Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,956 members, 7,799,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! (40662 Views)

ADVICE ON WHICH PHONE TO CHOOSE... Redmi OR OPPO / If U You Were Given An Opportunity To Choose Any Phone ( Which Will You Choose) / How To Choose A Smartphone That Is Smart For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
henry007:

You should be dying to get rid of your s6 edge, the battery wasn't enough from the get go & has probably swindled even further over the years(unless you bought it new in 2016), 3-4 hours of blazing fast gaming or heavy use before needing to charge isn't going to cut it if you're coming from an Infinix Note 3 for example. Also, the glass probably got cracked just by looking at it knowing what we know about samsung phones lol.

Who is checking for V30? If LG fans knew any better they would port to Samsung asap!

About the A5 and A7 being better than the S6 edge and S6, it's not that hard to figure conclude if you use the comparison feature on GSMarena and watch a lot of phone comparison videos between the 2.

Actually, new products aren't always better than old as with the case of cars but old is relative, a year in mobile tech is like 3 years irl so that's something worth considering if the manufacturers themselves stopped manufacturing the device 3 years ago.

You believe everybody uses phones heavily. I bought it when it newly lauched while it was yet to arrive in the shores of Nigeria stores. I'm just tired of it and would have switched to the S8 plus if it wasn't for the FPS placement. Did you read the part I said it's cleaner than new?

Comparison videos and benchmarks are bullshits. Why should they switch to Samsung if the V series are upto the task for them?
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by clemmonce(m): 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
chymes0359:

some people buy phone and dont ever have to use them..
It's all about economic value here, both financially and battry life...
Tell me what samsung does, that infinix dont.. ?
Please!
It's all about choice..
you asked this question ? I rest my case... no mind for further talk
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by henry007(m): 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
ollah1:

You believe everybody uses phones heavily. I bought it when it newly lauched while it was yet to arrive in the shores of Nigeria stores. I'm just tired of it and would have switched to the S8 plus if it wasn't for the FPS placement. Did you read the part I said it's cleaner than new?

Comparison videos and benchmarks are bullshits. Why should they switch to Samsung if the V series are upto the task for them?

If you're never going to use it for heavy stuff, the s6 would still drain more than the Infinix Note3/4 while offering you a powerful processor that you would never even task. There's no point of breaking your budget to buy a phone that wouldn't give you the most value for your money as a lite user.

Meanwhile, benchmarks may not tell the full story but millions of people watch comparison videos to know which one to get. I'm sure you also read up a lot before you get a new device so how could you call all that bullshit?
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
henry007:

If you're never going to use it for heavy stuff, the s6 would still drain more than the Infinix Note3/4 while offering you a powerful processor that you would never even task. There's no point of breaking your budget to buy a phone that wouldn't give you the most value for your money as a lite user.

Meanwhile, benchmarks may not tell the full story but millions of people watch comparison videos to know which one to get. I'm sure you also read up a lot before you get a new device so how could you call all that bullshit?

I'm not making comparisons and I buy only high end devices. For the records, I'm not a lite user.

I meant to say speedtest video and benchmarks
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by cuedish: 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

Point of corrections tecno, infinix and itel are not Chinese standard please quote me and do a Google research
. Those ones are rubbish that are not allowed to be sold in China due to their low standard of parts

Yes the company that owns them is Chinese but the company doesn't sell those rubbish in China because they are substandard and fall below the Chinese standard

Chinese phones that meet China standard
Xaomi
Oppo
Lenovo
ZTE
Huawei
Redmi

So don't use tecno , infinix and itel to judge Chinese phones these are fake phones

Just when I thought I've said the worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by henry007(m): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
ollah1:

I'm not making comparisons and I buy only high end devices. For the records, I'm not a lite user.

I meant to say speedtest video and benchmarks

If you only buy high end devices and you went from S6 to S8 after 2 years, it seems you're more of the playing it safe with samsung guy.

Lots of people don't have that 230-300K budget for a smartphone and are left with a difficult choice of a scrappy 3-4 year old samsung former flagship and a brand new Infinix flagship or mid-ranger.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by CODEEATER(m): 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Baba, check antutu ratings, OnePlus floor Samsung.

The phones OnePlus makes today are better than what Infinix would make in 10 years time.

Yu no need tell me na...I know already

My point is infinix and Samsung shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same sentence..

If he was using oneplus to shade Sammy it’s acceptable(to a degree)

But not infinix now... dat na insult now
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Maisamari1994: 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
How on earth are you going to compare such China phones with Samsung device...

Battery life is not a phone ..

Perhaps it depends the users need.. .
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
henry007:

If you only buy high end devices and you went from S6 to S8 after 2 years, it seems you're more of the playing it safe with samsung guy.

Lots of people don't have that 230-300K budget for a smartphone and are left with a difficult choice of a scrappy 3-4 year old samsung former flagship and a brand new Infinix flagship or mid-ranger.

