Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,183 members, 7,807,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See (5325 Views)

The Authority Of Otem Over Yahweh And Allah / Yahweh And Allah Must Bow At The Mention Of My Name OTEM!!! / Proverbs Of Otem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 10:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
BlueAngel444, Aadoiza, here is my genealogy which has no Abraham, Noah, Joseph or any Hebrew element in it.

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 11:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
19. Now Asuku said, what do you want from me? For I am a man being isolated by my people because of the things which I say and do.
20. Now the astrologers said, do you have the genealogies of your lineage? And Asuku said, I know it from the days of Aluna upon the earth, even to my own time. For my ancestors pass their genealogies from father to children until my days.
21. But this good culture has stopped since the days when the religions of your people were forced upon us. For now, my people foolishly study the genealogies of the homos of Juda and Makka, forgetting their own genealogy.
22. And whereby I know the name and image of my own great grandfather to the fiftieth generation, the homos of our time do not know anything about their great grandfather. But they can tell you of one named Brahama, who is the great grandfather of Juda to the forty-sixth generation.
23. I tell you, o homos, this is foolishness.
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by ameri9ja: 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2017
Is this true?
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
ameri9ja:
Is this true?
yes
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 11:12pm On Aug 15, 2017

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by ameri9ja: 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2017
OtemAtum:
. yes

How?
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by 0temAtum: 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2017

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by 0temAtum: 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
ameri9ja:

How?
read how
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by 0temAtum: 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2017

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by 0temAtum: 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2017

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by 0temAtum: 12:04am On Aug 16, 2017
not come into this land anymore forever.
9. And Adeiza said, Okehi have I chosen as a heir to the throne. Therefore when I die, he shall be the ruler of this land.
10. Now Iraje and the five homos went northward and southward and westward to live. And they had children in the places where they had been. So did the language of Ebir spread among different lands and villages.
11. Now Okehi took over Ebir when Adeiza had died. And Okehi said, the land of Ebir is wide enough. Therefore let all those who have left return home. And about three thousands homos from here and there came to Ebir.
12. Now when Okehi had his first born, he named him Iresu, saying, you are my crown. But Iresu disrespected his father so much. And he went about to trouble the land. For he set traps in the footpath and many were caught.
13. And he went after the young ladies of the land and had sex with them.
14. Now Okehi called Iresu and said, what do you want? And Iresu said, let me rule the whole land. And Okehi said, shall you rule over me, your father?
15. And Iresu said, if you do not want this, then go away totally from Ebir and find your own land. And Okehi said I shall leave for you;
16. Now while the king began to depart, the homos of the land said, this is f*olishness. And Okehi said, when Aluna the goddess was departing, she was thought of as a fool. But she made a great sacrifice and she shall be remembered for it.
17. Now Okehi departed and Iresu became king. And Iresu sent all his younger brothes away. And he ruled with a very strong hand. And the homos of the land wailed. And many of them fled the land.
18. Now some of the descendants of Rupete the brother of Ohomorihi came into the land of Ebir and fought with it. And they killed Iresu.
19. Now when Okehi heard that Iresu his firstborn had died, he returned to his land and fought hard to take it back from the descendants of Rupete. And Okehi prevailed over them.
20. And Okehi saw how the vultures had eaten up the body of Iresu. And his head alone remained. And Okehi wept. And he said, you were named the head, but you did not live according to your name.
21. For you have behaved arrogantly and died cruelly. This shall be an experience to learn from. For he who is arrogant towards his father should expect nothing good in return.
22. So Okehi buried the head of his son in the hollow of a rock.
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by 0temAtum: 12:07am On Aug 16, 2017

