Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani (22320 Views)

HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination / UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) / ASUU Strike: Why FG Will Not Meet Lecturers’ Demands – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by dammy13(m): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2017
​The Senator representing Kaduna Central constituency at the National Assembly, Shehu Sani has thrown his weight behind the commencement of the indefinite nationwide industrial action by members of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.

Shehu, who took to his Facebook page, on Monday urged the executive to meet up with the demands of the body.

He wrote: “First, I wholeheartedly support ASUU strike. Secondly, I call on the executive to dialogue and meet up the demands of the Union.

“Thirdly, the need to declare emergency on the state of public universities, polytechnic and colleges of education is now.”

DAILY POST had earlier reported that ASUU’s national President, Dr. Biodun Ogunyemi, had during a meeting of the National Executive Council of ASUU in Abuja announced the commencement of a nationwide industrial action.

Ogunyemi said that during the strike, there shall be no teaching, no examination and no attendance of statutory meetings of any kind in any of the union branches across the country.

http://fabinfos.com/ASUU-strike-support-industrial-action-senator-shehu-sani/

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by GloriaNinja(f): 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
undecided EVERYTHING ABOUT NIGERIA IS STRIKE, EVEN YOUR CURRENT PRESIDENT BUHARI IS ON STRIKE.

18 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by PehaKaso: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
cool

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Mac2016(m): 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
ASUU was on strike for more than 24 months during my UG years...When will all these nonsense stop?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by ajosegabriel(m): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ok I've heard you.
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Emily22(m): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
Like play....class 17 go turn class 18.....

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
Naso. The government and ASUU guys have their wards in unilorin, private uni or abroad. So they wont feel the impact. If u do not want ur unborn kids to curse u. Go born dem abroad abeg

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Charlesdock(m): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
Nigeria and strike is like five and six.
Propagandas everywhere. They will soon come out and say they are ready to pay now...... sebi na Naija.
let us keep deceiving ourselves until.......

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Narldon: 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Someone said ASUU is a better striker than Morata grin grin grin

Let's settle this..

Who is the better STRIKER?

LIKE for ASUU

SHARE for MORATA

grin

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Nackzy: 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
Buhari...Heavenly father is dh for you....shey u say u can finish this match?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Lawalemi(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
We need genuine activists to keep the government on her toe by aligning with the masses.

The likes of Soyinka, Falana have sold out their souls to oppressors

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Onozboy(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
hmmmm
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by frubben(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
Student should better start looking for work
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
Bad news for the students

In other news, please epp my writing career cry sad and vote my story by liking and sharing it here https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/3#59436045

Thanks in advance kiss
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
Someone said ASUU is a better striker than Morata grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by wisenewgem(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
Not again. .
Their children don't school in Nigeria.
I weep for My country

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by miqos02(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
hmmm
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
How do I post more 10 pictures if I create.a thread. I am a new nairalander, please help.
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
How do I post more 10 pictures if I create a thread. I am a new nairalander, please help.
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Countdown(m): 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
Are there no other way out except industrial action? Most of these people's wards are schooling abroad ooo. It's a pity!
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by dust144(m): 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2017
When we have a striking president, mention what won't go on strike in Nig?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by blackpanda: 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
KzzyKING:
Now am beginning to wonder if this man is for or against Apc.
God help him sha

He is neither for or against. Shehu sani is only interested in evil and destruction. Typical agent of shaitan
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by bakry86: 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by abfalkolly(m): 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
dammy13:
​The Senator representing Kaduna Central constituency at the National Assembly, Shehu Sani has thrown his weight behind the commencement of the indefinite nationwide industrial action by members of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.

Shehu, who took to his Facebook page, on Monday urged the executive to meet up with the demands of the body.

He wrote: “First, I wholeheartedly support ASUU strike. Secondly, I call on the executive to dialogue and meet up the demands of the Union.

“Thirdly, the need to declare emergency on the state of public universities, polytechnic and colleges of education is now.”

DAILY POST had earlier reported that ASUU’s national President, Dr. Biodun Ogunyemi, had during a meeting of the National Executive Council of ASUU in Abuja announced the commencement of a nationwide industrial action.

Ogunyemi said that during the strike, there shall be no teaching, no examination and no attendance of statutory meetings of any kind in any of the union branches across the country.

http://fabinfos.com/ASUU-strike-support-industrial-action-senator-shehu-sani/

Am sure if ur children were to be schooling in Publics schools in Nigeria ,u wuld av thrown ur weight against it...God bless Nigeria
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Ejomax77(m): 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
Mac2016:
ASUU was on strike for more than 24 months during my UG years...When will all these nonsense stop?
more than 24months?
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by OBAGADAFFI: 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
Great, NMA and Medical workers should also go on strike.

Since our government has outsourced everything to foreign Hospitals and Universities.
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Mac2016(m): 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ejomax77:
more than 24months?
yes sir...in combined form

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by queenbetsy(f): 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
finally,a time to learn fashion designing... it might last longer than expected, who knows? tongue

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by bukas15(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
information from a reliable source has it that the strike wil be called off tomorro morning. Legit info
Re: ASUU Strike: Why I Support Industrial Action – Senator Shehu Sani by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
OK......let us borrow the N5 trillion needed for the strike to be averted from IMF pronto....

Or option B...let every Nigerian pay half their salary as taxes to guarantee free education from cradle to grave (Just like they do in Denmark!).

Or let us make universities public private....and spend all the budgeted monies for education on primary and secondary schools.

After all...the reason why ASUU is going on strike is so that you don't have to pay fees as high as N500000

Education is expensive. It is just that illiteracy is more expensive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit / Alphamaximus Wins Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship, 2nd Edition / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.