Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,511 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:53 PM

Suspended From Work Via Phone Call - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Suspended From Work Via Phone Call (14073 Views)

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back / Mutale Winfridah: Zambian Female Banker Suspended For Sleeping With 200 Men / Ugandan Court Clerk Suspended For Dressing Too "Sexy" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by OnyeAmuma: 8:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
Good evening Nairalanders, something happened in my office today and just this evening I got a call from a senior colleague that my boss has given me two weeks suspension without pay.... The company's security also called to inform me that he received a call from my boss instructing him not to allow me inside the company premises from tomorrow.

I have been a staff of the company for two years and I want to know if there is anyway to challenge the suspension or if there is any lawyer here who is abreast of the labour law as regards my situation. Thanks

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Bullet01(f): 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:
Good evening Nairalanders, something happened in my office today and just this evening I got a call from a senior colleague that my boss has given me two weeks suspension without pay.... The company's security also called to inform me that he received a call from my boss instructing him not to allow me inside the company premises from tomorrow.

I have been a staff of the company for two years and I want to know if there is anyway to challenge the suspension or if there is any lawyer here who is abreast of the labour law as regards my situation. Thanks

What did you do?

24 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Ahmed0336(m): 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2017
Bullet01:

What did you do?
thank you for that question.
OP what did you do that warranted you being suspended?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by OnyeAmuma: 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Bullet01:

What did you do?

Okay this is it... I was hired as a maintenance personnel, along the line I was persuaded to carry out some duties outside my job description which I obliged, I was entitled to #1000 call card weekly for calls. Today, a senior colleague brought #500 to me instead of the #1000 and said the boss decided to cut it down, initially things like this are discussed before implementation. I declined taking the #500 and that was it.
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Young03(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
A bird at hand is better than none

U shouldn't have declined

collect the money, meet him n the issue will be addressed

Hard times in naija oo, some r waiting to take your job

pray they don't give it to another person before u come back from suspension

Advise is...Use the two weeks to go do legbuke work or conductor, e go fetch u money

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by decatalyst(m): 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:

Okay this is it... I was hired as a maintenance personnel, along the line I was persuaded to carry out some duties outside my job description which I obliged, I was entitled to #1000 call card weekly for calls. Today, a senior colleague brought #500 to me instead of the #1000 and said the boss decided to cut it down, initially things like this are discussed before implementation. I declined taking the #500 and that was it.

Your boss saw that flagrant rejection as an insult to his office! Let me tell you how I feel. I think he is right to see it as insult!

You should have accepted it and meet with the person that sent the money in person. That's wisdom!

By the way, which standard company suspends or fire over the phone? undecided

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Bullet01(f): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:

I see no offence that warrant suspension in this. OP there is more to this your story.

22 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by OnyeAmuma: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
Bullet01:

I see no offence that warrant suspension in this. OP there is more to this your story.
decatalyst:

Your boss saw that flagrant rejection as an insult to his office! Let me tell you how I feel. I think he is right to see it as insult!

You should have accepted it and meet with the person that sent the money in person. That's wisdom!

By the way, which standard company suspends or fire over the phone? undecided

What I stated above is exactly what happened, please I want to know if there is any labour law against it.
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
na common suspension na im u dey do yanga like this.
truth is, ur boas can sack u, tomorrow without having to gv any reason(THATS LABOUR LAW...he who hire for whatever reason can fire for whatever reasons(exceptions dey shaa) the problem is always when he gives reasons... (He must Justify the reasons)
all it takes is for him to just sack u, saying he no wan do again.

so beta find dat topic on how to get back into the bosses grace book wen u fall out of favor... unless u dnt like d work, my advice, is be as meek as a posible

THE RULE IS... ANYONE WHO HIRES, CAN FIRE...

19 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by romenna: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
n
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Flashh: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
This your matter ehh! E belike say your village people don finally remember you óò.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by NwaAmaikpe: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
shocked

Are you related to Diego Costa?

