Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:40 AM

Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition (14692 Views)

Submit A 200-word Synopsis Of Your Book, Get Featured On EF / Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by meneski(m): 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
ProFuhrer:
Meneski and Souloho19
Get over here.
... Thanks bro
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Countrygirl(f): 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
Frankeisten and krissconnect
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Countrygirl(f): 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
Souloho19, abeg come oo

Rachaelfst, meneski,
Shewrites I sight you
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Countrygirl(f): 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
meneski:
... Thanks bro
won't you give it a try?
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by meneski(m): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
Countrygirl:
won't you give it a try?
ma try weda in get were i go rich.
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by AlamienDagash(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
cc. hadampson stephengee15 fmartin azeequeen bibi294 lesky3 Gtin
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by SheWrites(f): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
Countrygirl:
Souloho19, abeg come oo

Rachaelfst, meneski,

Shewrites I sight you

Lol... I couldn't resist.

1 Like

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Hadampson(m): 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
AlamienDagash:
Ahshocked
Am not a writer fa

Stepheegee12 and hormobolanle, money fall on youcheesy

1 Like

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by marianneada(f): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
WEEPING MOTHER

***** She was filled with joy and laughter as the makeup artist worked on her face, her joy knew no bound as she remembered the agony she passed through as a childless woman for twenty years. Today is her child's dedication ceremony.

Her mother inlaw had thrown her out of her matrimonial home countless times, but she never lost faith in God, she prayed and believed in him, and finally he answered her prayers , she wiped the tears that have clouded in her eyes.

Then she heard her mother scream, the make up artist dropped her brush and they all rushed to the nursery, only to see her husband carrying her lifeless baby crying.

"What happened?" she asked no one in particular

"Our baby is dead, we found him lying dead in his cradle" her husband said amidst tears

She collapsed and passed away.

Her husband was stilled, he stared at the lifeless body of his baby then at his wife.
Suddenly, he saw someone whisked passed the veranda, he ran after the stranger, but he was late, she had entered the car, he then saw her face, it was his ex fiancee who he abandoned at the altar years ago.

God bless you as you read this.

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Missnande(f): 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
Thanks for the mention divepen. Space booked!

1 Like

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by riqmarol(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
What a Saturday morning! still laid in bed, obviously trying to get back to sleep but I just couldn't help the thoughts of school which heaved on my mind.Secondary schools had resumed for a new session,as a prefect, I had to resume a day before other students.My "Diary of sss3" had begun.I went on my kneels for prayers,talking to GOD is my utmost priority, did a little body movements which I would tag as my morning exercises, then picked up my phone,it was just 7:12am,the anxiety of going back to school didn't make me have a good night rest (so to say),I checked my 2go and WhatsApp for messages, wel,there were.
I dropped my phone and and closed my eyes,reminiscing how things had been in the past 6years,I could still recall vividly when I was being taken to the school as a 10-year old, the crying,Mum was crying she was going to miss her son so I joined in the crying, Dad just told the driver to zoom-off,men!, little or no feelings at all (I said in a low tone),after we had journeyed a little,Dad bought juice and cake for me, was I crying!? Not when juice and cake are going into my tummy. I smiled when I recalled how the junior days had been,errands by seniors, fun with friends,whil I was still in my thoghts,my little jumped on me,ohh!! It was so painful if it wasn't for the fact that he's a 4-year old, he'd have gotten a fire-producing slap.
Tobi! What is it? I asked in annoyance. Dad's calling u," he replied"
I tried to take out of the biscuit he was eating, he resisted and ran out of my room,well, Tobi's kind of stingy, in fact very stingy collecting things from him required tricks but he can eat from you and he's very stubborn. "Good morning sir "I greeted dad when I got to his room,"Morning" he replied."
Dad: what do you say is still left out before you go back to school
I:I haven't ironed my uniforms and house checks
Dad:the generator has little amount of fuel in it,if you can be fast with the ironing and you put off the refrigerator
I:OK sir
Dad: what time do you say we should leave? You know I still have to come back home today
I: By 10am sir
Dad:and how much do I give you for your pocket money
I:like 3thousand naira sha..you said you will send the money for books and provisions later?
Dad:yes. Hmm 3thousand! You now have girls abi
I:The 3k isn't even enough
Dadsadlaughs loudly) chief!! (That's one of the nicknames dad calls me)
I put-on the dynamo and I was running back to my room due to the little amount of ⛽ fuel,almost at my room,I hit my toe against the floor and the skin pilled,Oh No! So I'm starting sss3 with an injured toe not a really good omen .I went slowly into my room to do the ironing although the wound was bleeding.
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by rachealfst(f): 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
Countrygirl:
Thanks for the mention, God bless.
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Wanderlustafrik: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hello writers,

