Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam (4031 Views)

Imam Ustadh Ku Yaqub Ku Hashim Dies On Pulpit During His Jumu'ah Lecture / Reading Suratul Yasin In The Morning Or Evening, Sunnah Or Not Sunnah / The Virtues Of Reciting Suratul Al-kahf On Friday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2017
Salam alaykum warahmatullah wabrakatuhu . . . . . . . . IT IS A MUST TO RECITE SURATUL FATHIA BEHIND IMAM, BUT SILENTLY. . . IF YOU PERFORM SALAT WITHOUT MAKING OR RECITING SURATUL FATHIA. . . THEN, YOU DO NOT HAVE SALAH . . .ITS A COMPULSORY AND OBLIGATORY ACT TO SAY SURATUL FATHIA IN EVERY RAKAH BE IT BEHIND IMAM OR ALONE, BE IT OBLIGATORY OR NAFILAHT,. . . its am0ng the obligatory act that makes salah complete . . . INSHA ALLAH, I WILL START WITH THE PROOFS FROM KITAB WA SUNNAH.5ete
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
BUKHARI 714 (no salat for who doesnt recite suratul fathia)
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
Abu Dawood (823) ....no salat for who doesnt read suratul ummu kithab.. suratul fathia . . . . .nt
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
READ OR RECITE UMMU KITAB, does it means to read ummu kitab loud or quietly? . . . sunna nasai ( volume 2, book 479, number 919) . . to imam recite quran, one(jammah) must remain silent.. when imam says takbir, u must say takbir too but silently, when he does the adkar of ruku and do urs too.. silently . . . . since there is an hadith on ummu kitab, that its a must to recite, one must understand that this hadith let us kn0w that the qirah of ummu kitab is to be recited silently according to this hadith . . .ummu kitab, takbir and adkar done in ruku is to said silently ...
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by AlBaqir(m): 2:49am On Aug 16, 2017
AbuUthaymeen:
BUKHARI 714 (no salat for who doesnt recite suratul fathia)

AbuUthaymeen:
Abu Dawood (823) ....no salat for who doesnt read suratul ummu kithab.. suratul fathia . . . . .nt

# All the above hadiths never add up to the title of your fake thread. Note that Sunni ulama has difference of interpretation to those hadiths. You only bring forth Ahmad Ibn Hanbali's view.

# Your title reads, "Fatiha behind Imam". So, give us a single Hadith where Nabi says the Hadith above is applicable also to those who pray behind an Imam.

# The implication of your dead fatwa is that Sahabah used to recite Fatiha silently behind their Imam, Nabi Muhammad, salallahu alayhi wa ahli. Give us evidence of this?!

# Reciting Fatiha behind Imam could only be possible: either you are slower or faster than Imam. Or " better still" you recite "alongside" Imam in a unison manner. It can only be one of the three. Give us Hadith to support which one Nabi approved and which one the Sahabah did, because Qur'an says:

Surah Al-Hujraat, Verse 1:

O you who believe! be not forward in the presence of Allah and His Apostle, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is Hearing, Knowing
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 4:11am On Aug 16, 2017
You mind him. I wanted him to finish with his nonsense before i interject. He doesn't know what he's doing. Wanna teach us salat in 2017 cheesy
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by PrinceGallant: 7:10am On Aug 16, 2017
May Allaah guide us. I once asked this question and I replied from what I read in some books that the recitation of imam is for the people behind him, that they do not need to recite but listen to him if the prayer is jahriyyah.

However, I found the following Hadith later, since then I have changed my opinion and I agreed that the ma'moon must recite Fatiha of their own. The Hadith goes thus:

Abu Dawood (823) narrated that ‘Ubaadah ibn as-Saamit (may Allah be pleased with him) said: We were behind the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) in Fajr prayer. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) recited, and he found it difficult to recite (due to interference). When he finished praying he said: “Perhaps you were reciting behind your imam?” We said: Yes, O Messenger of Allah. He said: “Do not do that, apart from the Opening of the Book (al-Faatihah), because there is no prayer for the one who does not recite it.”