It's not about safe playing but about moving on. 3-4 years old Samsung phone aren't scrappy. It all depends on what you want and your budget. It's a choice.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by ycmdng(m): 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
henry007:

With the worst Snapdragon 800 chipset (SD810) in the history of snapdragon, you'd probably be looking for a charger before i get there. Unless you're using exynos then pick a place, let's put both to the test. Might even record it for my YouTube channel.

Bro S6 edge runs on Exynos chipset. Mind you large battery those not mean efficiency. Over and out.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by cjfbn: 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
I bought Samsung J7 from slot today. The fone is barely two months since release. I can tell you that anybody comparing Samsung with infinix is purely naive. Its like comparing Mercedes with Peugeot.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by toyota3(m): 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
most pple here trash-talking infinix phones bought their Samsung phones at a second hand value.. probably uk used phones... the budget of an average Nigerian youth for phones isn't more than 70k so why living above ur means just to impress someone that ur using a Samsung "expensive " phone there by buying condemned uk-used fones with a life span of less than 2 yrs.... i love Samsung fones but due to the situation of things i cant roll out 230k just to buy a fone in this harsh economy... i simply stick to my infinix than purchasing a second hand samsung fone
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by henry007(m): 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2017
cjfbn:
I bought Samsung J7 from slot today. The fone is barely two months since release. I can tell you that anybody comparing Samsung with infinix is purely naive. Its like comparing Mercedes with Peugeot.

How much did you get it and what version, 2015, 2016 or 2017?
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by DAVE5(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
gozzlin:

You like them cos they're pricey? Like seriously!

Surprisingly yes!!!

No b say I dey brag or anything of that sort...

I've always loved expensive gadgets from way back... those days nah pocket money I dey take buy gadgets..but I bin dey do am wit sense sha... so am not one of those who buy stuff n drink garri for one month

And God com bless me, so now I still buy those expensive gadgets very conveniently...

One babe yab me say wen I marry I go calm down cos responsibility go plenty, so right now I have tripped my hustle so dat my wife n children sef go follow me use those kind expensive shît

One of my favorite quote: 'as a man thinketh in his heart so is he'

So if u pray to God for infinix, BABA go bless u with wetin U ask, so I hope for the best, pray for the best, work for the best

Sorry for my plenty write up sha

(LORD FORGIVE ME IF I HAVE ERRED IN MY WORDS)
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by henry007(m): 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
ollah1:

It's not about safe playing but about moving on. 3-4 years old Samsung phone aren't scrappy. It all depends on what you want and your budget. It's a choice.

Something someone has been using for 2-3 years isn't scrappy to you?

Whether it looks cleaner than new or not, what you're getting could very well be scrap in a shiny new case.

I like to think i've passed that stage in life....UK used reminds me of student life. Those days of UK used blackberrys
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by wordsplay(m): 12:02am On Aug 16, 2017
funny thing op dosesnt euen know is that the mediocre infinix phones are only known and used here in Africa, It cnt even stand its fellow 'china phones'. The Only infinix phone that sells outside Africa is the note4 and its overpriced for what it even offers. i would rather compare a Xiaomi Snapdragon device to a samsung than an infinix
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by henry007(m): 1:00am On Aug 16, 2017
wordsplay:
funny thing op dosesnt euen know is that the mediocre infinix phones are only known and used here in Africa, It cnt even stand its fellow 'china phones'. The Only infinix phone that sells outside Africa is the note4 and its overpriced for what it even offers. i would rather compare a Xiaomi Snapdragon device to a samsung than an infinix

What does Samsung offer for the price of the Infinix Note 4 ($145)?

I dare anyone with a $145 brand new phone from Samsung to come on here and tell us their experience with that phone.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by cjfbn: 1:51am On Aug 16, 2017
henry007:

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by cjfbn: 1:52am On Aug 16, 2017
henry007:

launched June 2017.
Bought 110,000
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Ofemmanu1: 3:59am On Aug 16, 2017
stevewheezy:

He yo Man and to whom it may apply,

I have used Samsung galaxy S4 and Tab 2 before and I never really enjoyed them. First it was the battery and one day the S4 refused to turn on again. So i actually don't need you to educate me about Samsung.

Granted, there are good dope devices with Samsung but I am not a fan because of my experience with it!

Additionally, what gives you the impression that Samsung is for "premium high users"? LOL! It is a matter of choice and people should not be judged by the model of phone they use

The post is an opinionated thread... Still, I stick with infinix. Deal with it!

Yo, you bought a chinko version of S4, .i still have a S2 working perfectly well:: your infinix cannot match it.

When it comes to latest Tech, style, beauty, comfort and luxury Samsung is number 1.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by EmmyDe25(m): 10:52am On Aug 16, 2017
henry007:

That's no longer fast charging, that's juju.

Also, if the Infinix Zero 3 was so bad, why did you buy another one?

