes. Magazines are now featuring gays. They are now venturing into school curriculum. That's just a few. Google is your friend, but I doubt you will research cos you are in bed with homosexuals.
Another nonsense that should be ignored. You write a lot of nonsense when two or 3 words should suffice to explain the nonsense you are trying to say. Yeah I am in bed with homosexuals. You know this because we were on the bed together, right?

They don't want to make the world gay, yet Obama who ensured the legalization of LGBT in American became furious at Goodluck Jonathan for allowing an anti-gay law to hold in Nigeria. What about how they have been trying to implement that law in Zimbabwe. If not for Mugabe, that country would have been a sewage by now. What message did you think Obama took to Kenya? Pls research.

Now I am beginning to lose my patience. What sort of idiotic argument is this? I hate engaging people who don't think before they post. So you are saying because Obama was pushing for the legalisation of LGBT in some countries so they want to turn the whole world gay. That's very smart. That's like saying because the civil rights activists in the 1960s were pushing for the emancipation of black people, they wanted to turn the whole world black. Or like saying because Lincoln was trying to end slavery in the 1860s he wanted to make the world Africans. U are very smart.

Yes, God had already decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah and the actions of the homosexual made it worse by trying to rape the angels of God. Idiots grin

You speak of Abraham but you don't know how he bargained with God but couldn't win. He started from 50 righteous men, begging God to spare Sodom if there could be 50 righteous men in the city. &e even brought down the number to 10 but there couldn't be found righteous me. up to that number. So you see, there was no righteous man except Lot. Why wasn't there more than one righteous man? That's because those that were not gay, people like yourself, saw nothing wrong with the activities of homosexuals. And one thing about allowing one sin to fester out of control is that it allows the growth of other sins. The people saw nothing wrong about homosexuality, which means they approved it. Their approval of it enabled them to become sinful too. Once you see nothing wrong with evil or fail to speak against it, then you will one day do evil. His saved Lot cos he was always vexed by the actions of the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. Those that were destroyed saw nothing wrong with their sin. That's the same mindset you want people of today to have. That mindset destroyed the gays and non-gays of Sodom. You want God to destroy us. Shame

Another needless nonsense. I didn't know you are God Himself that you know it was because the other righteous people were supporting homosexuals that's why He found only Lot. I am also sure you know what God was doing before creation. lol. Like the rest of your post, this is just conjecture and has no logical basis whatsoever.

As far as I can see, I think this thread is to make Christians take a stand against homosexuality according to what the Bible states. The Bible doesn't advise to be indifferent about homosexuals or even see nothing wrong with it. The Bible command we shun such and not accept them into our midst.

When I saw you quote and the long wall of text you wrote, I was thinking I will be reading a compelling argument. Frankly I am disappointed. I just wastes my time reading and replying you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
thornapple:
Lefulefu u are hereby empowered to air ur views on this topic.
i had be more wary of religious fanatics than a booty bandit(homosexual).afterall the booty bandits are not forcing anyone to their life style so why would i be worried about them?
but the religious fanatics thats a different cake entirely.they want to force their doctrines and rules down ur throat wich will lead to intolorance and hatred and bring results like suicide bombings,waco disaster,jim jones massacre,9/11 massacre etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
GuntersChain:

mehn your bible is full of horse shit. I thought Incest is a sin according to your God?
the same God that got a virgin pregnant without sex? story!
Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by teemy(m): 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
newsynews:

1. Isn't fornication also a sin?

Yes, it is. But the situation of homosexuality is o e that cries to God for vengeance.

And the Lord said: The cry of Sodom and Gomorrha is multiplied, and their sin is become exceedingly grievous. I will go down and see whether they have done according to the cry that is come to me: or whether it be not so, that I may know. - Gen. 18:20-21
@ NPComplete I would like to put this

Ezekiel 16:49,50
49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

In simpler english verse 49 is arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. Could be shortlisted as shortcentredness and inhospitable. A case of the pot calling the kettle black when I see fornicators or adulterers picking on homosexuals just because 'your sin is not the same as my sin'.

Sin is sin and there would be no discrimination in judgement. We better get our ways right as the inhospitability thing we should be concerned about is deeply growing in Nigeria these days.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by dasparrow: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
newsynews:

The point of this thread is to keep Christians away from showing support to the sun of homosexuality or even feeling indifferent about it.

You know what? I, Dasparrow will keep feeling indifferent about homosexuality until Nigerians stop feeling indifferent about pedophilia! Most Nigerians are not angered by the fact that sexually abusing children destroys their lives. What laws have your leaders created to deal with the high rate of pedophilia in the Nigerian society? How many of your pastors, priests and imams have preached strongly against child sexual abuse? I have been living in Nigeria for a few years now since relocating from USA. I have never heard any message in church that speaks strongly against child sexual abuse.

