Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

My Experience With HIV Testing Today. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience With HIV Testing Today. (61577 Views)

‘despite 9M Pregnant Nigerian Women, Only 2.4M Gets HIV Testing’ / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV / HIV Testing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Koval12(m): 11:07am On Aug 14, 2017
It's been a torturous three months. After having sex with my Girlfriend, I started doubting her fidelity to me. She has cheated on me beforehand and I suspected she was still cheating on me based on the proves and information at my disposal.

Within the same period, I started feeling weak and consumed in thoughts. So I finally made up my mind to go and check my status. As early as 8 am this morning, I was already at the HIV counselling and testing unit of Lagos state general Hospital. As usual the lady there sat me down and started counselling me. It was the longest 30mins of my life. After which my result came out negative..

God's faithful indeed. I was so excited and reached my pocket and gave the lady 1000. I quickly zoomed out of the the hospital and proceeded to a nearby lab which also confirmed my negative status.

I have already made a commitment never to have sex again till I am married. It's a covenant between me and my God. I enjoin you all to summon up courage and get tested today. If positive, enroll for ARV therapy as early treatment prolongs patients life expectancy. If negative, please stay off pre marital sex or remain faithful to your partner. I wish you the best as you summon up courage to get tested today.

539 Likes 32 Shares

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by sinaj(f): 11:18am On Aug 14, 2017
Don't forget to go back in 3months for final confirmation wink

I hope konji will allow you stick to your promise tongue

503 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Nwodosis(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2017
The brain understands this your sermon perfectly but those idiots in between the legs will never do when attacked by Konji. Konjism is a Momentarily Brain Immune Deficiency Syndrome, it renders the brain momentarily incapable of controlling the desire of the genitals!

378 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Koval12(m): 11:23am On Aug 14, 2017
sinaj:
Don't forget to go back in 3months for final confirmation wink

I hope konji will allow you stick to your promise tongue
Sure, I will do just that.

28 Likes

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Koval12(m): 11:25am On Aug 14, 2017
Nwodosis:
The brain understands this your sermon perfectly but those idiots in between the legs will never do.
my heart reach out to those battling the infection. I sincerely wish them the best and plead with them never to joke with their medication.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Koval12(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2017
Admins should kindly push this message to front page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by TheHistorian(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Considering the alarming multiplication of STD's among young ladies of Nigerians today.I'd be more than stupid and extremely asinine to have sex without the usage of protection.

I even look at some gullible dudes and ladies who boasts of a faithful partner they are unmarried to..Like WTF!?...No one is to be trusted,even married couples cheat just to satisfy fantasies.

And..before You all rush like a Baboon on Steroid to attack my post.I know protection is not 100% secure but that shouldnt overshadow its importance in any sexual relationship.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by TINALETC3(f): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
undecided Op, Dats a nice decision,d same argument I jst had wt some colleagues, "some women" ar so dumb, d only language dey understand now is 2 sleep around 4 money, especially wt married men, I repeat "some women" ar jst 2 dumb angry angry

25 Likes

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by muller101(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
angry Op so u are scared of making POSITIVE impact in ur life including ur HIV status?

17 Likes

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Me: If my result comes out as negative, I'd never have unprotected sex again

Sex:

240 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by myqel(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Lol, I know how you feel bro as I had the same experience some years back...thank God my HIV test result was negative, that alone changed my mind on sex....now I'm in a platonic relationship cos I can't let any 5mins enjoyment ruin my future...thank you all for reading my testimony wink cheesy grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by djemillionia: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
OP WHY BRING GOD INTO THIS MATTER NOW.

nIGERIANS SEF. MTCHEEW

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by czarina(f): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
That was a close shave.... Glad you learnt

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Kraspo(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
I remember back in 2015 in Kano state. I met an Akwa Ibom girl in the office where I was working while I was waiting for NYSC. She was a co-worker and along the line we started having casual sex even when I knew she was having a bohfriend. For some unknown reasons, this girl hated condoms and each time I brought it out she would frown and complain that I am indirectly calling her a slut. But one way or the other, I will still find my way and enter the place with my condom.

One fateful evening we were together on the bed and about to have sex, I checked my drawer and realised there was no condom. Gosh! I was already having a strong erection, she noticed there was no condom and she immediately started caressing my groin and put it in her mouth. She begged me to make love to her like that. That she wanted to feel the real me. I couldn't hold my groin that was already craving an orgasm. I fell for it and indeed the sex was mind-blowing.

Fast forward to 3 weeks later, I started noticing changes in my body. I was losing appetite and weight. My groin started iching me somehow and I was having bowel issues. Gosh! I was terrified. I googled symptoms of HIV and funny enough it appeared that some of the symptoms were already manifesting.

The next day, I went for ARV screening and thankfully the test was negative. I ended the affair immediately and promised God never to have sex again till marriage. I had been celibate ever since 2015 not until last month when I met one beautiful girl in Asaba. God forgive me!

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by 2017IMUSTWORK: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ok
Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by PehaKaso: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
grin
Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
*Sunday service in church*

Pastor: Everything you lay hands upon this week will be positive

Op/Koval12:

84 Likes

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Alitair(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
So how will you be poking something if the need arises?
Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by lathrowinger: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hhhmmm.... this Hiv something Na God ooo... na God dey protect. Na person wey u nor expect dey get am. Stop fucking my people. That's just the cure

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Just a matter of time.
Meanwhile, I don't even know why people always feel so excited when their HIV results come out negative. There are still other diseases out there. Gonorrhea is becoming untreatable, herpes in incurable and almsot as bad as AIDS. So oga, before you'll go and do thanksgiving in church, first go and do a comprehensive STD test. If all comes back negative, then you are free to jump for joy.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Okoyiboz3: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Omo, that test no easy o!

The 30 mins between when the blood sample is taken and when the result is given is like eternity. Your whole life would flash right before you.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by DeepSight(m): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Koval12:

I have already made a commitment never to have sex again till I am married.

For a man, this is a fooolish commitment.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Mac2016(m): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Pls recheck in the next three and six months

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by lycan2: 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
guy check again after three months mayb e never show e head if person infect u today e no go show sharp sharp no happy yet grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by wunmi590(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
G
Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by rottennaija(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
Don't be too happy, test back in 3 months time
Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by localblood(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
grin grin
Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by Koval12(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
czarina:
That was a close shave.... Glad you learnt
am telling you. I can't subject myself to such tension again. Never...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by t12tosin: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
Haaa

What happened to using a condom?

That was why a person I knw landed in trouble cuz he's shy to buy CD

1 Like

Re: My Experience With HIV Testing Today. by queenfav(f): 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hahahaha.. Your decision is like new year's resolution,you and I know it won't last. We have all been there,it's what i call "post HIV test repentance"! Don't forget to come back in 6 months time to tell us how far eh.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kano COVID-19 Patients Hold Doctors And Nurse Hostage / Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out / 103-Year-Old US Grand Mother Celebrates Recovery From COVID-19 By Drinking Beer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.