WAs involved in an accident. Screen got broken, fixed it but started misbehaving. Untop of that, charging port was loosed. can't play with my phone while charging. I got tired.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by kanfixng: 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by kanfixng: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2017
Protect your device....Original Screens are not easily damaged.

Spares parts directly from the OEMs just arrived the Kanfix, a Multi-brand service center at 14 Medical road Ikeja.

Get your device fixed by certified technician and experience excellence.

Whatsapp or call 09027726129

Before stock gets exhausted again.

https://www.nairaland.com/3976749/repair-screens-samsung-galaxys-iphones

https://www.nairaland.com/3901675/resolve-mobile-phones-tablets-laptop

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by henry007(m): 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2017
EmmyDe25:

WAs involved in an accident. Screen got broken, fixed it but started misbehaving. Untop of that, charging port was loosed. can't play with my phone while charging. I got tired.

What i asked was why you got 2 of the same phone. That's a strange habit, i only did that with visafone blackberries.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Oscarpraise(m): 1:02am On Aug 17, 2017
Infinix over Samsung? Hmm, well I have never used an Infinix phone before. Am currently enjoying my Samsung Galaxy and my itel P51. More than enough for me
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by zamanii: 2:07am On Aug 17, 2017
Even infinix themselves won't compare their phones to Samsung. If you argue there's nothing Samsung does that infinix doesn't, it shows you haven't used a Samsung (flagship) phone before. Multi window that infinix Note 4 or is it Note 4 pro is using as it's selling point is on the galaxy s5. A device of 2014, that alone tells you all you need to know
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by henry007(m): 5:37am On Aug 17, 2017
cjfbn:
launched June 2017.
Bought 110,000

do you use snapchat on it. I'm curious to see how far the J series have come for snapchatting. It used to be incredibly dark and grainy.
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Batastramedia: 10:17am On Aug 18, 2017
I don't know why sense is scarce for some people.... Samsung is good brand but it is largely over-hyped! This is the reason why we Nigerians have this mentality of 'if it is not expensive, its not original'. Can we ever change?

Infinix is doing very well in the market and it offers virtually all that Samsung has to offer, really, at reasonable prices. Many of you decide to use samsung over chinese phones simply because you feel "at least, its not a shinko phone".

Some of you are saying using a good Samsung phone is the pinnacle of how to define one who is not poor. How do some of you think?? Does it cost a fortune to buy Samsung devices? (I understand if you say that for Iphones). Some of you here are poor or probably not rich but you have a good samsung phone still. Does it make you any wealthier? Does it change your financial status? Why see someone who uses an Infinix phone as someone who is poor?

Nigeria has a long way to go. We are the reason why our country is this bad - not the Government.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by adeblow(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
Brigance:
It's okay to rope some emotional consolidation around your cheap choice of buy, but overstepping boundaries and comparing some infinix shit with Samsung is just an overboard aberration.
Kai bros u get bad mouth ooh grin grin grin
You almost made me smash my infinix smart on the floor
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Ikenna792(m): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
henry007:

Galaxy S2, Note 3....you don't like fingerprint technology?

grin
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Xtianvic(m): 9:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
prettyboi1989:
how many samsung phones can survive a hard fall that you all are here shouting quality? so its okay for a quality device to have a bleeding screen when it falls? smh
what do you think corning gorilla glass does? Pls go and learn. Someone said reading can seriosly damage your ignorance
Re: Why You Need To Choose Infinix Over Samsung! by Xtianvic(m): 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
successman100:
SAMSUNG that cannot think for themselves. they only copy iPhone jobs. INFINIX might not be the best, but they are operating on their on Ideas, their own brain child. unlike samsung that keep copying other brands like iPhone products here and there. samsung have no idea or styles of their own. Empty head south-chorea. Samsung is an empty drum with big mouth and noise. Samsung is like a BMW with a GOLF Engine inside. i.e, big respect, poor performance. the only phone that burn houses or pillows is samsung. Samsung is a thing for the Looters who doesnt know what to do with stolen money. Sam Effcc ........
could you tell me one area samsung copied iphone

pls is the SD 835 a golf engine. Kndly google this processor. This processor has a clock speed of 2.45 GHZ while you note 4 runs on a mediocre chipset with speed clock of 1.3 GHZ. Now you can imagine how slow you infinix is compared to hte samsung. Infinix wouldnt tell how poor their specs are, they would rather deceive you with the battery capacity like "Oh my gosh! Get this infinx phone with 10,000 mah battery"

i was a hardcore infinix fan. Bought the note 2 but lost of on its 8 month then bought the galaxy S3. As old as the S3 probably a phone of 2013, it blew my mind.

Lastly, in the future when your eyes must have been opened, you will look back and realise how you embarassed yourself with this post. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HUAWEI Y9 2019 Official Discussion Thread / Get 5 TIMES Credit On Every Recharge Instantly On Glo BIIIG 5 Promo / Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.