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by 0temAtum: 12:12am On Aug 16, 2017
never agreed with the use of human beings for ritual before and I shall not agree to it.
14. For if it is the ancestors who demand the sacrifice of human, then it is not a good thing. For how shall they require human life to help us? And I do not see any human sacrifice done with answers coming to our request from the gods.
15. Therefore let the sacrifices of the homos cease, for it does not answer any of our requests. And they rebuked him and said, when Onsachi was sacrificed to the gods, did rain not fall after? And he is now made a god to worship by some for his great deed.
16. And Onoruoiza said, rain has its season and if it does not fall when it should fall, it is requested that we should have patience, rather than sacrificing the life of a homo for it. For a year shall not pass without rain falling upon the land, but there could be delay, and it is not because the gods are angry at us, but it is the doing of nature.
17. Now they said to Onoruoiza, you speak like a fool. For if you know how to cure this disease without making sacrifice, why have you not done it? And Onoruoiza said, there is no disease that cannot be cured by the herbs. For even if there is delay to finding the cure, it does not mean that there is no cure for it.
18. And he who knows the name of a leaf shall be able to use it for the cure it has in it. Now be patient and I shall go before the trees and meditate before them until I have found that tree which has the cure in it.
19. Now Onoruoiza journeyed deep into the forest of Taho and lay by every tree which he saw night after night with deep meditation, asking in his meditation for the name of the tree and the work it performed. And after about a month, he lay beside a tree which the herbalists called tihoko by its leaf. And he saw in his meditation how the tree waved to him gently.
20. And Onoruoiza arose and said, surely the leaf of this tree is the cure for this disease. For none of the other trees waved at me except this. And he fetched two leaves and made herbal powder with it. And he took it to the place where those who had the disease were lain. For no one stayed close to them for fear of contracting the deadly disease.
21. And Onoruoiza gave them the thing to lick. And three of them were healed after two days. And Onoruoiza told all the homos of the village what had happened. And they gave the thing to all they who had it. And all they who did not have it also tasted of it for prevention.
22. And they praised Onoruoiza for the great deeds he had done.
23. Now on a certain day when Onoruoiza fell into a trance, he saw one of his ancestors. And she said to him, Onyeche was I called while I was on earth.
24. And Onyeche said, all the trees know the intentions of us. For many things which you see in the world are there so that messages could be passed from one being to another. And whatever thing is done by a homo shall affect the whole universe. For nothing is isolated in the universe.
25. And the head of a homo is a store of not only the information which he shall experience on earth, but also the information which he did not know that he had experienced in the past. And some of these information can be accessed during meditation and deep sleep caused by excess emotion.
26. Now before Onoruoiza could ask anything further, he awoke. And he said, the things which are hidden from the eyes of a homo is far much more than the things which are revealed to him.
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by 0temAtum: 12:19am On Aug 16, 2017
Chapter Ten
1. Now Omeiza the king began to be ill . For he was full of age. And he called all the villagers together, saying, it is not possible that I should allow my first or second son rule the land. For they are full of arrogance.
2. And you know how they do not regard the elders, neither do they behave themselves in all good morality. And I have chosen Enesi the third son over them to be the ruler of the land.
3. And if Eniyamere their sister had not been a homofal, I would have preferred her, for she is good and meek in all manner of behaviours. And she did not boast of herself as the daughter of the ruler whenever she was with her husband Ohinoyi.
4. But our custom does not permit the rulership of a homofal over the land where there are homofel in it.
4. Now let Enesi be the ruler of the land. And the spirits of our ancestors shall be upon him and guide him and protect him. And he shall stay long upon the throne.
5. Now Enesi became the king. And when Omeiza died, he buried him properly in a land called Otori where the masquerades of the land dwelt.
6. Now Enesi gave birth to eighteen children altogether. And the name of the first son was Aduho and the name of the second was Onoto. And Onoto was a great pretender. And he hated his brother Aduho because he shall be the heir to the throne of his father.
7. And Onoto knew that Enesi their father loved him greatly. And he began to find how he shall conspire against Aduho so that he could be sent away permanently.
8. And Onoto conspired against Aduho his elder brother. And he was sent away. And Onoto thought that he shall be the heir to the throne of his father after Aduho had left. But himself died shortly after.
9. And Enesi wept so much, for he loved Onoto very well. And about the same time, Onuchi one of his wives delivered a baby boy. And Enesi called his name Onoto, for he thought that it was Onoto who had returned in another form.
10. And Enesi swore, saying, this child shall inherit my position after my death. And no one again have I given the throne to among my children. For he alone is worthy to sit on my throne, being the return of Onoto who was killed by his brother.
11. Now all the other children of Enesi began to hate Onoto so much because he was a little baby and he was not worth to be given the position of a heir even when he does not know what he would become.
12. And Adabara being the oldest of all the sons of Enesi called all his brothers together, saying, how can Onoto be promised the throne even when he is only a baby? For he does not even know at this moment that he is in existence, for he is only two years of age.
13. Now let us kill him before he grows up and begin to know the purpose of our father for him.
14. Now they took the baby in a sack until they had reached a bush. And they set him on fire in the bush. But they did not know that Omeyi, one of their sisters, followed them from behind. For she had suspected them when they took the baby.
15. And Omeyi took the matter to her father. And when her brothers returned, Enesi challenged them. And they denied. And Omeyi took Enesi her father to the place where her brothers had killed the baby.
16. And Enesi saw the burnt child. And he could not recognize it, for it was burnt beyond what anyone could recognise. And Enesi wept from the bush to his house.
17. And he shed tears upon the throne, whose thing was a great abomination in the land. For whichever king wept upon the throne shall leave the throne for another person from another family.
18. And the king called Eniyamere his elder sister and said, did Omeiza our father not think of you as the king of the land before? But he could not go against the tradition of the land, therefore he made me king.
19. And since the beginning of my rule till these days, I have not enjoyed my life. For my children have scattered the land upon my head with their sacrileges and I am ashamed to the bone.
