Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,064 members, 7,807,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban (30776 Views)

Meagan Good Called 'Ungodly' For Posing In Bikini. She Replies / Pregnant Tboss: Daddy Freeze Slams The Lady that Exposed Pictures In A Clinic / Uti Nwachukwu slams Pastor Mike Winning For Cursing BBNaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by IfyGabbie: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2017
The said ban is to avoid unnecessary pressure on those that cannot afford the aso-ebi for church functions and not occasions outside the church. People should try and understand reasons behind certain decisions before conclusion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by wolverine1987: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2017
pls where did pastor adegboye or his wife ban a so ebi? I was in d camp that Saturday n what mummy GO said has been misinterpreted by pple(which is not uncommon) buh pls let daddy freeze get his facts well befor saying what he doesn't know. what pastor adegboyes wife said - as that it has com to her knowledge that d said aso ebi
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by wolverine1987: 11:08am On Aug 14, 2017
pls where did pastor adegboye or his wife ban a so ebi? I was in d camp that Saturday n what mummy GO said has been misinterpreted by pple(which is not uncommon) buh pls let daddy freeze get his facts well befor saying what he doesn't know. what pastor adegboyes wife said - as that it has com to her knowledge that d said aso ebi was causing segregation in the church so therefore it shouldn't b a basis for ceremonies. especially when one doesn't sew it. the key word she used was moderation which is not a bad thing if u ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by kd11: 11:16am On Aug 14, 2017
The leadership of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), has banned the use of compulsory uniforms also known as Aso Ebi worn at church functions.

According to Tribune, wife of the General Overseer of the church, Pastor Foluke Adeboye, disclosed this yesterday, when she spoke at the church's women’s meeting, which was part of the activities of its 65th annual convention of the church themed “Halleluyah”.

Pastor Mrs Adeboye described as ungodly acts by some church leaders to compel their members to buy and wear a particular uniform aka Aso ebi during any church function.

She said that there have been reports that some members of some parishes in the church that cannot afford to buy some of these Aso Ebi's have been exempted from some church functions. She warned that such un-Christianly act of keeping church members out of programmes because of Aso ebi, must never be heard of again among the women in the church, adding that those caught would be severely sanctioned.

According to her, Aso Ebi which should ordinarily be for the family, must not be elevated to the point of making it to overshadow the spiritual life of the congregants.

Mrs Adeboye also frowned at the idea of what is seen as petty lies during Christian wedding engagement, where those conducting such events would have to engage in lies to make money from the attendees.

According to her, there is no white or black lie, small or big lie with God. She stressed that when attendees are asked to bring air fare to fly in an item already provided for at the event venue, those involved are simply engaging in ungodly act which is a sin.

She called for moderation among Christian women, saying that their focus should be bringing halleluyah and spirituality into their homes and not engaging in the ungodly acts of the unbelievers.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by marveleo: 11:21am On Aug 14, 2017
Dady freezer u' re funny, so u think Adeboye saying that he just said without revelation, God revealed it to him.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Kest001: 11:29am On Aug 14, 2017
ShitHead:
This useless Freeze's tongue will soon freeze one day.
F ...can u do any occasion without aso ebi...I rem u were in aso ebi last week
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by 4reala(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2017
SouthwestNigga:
The reason for banning this Aso ebi by RCCG is what I don't understand. Is it demonic?
NOPE, It is used to exclude the have nots in the church. making them look inferior, since they cannot go and steal to buy
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by rossyc(f): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2017
Every pastor coming up with their dos and don'ts, well that's for there members left for me I see nothing wrong with asoebi..
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by kooltrick(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
kingjomezy:
ask the guy above me
the guy above you is just booking space and nothing more
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by freddymanny49: 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
TROLL ALERT!!!!

The might as well ban pre-wedding photo shoots, engagement parties and bridal showers.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by larrybee2017(f): 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
The last time I check the brain of this guy,it was still in the freezer how such individual say anything meaningful? Ode omo
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Fummylola: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
0b100100111:
The point is that in as much as it's to allow the low income earners to participate at such function, then same should apply to Redeemers University. School fees should be slashed to also accommodate low income earners

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

Soup wet sweet na money kill am
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Ovamboland(m): 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2017
Idango:
Don't be making comments on what does not concern you .
Especially where it relates to Ministers of God .

They are not accountable to you.

What could happen ? Ask Aaron and Miriam, ask Korah, Dathan and Abiram

See the way people set themselves up? How can you say a man is not accountable to his fellow men. Is he a god?

My take is that people who talk like this don't really love their pastor or leader, they just want to be on the right side of things for personal benefit.

