Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement (38866 Views)

Kumuyi: "Stop Attacking President Buhari, It's Ungodly" / Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by horia: 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
whitebeard:
I guess u don't understand her point, she didn't ban it, she only said they should stop using it to divide the church during special events..

Like if there is a traditional marriage, aso edi is involved, but some people will not allow others in, because they don't have the cloth or can't afford the cloth. Simple stuff.. She didn't ban it.
Op understand b4 posting undecided
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Nielbohr203(m): 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
Of course I expect you to know although paying of tithe is an obligation, nobody is penalized for not paying his tithe.

Shafiiimran99:
Ok, but they should have done the same for thithe too
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by MythAngel: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2017
Camlot000007:
Honestly waking up on a Sunday morning like this with terrible hunger after realizing the last meal on you was yesterday breakfast. Am a student here in Ogun state, and this month family is facing financial instability, had to suffer somehow for the time being, pls any one that can help me with some token just to feed for some days will really appreciate.

Pls If ain't ready to help don't yab me
Thanks

This is in no way to yab or insult you... But just curious ,, is there no one around or family member or friend that could render assistance, coming here seems like you have exhausted all sides... Possibly look to neighbours,.
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Omoluabi16(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Thank God for the glorious convention!! I totally support this. How do you keep up when you have consecutive church ceremonies? you become 'left out' Even if aso ebi is used it should be affordable or some could be given for free..those who are broke.

May Shouts of HALLELUJAH! never cease in our lives.
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Omoluabi16(m): 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
Memories12411:
Every coin has two face. The asoebi is meant to break class barrier if it is affordable to everyone. Without asoebi the women will dress to compete. That's where the issue of class will come up and the less privileged will be oppressed.
aso ebi is even more expensive. Imagine you have like 10 lace materials, and yet you're compelled to buy (and sow) for the next event. One has colleagues, families, neighbours and church members. if you don't buy, they say you're stingy. Aso ebi is a yoruba thing, but other tribes do it now. I'm not a fan of it.
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by DLuciano: 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
Young03:
Rubbish, Christians dey always dey do like say na them know God pass
I don't think you even read through the story or understood the message. For we in RCCG, its a very welcome development. Imagine most women from poor background that cannot afford the recommended Ase bi(?) in church women activities are secluded and made to feel inferior.
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by petra1(m): 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
Aso Ebi started in the Bible

Matthew 22:11-13
And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

Aso Ebi is not badin itself , rather it's the by force extortion payment that is not good . It should be free or very affordable

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2017
post=59424335:
As much as I agree with this to some extent.. I must also say that this is not an avenue for Christians to do things without excellence.. because sometimes dressing in matching attired to make a presentation.. shows excellence and the spirit of God is a spirit of excellence
Huh!

Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Fabulous7(m): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
undecided
Young03:
wetin be your own, abi when has that become your load undecided
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Ogadtop(m): 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
dingbang:
I think we should all learn from the wedding at cana

and what happened in the wedding of cannan? was it a christian wedding? it is not recorded anywhere that the couple was a christian descent. that cant be a yard stick for measuring christian way of doing wedding
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by ireneidiva(f): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
post=59424335:
As much as I agree with this to some extent.. I must also say that this is not an avenue for Christians to do things without excellence.. because sometimes dressing in matching attired to make a presentation.. shows excellence and the spirit of God is a spirit of excellence
Did you read it at all?
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by ikorodureporta: 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
See as e b like say na husband wear cap for d pishure
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by handofGod1(m): 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
Must you comment? If you are not a Christian you can't understand what they are saying
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by bentuzene(m): 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hmmmmmmm well this one sha!
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by mumexcellency(f): 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
Well, in my opinion every tribe has tradition and culture. The yorubas for example must use aso-ebi for most of their occasions. That is their own culture let them be. As for the church you can instruct the women of zion in your church not to use aso-ebi, that will be established only in your church because its your church and you have rules and doctrines. And dont forget life is about choices, you can opt for your suitable option as per your culture/ church doctrine.
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Memories12411: 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
Omoluabi16:
aso ebi is even more expensive. Imagine you have like 10 lace materials, and yet you're compelled to buy (and sow) for the next event. One has colleagues, families, neighbours and church members. if you don't buy, they say you're stingy. Aso ebi is a yoruba thing, but other tribes do it now. I'm not a fan of it.
I agree with you. Asoebi is more expensive because people have taken it to a different dimension. The rich don't want to come down to the level of the common people. I am not a fan too.
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Camlot000007: 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2017
MythAngel:

This is in no way to yab or insult you... But just curious ,, is there no one around or family member or friend that could render assistance, coming here seems like you have exhausted all sides... Possibly look to neighbours,.
Honestly
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Eaglesence: 5:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ololanla:
Really!

YES REALLY
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Eaglesence: 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
Young03:

Sidon there. If I be you.I must do pass myself to know God pass. Don't wanna end up in hell meeen. So ALL it will take is what we gasto do.
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Eaglesence: 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
Prevhoo:
I guess the other churches that Allow it are of the devil.

Always springing confusion, Christianity.
Incase you are interested, we have created a directory of all the scholarships in the world on nairaland, just choose anyone and apply.

Nairaland Scholarships thread for Nigerians Abroad in almost countries
https://www.nairaland.com/3983082/nairaland-official-scholarships-thread-degree

Oga na from your mouth we dey hear that one so. No one called other churches devils or think THEM as such.

QUIT SPREADING HATE.

Mtcheew
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Eaglesence: 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
Their members headache, not mine

Excertly So.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by Folufolu: 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
aku626:

Thanks for your clarification some people have perished cause they the read the 'how to, cautio, manual' text basically written for their consumption and safety.

Abi o
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by rejoice4eva(m): 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2017
Love Machine:
Is the pastor who owns fleet of private jet not ungodly?With so many churches in Nigeria,yet , nothing is working for good.
If the church has been poor, maybe you people would be happy. Our God is the owner of heaven and the earth. We can never be poor. The church must be spiritually, physically, and materially blessed.
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by snowblaq(f): 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2017
whitebeard:
I guess u don't understand her point, she didn't ban it, she only said they should stop using it to divide the church during special events..

Like if there is a traditional marriage, aso edi is involved, but some people will not allow others in, because they don't have the cloth or can't afford the cloth. Simple stuff.. She didn't ban it.

Why are you bothering your head over these people... Most of them typing trash didn't even settle down to read the reason why that statememt was made.... They would just read the headings and start typing trash... Forgetting that on the last day... Every idle statement would be brought to judgement.
I was also surprised when i saw the heading.. But i had to read the reason for it and it was clear ..
Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by lereinter(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
MadCow1:

Re: RCCG Bans Aso Ebi, Ungodly Wedding Engagement by awuf2008: 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
What mummy Adeboye said also applicable to Muslims also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faith Oyedepo Tells Ladies Not To Dress Like Grandmas While Looking For Husband / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering / Obituary: Burial Poster Of Father Paul Offu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.