Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It (24735 Views)

If You Miss HEAVEN, Who Will You Blame? / We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It / 'Central Bank Of Heaven':See What Is Written On Church Banner Spotted In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by An2elect2(f): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
0b100100111:

Well said!

Thay always fail to be logical!

It's like religion trips-off that "Logical Reasoning Breaker" in there brains.
Thank you smiley It's not religion. It's man's sinful nature, proud and striving.

When God starts letting them go deeper in Sin-man's nature it starts affecting one even in simple sense matters that unbelievers look in amazement
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Lateralmaths(m): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Anyone who believes in Jesus perfect sacrifice cannot miss heaven.

John 10:26-29 KJV
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. [27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Jude 1:24 KJV
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Ephesians 5:25-27 KJV
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; [26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, [27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

If a believer misses heaven, then Christ's sacrifice was in vain.

1 Like

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by general234(m): 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
Am a christian and i still stand on it. If you wish an indept bible study i will be availablequote author=transient123 post=59438984]

I know you are a Muslim and I am too. All statements made there are laid with sarcasm, wanting my Christian brothers to buzz around it in droves the same way bees buzz around hives.

I have replied one with the nelow, savour it too.

quote author=transient123 post=59438779]

I laugh in Greek. I know sons of god will surely buzz round me the same way bees buzz around hives.

I was discussing with one of you guys on this same platform and I quoted where the bible supported jungle justice, he was quick to say that wasn't Christlike and oerhaps, that was from the old testament, something he has not even come across before or read.

So, was surprise this op was quoting from the same old testament that another brother rubbished. Isn't that CONFUSION.

Note, he isn't the first person condemning old testament, lots of you guys do when confronted with divine laws especially as it relate with punishment. The usual "love" resonance and hypocrisy come to play.

I don't belong to the class of confusion, I belong to the class where divine laws are laid bare and sacrosant, even if the world hates it, we don't panelbeat.[/quote]
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Lateralmaths(m): 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
@OP How does one become holy and how can one remain holy?
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by swiz123(m): 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2017
uglodoh:

What is perfect holy life
a life without mistake
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by swiz123(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
Opinedecandid:

What is the difference?

In short, what do you mean?.
Christ lived a perfect holy life while Moses lived a holy life.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by swiz123(m): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
majekdom2:
there is n like perfect holy.. holy is holy, truth is truth. Any addition or subtraction make it unholy.
did Moses live a perfect holy life? Didn't he make heaven
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by BookerT8: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
I strive for perfect life day by day by God's grace
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by SirGoldEjike(m): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
Op you must be born again to Live a Holy Life,,,, i didnt see it! Nothing was said about JESUS CHRIST the way to heaven,, all you saId is ''Live a holy Life'' if so Muslim, Atheist, moralist and other's who through discipline live a clean life would make heaven too, Thanks
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by nairayouthcom(m): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by iphi(m): 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2017
arantess:
Loving (John 13:35)
Compassionate (Mt 25:35-40; Lk 10:33)
Service-oriented (Mt 23:11)
Sacrificing (Mt 19:21; Jas 2:14)
Giving, Generous (Mt 5:42; Lk 3:11; Jas 2:15-16)
Merciful (Mt 5:7; 18:33)
Long-suffering (Mt 5:41)
Patient (Lk 8:15; Jas 1:3; 2Pe 1:6; Rev 2:2-3; 19)
Peacemaking (Mt 5:9)
Forgiving (Mt 18:21, 35; )
Fidelity in marriage (Mt 5:27-32)
Taking action on Jesus words (Mt 7:24-27)
Meek, Gentle (Mt 5:5, 22)
Humble (Mt 18:1-4; 23:12)
Trusting, Faithful (Mt 6:25-34; Lk 12:21-24)
Moral (Mt 15:19-20)
Honorable, Having integrity (Mt 5:33-37)
Prays (Mt 6:5)
Fasts (Mt 6:16-18; 9:15)
Value the Word of God (Lk 8:21; Mt 10:40-42)
Not Materialistic (Mt 6:19-21; Rev 3:17; Lk 12:15)
Not Judgmental (Mt 7:1-5)
Not Self-righteous nor Hypocritical (Mt 24:51; 6:2, 5, 16; 23:13-29)
This is the crux of the matter, if we can do these Heaven is SURE...God bless and help us all. Amen
pls whats the meaning of that scripture 'Jas' under giving generously and sacrificing
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by ProjectNaija(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
We can speak in tongues and miss heaven.

We can "win souls" and miss heaven.

We can see vision and miss heaven.

We can prophesy and still miss heaven.

We can cast out devil and miss heaven.

We can perform miracles and still miss heaven.

We can read the whole Bible and miss heaven.

We can attend all church services, fellowship activities and camp meetings and miss heaven.

We can have anointing and miss heaven.

We can have all spiritual gifts and miss heaven.

We can be rich, prosperous and wealthy and still miss heaven.

We can give and sow seeds and still miss heaven.

We can wield power and be influential and still miss heaven.

We can have a powerful voice to sing and miss heaven.

But we cannot LIVE A HOLY LIFE and miss heaven.

HOLINESS IS THE REAL DEAL!