20. Therefore Ohinoyi your husband have I made the king forever. And let his name not just be a name but a title shall it be. And whosoever shall be made king shall have the title to himself.
21. And as for me, I shall depart from the land forever because of shame and that which is done to my good name by my children.
22. So Enesi made Ohinoyi his brother-in-law the king of the land. And he left the land, moving northward with some of his servants who loved him. And Ohinoyi became the king of the land.
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by 0temAtum: 12:27am On Aug 16, 2017
Chapter Eleven
1. Now the children of Enesi fought to take back the throne from Ohinoyi all the days of Ohinoyi. But he was strong. And because he was much loved by the people, he excelled. And the children of Enesi were caught one after the other. And Ohinoyi asked, saying, tell me anything that I should do for you children of Enesi and I shall not decline.
2. But in the matter of the throne shall I not grant to you.
3. And Adabara said, let your wife be granted to me as mine. And Ohinoyi said, you have asked an impossible thing. For it is an abomination in our land for two men to share one woman.
4. But that which is acceptable is for two or more women to share a man. Therefore this shall not be granted to you. But ask that which is possible and I shall do it. And Adabara said, give me your daughter to marry.
5. And Ohinoyi said, I shall grant this to you. And Ohinoyi gave Adabara his first daughter Omata as wife. And the other children of Eness asked for the children of Ohinoyi as wives also. And he granted them their wish.
6. Now Ohinoyi did many great things to the land of Ebir when he was the king. For he constructed a great market square . And many came from other lands to buy and sell on every market day. And Ohinoyi taxed them.
7. And the female homos of Ebir were provided with cotton. And they made traditional clothes and sold them to the visitors on the market days. And the men learnt how to dye clothes. At this became a source of income for them.
8. Now when the homos of Agarapa saw how there was great success in Ebir, they began to find how they shall contend with it in wars. And they got ready to fight. And they came at night and set the workshops of the women of Ebir on fire.
9. And when it was day, the atrocities were much. And when Ohinoyi heard about it, he was very grieved. And he said, who had done this? And they said, they were the homos of Agarapa our neighbours. And Ohinoyi called all the Wise homos of the land, saying, what shall we do?
10. And Otori who was the chief of the priests said, why should we delay fighting back? For they have ignited the fire and we shall give them what they want. But let us first send a message to their king concerning that which was done to us. And let us see if he was in support of it or not.
11. And the king of Agarapa, when he had been consulted, did say, we do not care whether those who attacked you are from our land or not. For if you have protected your land very well, it should have been well secured.
12. And when Ohinoyi heard the response of the king, he said, this is a bad response. And he called all the chiefs together. And the children of Enesi were there also. And he said, who shall lead the homos to fight the homos of Agarapa?
13. And they feared to take up the challenge because the homos of Agarapa had lived upon myths which they had used to protect the land from the beginning. For the land, being very little among greater lands like Anpa, Idom, Ihima and other greater lands have made up a fearful story, saying, the vultures are the protector of our land.
14. And whichever soul is coming to do harm to the land, the vultures and the dragons shall eat them alive.
15. And this myth had protected the land from external attacks for many years. And they did evil against greater land without being attacked in return.
16. Now the sons of Enesi said, we shall go to the land first to find out how we shall be able to conquer them. And Ohinoyi accepted that they should go. And they went into the land of Agarapa; all the sons of Ohinoyi and five fighters of the King with them.
17. And five giants stopped them, saying, what have you come to do? And they said, we have come to tell you of the plan of five lands. For they have planned to come here suddenly to destroy the land.
18. Therefore choose the warriors of the land to stay at the borders so that you could watch them and kill them before they come into the village. Now when the king of Agarapa heard it, he was glad, saying, we shall take them by surprise.
19. And he arranged how all the guards of the land shall stay at the borders that night. And when it was night, Adabara and the others began to go from house to house, knocking at their doors and saying, come out and flee, for many lands have come against us.
20. And the people in the houses opened their doors to flee, but Adabara and the others entered into their houses and killed them.
21. So did they to twenty-one houses that night, saying, come out and flee for the lands have come against us. And when the house owners had opened their doors, they had access and killed them.
22. But all the guards of the land were away at the borders, waiting for the coming of other lands to attack them. And Adabara said, now let us go and set the houses of their chiefs on fire, even to the palace of their king also.
23. And they did as they had said. And they escaped to the north of the greatest market of Ebir land, which was called Okeoja, where many homos of the land of Odua dwelt in.
24. And they said to them, we are from Okerune village, but we missed our way. And the homos of the land provided shelter for them that night until the morning time.
25. Now the morning after, they went to Okerune and told them of their deeds. And Ohinoyi and the chiefs said, children of Enesi and the guards of the land, you have done a great feat if truly you did as you boasted of.
26. And you shall all be rewarded with lands and houses. For you did not think of the fearful myths surrounding the land of Agarapa. But you took your life in your hands and went fearlessly to cause tremor in the land.
27. And the children of Enesi said, Enesi our father had said to us that the weapons of smaller villages and towns are fearful myths to protect themselves from external attacks. For physical weapons shall not be enough for a small village to protect itself.
28. And if their myths could be destroyed, then the land shall be rendered defenceless. That have we gone ahead to do by going into the land. And we saw neither vulture nor dragon in the land. And we destroyed them and escaped alive out of the land.
29. Now Adabara said, O king, let the warriors of the land now go to attack Agarapa in multitude, for their hands are now very weak. But let us not go alone, but with other lands which Agarapa had attacked in the past.
30. Let the homos of Vado go with us to make sure that the land is totally ruined. And let to living soul be found in it forever. For they have enjoyed enough of dominance through fear and myths for many years.
31. Now on the third day, the homos of Okerune went with the homos of other lands who were warriors. And Agarapa was weak, for they were still mourning all the dead of their land. And the homos of Okerune and other lands fought and defeated them. And they did not spare any man. And they took their women away to work for them as slaves.
32. And the land of Agarapa was left empty, such that it became a bush when no one lived upon it after.