What you and many others don't realize is that many people who engage in homosexual practices today were once sexually abused as children. I stumbled upon an article online were over 700 homosexuals were interviewed by licensed psychologists and over 99% of those interviewed admitted that they had an abusive upbringing. Do you think that a girl child who was sexually abused by an adult male will grow up and want to have anything to do with a man and his preek again? Do you think a boy child who was sexually abused by an adult male will not develop inappropriate feelings for more male on male sexual intercourse when he is grown?

Listen here, until the world tackles the issue of child sexual molestation, homosexuals will continue to be made and will continue to exist! No sane human being, who was abused by another person and their genitals will grow up with the heterosexual desire. They end up deviating from the norm and when they do, you and your minions will come online and cry.

Eliminate child sexual abuse from this society and the world at large and watch the number of homosexual people dwindle naturally. Until then, you are preaching to the choir. I am a follower of Christ and I am not ignorant of what the bible said regarding homosexuality. However, you need to stop LYING to gullible folks who don't pick up their bible to read. The bible made it clear in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.''

So just know that all these hypocritical Nigerians who fuccck their boyfriends or girlfriends by night and then come to judge homosexuals on Nairaland by day are all ending up in hell fire too IF they don't repent because the bible made it clear that God is not going to show mercy to the fornicator, thief, adulterer, extortionist either just like He won't show mercy to the homosexual if he/she does not repent before death comes.

Again, I stay indifferent to homosexuals until you hypocritical Nigerians start doing something about your pedophile-infested country Nigeria!

Peace, out!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
Gay churches everywhere.

Gay Christians everywhere.
Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by Exciton(m): 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
Fvcking disgusting christians and their hateful messages. Not very different from your Islamic brothers eh. One claims religion of peace, the other of love. Both do the exact opposite and ultimately seek total control over everyone's life.

If only Nigerians would spend more time on real books containing real knowledge than wasting their time on stupid fantasies, our society would be far better than it is.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by alBHAGDADI: 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
teamsynergy:

ur criticism is nothing but hate speech which is very wrong..... how are homos destroying the world?

why is Nigeria not more successful than countries where homos are allowed to practise their sexuality
Very soon those countries will self-destruct.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by CAPSLOCKED: 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
newsynews:
An atheist like you will definitely support this horrible lifestyle cos you are always against God and in support of everything He stands against.

The picture below describes what you support.

I'VE SAVED THE PICTURE ALREADY. IT'S GONNA BE MY WALLPAPER FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by rosita33(f): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
Welldone...

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by Jokerman(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
shineeye1:

For You and other devils alike,

I always thank God

that THERE IS HELL...

No bro, we don't wish hell for any man, rather they should come to the knowledge of truth, which is the mindset of God that all men should be saved.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by Superpower(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
GuntersChain:

so their best option was raping their father
Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by bonymandude(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
undecided With the way this generation is at the present day, i wonder how the next two generations will be like .... Atimes i pity my unborn grandchildren (thats if Jesus tarries though)

2 Likes

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by stevejomo(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2017
I have been on Nairaland since 2009 but this is the greatest and most truthful sensible article I have seen on Nairaland.
May God bless and keep you for posting undiluted truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by ModsWillKillNL: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
True

So true

Thank you OP

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by teamsynergy: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Very soon those countries will self-destruct.

loolololllll

self destruct?? really. humm we shall see...

emancipate yourself ..... those people are light years ahead of us cos they are far more open minded and realistic than us here that believe only God can make our politicians do the right thing and make our country great ...
the major problems the western world is facing is cos they open their doors to religious fanatics from Africa and the middle east
Re: This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality by sparko1(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
newsynews:
Ignore homosexuality then watch how the world will plunge into darkness.

Who told you we have ignored other sins? But the sin of homosexuality is one which cries to God in Heaven for vengeance. Why? Cos it aims to Open the door to other vile sins.

When a society tolerates homosexuality, it comes in and settles down. Don't think that that's all that will happen. It will invite 7 more of his devilish friends e.g bestiality, transgender, pedophilia, lesbianism, etc. Guess what? Each of these friends have friends of theirs to invite into the society too.

Yet, you want to distract the world by telling us to concentrate on thieving pastors only while Satan himself creeps in.

I'll advise you to desist from your homosexual ways.

I don't get what you saying, what is the point of this episode? Are we suppose to kill them or what do suggest we do about it. Whether you like it or not they are here to stay and for the love of God stop comparing Christianity with this, or how do explain transgenders and other weird abnormalities that comes with the world? if there is any bit of prove that can explain their biology, I am open to it because even the Bible say if its be possible, live peaceably with all men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible / Apostle Suleman Mobbed By Church Members After His Release From DSS Office. PICS / TB Joshua Speaks On Buhari's Health, Naira To Hit 650/US1$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.