Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? (11220 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / why it is good to confirm before you believe or post any writeup / What Will Your Wedding Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by ayettymama(f): 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2010
^^not neccesarily

thats how most people get thier money back

thru the clothes and gifts!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by obelisk(m): 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
if she wanted a big wedding she should have married a rich man.
Guys are such funny creatures taking nonsense from a lady u call wife
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by SisiEko1(f): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2010
I wonder what kinda wife that chic is gonna make, u want ur husband to be an ONI GBESE! all for other people to come n eat,drink, and most of them would give u cheap ass gifts n they re off to their own lives.
Terrible woman.
How about having a wedding according to ur pocket
?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nezan(m): 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2010
Thou shalt live within thy means!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Myself2(m): 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2010
Yes of course
At least you'll start your married life in avoidable debt
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by afroasia1: 2:47pm On Feb 17, 2010
Afroasiacollection, and Nigerian burn and india partnership fashions home

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are please to introduce our product at your desk, we are into manufacture and supplies of all kind of ladies dinning, party gowns. Men are not also left out ,we give you at affordable price where you can’t find else where…, all our new designer are from the price range of 55-89-170 $. We also have showroom in new Delhi India Please note that our product are dinning ,party any out door activities high rated gowns with hand made beading all over the gowns, any gown u purchase from us is a special make product, Our product has also being showcase in America red carpet For more information about placing an order please contact.

Osabuohien Saint Frank
+919899620449
Mrs. Poornima Thapa
+919718682772
afroasiafashionhome@qualityservice.com

Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by microgiant: 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2010
Ganjaseed:

YES, what else would one borrow money for ? its worth doing. Woman is not cheap and should not be treated as such.

so borrowing to marry makes the woman not to be cheap? are you confirming that she's being sold?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by member479760: 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
@ poster

Lucky you to see your grave on time, before it is too late just forget about the idiot right now.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by favcom(m): 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
Guess what, ? While we discuss important issue, somebody decides to advertise!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by parislomo(f): 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2010
Arrant nonsense!!

Mortgage your future for one day?? This babe should go see one yoruba movie like that *sorry, I forgot the title*. . . It rained heavily and guests could not make it to the wedding and the groom had promised to pay back with SPRAYED CASH. . .
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 17, 2010
Assuming the man is a xtian;

Proverbs 22:26-27 :

"Do not be a man who strikes hands in pledge or puts up security for debts; i[b]f you lack the means to pay, your very bed will be snatched from under you."[/b]

be warned,the more you end up in debts to please[i] that [/i]woman,the more likely it is that she will be looking elsewhere when you can no longer satisfy her insatiable wants.

ALSO

Proverbs 22:7 says: "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."

When you borrow, you give away an inadvisable amount of power over yourself, your finances and your future to a bank or any other issuer of credit.

PS:am not a born again ooooo grin
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by obyann(f): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2010
Best wedding of the year grin grin

why didn't she save ahead for her wedding day? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2010
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by yeswecan(m): 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2010
shocked shocked @ question . . . it is the height of foolishness
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by danexd(m): 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2010
To impress who??
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by eleameh123: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2010
Guys its a bad idea to borrow for wedin,
am yet to recover from mine.
be wiseooo
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by atilla(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
borrowed money 4 marriage will be a marriage on borrowed time, soon the people married will be borrowed to other people.

advice ur guy not to do it o.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by lawrence83: 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2010
Bad idea. . . . .very bad for that
Its not like a profit making venture where u get money to pay back
and moreover, na borrow pose wedding.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by 4peace(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2010
it is a suicide mission to borrow to do marriage.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by deliverus: 5:35pm On Feb 17, 2010
This is what I call WEDDING ON CREDIT grin grin grin. After wedding na GARRI and GROUNDNUT them go dey chop cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2010
BAD IDEA.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by OjusOJUS(m): 5:58pm On Feb 17, 2010
Nna too bad,marriage no be business,so why do am on credit, wise up
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by damola1: 5:58pm On Feb 17, 2010
me, I don't understand the way Nigerians think oh, I am dissapointed at the feedbacks on this post,

See, tell your friend to do what he's to do, to make the most important day of his life memorable, It is choice, no one else,

But note, 90% of the people dat will come to that engagement, don't know you at all, and will never care for you, so you just feeding peeps for free,

Why don't you simply borrow the money and enjoy a holiday in calabar or something like that,
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Amigoz(f): 6:01pm On Feb 17, 2010
@op

NO

Same as it is not good to borrow money for burial undecided
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by kokoye(m): 6:02pm On Feb 17, 2010
damola1:

me, I don't understand the way Nigerians think oh, I am dissapointed at the feedbacks on this post,

See, tell your friend to do what he's to do, to make the most important day of his life memorable, It is choice, no one else,

But note, 90% of the people dat will come to that engagement, don't know you at all, and will never care for you, so you just feeding peeps for free,

Why don't you simply borrow the money and enjoy a holiday in calabar or something like that,

Do you have to borrow money at all?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by damola1: 6:11pm On Feb 17, 2010
Well, we all are different, else there'll be no bank.

If you think it's not important, does it mean, others should think so, I think , it's a choice, and his choice,
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Qiana(f): 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
very bad idea.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by opribo(m): 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
@poster

Borrow money to marry, wonders shall never end, is it a do a die matter, if you don't have money to pay back nko will they come and confiscate the woman. orisirisi dey this Nairaland
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Michael13(m): 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2010
grin grin grin grin

the topics alone is hilarious

[size=45pt]"IS IT GOOD TO BORROW MONEY FOR YOUR WEDDING?"[/size]

my dear a fool at 40 is a fool forever and ever even u answer MR or MRS
HA grin grin
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Outstrip(f): 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
If your friends fiance is going to let how her friends feel dictate their future then what does he think will happen when things don't go her way in the marriage. She might prefer her friends opinion too on how to handle it
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Claus(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2010
I know many people have laughed at the poster, but it is actually a very valid question.

Although the girl in question seems to have very superficial reasons for the size of the wedding, the truth is a lot of girls have been dreaming of their wedding day for a long time (probably since they were little girls).

In my opinion, girls need to be weaned of these grandiose desires early. Otherwise, it leads to men being torn between keeping their woman happy, and being practical with costs.

For the particular girl this post is referring to, the guy should know now what he is getting into, she seems quite superficial.

However, in general, using some form of credit for a major expense like a wedding is a reality for many people. They should however not borrow anything they can't pay back within 2 to 3 months, from their guaranteed income (salary, business profits etc).
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by dandollar1: 7:15pm On Feb 17, 2010
But why do couples expect so much from guests on their wedding day?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only Virgins Deserve White Weddings? / 2021 August Meeting: ABN TV Boss' Mum Bags Nne Oha Of Ebem Ohafia [pix, Video] / 10 Real Life Mermaid Caught On Camera (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.