Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Oprah Talks On Why She Hasn’t Married Her 30 Years Partner - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah Talks On Why She Hasn’t Married Her 30 Years Partner (679 Views)

Sir Shina Peters Performing At Ojukwu's Wedding 30 Years Ago / Davido: No Money Osun State Can Make In 40 Years That My Dad Hasn’t Made / Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oprah Talks On Why She Hasn’t Married Her 30 Years Partner by UPDISTIC7: 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
Popular former Talk show Oprah Winfrey is seen as one of the richest Black woman in the world but most importantly she has kept many in suspense over her refusal to marry. The 63 year old Chairwoman, CEO, and CCO of the Oprah Winfrey Network who was previously the host of the Oprah Winfrey show which ran from 1986 to 2011 recently revealed why she never married.

Despite the fact that Oprah Winfrey and her partner Stedman Graham have been together for a long time, for close to 30 years, they never officially gotten married. According to Oprah their choice of not getting married is what actually kept them together.

The media mogul made this known on monday when she sat down with Vogue for an interview, she also openedup about her high-profile weight fluctuations and long-time relationship with Stedman Graham.

During the interview, she revealed that not getting married has taught her on the essence of having to “live life on your own terms,” while stating that the subject of marriage never came up with Graham.

“Nobody believes it, but it’s true. The only time I brought it up was when I said to Stedman, ‘What would have happened if we had actually gotten married?’ And the answer is: ‘We wouldn’t be together.’ We would not have stayed together, because marriage requires a different way of being in this world,” she said.

“His interpretation of what it means to be a husband and what it would mean for me to be a wife would have been pretty traditional, and I would not have been able to fit into that.” The media icon further said.

The author and Actress known for her movies The Color Purple, The Butler she also shared her wisdom when it came to growing older.

“In your 40s, you’re coming into it, you’re intellectualizing things, and you kind of know it and you feel it,” she said. “But there is a deepening and a broadening and quickening of the knowing that happens in your 50s. Maya Angelou used to say to me, ‘The 50s are everything you’ve been meaning to be.’”

And by the time you hit 60? She said she was no longer making apologies for the “emotional burden” that was her weight.

“And certainly not at 63. And the weight thing that was always such a physical, spiritual, emotional burden for me—no apologies for that either.”

“I major in bathtubs,” she said. “I spend my time looking for the best possible bathtub a woman can buy.” Oprah stated during the interview.

Oprah Winfrey is famous for interviewing several A-list celebrities and world leaders during her 25 years as host of the popular The Oprah Winfrey Show (1986–2011). Her charity work and influence around the globe has won her several awards. In 2013, she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama and received honorary doctorate degrees from Duke and Harvard.

Regarded as the “Queen of All Media”, Oprah has been ranked the richest African-American in American history, and is currently North America’s first and only multi-billionaire black person

SOURCE: http://www.dambela.com/2017/08/15/oprah-winfrey-talks-never-got-married/

Re: Oprah Talks On Why She Hasn’t Married Her 30 Years Partner by apexJ(m): 10:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
story 4 the gods
Re: Oprah Talks On Why She Hasn’t Married Her 30 Years Partner by Immaculatesnow(m): 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2017
I love this woman, marriage are for crack heads who need's a doctor
Re: Oprah Talks On Why She Hasn’t Married Her 30 Years Partner by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 16, 2017
Well its her choice.

(1) (Reply)

Actress Rahama Sadau Looking Fierce In New Photo / Fresh Graduate Of (ESUT) Lost Her Life In A Fatal Accident / Emir Of Kano State Made A Grand Entrance With His Rolls Royce (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.