Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? (2379 Views)

My Boss Hates Me For Dating Her Niece. / Why Guys Go For Calabar Girls For Dating? / Can You Blame Her For Dating A Married Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by yemstrad(f): 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2005
Office, Club, Church, Internet,School; which is the appropriate to seek a lover?

I have gone through so many threads in the forum (Romance) and have seen a lot of reservations on the most popular phenomenon in live i.e. LOVE.

Based on those reservations, I have a problem as to the appropriate place to seek a lover and I want the experienced ones in the house to share this problem with me.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by IAH(f): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2005
Anywhere, man. ANYWHERE! Although I have this uneasy feeling about that Internet one. I'm not exactly comfortable with it.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by yemstrad(f): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2005
IAH:

Anywhere, man. ANYWHERE! Although I have this uneasy feeling about that Internet one. I'm not exactly comfortable with it.

But to some, trying to seek a lover in the church is a taboo while to some other ones, to have a lover in the office is unethical. now u've added that of Internet.

The question is still, where is the appropriate place to seek a lover. I'm waiting o 'cos i'm confused.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by IAH(f): 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2005
That church one is no taboo at all. Infact, that's where the greatest number of couples are being matched these days! When you see single ladies and guys facing church seriously, na mainly because of life-partner o!
That office one, if you truly truly love the girl and it's not just to "sleep with her" like you said in that your thread, then there's nothing wrong with that too.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by yemstrad(f): 11:40am On Dec 19, 2005
IAH:

That church one is no taboo at all. Infact, that's where the greatest number of couples are being matched these days! When you see single ladies and guys facing church seriously, na mainly because of life-partner o!
That office one, if you truly truly love the girl and it's not just to "sleep with her" like you said in that your thread, then there's nothing wrong with that too.

My sister, this much is ur opinion. When a guy makes a move at a lady he love in the church, it is taken that the guy is practising immoralty of going against the bible as people believe the church is meant for worhip somehow... somehow. This is the general belief.

Also, u'll agree with me that people in this part of the world still see u as the unserious type when u try to find a lover thru internet. Infact, that was exactly the fate of guy who placed a thread here on NL (Romance) seeking a lover.

Different people, different stroke. the question again is, where is the appropriate place to seek a lover that will be free of immorality tag/insinuation.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by rilla64: 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2005
School
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by rilla64: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2005
School
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by yemstrad(f): 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2005
rilla64:

School

Me 2 see no problem with that of school, but to some people; u should rather face ur studies than to start dating the opposite sex.

Infact, some believe education and love affair cannot go together without the latter affecting your performance on the former. Again, the gut that placed a thread here seeking a LOVER was told point blank by most members to first face his studies and become "Mr. Somebody" before he can even dream of anything love.

So this question has not been answered.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by otokx(m): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2005
i don't know
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by IAH(f): 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2005
Yemstrad, since you have disqualified every place suggested, where else do you want us to mention? Ok, Hell is the best place.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by snazzydawn(f): 8:01pm On Dec 19, 2005
Well,love is everywhere,whether school,church,club,market,internet.....you never know where cupid will strike you at!!!
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by mide2(f): 12:31am On Dec 20, 2005
snazzydawn:

Well,love is everywhere,whether school,church,club,market,internet.you never know where cupid will strike you at!!!
You can find love anywhere, anytime, and anyhow.....there is no rules or boundaries for LOVE.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by yemstrad(f): 9:55am On Dec 20, 2005
IAH:

Yemstrad, since you have disqualified every place suggested, where else do you want us to mention? Ok, Hell is the best place.

Yes Aunty, that is exactly the problem 'cos people will have one reservation or the other about the appropriateness of where u try to start dating. This problem is more prevalent in African.

Hell is the home of fire (as we were made to understand) and not for dating.

mide2:

You can find love anywhere, anytime, and anyhow.there is no rules or boundaries for LOVE.

