Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,417 members, 7,781,211 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:42 AM

6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant (16944 Views)

How To Unsubscribe Once From Irrelevant Email Newsletters / 7 Telltale Signs Your Smartphone Has A Virus / Waoow! YAAO 6000 Plus Smartphone Has A Massive 10900mah Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by MrBONE2(m): 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
Opinionated:
Smartphones are powerful computers that we carry in our pocket. Nowadays, it supports different type of tools for every purpose. You can perform different tasks on our smartphones like summoning a cab to go to work, ordering food, reading news and staying in touch with our friends. At the same time, your smartphones have killed some certain gadgets. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares gadgets your smartphone has killed.

Wrist watch

Analogue watch has now become a fashion accessory. You will meet people who wear a watch, but still, they check the time on their smartphone. Nowadays, smartphones are used to do lots of things and checking the time is one of them. So, smartphones are also replacing the analogue watch.

GPS navigation systems

If you struggle to find directions, you can easily use your phone to locate wherever you are going. This is because smartphones have GPS facilities. You do not need GPS navigation systems.

Radio

Those days are gone when people used to buy a box to listen to the radio. Since there is now a radio feature on their smartphone, the good old radio is now irrelevant.

Digital Cameras

Carrying a pocket-sized digital camera was previously considered as a cool thing. However, smartphones have replaced the digital cameras because your smartphone camera offers even better shots these cameras.

Alarm clock

The Alarm clock is completely dead because smartphones have definitely replaced them. You can simply set alarm on your phone.

MP3 Player

MP3 players were popular for playing music. Today, smartphones offer massive internal and external storage which is enough space for storing unlimited music. Hence, you do not need the MP3 Player.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/6-gadgets-smartphone-made-irrelevant/

emmmm you forgot to add no.7 Compass
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by MrBONE2(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2017
IffaCatchYouEhn:

Even Judgement day self, son people no go attend.
Live coverage grin grin
I will attend, come and catch me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by yomi007k(m): 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
Apipia:

What do know about gadgets.
Which smartphone has a shortwave radio band?
Which smartphone that can capture stunning pictures, like Nikon, Zenith and Canon cameras.?
Which smartphone can keep time to a split second like Rolex, Piaget, Longines etc and withstand 100meters underwater dive test? Or that can be ran over by a military tank? My Breitling watch has been ticking since 10 years till date.
Now you know
grin

Who needs all d crap...I jus wana tel time n hv cool pictures.
The billionaire inventors that made all dos stuff use simple things and u hv to starve just to own them.

U can carry a satellite on ur head if u want.

#inspector gadget.
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
Opinionated:
Smartphones are powerful computers that we carry in our pocket. Nowadays, it supports different type of tools for every purpose. You can perform different tasks on our smartphones like summoning a cab to go to work, ordering food, reading news and staying in touch with our friends. At the same time, your smartphones have killed some certain gadgets. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares gadgets your smartphone has killed.

Wrist watch

Analogue watch has now become a fashion accessory. You will meet people who wear a watch, but still, they check the time on their smartphone. Nowadays, smartphones are used to do lots of things and checking the time is one of them. So, smartphones are also replacing the analogue watch.

GPS navigation systems

If you struggle to find directions, you can easily use your phone to locate wherever you are going. This is because smartphones have GPS facilities. You do not need GPS navigation systems.

Radio

Those days are gone when people used to buy a box to listen to the radio. Since there is now a radio feature on their smartphone, the good old radio is now irrelevant.

Digital Cameras

Carrying a pocket-sized digital camera was previously considered as a cool thing. However, smartphones have replaced the digital cameras because your smartphone camera offers even better shots these cameras.

Alarm clock

The Alarm clock is completely dead because smartphones have definitely replaced them. You can simply set alarm on your phone.

MP3 Player

MP3 players were popular for playing music. Today, smartphones offer massive internal and external storage which is enough space for storing unlimited music. Hence, you do not need the MP3 Player.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/6-gadgets-smartphone-made-irrelevant/

OP, if you have a phone like Tecno Phantom 6 plus or Samsung S7 edge, your computer is useless too
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by Octopus3000: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2020
Ahah, this is true and it even seems to me that this list is much larger. Nevertheless, for me, the quality of the phone remains in the first place and not its large list of functions. I believe that this should be the first thing a person pays attention to when choosing a phone. I didn't know much about this before, but then I became interested in new models and studied the characteristics and it was very interesting to me. I also found cool reviews and articles about phones at https://www.styzic.com/. By the way, it was after that that I discovered this brand and started using phones from this brand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do I Get Electrocuted Easily? / Astronomers Now Agree Universe Is Nearly 14 Billion Years Old / [uncensored Video] Watch No Mercy In Mexico Video Father Son Twitter Tiktok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.