Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide (16547 Views)

Ijaws Are The Smallest Minorities In The South [FACTS ONLY] / Ijaws Are Ogogoro Sellers Who Migrated From Bayelsa - Dan Owegie, APC Chieftain / Asari Dokubo Arrives Ijaw Youth Council Election With His Squad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by SenatorM(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
Yyeske:
If a group of ijaw can't speak for their people, are you, a non ijaw qualified?

Same way YOLICOM is speaking for the Yoroobas

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Dancos: 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
tarryT:
Is anybody expecting IYC to say anything else. ... ? MEND is the true representatives of the Izon man. All those anti-Biafrans dancing azonto will know the real beat of the music in due time. .. Proudly Izon man,..100% Biafran.
I am proud of you my brother. We ibibios are biafrans.
Nnamdi Kalu is a messenger from God to liberate the children of God from slavery from the egyptians. Just like Jesus, Moses, David etc.
Every biafran and niger deltan is a slave in nigeria?. Weather you like it or not.
The north has 19 states with large number of local government areas.
Kano state has 44 local government created by the military govt and bayelsa state has 8 local government. Based on the sharing formula of federal revenue. If kano state gets 44 billion with no contribution from the state to the federation account. Bayelsa state gets 8 billion contributing 99% of her natural resources to the federation account. The question is who is fooling who?, monkey dey work baboon dey chop. Niger delta, izon, iyor, ijaw or what ever is your name wake up una mumu don do. Good morning
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by excel4us: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
Time will TELL
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
SenatorM:

Are you more Ijaw than Ateke Tom, Asari Dokubo, Tom Polo?

You are not speaking for the Ijaw people.
But Ateke has never been pro Biafra LOL...

Is there another Ateke again?

NB: He's my kinsman, same clan, same Polo and same Biri

5 Likes

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by enemybulldozer(m): 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2017
sixtuschimere:
   Worried by several malicious and thought provoking attempts and by pro-Biafra groups like the Movement for the Actualisation of a Sovereign State Of Biafra (MOASSOB) and the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to include Ijaw territories in the maps of Biafra without proper consultations and consent of the Ijaw ethnic nationality.

The Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) Worldwide has distant itself and the Ijaw nation from that fictitious map claiming Ijaw territories as been part of Biafra for there was never a time we were Biafrans. The Old Eastern region was also a contraption that so much enslaved the Ijaw people that was created by those who created this miscarriage of a State called Nigerian.
It should be noted that the Ijaws are not in any way against the genuine aspirations of all peoples including the IPOB to attain self determination or secession as the case may be.

Ijaws are a distinct ethnic nation even before the 1914 amalgamation that has its own dreams, wishes and aspirations that should not be submerged as footnotes in any other people’s struggle.
We Ijaw people are not Biafrans. Therefore if or when any Ijaw person or group feel a sense of allegiance to Biafra and speak in its favour, let it be known that such statements are the personal opinions of such persons, which does not reflect the thoughts, views and wishes of the entire Ijaw Nation and the Niger Delta
people.

The Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) Worldwide through the National Spokesman Daniel Williams  Dasimaka issued this strict warning to all the overzealous and misinformed IPOB members to desist from insulting our respected Elders and critical stakeholders especially our mother in the Niger Delta Madam Annkio Briggs who have dedicated so much of her life, time, resources and energy for the past 19 years agitating for the economic and the environmental freedom of the people of Niger Delta. The drivers of IPOB should therefore call their followers to order for such act of bigotry will no longer be tolerated from any body or group of persons.

For the records, the Ijaw struggle for Self-Determination predates the Biafra agitation. It is a known historical fact that a year before the world got to hear of the term Biafra Republic, Ijaws led by late Major Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro of blessed memory declared a Niger Delta Republic in pursuit of the emancipation of the Niger Delta people which the progenitor of Biafran Late Col Ojukwu of blessed memory fought against as the then Governor of the Old Eastern region when the going was going good with him in the Nigerian State.
It is also on record that a year before MOASSOB was founded; the IYC through the Kaiama Declaration affirmed ‘our commitment to joint struggle with the other ethnic nationalities in the Niger delta area for self-determination.

We expressed our solidarity with all peoples organisations and ethnic nationalities in Nigeria and elsewhere who are struggling for self-determination and justice. In particular IPOB,   the struggle of the Oodua peoples Congress (OPC), the Movement for the Survival of Ogoni People (Mosop), Egi Women's Movement etc.’ Thus our struggle cannot be submerged into the Biafra agitation that came after ours.