So if love is everywhere and there are no rules as to how u date the opposite sex, why then do we scold someone for placing AD on the internet seeking a lover?

Why will a Pastor forbid lover/lover relationship among the church choir thereby forcing them to do it secretly?

Why should a white garment pastor/evangelist who impregnated a church member be crucified or vilified?

The Yorubas and probably some other tribes place high premium on the way and manner u found ur partner and that is why the addage "Iyawo ti a fi Ijo fe, Iran ni o man wo lo" .... meaning..."The wife you found in a party, will surely not last". This is the extent of the discord for dating at parties / owanbe functions.

Some in this forum called me Agbaya (good for nothing person) when i said my Secretary in the office is the right person for me. Why? Because it is office.

Inspite of all these reservations, we still engage in the game of love. Could it be that we do what we preached against or what is the problem? In-fact, i don't just know. i'm finished already.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by mide2(f): 1:39am On Dec 21, 2005
pple might crucify you for finding love in places they think are inapropriate but that doesn't make it bad. Once they see ur love thrives, they change their tune. I still maintain Love can be found anywhere......so far it's mutual and u'r not using ur position to force ur emotional feelings on anyone.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by MrInfo1(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2008
My brother, love is everywhere, all you need is confidence wink
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by lonelypal(m): 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2008
mide2:

people might crucify you for finding love in places they think are inapropriate but that doesn't make it bad. Once they see your love thrives, they change their tune. I still maintain Love can be found anywhere, so far it's mutual and u'r not using your position to force your emotional feelings on anyone.

seconded!
Love is everywhere but the problem is how to find it? cool
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by kufreabasi(m): 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2008
anywhere,any place anyhow you can date, but must be careful
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by busygirl(f): 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2008
hmmm, internet undecided undecided undecidedi'm not really sure about that. . . .apart from that you can basically find love anywhere
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by loisamy: 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2008
please, dont try to date someone you meet in church. The church this days is full of pretenders and it will hurt you to find out some things about the person later. one thing is you can meet you spouse anywhere God has destined you to meet the person but the church Stuff be careful. g/luck.
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by MrInfo1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2008
Even at the bustop or inside molue,  tongue love is everywhere jare  cheesy

@ busygirl

Maybe u haven't been clickn the right links grin
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2008
FARM! kiss
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by MrInfo1(m): 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2008
@ ibkaye

I can hook you up na cool why farm ? FFO  cheesy (For Food Only)
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2008
infobaba:

@ ibkaye

I can hook you up na cool why farm ? FFO cheesy (For Food Only)
see this one tongue
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by karlken(m): 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2008
True love died in 1806 and was buried accoding to tradition almost immediately! Why then are you guys still looking for it? sad sad
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by ixzdore: 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2008
find it in www.wetindey.net
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by chamotex(m): 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2008
ibkaye:

FARM! kiss

what is it with u and farm?

u get farm abi u dey run poultry? grin grin grin grin
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2008
chamotex:

what is it with u and farm?

u get farm abi u dey run poultry? grin grin grin grin
what is there not to like about farm? tongue
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by chamotex(m): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2008
ibkaye:

what is there not to like about farm? tongue

grin the guy is lookin for love and u tellin him to go to the farm

na chicken he want marry? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2008
chamotex:

grin the guy is lookin for love and u tellin him to go to the farm

na chicken he want marry? cheesy cheesy cheesy
why not? tongue
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by ladyu1: 7:09pm On Jul 14, 2008
@poster

it could be anywhere,a friend of mine met hers on d plane
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by whitelexi(m): 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2008
lady u:

@poster

it could be anywhere,a friend of mine met hers on d plane

You can even meet people on Chisco night bus grin
Re: Office, Club, Church, Internet, School for Dating? by ladyu1: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2008
whitelexi:

You can even meet people on Chisco night bus grin

my eldest sis met hers in dan dollars bus grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girl Is A Year Older Than Me;confused / She Said He Forced Himself On Her / I Wanna Dump My Girl For Her Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.