I wish to give out a surprise present to today's leading writer and possibly the number two.

So let's pick them and do the mention thing cos I really don't know how. Can someone tell me how to do a mention?

Nothing more ,keep the stories coming in...

Waiting for everyone so we can pick today's leading candidates and give them their little presents...

1 Like

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2017
Wanderlustafrik:
Hello writers,

I wish to give out a surprise present to today's leading writer and possibly the number two.

So let's pick them and do the mention thing cos I really don't know how. Can someone tell me how to do a mention?

Waiting for everyone so we can pick today's leading candidates and give them their little presents...
Hello, I am here.

CC: Shewrites, Divepen1

Now, to mention someone, just type the person's name as I will here: 'WanderlustAfrik'. You see that, right? The person will be notified.

And, to quote, there's a 'QUOTE' option after every post. Select that option. After it loads, scroll downward, you'll find a comment box waiting. Make sure to not edit the post you find there. Just use the enter key and type whatever you want to say.
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by ProFuhrer: 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
Wanderlustafrik:
Hello writers,

Click on the 'Quote' tab immediately after the post or you could just type the 'name' of person you want to mention.

Currently leading...

1. OluwabuqqyYOLO

2. SheWrites

1 Like

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Wanderlustafrik: 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
She writes and

Oluwabuqqy yolo

How do I forward your little presents?

Need your mail or number.

Pm me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Wanderlustafrik: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
Pro fuhrer thanks for the teach.
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
Wanderlustafrik:
Shewrites and

Oluwabuqqy yolo

Pm me. Thanks
Okay, sure. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Wanderlustafrik: 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
Responded to your mail.

kindly notify me when you receive mine.
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Fmartin(m): 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
AlamienDagash:
haaha! Dagash nd iemfava take my place grin
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 11:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
Wanderlustafrik:
Responded to your mail.

kindly notify me when you receive mine.
I have. Thanks. But, please, I sent you something.
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by hormobolanle: 11:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
Omo Owo reeshocked
I for write o but I bin don swap writing for my ministry to move forward
I will just b observing n c wu win d prize

tanks for d mention anyways
Angelinastto shalomdee Whocarex adontcare(twins)
Dtobs coman write o yewandequeen coman c something Queenitee cone win money so we we can share it 50/50grin

2 Likes

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Isyomah(f): 11:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
TRAGEDY
It was no doubt a cold night. It had not finished raining not long ago though. I wrapped myself with a blanket, shivering like a dog just beaten by rain. My mom brought me a hot coffee, showing her motherly love. I didnt blame her. I was the only child afterall, as my dad was long gone. Upon all these, i didnt forget Benita's birthday party which was scheduled by 9p.m that day. I got up with all the strength i had amd headed for the bathroom. Minutes later, i was in my hot red mini gown which brought out my figure eight. My mom could barely recognise me. She Finally concluded i looked too hot for my age.

Finally! I exclaimed as i heard the doorbell ring. I catwalked towards the door in my black heels. I knew it was my prince charming. I could see love in his eyes. Did i say love? I meant lust. He complimented me in his usual way. Am sure he would have pressed my body to his and kissing every part of me, if not for my mom's killer eyes. My mom cautioned us to be careful. I wondered how the hell would a mom allow her daughter go out at night in the hands of a teenage boy. Maybe she trusted him enough though.