2 Likes

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by SirMichael1: 12:36am On Aug 16, 2017
Sorry but what is all this. I'm kinda confused about this. Who or what is otem?
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 6:00am On Aug 16, 2017
SirMichael1:
Sorry but what is all this. I'm kinda confused about this. Who or what is otem?
Actually this is for those who already knows whom Otem is. You will eventually find out soon.
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by richardbrandy: 7:03am On Aug 16, 2017
OtemAtum:
BlueAngel444, here is my genealogy which has no Abraham, Noah, Joseph or any Hebrew element in it.
i emailed you
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 10:31am On Aug 16, 2017
richardbrandy:
i emailed you
Thanks, I will check it out.

1 Like

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 10:37am On Aug 16, 2017
Chapter Twelve
1. When Ohinoyi died, his son Aruvo became king. And he was the second Ohinoyi of the land. For the name of Ohinoyi had became a title for king in the land, according to the saying of Enesi.
2. Now when Aruvo would become king, the masquerades of the lands performed greatly before everyone. And they danced wild dances. And the adults broke kola nuts and drank palmwine together.
3. And Aruvo said, the time of I the son of Ohinoyi shall be sweeter than the time of my ancestors, kat'Ohomori. And everything shall go smoothly. And th the land of Ebir shall flourish.
4. And we shall overcome all enemy towns and villages. And the fame of our land shall be known and heard all over the world.
5. Only let the men be hardworking. And let the ladies and old women of Okerune and the villages be cooperative.
6. And let the beauty of our daughters be not exchanged for prostitutions. And our ancestors shall guide us and be with us.
7. Now in the first year of the rulership of Aruvo, a young man was caught while he raped a girl. And when they had found out whom he was, they knew that he was the firstborn of Adabara.
8. And the king took the child and tied him to a tree in the palace court, saying, you shall die and not be shared. And when Adabara heard of it, he came to the palace of the king to supplicate for the freedom of his son.
9. And Adabara said, look at the bond between myself and your father and spare my son. For he was drunk when he did such act. And the king said, I shall not let him go free. For if I do so, what shall the people say?
10. And Adabara said, remember how Enesi my father gave your father the throne and made his name great forever. Remember how he did not hold on to the throne forever.
11. And your father did like a true hero, for he gave to we the children of Enesi what we asked for. And our wives are your sisters even now.
12. Now if you shall not free the child of your brother-in-law because you hate them, then do so because of the great help I and my brothers have rendered to this land. For we do not consider our lives. But we went down to Agarapa and fought it until it was made of non-existent in the land of the living. And Aruvo said, go and I shall call for you when it is time.
13. Now Mesireyau, the father of the girl who was raped came to the king with wine and kolanuts and groundnut and gorigo and all manner of food. And he said, O Ohinoyi second, let your soul not judge the matter lightly.
14. For my daughter who was raped should not be ashamed. For if you let he who raped her escape, my daughter shall kill herself. Therefore I plead with you to make sure that the guilty one is judged.
15. And Ohinoyi Aruvo said, I shall deliver justice as it should be and the offender shall not go free. Now put your mind at rest, for it shall favour you and your daughter.
16. Now Aruvo called all the chiefs of the land together. And they were fifteen. And some of the chiefs supported Mesireyau the father of the girl who was raped, but some supported Adabara.
17. And Aruvo called on the chief priest, saying, consult the Oracle for us so that we might know the kind of punishment we shall give to the criminal. And when Obino the priest had come, he threw the shells in the sand and said, his judgement is death.
18. Now the palace was filled with noise. And they argued greatly among themselves. And the king said, the priests have given his judgement and we know that his judgement cannot be wrong.
19. But we know also that the voices of we homos are the same as the voices of the gods. Therefore let us vote either in support of death for the son of Adabara or against death for him.
20. And they voted, seven chiefs supported that he should be killed and seven supported that he should not be killed. And the king was compelled to vote also, for his vote shall determine what shall befall the son of Adabara.
21. And the king looked at the eyes of Adabara and also the eyes of Mesireyau. And he delayed to vote, for he knew he would incur the wrath of one of the two if he voted.
22. Now the king thought of his position, knowing that if the son of Adabara is killed, it would mean also a reduction in the number of those who shall contend for the throne.
23. And the king declared that he should be buried alive. Now when Adabara heard this, he said, this is evil. For how do you judge this case with death?
24. And you know how I and my brothers have worked hard for the success of the land in the days of your father. And your father made me one of the chiefs because of this. But now you Aruvo son of Ohinoyi have determined that you shall ruin the good relationship which I have with your father.
25. Now take the chieftancy title which your father had conferred on me. And if you do what you have determined to do to my only son, this land shall have two kings. And you know that a land with two kings is a battle ground. Therefore, get ready for battle.
26. Now Aruvo did not reverse his decision. And he ordered for the killing of the son of Adabara. And he was buried alive.
27. And Adabara and all his brothers arose and began to move towards the east of the land of Ebir, saying, the place is a jungle now, but we shall dwell in it and have our own children there, rather than in this place where we have been humiliated.
28. And the name of the land where they went was called Itaho. And they dwelt in Itaho, but they became a thorn in the flesh of the Ebirites who were on the original land.
29. For there were battles between the homos of Itaho and the homos of Okerune all the days of Adabara and his brothers.
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2017
Chapter Thirteen
1. Now the children of Ireyi began to make the land tough for Aruvo. For they said, if you cannot fetch us Eniyamere our sister whom Aduho the first son of Enesi took away, we shall not allow the land to be at rest.
2. Now Aruvo said, what is my business in this? For I do not know anything about these. And it is a long time before when this thing happened. Why did you not trouble Ohinoyi my father? And even before him was Enesi your uncle the king.
3. And you did not disturb them until they died. And now, which is about twenty years after Aduho has been sent away and Eniyamere your sister went with him, you see it as the right time to request for her and from me do you request her.
4. Now the children of Ireyi said, our father said to us that we should make sure we find her, for he died in the pain of his heart, saying, make sure you find Eniyamere even if it is in your old age.
5. For she is the only female child of mine. And I call her Onyareyi, saying that she shall be the mother of the house of Ireyi. For her mother died while she was only three years old. And she has made a bracelet for her, saying, give it to her to wear on her waist when she becomes of age and married.
6. Now O Ohinoyi Aruvo, grant to us some of the guards and strongmen of the land to go with us. For we shall go towards Nzamu which is to the east. For we hear that our people live also in that place. And we shall go towards Ubini and Tampa and we shall seek our sister until we have found her.