If the so called man of God ends up in hell due to over worship and lack of correction, that's his cup of tea
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by LolaO(f): 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
SmartMugu:

So, church members actually come up with me funds for these clothes? I thought the church pays for that.

It's church members that come up with the funds, and that's why the authority decided to kick against it
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Pearllait(f): 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
OBku4:

I'm sure this freeze man didn't get to read the reason for d ban before commenting.
I applaud the step taken by redeem church.

the ban was not for people wearing aso ebi to church, but for group wearing... to stop compulsory sewing/buying of uniform aso ebi's

I'll say, its bloggers I blame... who try to twist things so as to get traffic

THANK YOU FOR THIS.
I AM SURE HE DIDN'T GET THE ACTUAL MSG. On the other hand, i strongly agree with what she said. This aso ebi thing has separated some friends. If e too cost (even 1,000 naira is too much for some ppl) and i no buy i don turn ur enemy and somtyms some ppl even borrow money from other ppl just to buy and get it sewn so as to meet up. I am a supporter of pick a color and let everyone wear what he or has. it's just for the wedding, what we should focus more on is the marriage after the wedding. May God help us all.
#whoamitojudge
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by GuntersChain(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
what goes into a man does not make him unclean but what comes from the heart of a man that is what makes him unclean, the wedding Jesus attended was it a traditional or white wedding?
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
This Daddy ADEBOYE or whatever they call him needs to sit down and read the bible and undestand it. He has misled alots of followers.. How can he say alcoholic drinking is unscriptural.. This is a big lie...He should point a specific bible verse that forbids that.. I seriously weep for those following him.. I will keep praying for you. May God open your eyes to the truth.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Ovamboland(m): 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
Onnasucs1:
This guy is just very stupid.

For his information, the bible refers to alcoholic drinks as STRONG DRINK while normal drinks/non alcoholic are called wine. So saying Jesus attended a wedding where alcohol is been drunk is plainly blasphemy.

Though I don't believe that a pastor should dictate what his members must wear or not wear but pastor Adeboye own his church he has the right to ban and un-ban what he feels will be better for his church..

See the danger of one man founded church, so he owns the church and not Christ.
It's not about what the scripture says but what the set man who can't be challenged feels.

This is sure recipe for disaster.

Truth has a very long life span, a teenager just asked me about the proprietary of collecting tithes in church . Do I say the truth, sustain the lie or avoid the question
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Jobstream: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
*See reasons for bans of Aso ebi & ungodly wedding engagements*

COMPULSORY uniform outfit, popularly known as Aso ebi, has been outlawed in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).

Petty lies, usually told at wedding engagement ceremony, have also been declared ungodly and banned forthwith.

Wife of the General Overseer of the church and Mother-in-Isreal, Pastor Folu Adeboye made these known on Saturday at the women’s meeting, which was a part of the activities of the 65th annual convention of the church themed “Halleluyah”.

She stated at the meeting that compelling members of the church to participate in Aso ebi during special programmes in local assemblies was ungodly.

The news that some members of the church without financial power to buy such uniforms, were excluded from the programmes for which the uniforms were sown, was seriously repudiated by the church leadership.

She noted that Aso ebi which should ordinarily be for the family, must not be elevated to the point of making it to overshadow the spiritual life of the congregants.

She warned that such un-Christianly act of keeping church members out of programmes because of Aso ebi, must never be heard again among the women in the church, adding that those caught would be severely sanctioned.

He stated that the concept of appearing in compulsory uniformed attire for an occasion started with the world and should not be allowed to take a firm space in the church.

She also frowned on the idea of what is seen as petty lies during Christian wedding engagement, where those conducting such events would have to engage in lies to make money from the attendees.

Pastor Adeboye explained that with God, there is no white or black lie, small or big lie, stating that when attendees are asked to bring air fare to fly in, an item already provided for at the event venue, those involved are simply engaging in ungodly act which is a sin.