*"Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 20:7)*

*"O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth." (Psalm 96:9)*

*"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)*

Forwarding this is
Evangelism. Let us win a soul for Christ. Amen!

I am sorry to burst your bubble but you are clearly wrong and your position is not supported by sound scripture. Jesus and the apostles made it crystal clear in several of their teachings that the greatest and most important commandment for us as Christians is to Love God and equally our fellow man and you cannot love God if you don't love your fellow man. Love is the key to salvation unfortunately a lot of Christians miss the point.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Ctrlsolutn: 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
What is holiness?

Ans: Total obedience of the word of God.

We shall try our very best anyhow . ..I KNOW OUR MERCIFUL GOD WL REMEMBER MERCY IN JUDGEMENTS.

I KNOW GOD FORGIVES!!!!

I really love to make heaven, and I sometimes pray God to help me make it. If it is sure that i wl make heaven if i die today, then let me go O' lord now.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by victorioushands: 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
OP pls edit your post and add "we can be as poor as church rat and miss heaven" before people begin to think that poverty is a criteria.

1 Like

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

We can attend all church services, fellowship activities and camp meetings and miss heaven.

*"Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 20:7)*

*"O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth." (Psalm 96:9)*

*"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)*

Forwarding this is

I'm sure no one wants to goan clap in heaven
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Antichristus: 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
NO ONE WILL MAKE HEAVEN BECAUSE IT IS THE CREATION OF HUMAN MIND, IMPOSED UPON FELLOW HUMANS AND ACCEPTED BY THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO BE GULLIBLE.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
swiz123:
If you live a holy life but not a perfect holy life.you will still miss heaven

Your hope of making heaven is not and should never be about yourself holiness for you can never be Holy enough .... It is your faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ, in the cross ... Tom hope to make heaven on the basis of your self righteousness is to make yourself a Pharisee

2 Likes

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by NavalObi37: 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
Love this One of the best post I've ever read here May God help us to live Holy
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by ysyowel(m): 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
faith and faith alone can take one to heaven any other thing is working for reward
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by vinlinks: 12:15am On Aug 14, 2017
Remember Jesus said only through him you can see God. What if you live a holy life and you are a Muslim can you go to heaven ?

I need a answer.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 14, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

Forwarding this is

To add to it
We can be poor an still miss heaven .don't forget we should use our resources to win for Christ be you rich or poor as Yahweh isn't a respecter of any person. Let edict ourselves instead of arguing who's fake or original, what's the latest gist apart God's servants downfall. Living holy life entails staying from all appearance of evil including condemning and gossiping God's servants. Miriam's case is an example to all.Live your life as if tomorrow is rapture. God bless you all
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Kaysalas(m): 1:00am On Aug 14, 2017
swiz123:
dont cause unnecssary arguement, holy life is perfect holy life already.if it isnt perfect, it isnt holy
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Nely77(m): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2017
swiz123:
Sorry sir. I disagree totally. It is either you qualify or you failed. There is no in-between!
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by transient123(m): 9:41am On Aug 15, 2017
general234:
Am a christian and i still stand on it. If you wish an indept bible study i will be availablequote author=transient123 post=59438984]

I know you are a Muslim and I am too. All statements made there are laid with sarcasm, wanting my Christian brothers to buzz around it in droves the same way bees buzz around hives.

I have replied one with the nelow, savour it too.

quote author=transient123 post=59438779]

I laugh in Greek. I know sons of god will surely buzz round me the same way bees buzz around hives.

I was discussing with one of you guys on this same platform and I quoted where the bible supported jungle justice, he was quick to say that wasn't Christlike and oerhaps, that was from the old testament, something he has not even come across before or read.

So, was surprise this op was quoting from the same old testament that another brother rubbished. Isn't that CONFUSION.

Note, he isn't the first person condemning old testament, lots of you guys do when confronted with divine laws especially as it relate with punishment. The usual "love" resonance and hypocrisy come to play.

I don't belong to the class of confusion, I belong to the class where divine laws are laid bare and sacrosant, even if the world hates it, we don't panelbeat.

Did you say bible study...lol. I have studied it with the holy spirit and found out that it doesn't worth all the time, resources, faith and commitment put into it, I have moved on.

More so, I strongly advice those innocent men and women out there who do not know their left from their right, but utterly confused with the doctrines of Christianity and by extension from men in suits need the study, on unity of purpose and understanding, then their could be meaningful dialogue.

Shalom.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by ichuka(m): 2:55am On Aug 16, 2017
1Cor1:30
New International Version
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
@OP,Christ is our"everything" including holiness.question is are you "in Christ"?
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Captain001(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2017
[quote author=An2elect2 post=59440222]
Now read what you quoted smiley A saved man is a godly man and cannot turn the grace of God into licencousness. A saved man was long ago marked out for salvation, justification and glorification.

Just because you are not now able to rightly divide the word of God shouldn't make you think God has not taught many people to.

God cannot teach you one thing and teach another a different thing. There's only one truth. You made mention of the thief at calvary that Jesus forgave; he died on that cross, if he had Lived thereafter and continued in Sin, not even the promise of eternal life by Christ on the cross would have saved him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Satan, The Cherub That Covereth And The Inverted Pyramid / 'It Is Impossible To Find A Woman Like My Wife' - Pastor Adeboye Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.