Our position has not changed. We Ijaws stand for self determination in the  Nigerian federation. We stand for the convocation of a Sovereign National Conference of equally represented ethnic nationalities to discuss the nature of a democratic federation of Nigerian ethic nationalities or a Referendum to decide our future in this amalgamated marriage.
As our founding fathers noted in 1998, ‘but for the economic interests of the imperialists, the Ijaw ethnic nationality would have evolved as a distinct and separate sovereign nation, enjoying undiluted political, economic, social, and cultural AUTONOMY’. Thus we call on our Biafran brothers to respect our identity. Any attempt to lump Ijaws into Biafra without the genuine consent of Ijaws is not only an insult but a futile attempt at replicating the oppression in Nigeria Biafians claim to resist.
Signed
Daniel Dasimaka
Spokesman, Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) Worldwide

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/08/ijaws-are-not-biafrans-iyc.html?m=1

Another paid group on the loose grin grin grin
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by bamite(m): 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2017
Yyeske:
Ikechukwu, I know say this news pain you
The thing too pain the ikechuob miscreant wella grin

4 Likes

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by tsdarkside(m): 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
rusher14:

Who created the old eastern region?

niegrian politicians...
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by ocelot2006(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
Beress:
"We South South" crew at it again

Old Eastern Region we know!

South South we don't know!!

The old Eastern Region NO LONGER EXIST!!
Stop the by-force-attachment!!

5 Likes

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Amberon11: 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
Attaché syndrome. There are six regions in Nigeria. Our region is the south south, deal with it.
Beress:
"We South South" crew at it again

Old Eastern Region we know!

South South we don't know!!

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Amberon11: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
What's worse is that they'll blame it all on the yorubas. IYC just denounced them but no they're not directing their anger towards the ijaws but to the yorubas. Lmao!
ProWalker:

Igbos have been doing this present nonsense they are doing for a long time. Anytime they are having it good in Nigeria, things would be fine, once they lose out, they will start disturbing the nation with biafra noise.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by laudate: 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
hornyofife:
yes they are not but their ancestor were.
Do you realise that you contradicted yourself with that screenshot? That was just a trade agreement signed in the presence of the British Consul. It was not an agreement pledging their loyalty or territories to an Igbo ruler. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Amberon11: 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
Seconded.
sukkot:
finally an igbo man admits yoruba run thangs up in here

and let it be known, we join hands with our delta and ijaw brothers in unity side by side. after-all obasanjo put jonathan the ijaw man in power. so ijaw and delta and yoruba is one accord. we shall not let the igbo man divide us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
SenatorM:

Are you more Ijaw than Ateke Tom, Asari Dokubo, Tom Polo?

You are not speaking for the Ijaw people.
Why do you insist on grabbing the lands of people who have clearly rejected you? The Asari that you make mention of can he chart the course of the Ijaw nation more than the legitimate cultural group of the ijaw people? Dont put ijaw in your Biafra plans cos they want none of it

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Tiffbuxas: 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
hornyofife:
All i see from these IYC is igbophobia...Ijaw is not Igbo but they are Biafrans
Oga check your world map bight of Biafrans is an area around the guinea Gulf not referring to biafra as a people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bight_of_Biafra

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by obyrich(m): 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
successmatters:

When I saw the mixture of ogogoro, schnapps and can gulder and Guinness on the table, I knew it was alcohol speaking on behalf of ijaws. TonyeBarcanista was there.
Savage! grin
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Yyeske(m): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
bamite:
The thing too pain the ikechuob miscreant wella grin
No be small thing o
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by obyrich(m): 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
Amberon11:
Attaché syndrome. There are six regions in Nigeria. Our region is the south south, deal with it.
South South is only found in Nigeria geography. grin. Niger Delta is more sensible than SS. Oga renounce the name.
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Adebowale89(m): 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
when I was young, I do called Delta and any non Yoruba Igbo even though I could easily identify Hausas then but growing up, I discovered ijaw are quite differ by far from Igbo from culture, custom and marriage rites

Biafra should agitate for their country carefully and encourage your so called brothers to get theirs too. why lobby to have them inside u if you truly love them

Niger Delta republic I support in million folds because most of the community where oil are discovered and being drilled are always enriched, is only Nigeria that's different, this made me to know things aren't working well in this country

ijaw should open their eyes, if east truly love u guys, they should advise u guys to clamour and agitate for your own country not to lobby joining them

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by obyrich(m): 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2017
Dancos:

I am proud of you my brother. We ibibios are biafrans.
Nnamdi Kalu is a messenger from God to liberate the children of God from slavery from the egyptians. Just like Jesus, Moses, David etc.
Every biafran and niger deltan is a slave in nigeria?. Weather you like it or not.
The north has 19 states with large number of local government areas.
Kano state has 44 local government created by the military govt and bayelsa state has 8 local government. Based on the sharing formula of federal revenue. If kano state gets 44 billion with no contribution from the state to the federation account. Bayelsa state gets 8 billion contributing 99% of her natural resources to the federation account. The question is who is fooling who?, monkey dey work baboon dey chop. Niger delta, izon, iyor, ijaw or what ever is your name wake up una mumu don do. Good morning
I laugh at the greedy imbeciles who strut around on social media platforms claiming to be from South South (whatever that means).

Nigeria was formed by the amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates of the British Empire. Up till today, the Northern group are still united under the 19 Northern States assembly while the Southern group are split along ethnic lines.

