Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt (19742 Views)

Courageous Police Officer Foils Kidnapping Attempt On Nigerian High Road. / Man Joined A Kidnapping Gang So He Could Have Money To Celebrate Sallah (photo) / Innocent Woman Linked To A Kidnapping Gang. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
If posting from a new ID was all you did, the SSS can visit you tomorrow - if they want.

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by topfally75(m): 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
Someone who assists another 1) who has committed a felony, 2) after the person has committed the felony, 3) with knowledge that the person committed the felony, and 4) with the intent to help the person avoid arrest or punishment. An accessory after the fact may be held liable for, inter alia, obstruction of justice.[color=#990000][/color]
The above situation is what you're into.
If you don't mind I need information of that your friend, location urgently.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by byemx06(m): 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
secretlifesaver:
Hello my fellow people please i have to register this new account to keep my identity private as i don't want the SSS knocking my door and it's a secret i have to keep from my wife because i introduced her to Nairaland so i need to go anonymous.

Ok...

I'm a University graduate but like everyone of us, i have the bad friends and the good friends. I'm used to both side of life. Just 3 days ago my close bad friend hinted me about a kidnap that will happen in this coming week( i guess,) They are expecting about 30M from the ransom from the job. I know these guys don't joke because they have succeeded in the past before by doing over 3 kidnappings and they have once had a close call with the Law.

How i knew this....

This close bad friend of mine told me about a kidnap they have done before last year, Mentioned how it went down and what happened when the family of the kidnapped people didn't turn up with money on time because it was a misinformation. He said he had to stood up to the other member that they should let them go since their family can't raise 20M, He said it was a big fight and he forced them to collect 2.5m from the kidnapped family member and since then he told them he's out. Afterwards the gang continued their job without him and did another 3 successful job. The fourth was the close call they had with the police and the kidnapped victim was rescued by the police when they locate their den. The other guys ran out of town for more than 6 months but this bad friend of mine never let, he has the courage that he hasn't committed any crime and nothing happened to him. About 5 weeks ago, the gang leader is back in town after about 7 months out of town and I've seen him on many occasions pulling forces and resources together but never knew their intent until my close bad friend hinted me about their plan.

So i asked him if he's going with them and he said YES, I was shocked and he said i shouldn't worry that nothing will happen.

I am not worried because he's not my blood just a bad friend,

But i haven't been able to sleep at night since he told me;

Please what do you suppose i do? If i let them go ahead and do the job even with my close bad friend with them and they got paid nothing happened, this will hunt me forever. I can't change my close bad friend mind because he has already made up his mind.

If i blow the whistle on them and involve the law, Our law system is F@#$ up , and they will treat me like a criminal.

If they go ahead and do the job i know i need to stay away and clear from him....

Well with this out of my mind i should be able to sleep.

Please tell your family and friends to watch their back and be safe ...

Please i need advise from my N'landers member. I will be watching and reading this post closely and learn from the comment. Please i don't know the location or the time when the job will go down but i know it's going down.....

y will u keep a bad friend for God sake,
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by mysteryman2014: 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
Show me ur friend and I will tell u who u are. It is like u enjoy the thrill of moving with bad ppl. Mind u the day the law catches up with them with u in their company, how will u exonerate yourself.

My two pence, quit mixing with the bad guys, it could spell u doom

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by meforyou1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
Which mod even put this thread on the front page instead of deleting it?
Is nairaland now a den for criminals?
Somebody say he is aware of 3 "successful" kidnappings and of the 4th one in the offing by his friends. And don't want to report to police.
And u want people to be debating about it?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Antichristus: 8:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
Except you logged into NL through VPN the police in saner climes should be able to track you down, right now.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by lastmessenger: 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
secretlifesaver:
Hello my fellow people please i have to register this new account to keep my identity private as i don't want the SSS knocking my door and it's a secret i have to keep from my wife because i introduced her to Nairaland so i need to go anonymous.

Ok...

I'm a University graduate but like everyone of us, i have the bad friends and the good friends. I'm used to both side of life. Just 3 days ago my close bad friend hinted me about a kidnap that will happen in this coming week( i guess,) They are expecting about 30M from the ransom from the job. I know these guys don't joke because they have succeeded in the past before by doing over 3 kidnappings and they have once had a close call with the Law.

How i knew this....

This close bad friend of mine told me about a kidnap they have done before last year, Mentioned how it went down and what happened when the family of the kidnapped people didn't turn up with money on time because it was a misinformation. He said he had to stood up to the other member that they should let them go since their family can't raise 20M, He said it was a big fight and he forced them to collect 2.5m from the kidnapped family member and since then he told them he's out. Afterwards the gang continued their job without him and did another 3 successful job. The fourth was the close call they had with the police and the kidnapped victim was rescued by the police when they locate their den. The other guys ran out of town for more than 6 months but this bad friend of mine never let, he has the courage that he hasn't committed any crime and nothing happened to him. About 5 weeks ago, the gang leader is back in town after about 7 months out of town and I've seen him on many occasions pulling forces and resources together but never knew their intent until my close bad friend hinted me about their plan.