Benita's house was just a few miles from mine, so James and i decided to trek. We got midday and James halted. He peered into my eyes. He was getting me scared. Before i knew it, we were already kissing. We didnt care who saw us. We just wanted to enjoy the moment. A very loud horn and bright light brought us back to our senses. But before we could run, we were both crushed by the lorry.

"What A Life"

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Isyomah(f): 12:01am On Aug 14, 2017
Isyomah:
TRAGEDY
It was no doubt a cold night. It had not finished raining not long ago though. I wrapped myself with a blanket, shivering like a dog just beaten by rain. My mom brought me a hot coffee, showing her motherly care. I didnt blame her. I was the only child afterall, as my dad was long gone. Upon all these, i didnt forget Benita's birthday party which was scheduled by 9p.m that day. I got up with all the strength i had amd headed for the bathroom. Minutes later, i was in my hot red mini gown which brought out my figure eight. My mom could barely recognise me. She Finally concluded i looked too hot for my age.

Finally! I exclaimed as i heard the doorbell ring. I catwalked towards the door in my black heels. I knew it was my prince charming. I could see love in his eyes. Did i say love? I meant lust. He complimented me in his usual way. Am sure he would have pressed my body to his and kissing every part of me, if not for my mom's killer eyes. My mom cautioned us to be careful. I wondered how the hell would a mom allow her daughter go out at night in the hands of a teenage boy. Maybe she trusted him enough though.

Benita's house was just a few miles from mine, so James and i decided to trek. We got midway and James halted. He peered into my eyes. He was getting me scared. Before i knew it, we were already kissing. We didnt care who saw us. We just wanted to enjoy the moment. A very loud horn and bright light brought us back to our senses. But before we could run, we were both crushed by the lorry.

"What A Life"
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Jetjacky(m): 12:28am On Aug 14, 2017
Wanderlustafrik, you are really determined: you are still online, and on this thread, waiting, waiting for something beautiful to read. Nice. wink

1 Like

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Creeza(m): 2:51am On Aug 14, 2017
... This aint mine.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by krissconnect(m): 9:09am On Aug 14, 2017
Countrygirl:
Frankeisten and krissconnect
Thanks dear. Leme cook up something
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by SheWrites(f): 9:22am On Aug 14, 2017
Wanderlustafrik:
She writes and

Oluwabuqqy yolo

Pm me. Thanks

iyareserah@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by EmperorLee(m): 9:58am On Aug 14, 2017
Biafrabushboy oya kan win awoof money grin
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 14, 2017
Divepen1:
1. GSteve001
2. Missnande
3. OluwabuqqyYOLO
4. Heryordele94
5. Debbietiyan
6. meneski
7. McLove
8. horlahmieh
9. Kusibe77
10. AyarmBoye
11.Jazmiynne
12. expensive2
13. KimberlyWest
14. Chipappii
15. Oyindawealth
16. comelyJummy
17. skarlett
18. Trip4Jozzy
19. devilmaycry
20. Lesky3
21. illicit
22. Frankenstein
23. perrypablo
24. boffinjay
25. piroux
26. Gmike2rule
27. ToluLolu0122

Anyone interested
thanks for the mention but i'm so busy this days.nt interested.tnx once again
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by Wanderlustafrik: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2017
She writes

Kindly check your mail and notify me.

Thanks
Re: Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition by souloho19(m): 11:23am On Aug 14, 2017
Countrygirl:
Souloho19, abeg come oo

Tnx joy, lemme see...

ProFuhrer:
Meneski and Souloho19

Get over here.

Tnx bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Between Nnedi Okorafor & Upcoming Author She Told 'Talk Is Cheap' / ​Where Is The Third Answer?- A Review Of Juliana Olayode's (Toyo's) 'Rebirth'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.