This divide and rule formula was a veritable tool of perpetual enslavement bequeathed the North by the British to maintain leadership over us. It is fuelled by greed and avarice for power. It will in the end destroy everyone.

You can never hear the Yoruba media warriors here protesting against annexation of Kwara by the North but if they hear Obigbo or Etche people declaring support for Biafra, even though these people do not deny their Igbo heritage, you see them fighting like a lion baulked of its prey.

These 'We South South' chanters will understand the game when Oil either dries up or becomes valueless.
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by LorDBolton(m): 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
Chef2000:
Like Nnamdi Kanu pointed out, "After Biafra Independence any group that want to option out,can do so without a war"
So any true Ijaw son should join hand and liberate their people from slavery.

Laughable... See scam , why after? Why not before??

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by laudate: 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
obyrich:
I laugh at the greedy imbeciles who strut around on social media platforms claiming to be from South South (whatever that means).

Nigeria was formed by the amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates of the British Empire. Up till today, the Northern group are still united under the 19 Northern States assembly while the Southern group are split along ethnic lines.

This divide and rule formula was a veritable tool of perpetual enslavement bequeathed the North by the British to maintain leadership over us. It is fuelled by greed and avarice for power. It will in the end destroy everyone.

You can never hear the Yoruba media warriors here protesting against annexation of Kwara by the North but if they hear Obigbo or Etche people declaring support for Biafra, even though these people do not deny their Igbo heritage, you see them fighting like a lion baulked of its prey.

These 'We South South' chanters will understand the game when Oil either dries up or becomes valueless.

Until the time the oil dries up, stop taking panadol for the problems of the South-South. sad Let them sort them selves out. No be by force....

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by NeeKlaus: 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
I stand with one NIGERIA. "proudly urhobo.
Hey Bro, I saw your posts about that Illuminati ish.. and you can't post it here. I need that knowledge out of curiosity. Do I DM you or you DM me? smiley
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
NeeKlaus:

Hey Bro, I saw your posts about that Illuminati ish.. and you can't post it here. I need that knowledge out of curiosity. Do I DM you or you DM me? smiley
hmmm bro there are things that are better left unsaid. "dnt know how ure going to react to the info that i have, so its better you just focus on your life like every other human and leave the knowledge to people like putin and trump.
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by NeeKlaus: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
hmmm bro there are things that are better left unsaid. "dnt know how ure going to react to the info that i have, so its better you just focus on your life like every other human and leave the knowledge to people like putin and trump.
So, what are you saying?? it's going to mess with my mind? grin
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
NeeKlaus:

So, what are you saying?? it's going to mess with my mind? grin
YES, yes and yes. its a big yes.
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by NeeKlaus: 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
YES, yes and yes. its a big yes.
Alright, I will tame my curiosity. How did you come up with such info? You have had an encounter with them before or what?
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
NeeKlaus:

Alright, I will tame my curiosity. How did you come up with such info? You have had an encounter with them before or what?
I had an encounter with a member in ughelli north in delta state, a pastor per say. "after then, i was invited to a secret facebook group. a group that you cant find, strictly by secret invitation. "the group is all about unmasking their plans, dates and all events. which are absolutely correct.
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by obyrich(m): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
laudate:

Until the time the oil dries up, stop taking panadol for the problems of the South-South. sad Let them sort them selves out. No be by force....
Nothing like South-South. Stop the mockery.
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by NSK4U(m): 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
ok, we've heard you and u people have made your point. next news plz??

meanwhile,

Do your Registration and Training for all INTERNATIONAL EXAMS including TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT1, GRE, PTE, SAT2. @

GLOBAL VISION INTERNATIONAL
EDUCATION & TRAVELS.

We accept ZERO DEPOSIT { ie Get your VISA to America, Canada, France, UK, etc from us before you pay} from our clients that wish to go on vacation, work, or visit any of the aforementioned countries and more. for further info, call/whatsap us via 08145705687.
Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by pazienza(m): 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2017
cumbak60:

Nnamdi Kanu cannot get us Biafra. His mouth has already crashed the project even before it started. Iwe ne wem. angry
How such charismatic and energetic young man lacks tact and diplomacy baffles me. He created an opportunity and at the same time destroyed it with his own hands.
His tongue is like a loose canon that fires in all direction without control, destroying both foes and friends alike. I'm honestly pained. cry

What tact exactly do you speak of?

I think adding groups like Ijaw and the rest in the Biafra project at this moment, is a big error, especially when we are yet to even finish the unification of Igbo speaking people.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by laudate: 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
obyrich:
Nothing like South-South. Stop the mockery.

South-South exists! Stop the tomfoolery.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Are Not Biafrans - Ijaw Youth Council Worldwide by obyrich(m): 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
laudate:

South-South exists! Stop the tomfoolery.
Where does it exist, wiseman? Why did you not make Lagos 'West West or Sokoto North-North, Mr Wise? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Alhassan Receives 50,000 APC Defectors Into Taraba UDP / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: The Ominous Dangers Of An Atiku Presidency / Reno Omokri: Obidients Are More Suited For Terrorism Than Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.