Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred (906 Views)

Innoson Takes Over GTB Over N8.7 Billion Debt, Bank Reacts / Nigerian Shot Dead In South Africa Over N7, 500 Parking Lot Debt / Boy Who Cried While Begging Sick Woman With Oxygen Gets Help (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by gentlechyke(m): 7:08am On Aug 16, 2017
Diamond Bank has reacted via Social Media, after a Twitter User, @raynergy called on the bank to help resolve the N7.3m that was mistakenly transferred to his account by a Company.

The User, @raynergy wrote on Twitter earlier:

Dear @DiamondBankNG exactly at this time yesterday 7,310,000.00, seven million three hundred and ten thousand was transferred to my account.

The transfer was made by a company. It’s exactly 24 hours & I have not been contacted. The money is not mine and I want it out of my account

Please follow back so I can DM my account information and any other details you may require. Thank you.

Immediately the story went viral, the Bank swung into action, and sorted things out. They reacted on Twitter: “This has been resolved. You are one rare Diamond #Keepshinning”

Nigerians weren’t satisfied with their response, as they feel Ray should be rewarded for his generous deed.

Below are some reactions on twitter. He has been identified @Raynergy as Onyegbuna Raymond..

Cc:http://www.gisttown.com/2017/08/diamond-bank-reacts-after-nigerian-guy.html?m=1

Re: Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by Josephjnr(m): 7:10am On Aug 16, 2017
Good one.
Re: Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by Zeze06(m): 7:12am On Aug 16, 2017
People are saying he should be rewarded....for what
Returning money that doesn't belong to him

He did the right thing and to me "thank you" is enough undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by NwaAmaikpe: 7:15am On Aug 16, 2017
shocked

He doesn't merit any reward in my honest opinion.
Re: Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by phayvoursky(m): 7:17am On Aug 16, 2017
Its a good thing he returned the money and he should be rewarded accordingly to inspire others.

Now I am thinking are Nigerians this honest? Cos the trend of returning mispaid money is soaring high.

Are these acts done out of sincerity/honesty or out of the fact that the money will be traced and the fellow might be punished for not reporting.

Lets forget about the fact that the guy is d.loing well for himself. If this cash was paid to a struggling guy in dire need of any amount and the bank waited this long? Reverse would have been the case
Re: Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by swiz123(m): 7:19am On Aug 16, 2017
The guy is just a big boy sha or maybe the guy has real dignity.
Re: Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by Built2last: 7:21am On Aug 16, 2017
If he had eloped with the money, the bank won't have spent less than 2 million publishing his image and paying the police to hunt him yet they wont have the brain to give him atleast 2million

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by permsec: 7:29am On Aug 16, 2017
Nice one Raymond.

But deep inside me, i feel like calling you a fool.
Re: Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by phayvoursky(m): 7:35am On Aug 16, 2017
permsec:
Nice one Raymond.

But deep inside me, i feel like calling you a fool.

Now that's what I was talking about. Would you return the money or elope with it?
Re: Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by dominique(f): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2017
It wasn't Diamond bank's error so why should they reward him? If the people that mistakenly transferred the money doesn't see the need to reward him, so why should the bank? Returning money that doesn't belong to you is the normal thing to do, reward shouldn't be necessary.
Re: Diamond Bank Reacts After Guy Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Transferred by joe4real12: 8:46am On Aug 16, 2017
dominique:
It wasn't Diamond bank's error so why should they reward him? If the people that mistakenly transferred the money doesn't see the need to reward him, so why should the bank? Returning money that doesn't belong to you is the normal thing to do, reward shouldn't be necessary.
Reward is by discretion of the Bank. Reward does not necessarily mean payment of money. It could be an award or a letter of appreciation accompanied with a plaque or medal, visit by some bank officials, or any other act of appreciation for his honesty. This will serve as inspiration to others.
The issue here is not the amount of money, but the honest act.

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Allegedly Trying To Use Girl For Suya / Breaking : See Nigeria Army Kill IPOB Members In Aba Yesterday / Why Boys Wey No Get Work Nai The Flaunt Money Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.