Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? (11221 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / why it is good to confirm before you believe or post any writeup / What Will Your Wedding Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by DL(m): 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2010
Why on earth should you
What's more important is the life after the wedding.
Cut your agbada according to your belle ooo!!!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Moyola(f): 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2010
I'd rather cut d event to suit ma pocket size tongue
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by switchmax8: 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
it does not in anyway make sense to borrow because you want to impress some hawks that will laugh at you later when you are struggling trying to pay back.You had better do it according to your budget.First do your budget properly if it is 200k you have there is what we call wedding planner look for it you can get a plan of 150k there it all depends on your pocket.Just did mine on the 30th without borrowing a dime from anybody and do not hope on the money people will spray.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by dipsyn: 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
Hmm, rily I c nothing bad in borrowing money for your wedding, to face fact its a once in a life time event so y not, and no bi today that pple will borrow moni for wedding because its one event where you spend moni you have worked for in a year in one day, so its not bad getting all the help you can (esp if you are aware how the Igbo/ south south traditional marriage is done its cost a lot). The only exceptions I have for this rule is to borrow in proportion at which you can comfortably pay back and for this article by the by original post, the cynical reasons in which the wife has behind the borrowing.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by slimes(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
This is one misconception too many. It is better to have a low key marriage and live comfortably afterwards. How can you live a life of such pretence?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by nadico(m): 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
Do UR FRIEND need the money in naira or dollars. for naira borrowing iwill accept his dog as collate but if in dollars,the only acceptable collateis his WIFE TO BE. grin grin grin
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2010
marriage shouldn't cost more than $200. take the woman to a court and u both say i do and zoom her off to mexico, period! very romantic, yes? grin
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by stcarlie: 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
Bros, u sure say na ur friend; or u speaking 4 ya self here?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by lovenaijas: 10:32pm On Feb 18, 2010
it is never ever a good idea to borrow for you wedding when you can have a simple wedding and be happy afterwards. Even oyinbo people dey do am sef.

how to have your dream wedding for under $5000

http://thedigeratimind.com/2009/06/16/how-to-plan-a-wedding-for-under-5000-dollars/

so why should we now africans spend so much so I say NO NO NO NEVER BORROW
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Mhismole(f): 4:42am On Feb 19, 2010
She cud have a nice wedding without spending much, what a big eyed woman she is! gosh he should see the neon light, I DO NOT RECOMMEND MARRYING THIS WOMAN! I see her goin thru the marriage trying to please her friends and depressing the life out of the poor man. sad
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Ladytemi(f): 6:19am On Feb 19, 2010
It seems that lately people see marriage (engagement, wedding ceremonies and reception) as a chance to have mega parties. It is very much possible to have a fabulous wedding without going into debt. The bride and the groom need to realize that after the cows are dead, jollof rice is all eaten, all the drinks are gone, and all the guests have gone home they still need to have enough money left over to setup their household. Like the saying goes "Cut your coat according to your size and cloth", do not spend the money you don't have and not be able to feed yourself and your new husband afterwards.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Ghredon(f): 6:19am On Feb 19, 2010
Mhismole:

She cud have a nice wedding without spending much, what a big eyed woman she is! gosh he should see the neon light, I DO NOT RECOMMEND MARRYING THIS WOMAN! I see her goin thru the marriage trying to please her friends and depressing the life out of the poor man. sad
Wisdom has spoken. Hear ye, hear ye.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Mhismole(f): 7:03am On Feb 19, 2010
Ghredon:

Wisdom has spoken. Hear ye, hear ye.

lol pleased to please ye smiley smiley
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Ghredon(f): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2010
Mhismole:

lol pleased to please ye smiley smiley
hahaha you're alright, Mhismhole
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by oluite(f): 1:23pm On Feb 19, 2010
ur friend had better look 4 anoda wife.which kan tin onigbese wedin?then when ur income isnt enough because it cant neva be enough he will borrow again.BE content!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by 700john: 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
slimes:

This is one misconception too many. It is better to have a low key marriage and live comfortably afterwards. How can you live a life of such pretence? I beg tell they ooooooo!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by idifu(m): 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2010
you don ya were you wan borrow money go do Igbeyawo(Carry suffer)
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by enomakos(m): 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2010
that is madness,just to please some people

man did you want to start your marriage life with wahala

if i be you i go postpone the wedding if the babe no agree
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by ochukoccna: 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2010
Go and borrow, hhen.
[size=18pt]FOOLISH MAN![/size]
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by oladimejid: 12:13am On Feb 21, 2010
to me i will not kill myself because i want to marry, the guy should think what to eat after the wedding. the guy should think twice onigbese obirin ni let her go sad angry
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Paxbrown(m): 12:16am On Feb 21, 2010
It's not proper

Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by seunspice(m): 8:13am On Feb 21, 2010
Why would you wanna do that? why not take a mortgage for your marriage ceremony? Cut your coat according to your cloth jare. Then you'll get married and start paying some crazy loans. There are several financial contributors to a maariage ceremony.
1. The groom to be
2. The bride to be
3. Parents on 1 above
4. Parents of 2 above.

The financial obligations might be more demanding on one side more than the other, i.e. in our Nija settings here the bulk comes from 1 and 4 ( i stand to be corrected). So i dont see why you should borrow money to get married. Na only you wan do everything?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by microgiant: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2010
seunspice:

Why would you wanna do that? why not take a mortgage for your marriage ceremony? Cut your coat according to your cloth jare. Then you'll get married and start paying some crazy loans. There are several financial contributors to a maariage ceremony.
1. The groom to be
2. The bride to be
3. Parents on 1 above
4. Parents of 2 above.

The financial obligations might be more demanding on one side more than the other, i.e. in our Nija settings here the bulk comes from 1 and 4 ( i stand to be corrected). So i dont see why you should borrow money to get married. Na only you wan do everything?

please update your knowledge, in most parts of 9ja only 1 above does this to prove his love for the bride and capability of taking care of his family (manliness).
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by SALady(f): 8:39am On Feb 23, 2010
Fact that this was an issue of consideration by the couple make want to laugh
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by rhemakc(f): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2010
Life after wedding shld be put into consideration, Not the 'elaborate wedding' cos dat same wife will b d first 2 complain when there is no food on d table, when there is no money to pay bills,
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by tobiloba82: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2010
anyone who says that the guy shouldn't borrow must be earning a very good pay as salary or doing a very lucrative business.
the truth is a lot of people borrow money. it is just that one should be very careful of the amount he is borrowing. your debt should not be more than you monthly salary or maybe two months salary. Don't be fooled, a lot of couple borrow.
you neva marry that is why you are condemning the move. Go and prepare for wedding, then you will know if there is a low key occasion in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by oneluvb55(f): 5:39pm On Feb 23, 2010
if u borrow money 4 wedding wey de one wey u go use sustain ur family?
na wa oh,
if u no get enough money 4 wedding, den chill, en no dey run, when the money come, u fit ride on, no body go talk.
@poster, tell ur friend make en chill
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 7:07am On Feb 24, 2010
Mhismole:

awww, isn't that why i picked u? kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Willyblinks(m): 7:16am On Feb 24, 2010
@tobiloba82
if he borrows not more than his two months salary possibly #50,000 which will take him six months or more to repay, This indicates that he has no other savings, its is planning a future based on gift from people what if they fail ?, how will they feed?

I'll rather he back off coz he is not ready for the marriage life or he cuts his cost down to a more reasonable level that will leave him something to feed his family with. You should'nt plan based on returns from a wedding coz it might 'RAIN'.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Mhismole(f): 7:18am On Feb 24, 2010
na2day?:

awww, isn't that why i picked u?  kiss kiss kiss kiss

To depress you?? ha! why didnt you tell me since! *runs and grabs ALL his credit cards in gleee* you'r the best honey!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 7:37am On Feb 24, 2010
Mhismole:

To depress you?? ha! why didnt you tell me since! *runs and grabs ALL his credit cards in gleee* you'r the best honey!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss

they are all for folks who have already reported to the law, so if u get caught OYO! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Mhismole(f): 7:53am On Feb 24, 2010
theyr stll under your name honey! wink wink tongue kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only Virgins Deserve White Weddings? / 2021 August Meeting: ABN TV Boss' Mum Bags Nne Oha Of Ebem Ohafia [pix, Video] / 10 Real Life Mermaid Caught On Camera (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.