Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? (10688 Views)

Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' / PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by iphi(m): 7:21am On Aug 13, 2017
I'm confused the bible should straighten things out but i can't seem to get my head around it, maybe I'm not seeing it well and i need help. Deut 24:1-4 and jer 3:1 had their shares and advice according to the law of God about how to divorce (encouraging divorce) BUT 1 cor 7:10-11 and Matt 19:9 and few other new testament chapters disallows divorce and even Luke 16:18 doesn't even allow a divorcee to get married again. According to the bible and todays law a paper for divorce must be given to them. According to the bible in deut 24:3-4. It is an abomination for a woman to get married and be divorced then get married to another man and divorce again (maybe the new husband dies) and return to the first husband if the exhusband accepts her its an abomination. My questions: 1. What is the fate of a woman who never re-married but the ex husband has already moved on after the divorce is it an abomination if this husband comes back to re-marry her (she was a first wife)? 2. Can we call couples that are separated (even when there was no legal paper or traditional backing acceptance) divorced? Bible scholars Nlanders help me answer these questions. Mods pls do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by agbonkamen(f): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2017
Its a clear issue in the bible that God does not like divorce. but if you must divorce as a man or woman you must remained unmarried but when one of them dies the other party is free to remarry. aside all these I listed, every other things like after divorce the man or woman moves on its called adultery if the both are still alive which is a sin before God. A man's first wife is recognized by God while she is alive and her husband is married to another woman but when she (first wife) dies no wahala.

14 Likes

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by labanji(m): 7:42am On Aug 13, 2017
Separation is a temporary marriage division which most times is Illegal.
Divorce is permanent separation mostly backed legally.
Bible is a human made book that even doesn't recognise it's principal subject- Jesus or Mary. Compared to some books that dedicate chapters to these subjects and others.
embarassed undecided kiss
Since Divorce rates among Christians is more, I don't think the Bible explain this.

(If you quote me, You will catch Ebola IJN)

Nwaamaikpe what do you think?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by aku626(m): 7:42am On Aug 13, 2017
yes there is one is permanent while the other temporary
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by hopefulLandlord: 7:42am On Aug 13, 2017
Divorce is wrong, God doesn't support it, what he supports however is buying and selling humans and passing these humans to one's children and children's children as inheritance, also you can beat these humans you buy to death so long they survive for a day or two after the beating

Holy Bible

2 Likes

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by GMBuhari: 7:42am On Aug 13, 2017
Seperation Is Oyinbo's thing ,

Divorce is bible thing

1 Like

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by talkeverytime: 7:43am On Aug 13, 2017
Well, I don't really know.

Hope you plan on going to church today, read here "How to get the Best Out Of Your Church Services" http://www.talkeverytime.com/2017/08/how-to-get-best-out-of-your-church.html
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by Iamsammy(m): 7:43am On Aug 13, 2017
.I only came to read comments, wat do I know

5 Likes

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by linearity: 7:43am On Aug 13, 2017
This space is not for sales!
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by olumaxi(m): 7:43am On Aug 13, 2017
Why?
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by paymentvoucher: 7:44am On Aug 13, 2017
The Difference is Blur

Because:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by EverGlorious(m): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2017
According to the title of this thread, the difference between divorce and separation is; Divorce is a Legal term used to explain the process of ending a 'court/civil marriage' which severes all ties between both parties and allows remarrying as far as the divorce papers has been filed, signed and completed.

While separation is a Christian term used to explain (just like the name implies) the separation of two parties whereby the parties no longer live with each other but are still married, meaning no party can remarry. If maybe through counselling or advice from friends, the parties wish to get back together, they can reconcile and reunite. Marriage is a permanent thing in The Church, the new testament says it all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by Prevhoo: 7:45am On Aug 13, 2017
The two means division.

The Bible is against that.

Nairaland Scholarships thread for Nigerians Abroad in almost countries
https://www.nairaland.com/3983082/nairaland-official-scholarships-thread-degree
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by MadCow1: 7:45am On Aug 13, 2017
The Bible again? grin

Here is the first problem you have with the Bible, it's filled with alot of personal opinions and some of which became law based on personal opinions.