May Allaah increase us in knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by AlBaqir(m): 10:50am On Aug 16, 2017
PrinceGallant:
May Allaah guide us. I once asked this question and I replied from what I read in some books that the recitation of imam is for the people behind him, that they do not need to recite but listen to him if the prayer is jahriyyah.

However, I found the following Hadith later, since then I have changed my opinion and I agreed that the ma'moon must recite Fatiha of their own. The Hadith goes thus:

Abu Dawood (823) narrated that ‘Ubaadah ibn as-Saamit (may Allah be pleased with him) said: We were behind the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) in Fajr prayer. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) recited, and he found it difficult to recite (due to interference). When he finished praying he said: “Perhaps you were reciting behind your imam?” We said: Yes, O Messenger of Allah. He said: “Do not do that, apart from the Opening of the Book (al-Faatihah), because there is no prayer for the one who does not recite it.”

May Allaah increase us in knowledge.

# Next time when you quote an Hadith, try to see if it is authentic or not.

# The Hadith you quoted is DA'EEF (WEAK)
https://muflihun.com/abudawood/2/823

www.Sunnah.com/abudawud/2

Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
Laughing hysterically. . . a kafir who says an hadith is daif. . . s0me0ne wh0 d0esnt belive in hadith says an hadith is daif? laughing . .this got me cracking . . BESIDES IS THAT HOW TO ANNOUNCE AND PRONOUNCE A HADITH DAIF? NO EXPLANATION ON THE ISNAD, NO NARRATOR, NO OTHER HADITH TO PROVE ITS DAIF and yet you say its daif. . your rate of kafir level is ast0nishing. . confirmed jahl.. dats what u are
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2017
AbuUthaymeen:
Laughing hysterically. . . a kafir who says an hadith is daif. . . s0me0ne wh0 d0esnt belive in hadith says an hadith is daif? laughing . .this got me cracking . . BESIDES IS THAT HOW TO ANNOUNCE AND PRONOUNCE A HADITH DAIF? NO EXPLANATION ON THE ISNAD, NO NARRATOR, NO OTHER HADITH TO PROVE ITS DAIF and yet you say its daif. . your rate of kafir level is ast0nishing. . confirmed jahl.. dats what u are

Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
[quote author=Empiree post=59528431][/quote]2ND JAHL DON SHOW FACE. . IF U DID UNDERSTAND AND BELIEVE IN HADITH, U WIL KN0W HOW TO SP0T AND PR0VE A HADITH TO BE WEAK. . REFRENCES KO BIBLOGRAPHY NI
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
AbuUthaymeen:
2ND JAHL DON SHOW FACE. . IF U DID UNDERSTAND AND BELIEVE IN HADITH, U WIL KN0W HOW TO SP0T AND PR0VE A HADITH TO BE WEAK. . REFRENCES KO BIBLOGRAPHY NI
You always say nonesense when you are countered.

Reciting sura Fatihah behind imam is not a must. You can't use solitary hadith as proof when there are countless other ahadith that contradict hadith that supports your argument. In that case, Quran evidence sits injudgement over conflicting ahadith. Q7:204

Besides, it is very uncomfortable when some ppl reciting behind imam. Reciting sura fatihah is ONLY a must when you pray alone whether obligatory salat or not or if you lead others. Simple
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2017
Empiree:
You always say nonesense when you are countered.

Reciting sura Fatihah behind imam is not a must. You can't use solitary hadith as proof. There are countless other ahadith that contradict hadith that supports your argument. In that case, Quran evidence sits injudgement over conflicting ahadith. Q7:204

Besides, it is very uncomfortable when some ppl reciting behind imam. Reciting sura fatihah is ONLY a must when you pray alone whether obligatory salat or not or if you lead others. Simple
DO IT THE WAY YOU WANT.. U KUKU DO NOT HAVE SALAT TELE. . KEFERI NI E NA.. SUFI LIKE U N0NI WIL BELIEVE.. BESIDES, U PEOPLE DONT EVEN MAKE SALAT TELE NA.. E KIN KIRUN NA. .
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
AbuUthaymeen:
DO IT THE WAY YOU WANT.. U KUKU DO NOT HAVE SALAT TELE. . KEFERI NI E NA.. SUFI LIKE U N0NI WIL BELIEVE.. BESIDES, U PEOPLE DONT EVEN MAKE SALAT TELE NA.. E KIN KIRUN NA. .
I have said it before. Anytime I refute you, you retort to name calling. The evidence is presented before you. I didn't make up the hadith. That's sunni ulama hadith. U can tag all sunni kufar over this. Your choice