7. Now Aruvo said, I shall grant you the request of your mind, but only make sure that you return to the land with all my servants. For fifteen of them shall go with you and they all must return without any hurt. For if anything evil happens to anyone of them, you shall pay for it by your lives. And the sons of Ireyi agreed, saying, we shall bear the consequences O king.
8. Now when the sons of Ireyi went far and wide, they did not see Eniyamere. And they saw a little boulder cast over a stream around the west of Nzamu. And they were thirsty. Now they went and sat on the boulders. And they fetched water with gourds and calabashes and drank.
9. And five of the king's servants went further into the bush to fetch food. And they went with their spears to hunt for animals. Now while the others awaited their return, they heard a loud scream.
10. And they ran towards the place to see what it was. And they saw how some dirty homo erectuses like themselves ate their fellows. And they cut their flesh fast with their knives and ate them.
11. Now immediately, the children of Ireyi and the servants of the king began to flee. And the homo-eaters threw sticks at them which they had sharpened at the two ends. And one of the sticks struck Ajagu the leader of the servants of the king on the head. At it pierced his head and came forth through the forehead.
12. And the homo-eaters ran and came to the spot where Ajagu had fallen upon. And they tore him apart in few seconds and fed upon his flesh. And they hanged his head upon their instrument and roasted it.
13. Now the sons of Ireyi went far away and sat down to breath, because they were tired and shocked. And the servants of the king remaining said, shall we return to Ohinoyi Aruvo the king or shall we remain in this place and build a place of abode for ourselves here?
14. For certainly the king shall not spare you sons of Ireyi and we also shall be punished for the death of Ajagu the chief guard and the five others who were killed.
15. For we know how the king judge every little matter harshly by death. And he bribes the priests to make divinations of blood. For in the matter of the son of Adabara who was killed for ra"pe, it is by the bribery of the priests by the king to say that the gods want him killed for his crime.
16. And when some of the chiefs disagreed, he offered that they should vote towards the judgement by killing or not. And when the votes for and against were equal, he made his decision that the only son of Adabara should be killed.
17. And this thing is the cause of continuous conflicts between Itaho and Okerune till today.
18. Now let us make for ourselves a place of abode around here until we shall find a more convenient place to stay. For we his servants have been seeking after liberty such as this all our lives.
19. Now the six children of Ohinoyi Aruvo and the nine servants of the king made tents for themselves and lived there. And they plant crops and ate also fruits which grew in the bush around.
20. So did the six children of Ireyi not return to their native land. And they named the place Ireyi where they dwelt.
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2017
Chapter Fourteen
1. Now the homo erectuses of Baji came with the body of Enesi to Okerune, saying, this is one of you. For he said to us, when I die, make sure you take my body back to Okerune and let the Ohinoyi take care of my burial.
2. For I left the throne of my father for the people of my brother-in-law.
3. Now when Ohinoyi Aruvo saw the body of Enesi which was wrapped in white, he said, truly he is a homo of this soil, but we shall not accept his body dead. For he went out of the land with his hands and legs functioning, why do you now bring him back lifeless?
4. And the people said, he died not as a youth, is this not a good thing? For he died being seventy-six years. And he has wives and children born to him even in Baji our land and he is a good homo. And he is loved by everyone in the land, even in death do we love him.
5. And we have planned a very befitting burial for him here, saying, only let him be accepted in his land of nativity, then we shall come in multitude from all over Baji to stage a great funeral for him.
6. And we shall come every ten years to celebrate also towards his remembrance even after his burial. For this homo helped our land to develop rapidly. And he helped us to fight against all the homo-eaters who troubled our land before.
7. And he irrigated our farms with great wisdom. And in all matter of great things, he was not slack.
8. Now while they spoke, Aruvo said, take back your words for you are not welcome in this land. But if you shall do good, take the dead body of Enesi to his children in the place where they dwell. For they dwell in Itaho these days.
9. Let his children bury him there for he has no portion in this land which I preside over.
10. Now go alone for I have only but ten guards left in the whole land. For fifteen of them have gone with the children of one called Ireyi and they have not returned.
11. Now the homos of Baji took the body of Enesi to Itaho to his children. And Adabara and his brothers accepted them and gave them much food and water.
12. And Adabara spread the corpse upon a mat and wept over it. And all his brothers did likewise, saying, we know how we have hurt you father.
13. And we have done wickedly in the days of our youth by killing Onoto your son whom you love. And we did not seek repentance in those days, but rather, we watched as you handed the throne over to your brother-in-law.
14. Now O Enesi, son of Omeiza, forgive us and let your love be upon us. And this body which you have left behind shall we give a befitting burial in the land of your father's. For even in Okerune shall we bury your body and no one can stop us.
15. Now give to us three days and we shall see to it that your body is buried right in the places of the rulers of Ebir. And the whole land shall attend your funeral, for it shall be made very great.
16. Now the sons of Enesi took turn to kiss his forehead. And their wives and children sang the song of the dead as they were instructed.
17. Now on the second day, Adabara and his brothers went to Okerune to speak with Ohinoyi Aruvo, saying, let us bury our father in his rightful place. For he is he who gave the throne up to the first Ohinoyi your father.
18. And in his great kindness of mind did he say that the name Ohinoyi shall be for kings forever in Ebirland.
19. Now Aruvo said, do you not live in Itaho now? Therefore take his body and bury it there rather than bringing it here. For if you delay, it shall decay and stink. And those who are around shall make a mockery of it.
20. And the saying of Aruvo displeased Adabara greatly. And he said, give us easy access to bury our father here or else we shall do it by force. And nothing shall stop us.
21. And Aruvo laughed and said, it is the barking of a dog.
22. And Adabara was greatly vexed. And he snapped his fingers and uttered no words. And he turned around and left. And Aruvo laughed to mock him as he departed.
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2017
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2017
Chapter Fifteen
1. Now Adabara said to the homos of Itaho and to the homos who came from Baji, get ready, for tomorrow we shall return to Okerune and possess it. We shall overcome the Ohinoyi and take up his position.
2. And our father Enesi shall be honoured with a great feast before his body shall enter the ground. And like a ruler shall he be buried.
3. Now one of the brothers of Adabara said, it is the best time to go and attack the land. For they are now weak. For many of the guards of the king have gone to other land to a mission which the children of Ireyi have embarked upon.
4. Now I shall take with me my five children who are strong, being youths. And they shall go with us to conquer the land.
5. Now the homos of Itaho got ready to do battle against the homos of Okerune. And they were three hundred and fifteen altogether, for thirty strong homos from Baji joined them also.