Example: The Books of Exodus - Deutronomy are filled with more than 600 Laws. Only 10 of those 600 Laws were direct commandments from God to Man (written by God himself). The remaining were just laws of Moses. The same thing can be found in the New Testament where Paul (Former renowned Christian Mass Murderer named Saul) wrote lots of letters to small churches scattered all around Israel trying to help bring solutions to some issues. Some of the contents of those letters are being taken as Christian laws today.

So the truth is you are bound to be very confused trying to merge Old Testament Laws and new testament laws or trying to figure out between the Mosaic Laws, God's Laws, Jesus' commandments and those of Paul.

So to keep a sane head and mind as a Christian, only focus on those laws that came directly from God like the 10 commandments and those that came directly from Jesus like "Love your God and Love your neighbour". Everything outside these will only bring you more confusion.

Apostle MadCow.. The 13th disciple of Jesus.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by muller101(m): 7:46am On Aug 13, 2017
cheesy we know the chief cause of divorce is
marriage. People should stop getting married.
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by dabeto: 7:47am On Aug 13, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
agbonkamen:
Its a clear issue in the bible that God does not like divorce. but if you must divorce as a man or woman you must remained unmarried but when one of them dies the other party is free to remarry. aside all these I listed, every other things like after divorce the man or woman moves on its called adultery if the both are still alive which is a sin before God. A man's first wife is recognized by God while she is alive and her husband is married to another woman but when she (first wife) dies no wahala.
The danger in this arrangement is that the second unrecognized wife in an attempt to be recognized before man can commit murder...... cool

however, God is omniscient. He's knows the thoughts of every man.
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by ariklawani(f): 7:47am On Aug 13, 2017
The Lord doesn't support Divorce,But if the marriage is life threatening, separation is the best.
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by canalily(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2017
Yes becos, for separation u wil use one of the separation techniques while in Divorce you use mathematical method of Division smileygrin

1 Like

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2017
What does the bible say about the use of phones
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by Oladipo1166(m): 7:51am On Aug 13, 2017
grin
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by Elnida: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2017
agbonkamen:

the only excuse given In the Bible for a divorce is infidelity.. divorce is so allowed only when one cheats on the other

1 Like

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by DRPAIT123(m): 7:53am On Aug 13, 2017
Iamsammy:
.I only came to read comments, wat do I know
There is no single savage in this bro....or are you doing this to spite arsenal's fans?
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by Joseunlimited(f): 7:54am On Aug 13, 2017
The difference is clear
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by DRPAIT123(m): 7:55am On Aug 13, 2017
they are the same thing.,besides....no matter how innocent the devil appears,he remains satan
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by lunacol(m): 7:58am On Aug 13, 2017
In rare instances Biblical separation in a marriage is recommended than divorce and always with a time limit to come back together. Sometimes we need a brief time of space to regroup and gain perspective--and seek the Lord. Let's refer to 1 Cor. 7:10-11 is talking about separation,the passage reads as follows: “ … the wife should not leave her husband (but if she does leave, she must remain unmarried, or else be reconciled to her husband), and that the husband should not divorce his wife.”

The message in this passage is that divorce is not desirable. This and other messages states categorically that one “should not” get divorced (Malachi 2:16; Matt. 5:31-32; 19:3-9; 1Cor. 7:10-11)the consequences of disobeying God by getting divorced is a life of singlehood (or reconciliation with one's spouse).
God's will is that the two of you reconcile and remarry. Having said that, your legal divorce is still a divorce. Although you are not still married even in “God's eyes,” nevertheless you are not free to marry another,until then, God's will is for you to remain single and pray for reconciliation (1 Cor. 7:11).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by Segadem(m): 7:59am On Aug 13, 2017
...as far as God is concerned divorce is not an option

1 Like

Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 13, 2017
http://chatinent.com.ng Didi doesn't see any difference.
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by Segadem(m): 7:59am On Aug 13, 2017
Elnida:

the only excuse given In the Bible for a divorce is infidelity.. divorce is so allowed only when one cheats on the other
Re: According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? by Lalas247(f): 8:00am On Aug 13, 2017
Seperation doesn't mean the end
Divorce does

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangers Of Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife / Dramatic Construction Of Muslim's Response To Reading "The People Vs Muhammad" / Questions For Atheists!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.