And I still have more evidences against solitary hadith you used as a proof. I was expecting you to come up with comprehensive dalil but you have failed to do that.
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
Empiree:
I have said it before. Anytime I refute you, retort to name calling. The evidence is presented before you. I didn't make up the hadith. That's sunni ulama hadith. U can tag all sunni kufar over this. Your choice

And I still have more evidences against solitary hadith you used as a proof. I was expecting you to come up with comprehensive dalil but you have failed to do that.
LAUGHING. .U SAID I CALL U NAMES, ARE U NOT A KAFHIR? THE EVIDENCE U PRESENTED ISNT EVIDENCE..1. bring the isnad 2. who am0ng the isnad make the hadith daif. 3. then bring correct hadith. 4. then bring scholars u announce the weakness of the hadith.. #lobatan# . . i don give u assignment. . run along.. dont be long
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
Empiree:
I have said it before. Anytime I refute you, retort to name calling. The evidence is presented before you. I didn't make up the hadith. That's sunni ulama hadith. U can tag all sunni kufar over this. Your choice

SINCE THE DAY I KNOW YOU, YOU HAVE NEVER REFUTEDANYTHING I SAY. . . o de tun pa iro.. well, keferi ni e.. u d0nt and cant see or have proof for anything and everything u wil say.. if u do not tell lies, how will you cope? laughing . . odo shia ni e ti mu iro pipa. . taqiyaa ..mura si
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
AbuUthaymeen:
LAUGHING. .U SAID I CALL U NAMES, ARE U NOT A KAFHIR? THE EVIDENCE U PRESENTED ISNT EVIDENCE..1. bring the isnad 2. who am0ng the isnad make the hadith daif. 3. then bring correct hadith. 4. then bring scholars u announce the weakness of the hadith.. #lobatan# . . i don give u assignment. . run along.. dont be long
the attachment I posted above (Daif) is in reference to albaqir's post. Check it well. Olodo
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
Empiree:
the attachment I posted above (Daif) is in reference to albaqir's post. Check it well. Olodo
THIS IS AMONG THE REASONS YOU ARE AND AL BAQIR ARE KUFAR."TAKLEED" BLIND FOLLOWING OF SCHOLARS. . so because daif is written there, that is why its daif? laughing. . . the reasons its daif must be stated.. o ya, what are the reasons
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
AbuUthaymeen:
THIS IS AMONG THE REASONS YOU ARE AND AL BAQIR ARE KUFAR."TAKLEED" BLIND FOLLOWING OF SCHOLARS. . so because daif is written there, that is why its daif? laughing. . . the reasons its daif must be stated.. o ya, what are the reasons
and the hadith that supports your argument, who made it sahih?. Is it not albani?. That's why you refused to quote it. Instead you posted reference number only. Matter of fact, I see Sheikh albani daif the same hadith grin cheesy

That's what albaqir posted up there. You are dull

Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
Empiree:
and the hadith that supports your argument, who made it sahih?. Is it not albani?. That's why you refused to quote it. Instead you posted reference number only. Matter of fact, I see Sheikh albani daif the same hadith grin cheesy

That's what albaqir posted up there. You are dull
LAUGING. . I TIRE FOR YOUR MATTER O..OK. .ALBAANIY DAIF THE HADITH...WHAT IS THE PROOF ALBANNY SAID TO HAVE MAKE THE HADITH DAIF. . E. B . WELL, ITS YOUR PRAOBLJEM. . FACE IT. .
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
AbuUthaymeen:
LAUGING. . I TIRE FOR YOUR MATTER O..OK. .ALBAANIY DAIF THE HADITH...WHAT IS THE PROOF ALBANNY SAID TO HAVE MAKE THE HADITH DAIF. . E. B . WELL, ITS YOUR PRAOBLJEM. . FACE IT. .
cheesy grin your nonesense defeated
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
Empiree:
cheesy grin your nonesense defeated
ANI ON WHAT PROOF DID AL BAANY DAIF THE HADITH O O O. . MU ERI WA OR SHUT UP
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
AbuUthaymeen:
ANI ON WHAT PROOF DID AL BAANY DAIF THE HADITH O O O. . MU ERI WA OR SHUT UP
Goan ask him grin