6. Now a wise homo from Okerune went to seek the king. And he said, O great Ohinoyi Aruvo, it shall become foolishness if I do not come to tell you that which bothers me. For I have heard how Adabara the son of Enesi came to the land to seek for a place for the burial of his father.
7. And you O king have denied him a space here, saying that he should be buried in Itaho which is not his native land.
8. Now O king, listen to the advice which I shall give to you from my grey hair. Accept the proposal of Adabara so that there could be peace upon the land. For according to the proverb of our land, the snapping of the finger is more terrible than words of mouth. For when the plan of the mind is greater than what the mouth can express, the fingers shall do the talking.
9. Now O king, be prepared, for they shall come suddenly at the time which you do not expect.
10. Now Aruvo said, I have heard you wise one, but I have resolved to refuse their proposal. And my resolution shall stand. I am neither a coward nor a lame homo, therefore I shall not slack.
11. Now wise one, let your mind be at rest, for we are more than the homos of Itaho in three fold. And we shall give them no space to attack.
12. Now Aruvo called all the strong youths of the land together that same night. And he said, my guards shall train you tomorrow and you shall be prepared for the battle against the homos of Itaho.
13. For we shall even attack them before they attack us. Now all the strong youths which Aruvo gathered were four hundred. And they slept within the court of the King.
14. Now at dawn, report came to Adabara, saying the king of Okerune have gathered about four hundred strong youths of the land. And now they are in the king's court.
15. And Adabara said, let us scatter them, for they have little experience. Now let twenty of you go into the bush and hunt for snakes. And only ten minutes shall I give you to return, everyone with a snake.
16. And the snakes shall be poured among the youths such that everyone of them shall scatter. Now twenty homos got ready to hunt for snakes. And the names of the homos were Itoku, Opotu, Esuboye, Onimisi, Ipemida, Etudaye, Ifakunle, Eshovo, Ayonete, Okeku, Eneyi(who was exiled from the land of Tampa), Asuku, Ochavuchangudu, Adare who was a very great farmer, Anajuru who was exiled from Nzamu when his lover betrayed him and went to be the wife of the leader of the land ;
17. Ovivi, Akuro, Ireche, Koto and Babayaro who came from far north of Negre in the days when a battle ravaged their land.
18. And the twenty homos went into the bush to hunt snakes. And each of them had a gourd of palmiwine. And they went and set the gourds on the ground and on trees did they also hang them.
19. But Eneyi and Babayaro and Ochavuchangudu, three great homos who were very fearless took their gourds and drank the palmiwine which were in them. And they cast the gourds away, saying, we shall catch the snakes with our bare hands rather.
20. Now when the snakes had perceived the good smells from the gourds, they went and put their heads in the gourds to eat the things which were in them. And the hunters caught the snakes while their heads were inside the gourds.
21. And after ten minutes, nineteen of them returned with a snake each. But Ochavuchangudu alone did not return. For he was among the three homos who said that they shall hunt for snakes with their bare hands.
22. And Eneyi and Babayaro had caught two snakes each, which they grabbed by the neck with their bare hands.
23. Now Adabara said, you have all done well. For our weapons are snakes and not spears or fire. And we shall confuse the youths who are ignorant and inexperienced in the matter of war.
24. Let everyone take his snakes and let us go to the camp of the Warriors of Okerune and throw the snakes in their midst. And they shall be caught by surprise.
25. Let four homos carry the body of our father Enesi, for he shall not delay to be buried before sunrise. For the sun shall not have gotten to the centre of the head before we shall bury him in the court of the kings.
26. Now Adabara and all his brothers and the nineteen warriors and all they who came to help him began to March towards Okerune. And they reached the court of the king few hours before sunrise.
27. And the snakes which they had were thrown into the gathering of the youths and the guards of the King forcefully, for they had plugged off the gourds from the faces of the snakes. And they who were in the court had no experience in killing the snakes. And they scattered here and there.
28. Now at the gate of the court, they were met with the people of Adabara. And they killed many of them and captured some of them.
29. Now when words got to the king that his court had been surrounded by the homos of Itaho, he crept out of the palace through a big hole at the back of it. And when he came outside, he thought that he had escaped, but a big snake, which was a large python twisted itself before his face.
30. And Ochavuchangudu who kept the snake there stood close to it. Now Ochavuchangudu said, O king Aruvo, choose now between me or the snake. For if you choose the snake, it shall strangle and kill you. But if you choose me, I shall get hold of you, but I shall not kill you.
31. And the king said, come and have me and save me from this death. And Ochavuchangudu said you have determined your fate. And he held the king by his right hand and the snake did he hold by his left hand. And he dragged the snake along towards the king's Palace.
32. Now when Adabara and all his people had checked all the rooms in the palace, they could not find the king. And Adabara said, where is Aruvo? How did he escape? For if I get hold of him, I shall do to him even as he did to Itopa my only son.
33. Now while Adabara spoke, Ochavuchangudu appeared with the king on his right hand and a large python on the left.
34. And the other nineteen hunters were amazed, for they did not expect to see Ochavuchangudu alive, being missing when they went to hunt for the snakes.
35. And Ochavuchangudu said, I wrestled with this snake when it was alive and I killed it. And the king feared it even when it is already dead.
36. Now when they saw how the snake wriggled on, with its head still on his neck, they were all amazed. And Ochavuchangudu said, I cut off its head when the fight was too great between us. And I thought saying, did Adabara not command us that we should only bring the snakes alive?
37. And I said, I shall make it look as if it is still alive. Therefore I went and fetched a smaller snake alive. And I fixed the head of the smaller snake into the head of this one. And its body did I fix into the upper body of this snake. And the live snake wriggled hard in the body of this great python.
38. And it seemed as if it is alive by itself. And when I saw Aruvo coming close, I put the snake at its path. And I asked him to choose safety from my hands or death from the snake and he chose safety.
39. Therefore I have brought him before you, O great Adabara. Do to him what is befitting for him.
40. Now Adabara took hold of Aruvo and tied his hands and legs. And he said, the same manner in which you buried Itopa my son alive, that way shall you also be buried alive.
41. And your body shall be laid lower than the body of Enesi my father. For he shall be laid over you. And you shall not be able to do anything. For you rejected that Enesi our father should b we buried in the court of the King, but now shall you bear his weight.
42. Now Adabara instructed and the grave of Enesi was dug. And Aruvo was laid alive at its base. And the dead body of Enesi was laid over the living body of Aruvo. And the body of Enesi was dressed with many flowers and precious things. And the grave was covered up.
43. And many homos of the land who loved Enesi came to celebrate his funeral. And the homos of Baji and Tampa and surrounding lands came also. And it was a very great celebration.
44. And Adabara said, now have we the children of Enesi done what the soul of our father shall be happy about. For he desired that his body should be buried with the Kings in the palace court of Okerune and we have made it so.
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 10:50am On Aug 16, 2017

