Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Is Life Really Worth Being Grateful For? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Life Really Worth Being Grateful For? (664 Views)

What Is Life? / Re:Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed Part1 / Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed In Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Life Really Worth Being Grateful For? by erad(m): 6:49am On Aug 15, 2017
Now a number of people might not understand this question.

If I was never created, I'll exist in oblivion. No memories or experiences. No struggles about how to please everyone or no one at all. No implied rules to live by. No fear of the uncertainty of the
future. And so on...

So why should I be grateful for something I never asked for or wanted?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Life Really Worth Being Grateful For? by frank317: 7:04am On Aug 15, 2017
erad:

If I was never created, I'll exist in oblivion. No memories or experiences. No struggles about how to please everyone or no one at all. No implied rules to live by. No fear of the uncertainty of the
future. And so on...

U have no idea what life is without life.what u know is what u are experiencing. Death is associated with pain and no human likes pain. Life is an experience, and this experiences could be good or bad but the good ones can be worth reliving. Eg, love, pride, fun, satisfaction, joy, accomplishment, good health. Living is cherished because we find ourselves hoping and struggling for good experiences.

However when u ask why u should be grateful, I am lost at who u wanna be grateful to. I can enjoy the experience of living by seeking out good experiences and not allow the fear of bad experiences take over.

U dont have to be grateful to anybody, rather be happy with yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really Worth Being Grateful For? by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2017
Well from my current point of view we all exist because our collective consciousness (God), expressed a desire to 'live'. And so from the initial singularity (which is infinitely small but at the same time infinite) 'broke off' into separate entities to experience life in the world we 'created'. But we neveractually split, we are all one, we are all God. So in essence we are all alive because we wanted to be. You have nobody to be grateful to for life but yourself. But you seem angry that you exist. If you continue with this mindset, upon death you could just return to the infinite Consciousness as energy, with no individual consciousness of your own.

If you want to speed up this process stop striving, you could lose all desire to live. Have no goals and spend your days like a retired worker. Death will find you. Because life goes hand in hand with motion and joyful swinging of your consciousness.

NB: This is philosophical jargon I wrote based on books I've read, personal experiences, etc. Its a mere hypotheses which isn't based on any empirical data.

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Really Worth Being Grateful For? by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Mar 08
erad:
Now a number of people might not understand this question. If I was never created, I'll exist in oblivion. No memories or experiences. No struggles about how to please everyone or no one at all. No implied rules to live by. No fear of the uncertainty of the future. And so on...
■ So why should I be grateful for something I never asked for or wanted?
If you were never created, you would not exist at all, not even in what you term oblivion. There would simply be no you. undecided

2. People who don't reason at all use that brain damage to comfort themselves in their foolishness. tongue
Re: Is Life Really Worth Being Grateful For? by erad(m): 11:06am On Mar 08
Kobojunkie:
If you were never created, you would not exist at all, not even in what you term oblivion. There would simply be no you. undecided

2. People who don't reason at all use that brain damage to comfort themselves in their foolishness. tongue

The fact that you need to resort to insults just to pass your message across shows how whole your brain is.

You go dey alright.
Re: Is Life Really Worth Being Grateful For? by justlove91(m): 11:49am On Mar 08
erad:

future. And so on...

ANTINATALISM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinatalism
Re: Is Life Really Worth Being Grateful For? by Kobojunkie: 2:22am On Mar 19
erad:
■ The fact that you need to resort to insults just to pass your message across shows how whole your brain is. You go dey alright.
You feel insulted when a foolish belief if called out for exactly what it has been more than proven to be? I am not the one who ain't alright in this case. lipsrsealed
Re: Is Life Really Worth Being Grateful For? by erad(m): 7:37am On Mar 19
Kobojunkie:
You feel insulted when a foolish belief if called out for exactly what it has been more than proven to be? I am not the one who ain't alright in this case. lipsrsealed

Baba...
YOU GO DEY ALRIGHT.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/09/17 / Meet The Man Who Officially Made Christianity A Pagan Religion / Prayer To Break Financial Curses And Increase Financial Blessings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.