I did not quote bcus of albany. I quoted bcus it is simply not valid considering other ahadith it is in conflic with. Besides, albany is your scholar now. Why are u running away from him shocked
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
PrinceGallant:
You are lazy. Advice given to you was correct. You quoted one hadith and then concluded that you find the'truth'? cheesy
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
Empiree:
Goan ask him grin

I did not quote bcus of albany. I quoted bcus it is simply not valid considering other ahadith it is in conflic with. Besides, albany is your scholar now. Why are u running away from him shocked
Even people reading or will read this in future will clearly kn0w and see ur dolal. . keferi oshi
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
AbuUthaymeen:
Even people reading or will read this in future will clearly kn0w and see ur dolal. . keferi oshi
it is painful when you have no counterclaim cheesy grin
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2017
Empiree:
it is painful when you have no counterclaim cheesy grin
Laughing
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
AbuUthaymeen:
Laughing
I didn't even use my own argument or dalil . I used your own evidence you provided against you. What if I used other evidences - you would have jumped over the moon.

Sir, your path is dolal shocked cool
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
Empiree:
I didn't even use my own argument or dalil . I used your own evidence you provided against you. What if I used other evidences - you would have jumped over the moon.

Sir, your path is dolal shocked cool
this is serious. . abeg no quote me again
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
^

You are officially shut up. YOu have wrong manhaj, wrong ideology, zero hikma, zero insight, zero ijtihad, zero qiyas. Thats why your nonsense can not survive undecided undecided
Re: Reading Suratul Fathia Behind Imam by Empiree: 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
Now, let me finish up your thread and dump it in garbage bin. Here is my line of argument with evidences shocked I say it is not a must nor is it condition for validating salat in congregation to recite sura Fatiha behind Imam.

Qur'an states: When the Qur’an is being recited then “LISTEN ATTENTIVELY AND REMAIN SILENT” so that mercy will be showered upon you".(7:204)

Tafsir Ibn Kathir R.A: Imam Ibn Kathir (rah) narrates from Abu Musa al-Ash’ari (ra), Abu Huraira (ra) and Ibn Masud (ra) that this ayah was revealed regarding “REMAINING SILENT WHEN IMAM RECITES”… Then Imam Ibn Kathir says:

وقال أبو حنيفة وأحمد بن حنبل: لا يجب على المأموم قراءة أصلاً في السرية ولا الجهرية بما ورد في الحديث «من كان له إمام فقراءته قراءة له» وهذا الحديث رواه الإمام أحمد في مسنده عن جابر مرفوعاً، وهو في موطأ مالك عن وهب بن كيسان عن جابر موقوفاً، وهذا أصح

Translation: Imam Abu Hanifa (rah) and Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal (rah) say that Qirat is not binding upon Muqtadi “WHETHER IN SILENT OR LOUD PRAYER” because it has come in hadith that whosoever has an Imam then his recitation is your recitation, this hadith is narrated by Imam Ahmed in his Musnad from Jabir (ra) in the “MARFU FORM” and in Muwatta Imam Malik via the route of Wahb bin Kaysan who narrated from Jabir (ra) in Mawquf form. (Ibn Kathir said) “THIS IS THE MORE CORRECT VIEWPOINT” [Tafsir Ibn Kathir, (1/281) under 7:204]

This is really sunni view and this is what i was taught. I begin to see you fake salafi as non-sunnis. You hijacked the salaf.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Did Allah Always Call Jesus By Mary's Name? / A Peek At False Manhaj Of Muhammad Awwal Jabata Al-haddaadee At-takfeeree / Mariah Carey Performed Live In Saudi Arabia (near Makkah): Thread Commentary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.