Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

How To Make It From Gsm Shortcode Business. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Make It From Gsm Shortcode Business. (403 Views)

Make Fortune From Shortcode Business. / Use SMS Shortcode As Marketing Strategy / Secret About How Bbnaija Raise Fund With SMS SHORTCODE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make It From Gsm Shortcode Business. by godwinweb(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
To make it from gsm short code buisness you have to know all this..1: what is Gsm shortcode 2: how does the shortcode works. 3:Which gsm shortcode am i going is it shared shortcode or dedicated shortcode. 4:what is the startup requirement. 5:How do i know a good Vas provider that will deliver this shortcode setup for me. 6:how do package my shortcode business. 7: how do i market and promote my shortcode business. that's why i came up with this explanation below because many people might have wanted to invest in this business but facing this above listings becomes a challenge to them but after reading this article you can be able to know how to start and make money in this shortcode business.

understanding how the short code works: this is the most important part of this business. You must have a good knowledge of text messaging business model. For example, the short code business works on a shared-code basis, which means that the same short code would be issued to many people including you. And all of you will be assigned a keyword each.
The keywords are what differentiate each of you from the shared-code. So, when you don’t know you can make the mistake of promoting just the short code without the keyword as your primary address in the short code network. For instance, if you are sharing a short code number 345343, you will be assigned a keyword like “SUB”. So you are to promote the key word “SUB” like this (text the word “SUB” to 345343). All the messages sent to the keyword “SUB” would be credited to your account. That is your primary address in the short code service.
For the money, you get paid based on the sharing formula of the particular GSM operator. Each of the operators has their own separate sharing formula. The VAS provider which you sign up with would let you know what they are. Usually, the money is shared between you, and the Network Providers they take 40% while you the shortcode owner will take 60%. And again, you must have a plan of how you intend to generate revenue from your short code service. Your nature of service must be clear to the VAS provider to enable them assign a keyword that is related to your kind of service. And note that some lottery services may require some grand knowledge and approval of the consumer protection council before your VAS provider can assign keyword to you. But light winning lotteries are okay. But whatever idea you have to use in generating revenue, make sure it’s sound and original enough to encourage millions of subscribers’ texting to it with expectation of whatever that you promised in return.

Start up requirements: I want to believe you are computer/Internet literate. You need to be. This business is beyond knowing how to press your GSM phone. That means you need to have a computer and internet access. There are new internet based laptops now in the market known as ‘netbook’ – you can get those, they are far cheaper than usual laptops so that you can always be online to monitor the number of text messages sent to your key word to help you know how much publicity you can still do and to tell how much you are worth and what you are expecting to be paid by the Network Providers. To have your own shortcode setup for you is affordable to what you will get in return.
Choosing a VAS provider: When starting your own short code business, choosing the right VAS provider is one critical decision you must make rightly. I want you to know that not all VAS providers are sincere. Some of them might try to cheat you. One way through which you can be cheated easily is when you don’t have access to their server where all the text messages goes to. Any good VAS provider should provide you with dashboard password to help you view text messages sent to your keyword address sent to your email. That would help you avoid being cheated and help you to also know when your short code business is doing well or not.
like I said earlier for the sharing formula and cost of short code the Network providers usually take 40% percent of the revenue generated, Anyway, don’t let that bother you. If I were you, the only thing that should be on my mind is how to get my own short code business running, after all, the money is FREE money from GSM subscribers. So take whatever you get. But don’t fail to take advantage of the opportunity now.

Packaging Your Short Code Business: I still need to emphasis on this all important aspect of the business. To many it sounds like just getting a short code and that’s all and you start making money. No-sir! That’s not all. Have you ever asked yourself, why would GSM subscribers send money to my short code? Are they fools? Of course they are not. So why would they like you so much that every GSM subscriber would just be texting your short code number just to give you N50 or N100 as the case may be? The answer is simple. They all want whatever it is that you promised to give away. Yes, that’s what they want and why they would be in a hurry to text to your short code.
And this could be a lot of work to put together, believe me. You must be able to discern what the subscribers want and would be willing to give away their money freely to you just like that. But guess what? The whiteman would say “Good thinking, good product”. That’s also one simple thing you can do. Why? It’s all about making a promise. If you understand what that means you will agree with me that’s it’s so simple.
While over one million people can send you money you can only give back whatever you promised to just few of them. Yes, you only promise to give 3 people for instance N100,000 each month as the winner of a quiz competition, while you give over one million people the opportunity to text in their answers to your quiz for a chance to be the one person you will give N100,000. Just by offering N100,000 to one person you can smile home with over N10 million as profit, think about that.

Marketing & Promoting Your Short Code Service:
This is actually where you win or lose in short code business. Its how many texts you received that determines how much you can get. The more people that know about your short code service the more money you can make. For example, if you are offering free scholarship to university students and you request for entries using a short code. You need to promote the service to your target audience. The more university students that know about it the better for you. in this case I recommend bulksms marketing (smsforth.com) it will help you in targeting your audience but you will have to get updated gsm database that will be easier for you to know the area you will market your shortcode. With this article you will know how to start your own shortcode today and make fortune.
Many people have made it from this shortcode business and we have helped our customers in Abuja, lagos and porthacourt in setting up this shortcode business and there life is full of joy with no regret of investing in this business. your present action will determine how the future will look like. remember the setup fee is pocket friendly and we deliver.
For more inquiries call or whatsapp : +234 90 601 413 65
Your internet friend,
Godwin Web Concept

(1) (Reply)

White Woman And Son Spotted Begging For Alms / Graves Been Dug For The Dead Victims Of The Sierra Leone Mudslide / A U A Lady Studing STEM Courses In University And U Need A Scholarship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.