So i asked him if he's going with them and he said YES, I was shocked and he said i shouldn't worry that nothing will happen.

Please what do you suppose i do? If i let them go ahead and do the job even with my close bad friend with them and they got paid nothing happened, this will hunt me forever. I can't change my close bad friend mind because he has already made up his mind.

If i blow the whistle on them and involve the law, Our law system is F@#$ up , and they will treat me like a criminal.

If they go ahead and do the job i know i need to stay away and clear from him....

Please i need advise from my N'landers member. I will be watching and reading this post closely and learn from the comment. Please i don't know the location or the time when the job will go down but i know it's going down.....
my advice to you is to relocate from where you are.change your phone numbers and all means to which your friends can have access to you. Because one day when it happen and they are caught, they may end up roping you up as one of them.
Change location and start a clean state of life.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by airlord2020: 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
I have one advice for you. Cut all links with this person, with time they will start suspecting you if anything goes wrong, secondly.they may mention your name as accomplice.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by crackhouse(m): 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
The Op sounds like a bad person too.
For those saying he should stop associating with his bad friend, if he stop then he's in trouble because he already know his secrets and the guy may be afraid that he may leak his secrets one day, this alone can make him to take his life.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Charly68: 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
Please God by blowing the whistle ..
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
Thank you for sharing this info. and your willingness to take advice(s). It really does show you are a reasonable person.

I have a couple for you:

My candid advice is REPORT this information "anonymously" to the police department particularly in-charge of kidnapping. Give them your bad friend's details and let them go from there.Whether or not any action is taken is entirely up to the police but do your own part as a good person to report this. You could save a life.

I say anonymously because the police department is already infiltrated with too many bad eggs as you and I already know. You don't want your bad friend(s) knowing it's you snitching. They could come for your life and that of your loved one.

Secondly, DISASSOCIATE yourself from bad friend(s). They can NEVER bring you any good.
Trust me, you do not want to be caught up with the wrong people cos you will not be able to prove your innocence.

Your priority should be working hard and securing the future for your family and yourself, not mixing with people who can not add an atom of value to your life.

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by ngwaba(m): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
You're looking for trouble. Whenever their game is up the possibility of you been involved and roped in is high. Police will label you an informant and accomplice. You better start getting ready cos someday the game will be up for them and they will certainly involve as many people to go down with them.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
dingbang:
See all of us giving advise instead of praying we ain't the victim.

Me na knife I go dey carry for my bag now wherever I dey go.. If any body try rubbish, I chook d person for belle silently

So you want them to type their prayet petition on thks thread?
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Eddufy(m): 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hmmm...OP. If you are thinking of an advice or what to do. I'll suggest you follow this one. God will expose kidnappers d way e exposed Evans.
chloride6:
Some of you might think you have a tough one here but really you don't.

Your priorities should be,

1. Your Safety
2 or 3Your friends safety
2 or 3 Your civic responsibility as a good citizen

You didn't hear by chance, your friend told you meaning he trusts you. It isn't some accidentally tip off.If they bust him, dude you are in some serious trouble. What if he didn't tell you. Besides, the info you have is very vague, I don't think you can do much with it. The only way you can pry more info is to snitch on him and if he gets out of that by Nigerian Factor, just let's say you won't be happiest person.

Don't try to talk him out of it. If the thing busts, you will be a suspect. You should be more concerned about absolving yourself of any blow back that could result by distancing yourself from operational details, in fact keep away for now.

Your ability to perform your civic responsibility is hampered by the country itself, we all know bhow funny the Nigerian Police can be. They should by now be able to guarantee anonymity for tippers with proven results.

Seeing that you can't even guarantee your safety whatever the route you take. The only viable options is pray that the police interfere like they did before, and then hope that they will have a change of heart.

Asides from that, i beg you, if only for madam and the kids, shut up. Your friend might be dabbling into other vices like armed robbery and you won't get even know ( Ask Evans). In fact, try and distance your self from his illegitimate dealings as it could be very dangerous for you if he gets uncomfortable with attitude towards him, and might feel you are out to expose him. Drink together , laugh together and do not expose your business dealings to him. Also never accept a substantial amount to money from him!
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by dingbang(m): 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

So you want them to type their prayet petition on thks thread?
is this how u reason?
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by osuofia2(m): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
You better go and make report.... Go to SARS office close to you and ask Od the Oc SARS.... Make your report, they will take it from there...
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by osuofia2(m): 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
You better go and make report.... Go to SARS office close to you and ask Of the Oc SARS.... Make your report, they will take it from there...but be rest asure that your friends might be gunned down by SARS.... They hardly picks such guys alive
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
dingbang:
See all of us giving advise instead of praying we ain't the victim.