She called for moderation among Christian women, saying that their focus should be bringing halleluyah and spirituality into their homes and not engaging in the ungodly acts of the unbelievers.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by fortunechy(m): 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2017
thank God I didn't read this
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by omowhyou(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
0b100100111:
The point is that in as much as it's to allow the low income earners to participate at such function, then same should apply to Redeemers University. School fees should be slashed to also accommodate low income earners

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

No be the poor money them use to build those school? plus tithe abeg.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Neot77(m): 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
Pastor Adeboye didn't ban the use of Aso ebi ,he was talking about the use of aso ebi in church programs. There are so many group program in rccg which the use of aso ebi is common and will not allow those that doesn't have money to buy participate in the program. That is why he said the use of aso ebi in rccg program is not allow.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by Myself2(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
Come this little rat wey dem call freeze we don tire for your rubbish talk so na to beat you small

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by ssogundele(m): 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
Oyindidi:
She advised us her children not some rapid dog
You mean rabid dog? How often we come to the inordinate defense of these so called GOM? He just a simple question as to what constitute a godly wedding? But you're there calling him a rabid dog! How easy for you to forget the admonition given by Jesus Christ about we calling our brother fool? He said such individual is condemned. So using derogatory words on a fellow human
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by snowblaq(f): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
ibkkk:
Well,i see nothing ungodly with aso ebi.

I'm sure Freeze as well as most people didn't bother to read the whole statement that Adeboye's wife made... Nobody said aso ebi is ungodly... She only said that making aso ebi compulsory... Especially for the church programs isnt going to be allowed... Cos some people make it compulsory despite that some other people cannot afford it... And they would now exclude those who cldnt afford it from the events... Thats what she said was ungodly... Not aso ebi in itself.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by snowblaq(f): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
SouthwestNigga:
The reason for banning this Aso ebi by RCCG is what I don't understand. Is it demonic?

I'm sure Freeze as well as most people didn't bother to read the whole statement that Adeboye's wife made... Nobody said aso ebi is ungodly... She only said that making aso ebi compulsory... Especially for the church programs isnt going to be allowed... Cos some people make it compulsory despite that some other people cannot afford it... And they would now exclude those who cldnt afford it from the events... Thats what she said was ungodly... Not aso ebi in itself.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by snowblaq(f): 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
ojimbo:
Why can't there be a platform for arguments and practicals before arriving to conclusion when it comes to Religion. How can one man just stand and be talking out of his mere imagination and expect other intelligent people within to accept his view without praticals and conclusions.
This remind how i was passing along one church within my street and heard the pastor preaching. I just lost control and didn't know when i shouted, its a lie! And the congregation were all looking at me like. "Where did this devil came out from. We rebuke you"

Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by snowblaq(f): 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
adetayo234:
Pentecostal churches can give unbiblical rules and go Scot free; but they will all be acting holier than thou if it is Catholic.

Pentecostal churches aren't better than Catholics in any way.

Nobody is arguing about rules anywhere Mr thread derailer....keep your catholic self and all your carved images to yourself.... Go and read the original statement Adeboye's wife made and why she made it.. Instead of blindly following a stupid argument someone else is making without comprehending..... She said that sale of aso ebi shouldn't be made compulsory because atimes when people cannot afford it.. Those people are excluded from the activity and made to feel bad... So she said it shouldn't be compulsory .....that was what was posted yesterday.. Yet some people cannot read... Always quick to type before reading and comprehending
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by snowblaq(f): 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
geozone:
every organisation clamouring to colonise an aspect of an individuals life. What nonsense!

The nonsense is thinking anybody is out to colonise any aspect of anybody's life.... Go back to yesterday's post and read and understand the reason for the statement made by the church... Don't just read headlines.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by snowblaq(f): 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
pweetiedee:

He should ban seductive dressing, not aso ebi.

Aso ebi is traditional. Aso ebi is part of our culture. It makes the wedding beautiful and colorful.

It isn't by force to wed in redeem, there are other churches, there are courts too.

Obey Gods commandment, not pastors doctrines.

Wetin concern God with Aso ebi. Its indecent dressing that he doesn't like.

Obviously you didn't read through that statement... Nobody banned aso ebi....
Making aso ebi compulsory for even those that cannot afford it.. Was what was banned... The practice of making it a must to wear aso ebi especially for church events is not right... Because atimes those that cannot afford it are treated differently and most times even looked down on or excluded from the events.
..na wa o... .people just read headlines and feel they have read the whole statement.
Re: Daddy Freeze Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Aso Ebi & Ungodly Wedding Engagement Ban by astOorR(m): 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
ojimbo:
Why can't there be a platform for arguments and practicals before arriving to conclusion when it comes to Religion. How can one man just stand and be talking out of his mere imagination and expect other intelligent people within to accept his view without praticals and conclusions.
This remind how i was passing along one church within my street and heard the pastor preaching. I just lost control and didn't know when i shouted, its a lie! And the congregation were all looking at me like. "Where did this devil came out from. We rebuke you"

and you just lied again.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yvonne Jegede Calls Yvonne Nelson An Attention Seeker On Twitter / Moji Olaiya Meets Ooni Of Ogunwusi At His Palace / Peace Hyde Covers Nu People Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.