It's really funny to me how you'd explain to your village people that you lost your job because of greed for 500 Naira recharge card.

We don't have a President and you are here asking if we have labour laws. Go and ask Oshiomhole.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by otitokoroleti: 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
This is ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by dakeskese(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
... Did you give any of your female coworkers lift today at the close of work?

If Yes, am sorry to inform you that she is your boss' chick.

If No, Check your Village People Network and ask pertinent questions.

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by sayentease(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
romenna:
Are you a worker living in Lagos and have need for a Loan? LAPO Microfinance Bank has a special loan for working class. Very easy to Access, No Collateral is required, Very competitive interest rate; and Flexible repayment structure. For further enquiry; Call Sarah 08073828073

Is this the solution to his problem?

Sense fall on you

18 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by LamiHandsome(m): 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
Wait. Let me ask ifa. wink
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by praise010(m): 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:

What I stated above is exactly what happened, please I want to know if there is any labour law against it.

What exactly do you want ? To sue them or have your lawyer write them? Have you gotten another job or you dont want to work there again?

Just asking

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by stagger: 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
You are lucky. Diego Costa was told he was surplus to requirements by SMS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
QUIT!! And BE YOUR OWN BOSS.

Just kidding,serve your suspension and resume work with no grudges. You should have asked from the person in charge why d money was cut AFTER accepting d #500 like that first.
No let your Village people celebrate on top ur matter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by OBAGADAFFI: 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
If there's no written documents from the company about your suspension, that decision can't stand.

Humbly, talk to your HRM first before talking to any lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by josephine123: 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
too bad
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by PastorOluT(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
shocked
I don't get at all, u rejected the money without seeing ur boss concerning ur grievances and u expected to be treated better when suspended. I think u should have humbled and respect ur boss enough to see him and probably get an explanation rather than showing attitude.

Bro in the age and time in the country pray that ur job still awaits u while u be more humble in life.

Stay blessed

3 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by MansaMoussa: 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
Onyie!
So you brought Company matters to Social Media okwaya?
for that , YOU ARE FIRED!

3 Likes

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by dakeskese(m): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
romenna:
Are you a worker living in Lagos and have need for a Loan? LAPO Microfinance Bank has a special loan for working class. Very easy to Access, No Collateral is required, Very competitive interest rate; and Flexible repayment structure. For further enquiry; Call Sarah 08073828073

I just need somebody that will give me a loan and then just leave me alone.

Is that guaranteed from you guys? If yes, let Sarah flash me on 08183745555

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by LamiHandsome(m): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
praise010:

What exactly do you want ? To sue them or have your lawyer write them? Have you gotten another job or you dont want to work there again?

Just asking

Don’t mind him. He wants to join the club
Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Orpe7(m): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
Boy go eat a humble pie n calm da fvck down. However pray to whichever God u serve that u dont get a replacement. Also if it helps, send an apologetic sms to your boss.
Person wey never hammer no dey ask wetin kill him papa

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Sharpestshooter: 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
Just chill at home, call and confirm from ur boss why he suspended you, hire lawyers and likely loose ur job,

1 Share

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
romenna:
LAPO wey dey lock debtors for toilet? grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by Noblefreeman(m): 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
my brother the truth is,Ignore.taking any legal action will be like you trying to tell them you are much more educated or enlightened than them and this will lead to more strife.
just ignore,two weeks will come and go in a hurry.do not make anymore enemies for yourself.
if you dont know what to do,use the two weeks to "go a fishing" or go for "rural rugged" and God will bless you.thank me alter.

1 Like

Re: Suspended From Work Via Phone Call by InvertedHammer: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
OnyeAmuma:

Remember that you have to pay a lawyer. It is only a suspension so take a vacation. Consider the environment you live and work in before taking any actions. The current job market favours employers.

\

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? / How To Have A Productive Day With 3 Simple Acts / Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.