Me na knife I go dey carry for my bag now wherever I dey go.. If any body try rubbish, I chook d person for belle silently

Hahaha this is funny

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by FKseun(m): 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
I seriously believe you are joking! Do you know how SARS and other Security Agencies work? I can guarantee you that you "close bad friend" will mention your name when he is caught and faces just one "grilling session" during interrogation. I can bet you. grin
Your only saving grace is for you to anonymously report them and keep an evidence somewhere safe. How do you think that all those who had knowledge of Kidnapper Evans activities are being picked up? I wish you good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
And you needed to read d's post b4 you know? How old are you?

Dudeweedlmao:
Yeah, i need to start cutting ties with all my bad friends.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
Go on Twitter and tell the ACP but for gods sakes address him properly.

I suggest Chief Alhadji Elder Yomi, JP grin
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by undeniableGrace(m): 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
I git good news for you. The world is just a small place now due to technology. With your IP address, your location, true identity, online activities like email, facebook, online banking, sms is known. If Law enforcement Officers are serious, you should be picked up before day break for de-briefing on all you know and possibly round up your friends and his colleagues in crime. Crime never pays my dear friend. coming out would have saved an innocent family trauma, pain or possibly death.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by musicwriter(m): 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
secretlifesaver:

Yes and the police could round them up and that will be on my conscience forever and it will turn to a burden

Is that a joke or what? If you report them and the police watch them and nothing happens, they'll not be penalized, neither would you be burdened. By the way, that "bad friend" of yours is the kind of person you need cut-off from your life, as associating with such a person even put you in bad light here.

And do us a favor by checking whether they haven't been caught already. See breaking news about caught kidnappers here https://www.nairaland.com/3986098/kidnappers-caught-along-ibadan-ijebu-ode
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by blessedjohn: 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Who knows whether its your family member they are planning to kidnap. The right thing is to make anonymous report!!.
secretlifesaver:

Ok...

How i knew this....

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Flintstone06(m): 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
YorubaNigga2:
Another IPOB from the SE

SMH for this pigs. All their businesses are illegal and fake. Kidnapping is their hobby. They'd do anything to make wealth

Elede republic!

Idiot! Am Yoruba.. The issue on ground needs your opinion and advice and not display of your stupidity. Tribal bigot
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by jessykings(f): 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
YorubaNigga2:
Another IPOB from the SE

SMH for this pigs. All their businesses are illegal and fake. Kidnapping is their hobby. They'd do anything to make wealth

Elede republic!
Like seriously? Are you for real? Is tribal bigotry all you ever think of? Kai 9ja, how did we get here?
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by solidmyk(m): 9:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
I wish you had make a brief explanation not the one dat can implicate you like dis.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by goodmorning40: 9:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
Someday soon u will be the victim himself, u now know too much info about these bad people thereby making urself a treat to them. Bad people always want to clean off people who have knowledge of their activities in order to stay clean.

If u spill now they will still suspect u, unless u are going to have a kind of arrangement with the law to make it look like they were caught In the act

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
Report to the police anonymously... there are different ways to do it now.

secretlifesaver:

Ok...

How i knew this....

Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by mekanaky: 9:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
chinua Achebe is an apprentice to u
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by octopusfreaky(f): 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2017
@OP this information you just posted is dicey. You are a man and i expect you to think twice before posting such here. Mennnn you a suspect also Just watch your back.
Re: Please I Need Quick Advise, I'm Aware Of A Kidnapping Attempt by Luckygurl(f): 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
MadCow1:
Here are some cold hard truth for you..

No.1 - You said they have carries out other kidnappings before which you were in the know of. That already makes you an accessory to the crime and it is punishable under the law. So you my friend are already a criminal.

No.2 - You know and associate with known Kidnappers so that makes you an accomplice wether you participate or not.

No.3 - You know of a new plot to kidnap ye another person. You know they are assembling resources for the crime and even know the gang leader and a member of the syndicate. You Sir are already implicated in the crime.

Now here is my advice.. Go meet a Lawyer to explain to you what your level of involvement may be. Do not think just because you are in Nairaland you are untraceable. This post can be narrowed down to the I.P address from which it was sent and a dragnet set for you so consider yourself exposed. It will be in your best interest to make a move now to report the crime to the police in the company of a good lawyer who can arrange a plea deal for you to act as a Police witness.

If you don't support their actions then you should have no problems snitching.

Oh yeah!!
The emboldened caught my attention.
Is this obtainable in this effed up country of ours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South African Lady Raped From Age 10 By Uncle’s Son Shares Depression Story / Man Arrested For Tearing Qur’an In Kano / Man Jailed 4 Years For Stealing, Threatening And Raping Female Neighbour.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.