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by SirMichael1: 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
OtemAtum:
Actually this is for those who already knows whom Otem is. You will eventually find out soon.

I want to.

Besides, why's your moniker having Otem too? Are you the head of the religion or the god?
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
SirMichael1:

I want to.

Besides, why's your moniker having Otem too? Are you the head of the religion or the god?
It is not a religion. It is simply the revealed hidden truths of the Universe. To know more about all your questions above check the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH HERE>>> https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/

1 Like

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
Chapter Seventeen
1. Now when the houses of Ireyi had begun to blossom, the children of Ireyi remembered again that they had not sought after Eniyamere their sister who was missing.
2. And Ochiiji said to his brothers, let us arise again and leave Ireyi, for we have dwelt here for seven years. And we have children already. But our father shall not be glad in their afterlives if he sees how we dwell comfortably without seeking after our sister who is missing.
3. And Onume said, if our father is still interested that we should find our sister who left home stubbornly, then he should show to us in a trance where she is. For what is our fault in this?
4. Are the dead not more perfect in knowledge than the living? Therefore let our father reveal where she is to us and make an end to this meaningless journey.
5. And Ochiiji said, do not speak in such manner Onume. For if we find her, it could bring us more glory. For this land which you rest is not even comfortable for habitation. And who knows if the land where Eniyamere has gone to be is a land of great beauty at this moment?
6. And all the brothers of Ochiiji said, go if you want. Take the bracelet with you and we shall follow you with our spirit. And our father shall help you to locate Eniyamere our hard-hearted sister. But as for us, we shall not depart from this land to anywhere.
7. Now Ochiiji took the bracelet. And it was very old, for its colour had faded greatly. And Ochiiji began to walk from one place to another. And he passed through a land called Utedo and Imiri. And he passed through Bende also.
8. And at Bende, Ochiiji wept bitterly to sleep. For he was tired of the journey without any direction. And Ochiiji felt his soul leave his body. And he saw himself with Eniyamere how she was twenty-seven years before.
9. And Ochiiji said, sister, why do you shed tears so much? And she said, our uncle Enesi is sending Aduho away from the land because of the death of Onoto.
10. And Ochiiji said, how does that concern you so much? And Eniyamere said, do not pretend as if you do not know how I love Aduho. And we have spoken concerning how we shall be married. Now if Aduho goes on exile, I shall die being alone.
11. And Ochiiji said, do not let father hear this thing. For there are many men in Okerune whom you can be a wife to. How do you want to die for Aduho who killed his brother?
12. And Eniyamere said, why do you all disbelieve Aduho? For only I know that he is a righteous homo. But all homos in the village have condemned him for what he did not know anything about.
13. Now Ochiiji said, where shall Aduho go if he departs the land? And Eniyamere said, I do not know, but I shall tell you if I ask him in the evening.
14. Now Ochiiji woke up suddenly from his sleep and wondered, saying, how did I see Eniyamere as she was twenty-seven years before? And we spoke clearly and the dream was very clear.
15. And Ochiiji said, O that the dream would continue, for I asked her where Aduho shall go and she said that she would ask him in the evening. Now when shall the evening be? How can this dream continue?
16. And Ochiiji wept deep into the early hours of the morning. And he slept off just at dusk. And the dream continued from where it stopped before. And Ochiiji said to Eniyamere, tell me now, where shall Aduho go?
17. And she said, I shall not tell you. For I have planned to flee with him to that place. And if I tell you, shall you not send father after me to fetch me? And Ochiiji swore by his ancestors, saying, I shall not tell father.
18. And Eniyamere said, Aduho shall go to Ubini, in the land down south of our lands. And Ochiiji said, I shall keep my promise.
19. Now Ochiiji woke up and said, this is an unusual dream, for it has taken me back to the times of my teens. And if only it could be so in real life, I would not have hesitated to remain there.
20. Now I shall follow this dream and go down to Ubini. And this shall be the wonder of all wonders if I found them there. So did Ochiiji journey southward towards Ubini. And he was on the journey for ten days.
21. Now when Ochiiji got to Ubini, he was very dirty and sick. And his appearance was like that of a mad homo. And he folded up like a tortoise in its shell beside a river. And when little children of the land came to fetch water, they ran away from him, for they could not fetch water.
22. And the thing got to the ruler of the land. And he said, go and fetch the mad man so that I could see him. And the guards of the King went and fetched him.
23. And Ochiiji could not rise up for he was weak and hungry. And he said, O king, may you live forever. Do not look at me as a mad homo, for I am healthy in the mind but sick in the body.
24. And if a lump of cassava flour and palm wine shall be made to pass down my throat into this flat belly, I shall be able to rise up. And the ruler said, what is your name? And he said Ochiiji in the yooba language which the ruler also understood.
25. And the king said, give him food to eat and water to drink. And let him bath all the dirt from his body. And let him come to stand before me and speak in the presence of all my chiefs. And Ochiiji ate and drank and took his bath.
26. And he went and sat in the midst of all the chiefs of the land. And the king said, where do you come from and what is your mission in this land? And he said, I am from the ebira lands northward.
27. And the king said, come closer Eniyamere, for one from your village is here. Now when Ochiiji heard the name which the king called, he was surprised, however, the tone of the king sounded as if he called another name and not the name of his own younger sister.
28. For he called it "Eè ní yáa méré" in the yooba accent, which by interpretation was will you not just flee?
29. Now when Ochiiji raised his face up to look up, he saw Eniyamere. And she was dressed so well like a great chief in the land. And she wrapped costly shawl on her body. And her dressing was made very fashionable with beads.
30. And Eniyamere came before Ochiiji and said in the Ebir tongue, who are you and what have you come to do in this land? And Ochiiji said, poor little sister, do you not recognise your brother again?
31. And Eniyamere set her eyes firmly upon him and said, Ochiiji! And he said, it is I. And Eniyamere went on her knees before him and wept. And she took him to her house.
32. And she asked about all her people; her father and all her brothers and sisters. And Ochiiji told her all the things which had happened. And they were glad that they could set eyes on one another again.
33. And Ochiiji gave her the bracelet, saying, father has kept this for you that you should use it when you are married. But you left and he could not fulfill the promise which he made to his wife, saying, I shall give the bracelet to your daughter.
34. Now I have fulfilled the mission on his behalf.
35. When Eniyamere heard this, she went on her knees and wept bitterly. And she said, I have hurt my father and all those who loved me in Ebir. For in my selfishness did I depart the land, not considering how many people depended on me to be happy.
36. Now I shall teach the young girls of the land that they should not do as I did. For even Aduho whom I fled away with has three more wives already. And I am not his favourite anymore. And he speaks also of having another wife.
37. But I do not totally regret my action, for I have a great position here in Ubini which I would not have had if I was in Okerune. And all the girls and young women of this land have they put under my charge to help them mould their lives very well.
38. And my husband and I have enough land for farming and many fish ponds. And we live happily together in this place.
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
hapter Eighteen
1. Now Aduho welcomed his cousin very well. And he gave him a house and servants to help him. And he gave to him also large farmyards and servants to work upon the land. And they spoke concerning all the things which had happened.
2. And Aduho said, I am not called Aduho in this land, but Obaro am I called. And he who took care of me when I came here dis say to me that I should not change the name after his death. For his own name is Osaro.
3. Now Ochiiji, call me Obaro, for I was rooted out of my own land and I have taken root in this land. But you shall do to me a favour. You shall go to my brothers in Okerune and tell them that you have found me. And you shall tell them that our ancestors have favoured me.
4. For they know that the thing which Enesi my father accused me of, I was not guilty of it. For I did not kill Onoto.
5. And Ochiiji said, you have truly lost contact of the things which were happening in your native land. For you do not know how your brothers also offended your father by killing another child whom your father had and named Onoto.
6. For indeed your father had his lastborn son and named him Onoto, saying that he was the return of the first Onoto whom they accused you of killing. And he made a promise to the mother of that baby, saying, Onuchi, your son shall be the heir to the throne.
7. And when Adabara the third born of your father heard this, he called all the rest of your brothers together and they took the little child and burnt him up. And one of your sisters saw what they did. And she told Enesi your father about it.
8. And Enesi wept upon the throne, whose thing is a great abomination in the land. And Enesi conferred his position upon Ohinoyi, the husband of his elder sister. And so did the name of Ohinoyi become a title for the rulers of our native land till these days.
9. And Enesi your father exiled himself from the land after. And few years ago, he was brought back to Okerune to be buried, but Aruvo the son of Ohinoyi who took up the rulership from his father refused that your father should be buried in his native land.
10. And I hear that Adabara and his brothers who were then living in another land heard of it and fought the king and killed him. And they buried your father in the palace.
11. Now Obaro said, Enesi my father have suffered so much pains. For before his eyes did Onoto his son die. And that whom he took as his reincarnate also did my brothers kill. These are enough to have made him die early, but according to this which you have said, I have seen that he died at an old age.
12. And I am glad also for that which I heard concerning Ohinoyi the husband of my aunt. For he was a very cool and gentle homo. And he did not covet anything, neither did he treat Eniyamere my aunt badly.
13. And his meekness and gentleness was great and well known in the land. But he died at an age not fair enough for a good homo whom he was. But death has no regard for age indeed. And it does not care whether you are a day old or a month old or a teenager or a young man.
14. But it comes according to its own decision. For if I am death, I would fetch away the wicked and leave the good and kind homo of the world to live long. And I shall not play close to the young ones.
15. But why did the offspring of a good man do all such evils which you told me about, O Ochiiji? For Ohinoyi is a very good homo and his wife Eniyamere who is my aunt is full of only good deeds, but how did they give birth to a homo who has no heart at all?
16. Is it possible for a dolphin to give birth to a shark? Or how can a butterfly give birth to a bee? But this good couple have given birth to an evil being as Aruvo. For according to all which you have told me of him, if they are true, then I can say that he did not learn any of it from his parents.
17. Now Ochiiji settled upon the land. And Obaro said to him, go and tell my brothers what I have told you. And let them come here to see my face. And we shall express our emotions of joy which shall be in our memory forever.
18. And Ochiiji said, it is not only your brothers I shall bring, but the brothers of your wife shall I also bring. For they desire to see her much more than your own brothers would desire to see you.
19. For our search for her was it which led us into a bush which we now call a home. And hardly does a homo pass through that land, except the homo-eaters and they who were exiled from their own lands.
20. Now Ochiiji departed the land of Ubini after three months, promising to return with all they whom he had promised Obaro.

