Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription (31617 Views)

BBNaija: Mike's Wife, Perri Shakes-Drayton Begs Nigerians To Support Husband / Another Look At Pay TV Cost / BBNaija: Alex Mother, Ebere Asogwa, Begs Nigerians To Vote For Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Jibabs2(m): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2017
Wanderful
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Solitin40: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2017
Provide cheap and fast Broadband nobody is ready to watch NTA with their poor picture quality and audio

2 Likes

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by osusuallstars: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2017
would have have hope but coming from LAI MMD and APC , forget it.how many people have earned revenue from dressing masquerade since they talk am?
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2017
Last year by October,
The media and cyber space was awash with the news of innoson group, sealing a mouthwatering deal with a Chinese firm for the mass production of set up boxes to help advance the digitization project,

I wonder if the deal saw the light of the day? ? ?

On another page,
Those resident in Abuja who purchase the free to Air set up box in circulation, have myriads of uncomplementary complains,
Some are already regretting,

Some complain of very poor signals

Some complain of having not more than 4-6 channels out of 30

Some complain of low grade local channels, without receiving international channels of high repute such as cnn, bbc, etc

Some complain of very poor service, despite the fact that they bought several antennas, but all to no avail,

It took the government about almost a year and half to digitize Abuja and jos plateau, imagine the time frame, it will take them to digitize the remaining 35 States, going by the snail speed.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2017
We know what is good for Nigerians. We won't just do! We talk a lot.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Na today?

Where is HiTv?

HiTV was a company that failed because it had a flawed business model.

Like, it basically put all its eggs in the Premier League and Champions league basket...like that is ALL what Nigerians get cable TV for.

And its bouquet was so scanty....honestly Startimes has a much better bouquet.

Moral of HiTV failure: Next time, before setting up a business, don't make assumptions about consumer wants.

5 Likes

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2017
An FG payTV that has 40 stations with 10 Nigeria station and 30 regional stations.

I'm not interested in another NTA from this government. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by loomer: 11:44am On Aug 15, 2017
Who still dey pay for all these when kodi and other apps Don dey readily available.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by djacob(m): 11:45am On Aug 15, 2017
I stop reading this post immediately I saw Lai Muhammed

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by burqueenx(f): 11:45am On Aug 15, 2017
elpiro:
I am skeptical about anything with Lai Mohammed.

Good news if true

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Dexema(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2017
cosmatika:
Hope we'll be watching our darling EPL with dis dere arrangement? undecided

This is the main question not some free to air stations that won't show football, also who will be responsible for broadcasting our local league? Because it seems anything Nigerian is associated with low quality.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by OtunbaDon(m): 11:54am On Aug 15, 2017
We don't this rubbish here cos with Nigerian govt it won't stop our problem,wat we need now is pay as u view, let them enact a law for all these service provider n we will be in good shape, let us be able to select our desired stations n view n then they charge us n will pay

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by dogstyle007(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2017
While Ghana is already enjoying this digital service since last year SMD for Nigeria all they know talk talk foolish leaders everywhere in NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:59am On Aug 15, 2017
OnowuOra:
This is still a written speech � , when we see
Exactly my thought undecided na so Senate's say them go fight for the reduction of fuel to N70.00 since last year.

I never heard anything about it till today!

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by joepentwo(m): 11:59am On Aug 15, 2017
lie lie lie everywhere grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by deolu2000(m): 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
No govt has ever been commited to such move, so i don't expect APC to do the same.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by omoiyalayi(m): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
I have it in abuja here and it's working perfectly

I have not subscribe for my Gotv for months now since I activated the free tv

I hope they will extend the service to other state so they will follow enjoy the service

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by junnyjake(m): 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
MadCow1:

Poor Business Module..
They fuucked around with Multichoice and got executed.
How??
You mean they should have respected the competitor more??
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by otokx(m): 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2017
omoiyalayi:
I have it in abuja here and it's working perfectly

I have not subscribe for my Gotv for months now since I activated the free tv

I hope they will extend the service to other state so they will follow enjoy the service

What kind of channels do they offer?
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by doctokwus: 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
Who wants to be watching channels, nta,silverbird,tvc with a few telemundo channels,probably Arise news in and a sports station showing 2014 Olympics in 2017?
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by thundafire: 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2017
mayorkyzo:
Believe anything this government says at your own peril...
dnt mind dem but it has been in ever since nd was used in abj b4 dis liars came on board
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by GuntersChain(m): 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
another one from lie mohammed production, instead of saying poor electricity you are saying poor signal. You will pay for subscription only to watch it when you put on your gen set because of poor electricity, why not change the subscription pay as you watch.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Emassive(m): 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
I put a free Ghana Channels decoder that works. Latest box office movies non cinemas and nice shows on there. No monthly cost at all
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by MadCow1: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2017
junnyjake:

How??

You mean they should have respected the competitor more??

If you are going to begin your new business by going after the competition then you better come in well prepared.. They were not ready. They figured taking away T.V rights for the Premier League would create a dent in DSTV's subscriber base which it didn't.

All DSTV did was host the Big Brother show to hold over that 1 year period HITV were hot and when the license for the BPL HITV had expired, Multichoice bought it off and owned it making sure HITV never had access to it again.

So HITV fuucked with the wrong one. They could have come into the market without trying to undo Multichoice from the very start. Multichoice has paid their dues in this hussle and has come a long way. Their content was better then HITV and HITV had nothing else to offer outside of football.

So not showing respect to Multichoice and starting a fight they weren't even qualified to be in led to their demise.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by omoiyalayi(m): 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
otokx:

What kind of channels do they offer?

It has over 30 channels

Nolly world
Tvc
Channels
Ait
Cbcn business tv
Afs sport channel
Wazobia
Galaxytv
Coretv
Ravetv
Pigintv
Gettv this one is music channel mostly live concert
1music tv non stop music
Kenny musictv non stop music
And many more it has abt three channels for nigeria movie

You won't get bored sha
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by adetayo234: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
cosmatika:
Hope we'll be watching our darling EPL with dis dere arrangement? undecided

You wan steal am? Na so so NTA
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by lollycash: 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
I stopped reading when I saw Lai Mohammed
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by remirez07(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
Islie:

http://sunnewsonline.com/pay-tv-revolution-nigerians-to-save-n9-34tr-from-subscription-investigation/

B4 any hard grammar, bring it on first. Make we see if the thin go hit market. Naija stuff has been shit since 1960.

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Lloydfather(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
If they are serious about about cutting the cost of subscription they should give license to TStv to start broadcasting in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by cstr1000: 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
MadCow1:

Poor Business Module..

They fuucked around with Multichoice and got executed.
Multichoice didn't do them shitt.
The yoruba owner was busy spending extravagantly on houses, owambes and cars in foreign countries with bank loans leading to unsustainable overheads after winning the EPL rights.
That company in the hands of an igbo man would have done much better.
Re: Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription by Crestedguy4real: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
BizLifeE:
Do you want to send MultiChoice back to their village empty-handed?

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: .com.ng
bros I need a neteller account, where is your location,get back asap

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija: A Vehicle Of Lust And Sexual Temptation / Bbnaija: Tboss, Debbie-rise, Bally And Marvis Nominated For Eviction / Whitemoney, Liquorose, Queen, Saskay, Jackie B, Jaypaul, Saga Up For Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.