Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Maya Animators, Please Help! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Maya Animators, Please Help! (1518 Views)

Blender 3d Graphic Designers And Cartoon Animators Get In Here!!! / Please, What's The Career Prospect For 3d Modellers And Animators In Nigeria / Sketchup, 3ds Max, Maya, Modo, Cinema 4d Automatic Presets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maya Animators, Please Help! by tirigbosa: 9:22am On Aug 15, 2017
I was animating a lady jumping a wall this morning and suddenly all my models went transparent and blurry. I don't know exactly what I did wrong. please animators, I need your suggestions.... its not easy getting to this stage. thanks.

Re: Maya Animators, Please Help! by OKX(m): 9:57am On Aug 15, 2017
u probably hit the xray button in error.
Refer to attached diagram.

U can access it either thru the shortcut icon (highlighted in yellow) or thru the shading menu.
cheers.

glad u r making progress!

Re: Maya Animators, Please Help! by tirigbosa: 11:06am On Aug 15, 2017
OKX:
u probably hit the xray button in error.
Refer to attached diagram.

U can access it either thru the shortcut icon (highlighted in yellow) or thru the shading menu.
cheers.

glad u r making progress!

@okx, thanks so much.....it worked for me.
Re: Maya Animators, Please Help! by IdeyFindWife: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2017
wow, maya?

Your Cinema 4D must be really baddass then.
Re: Maya Animators, Please Help! by tirigbosa: 9:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
@okx and others, I Dan come again o.
I have an already animated character, then I have another character with a different rig , height etc.
I actually want to transfer the animation on the first character to the second character. I don't want to start animating it from scratch again since they would be doing the same thing.
I have tried exporting the .anim and .atom method, but its not working.
what other wayS would u advice I try? thanks
Re: Maya Animators, Please Help! by OKX(m): 12:27am On Sep 23, 2017
Hi man, just seeing this....been busy.
To retarget the animation there are several options, but the first step is to ensure both rigs follow the same naming convention.

Maya has a format for naming the bones in the rig and u have to make sure both characters follow the format or u create a custom template for them.
That's ur first step. I suggest u read up on retargeting using HumanIK in maya.
If ur rig isn't based on HumanIk, then it gets a bit complicated tho.

Confirm the nature of ur rig. Are both rigs similar?
Re: Maya Animators, Please Help! by tirigbosa: 9:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
OKX:
Hi man, just seeing this....been busy.
To retarget the animation there are several options, but the first step is to ensure both rigs follow the same naming convention.

Maya has a format for naming the bones in the rig and u have to make sure both characters follow the format or u create a custom template for them.
That's ur first step. I suggest u read up on retargeting using HumanIK in maya.
If ur rig isn't based on HumanIk, then it gets a bit complicated tho.

Confirm the nature of ur rig. Are both rigs similar?

thanks Mr okx.
no, they are not similar. I already read about retargeting and its true it can't work with rigs that are not similar. but I was given an option of using 'atools' which I will download today. if it fails, then I will have to reanimate from scratch. Chai
Re: Maya Animators, Please Help! by OKX(m): 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
@tirigbosa
sorry i have been quite busy, so havent been following the thread daily. have u resolved the issue?

u could explore baking the animation into the bones of ur character directly, then u can create a generic rig format that u can use for both characters.
then u can transfer the animation from the skeleton to the rig u have created, and then use that to drive the second character.

the down side to this method, is that u need to delete the previous rig/create ur own rig, but if the characters are bipeds, i suggest using Human IK in Maya, as its the fastest/ easiest way to get a pre-made rig that can drive multiple characters.

if u can share the file with me, i can try several options.
its quite an interesting problem.

(1) (Reply)

Another Flash Website! / I Want Someone To Teach Me How To Direct And Edit Movies. / Check Out This Pen Art Of Michael Jackson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.