1 Like

Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by BlueAngel444: 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2017
Lord Almighty! you said genealogy, there were still more updates. Jesus Christ of Nazareth shocked
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Lord Almighty! you said genealogy, there were still more updates. Jesus Christ of Nazareth shocked

It's a genealogy with history
Re: The Genealogy Of Otem/Ebira History: For Blueangel444/Aadoiza To See by OtemAtum: 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
hapter Twenty
1. Now Ochiiji rode upon a horse and two servants followed him with horses also. And when he reached Ireyi his village, he found that it had been destroyed. And he wondered and feared greatly for the lives of his people, saying what has befallen them?
2. Now Ochiiji came off his horse and went alone towards a lonely cave. And he stepped gently into it. And while he was at the midst of it, some hands grabbed him and pulled him in.
3. And the people pulled him to the ground and raised their knives to kill him. And he pleaded for his life. And those who grabbed him stopped and put on their light to see he who spoke their language.
4. And they said, he is Ochiiji our brother. And Ochiiji saw that they were his brothers and the guards who were in Ireyi before. And Ochiiji said, what has happened to you? Why have you left Ireyi?
5. And they said, the homo-eaters disturbed us greatly. And they came to trouble our home. And they killed five of our children for food. And Ochiiji was afraid when he heard this. And they told him, saying, do not bother, for your own wife and children escaped them. And we have sent them to Okerune to find how they shall survive there.
6. And your brother who is also your co-husband has gone with Barauya and the four children to Okerune saying that it would be better there than here, for no place can be better than home.
7. And we have refused to go with them, but we hide everywhere in caves here and watch out for the homo-eaters. For they are very dangerous. And we kill them anytime we sight them. For you could have been killed as one of them if not for the language which you spoke when we wielded the knife before your face.
8. Now Ochiiji told them of Eniyamere and they were glad to hear the good tiding. And Ochiiji said, there are enough land for you to farm. And you can fish also. Therefore come with me, but first I shall reach Okerune to find the brothers of Aduho and they shall go with us to the land of Ubini also.
9. And I shall fetch also my wife Barauya and our children.
10. Now the brothers of Ochiiji followed him to Okerune with their families. And the king accepted them well, even as he did accept the first five guards who returned to the lands some years back.
11. For Onovo the Ohinoyi had rewarded them for bringing the news to Okerune that there existed some homos who eat homos like themselves. And the king had since then prepared for them, making sure that there were many guards to guard the land against such beings.
12. And Onovo said, we have taken one of them alive when he came into this land. For the guards who were one of you said that they had seen him before among those who ate Ajagu the chief of the guards of Ohinoyi Aruvo whom I have succeeded.
13. Now Ochiiji went and met his wife Barauya and his partner and brother, Onume. And he said to them, let us depart to see Eniyamere our sister who went away with Aduho. For I have found her and the bracelet which our father gave to us is now on her waist.
14. And Onume said, I do not have the eagerness to seek after her anymore. For if indeed you have given her the bracelet already, then let that be enough for her. For what benefit is it to go and look for her again?
15. Do you not know how many homos have died searching for her? The chief of the guards and the others whom the homo-eaters of Nzamu have eaten; the children of my brothers who became food to the mouths of the homo-eaters, all these are as a result of the foolish action of Eniyamere.
16. Now go and tell her that I Onume, the son of Ireyi, do not wish to see her. For I have fully settled down again in Okerune after leaving it to risk my life for seven years and nine months searching for her.
17. Now when Ochiiji heard the words of Onume, he became very weak. And all the joy and eagerness with which he had brought the news to him became sour sadness. And he became weak.
18. And Ochiiji remained till the next day. And all his brothers came to join him in the house of Barauya. And Ochiiji said to his brothers, shall you help me persuade Onume that he should come with us to see Eniyamere? For he has refused to go with us, saying, it is of no benefit.
19. Now Adomuha said, why does it not excite you, O Onume, to see our sister? And Onume said, is she the only sister we have? Do we not know the husbands of our other sisters? And Ireyi our father blessed the marriages of them all. And they do well in thier husband's houses.
20. So now, what is it which is special about Eniyamere? For even all our sisters who married legitimately scarcely see my face in their houses, how much less shall that of Eniyamere be, except for the fact that she is the only daughter of our mother?
21. But because of her did we face tough times and endangered our lives. And some of you even lose your children to the homo-eaters.
22. And Onayi said, it is not reasonable to blame the journey of your life on anyone. For life itself is like a long chain pulling all its elements along, whereby the occurrence of one thing depends on another. And if we were to blame any, we shall end up blaming all.
23. For first, we shall blame Onoto for framing up his brother Aduho. Then we shall blame Enesi for sending Aduho away falsely without checking the truth of the matter properly.
24. And we shall blame Eniyamere for ever loving Aduho at all. And Aduho also shall we blame for allowing Eniyamere to depart with her. And we shall blame everyone in the village for not believing Aduho, which was why the reason Eniyamere his lover had great compassion for him and made up her mind to accompany him.
25. And ourselves shall we blame also for shouting at her when she came to us weeping about the one whom she loved. And we shall blame also our mother who gave our father a bracelet, saying, go about to find Eniyamere. And our father shall we also blame for sending us the errand. And we shall blame ourselves again for stopping by to start that unsuccessful village called Ireyi. And we shall blame also the evil homo-eaters who killed our children and some of the guards.
26. Therefore let blame be put aside, for life itself seemed as if it is preplanned or pre-imagined by some beings or forces who are greater than us.
27. Now Onume, put that which is past in the place which it belongs and let us march together to the future.
28. And Onume said, I shall not go with you, but my spirit shall accompany you.
29. And when Ochiiji and his brothers and their children were about to go, there arose a dispute between Ochiiji and Onume concerning the children which their wife Barauya had for them.
30. For Barauya had four children for them both and it did not occur to the two husbands that they shall go apart one day. Now Ochiiji and Onume looked very much alike, therefore it was very difficult for them to know which children belong to one and which belong to the other.
31. And Ochiiji said, take all of them, for I shall go and have my own wife and children in Ubini. For I have been given a house and farmlands. And there shall I establish and be great.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Each Bible Text Have A Fixed Interpretation? / Crusifiy Me If You Want. / Is Frank Edward The No1 Gospel Singer In Nigeria? ♪♪

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 260
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.