Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Don't Abandon Your Old Car - Recycle It - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Don't Abandon Your Old Car - Recycle It (1101 Views)

7 Fantastic Ways To Keep Your Old Car Running Strong / Is It Better To Buy A Old Car With Low Mileage Or A Newer One With High Mileage? / This Honda Urban EV Concept Car Looks Like An Old Car, But Inside Is Heavenly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Abandon Your Old Car - Recycle It by mokoshalb(m): 12:44am On Aug 15, 2017
An auto wrecker is essentially an auto recycler for end-of-life cars. Auto recycling has become a huge industry worldwide. The reason for this is that recycling damaged/ dysfunctional functional cars is necessary for their safe disposal. Recycling of cars is beneficial for the environment as well.

Let us see how an auto wrecker recycles a dysfunctional car:

Step 1: Bringing the car to the wrecking yard

Cars that are discarded need to be brought to the wrecking yard. Some car owners sell their cars to auto wreckers. They may bring the car to the yard. However, if the car is in a state that it cannot be brought to the yard, auto wreckers offer the services of towing such vehicles. Some owners may abandon their cars on the road. Auto wreckers tow away such cars also.

Step 2: Removal of parts

Various parts of the car are removed carefully for sale/ disposal. Parts such as engine, chassis, battery, catalytic converter are removed first. Next, the wheels and tires are removed. After this the fluids such as antifreeze, engine oil, brake fluid, transmission fluid, etc. are removed. This is followed by removal of functional parts such as stereo, mirrors, headlights, tail lights, etc.

Step 3: Restoration of parts

Certain parts may have minor damages which can be repaired. These are restored.

Step 4: Recycling of car parts

Many parts are recycled. For instance, old car batteries are used for manufacturing new ones. Fluids such as antifreeze can be recycled to produce fresh antifreeze. Oils are recycled to produce fuels, etc. Parts such as tires and broken glass find application in other areas.

Step 5: Recycling Steel

The major portion of the car is its body which contains steel. This is crushed into a small chunk and then shred and sold. This steel finds application in many areas. Steel is in great demand worldwide. Its production is harmful to the environment. This is because it uses up our ores other natural resources and releases greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Using recycled steel is economical and reduces the demands on the environment.

Therefore we see that auto recycling yields a large number of car parts which can be reused. The good news is that most people now prefer used car parts instead of new ones. The main reason for this is that used parts are much cheaper than new parts.
Hence, we see that an auto wrecker does a service for the society by recycling a car!

More: https://www.mokoshalb.com/
mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Don't Abandon Your Old Car - Recycle It by mokoshalb(m): 12:45am On Aug 15, 2017
grin
Re: Don't Abandon Your Old Car - Recycle It by Nobody: 2:27am On Aug 15, 2017
Nobody prefers used parts.

People buy used parts because:

1) New parts are too expensive.
2) New parts are not easily available
3) New parts are not available
4) New part shows little wear and is still serviceable.

I have it on good authority that a modern and efficient wrecking yard will open in or near Ibadan shortly wink

This modern and efficient wrecking yard will offer the following services:

1) Self Service: (not that kind of self service, you sick pervert grin ) - but you basically walk up to the car and remove the part that you want.
2) Delivery: Mechanics and Body shops will get the parts pulled and delivered to anywhere in Western State on the same day if they call before 10AM.

I have said too much. My lips are now sealed.

1 Like

Re: Don't Abandon Your Old Car - Recycle It by diportivo: 5:57am On Aug 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I have it on good authority that a modern and efficient wrecking yard will open in or near Ibadan shortly wink

1) Self Service: (not that kind of self service, you sick pervert grin ) - but you basically walk up to the car and remove the part that you want.
2) Delivery: Mechanics and Body shops will get the parts pulled and delivered to anywhere in Western State on the same day if they call before 10AM.

gazzuzz....come a take a sniff of what uncle is cooking oh

the food go too sweet..... grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Abandon Your Old Car - Recycle It by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:00am On Aug 15, 2017
diportivo:

gazzuzz....come a take a sniff of what uncle is cooking oh

the food go too sweet..... grin

uncle knows he must tell me in camera nah wink
Re: Don't Abandon Your Old Car - Recycle It by nurey(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I hope when these starts, it will run like a business sir not a money making avenue
Re: Don't Abandon Your Old Car - Recycle It by DonEmmycom(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2017
I want to sell my 1995 Nissan ultima how can I sell it or who wants to buy directly from me should call this numbers 09052955325 08173105802

(1) (Reply)

Aston Martin Vantage GTE Race Car Unveiled / Guess Who Sold A 1981 Volvo 262 Coupe Sold For N78 Million / Meet Nigerian Man That Own Eleven Rolls Royce(video, pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.