Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education (11485 Views)

ASUU To Oyo, Osun: Declare State Of Emergency On LAUTECH / ASUU Strike: "I'm Stuck In The Village, Making Palm Oil" - Nigerian Lady / Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by Ekiti360(m): 7:36am On Aug 16, 2017
​Senator Oluremi Tinubu on Tuesday called for declaration of a state of emergency in Nigeria’s education sector.

The lawmaker spoke in Lagos while reacting to the indefinite strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) nationwide.

“We have to declare a state of emergency on education in this country”, Tinubu told newsmen at the 12th Annual Research Conference and Fair organised by the University of Lagos.

“This is what we have been going through, even during the budget process.There are lots of shortfalls in our universities.

“Even when I visit universities, when I look at their laboratories and a lot of other teaching materials, they are nothing to be cheerful about”, she added.

She urged the Federal Government to look into the agitation of the union seriously and proffer a workable solution.

“I also want to plead with ASUU to show understanding with the government, and consider the young people,” she added.

http://fabinfos.com/ASUU-strike-tinubu-calls-state-emergency-education/

Lalasticlala Ishilove Mynd44 Seun Dominique

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by jingh(f): 8:20am On Aug 16, 2017
what does our holy pastors who has tertiary institution say
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by Badgers14: 8:20am On Aug 16, 2017
Yes, We need to reevaluate our education system.

Also, Buhari has been out of the country for 100 days now... We need to declare state of Emergency too!!

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by RIPEnglish: 8:20am On Aug 16, 2017
Tunubu thinked we can still be deceived again and over again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by kaypound(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2017
What is your husband who is the chancellor of lautech doing to solve the problem of the school that is funded by two APC states...

Lecturers and None academic staffs are being owed salaries yet the school is sponsored by two APC states...Oyo and Osun....and the chancellor is the self declared national leader of the party...what a shame.
Madam your party is part of the problem....hypocrites.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by lifeispeace: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2017
Let's proceed on the declaration of state of emergency on your husband looted funds in Lagos state..
He looted Lagos under Fashola, and he is still doing so under the leadership of Gov Ambode...
H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y

15 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by hakeem4(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2017
When I entered university I met 1 guy in 400L

I got to final year, he was still in 400L

After NYSC he was still in 400L

I spent 3 years looking for work and later found it, he was still in 400L

Come are you the owner of the school ?

[img]http:///a/img924/6869/1Gtd1u.gif[/img]

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2017
So na now she know?
After all these years.

Stupid country,useless leaders angry

BTW..

Listen to my new song dedicated to all Nigerian rappers at

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/233002/

Listen to my dope rap freestyle at
https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24670/

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by MrHistorian: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2017
Expectedly,The notorious Pigs of this country are gladly masturbating on this thread.

Senator Oluremi Tinubu has reacted swiftly to the ASUU strike and in her abundance of cognition.. She has demanded for a declaration of a state of emergency in the educational sector.

Pigs..

What has Akpabio said or done?
What has Ikweremadu said or done?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by DatLagboi(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2017
Gfc
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by Histrings08(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2017
Pfft... You're d wife of lautech's chancellor nd u did not make any noise when is wallowing in crisis

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by NwaAmaikpe: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2017
shocked

Tinubu is a bloody hypocrite...

Is lack of education Nigeria's problem?
Despite your education, there are no jobs,
Despite your education, no electricity to be a manufacturer.

We need good leadership!
3/4 of the Libyan migrants are educated.
The nation is a sinking ship.

We should rather declare a state of emergency on the missing absentee President.
And another state of emergency on leadership.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by skydancer: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2017
Oluremi Tinubu. Nice one. The ASUU strike as well as it is a due one is also a great opportunity for students. You can grab some programming skills while it lasts. Head over to https://sci.ng or http://starthub.com.ng
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by daeujo: 8:22am On Aug 16, 2017
Mtcheeeew! Make una go rest joor! Like u actually care. Meanwhile FG pls do d needful.
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 16, 2017
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by magoo10(m): 8:22am On Aug 16, 2017
After una don rape Nigeria front and back these people still have the face to exhibit their hypocrisy while they go on establishing private universities which the common man cannot afford.
where is bola Ahmed tinubu today with all the NADECO and fight for restructuring?he has gone dumb even now he has gotten close to power ,they are all singing a different song.what a shame

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by Lukgaf(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2017
eye services
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2017
It's a pity that our educational system is in total shambles.
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by teamsynergy: 8:24am On Aug 16, 2017
most naija unis are not even worthy of a standard secondary sch... no student welfare, no quality labs or class rooms .... money keeps going down the drain...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by okonja(m): 8:24am On Aug 16, 2017
angry angry
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by ifeoluwatomi(m): 8:24am On Aug 16, 2017
Badgers14:

Yes, We need to reevaluate our education system.

Also, Buhari has been out of the country for 100 days now... We need to declare state of Emergency too!!

I agree grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by AK481(m): 8:25am On Aug 16, 2017
Only fayose has the moral right to speak for or against ASUU.
The rest are hypocrites
They send all their wards abroad for schooling.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by TheEminentLaity: 8:26am On Aug 16, 2017
Animals! When you look at your salaries and allowances, what is their to be cheerful about?
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by AreaFada2: 8:27am On Aug 16, 2017
Shebi una (APC) promise heaven & earth thinking governance is easy. shocked shocked shocked
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by Sylvah(m): 8:27am On Aug 16, 2017
Lol,state Of Emergency As If They Care.
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by rofanx13: 8:28am On Aug 16, 2017
Our president, PYO knows what ASUU want. he was a member before entered politics. Let him meet their needs witout calling for meetings after meetings. Thank God he's incharge. he's a president has reached zenith in academics. it would have been a problem if sai baba is in charge

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by Runaway: 8:32am On Aug 16, 2017
Before the strike why not declear your head? Rather then help solve the problem, you are creating more.

Restructure Nigeria now, you and ur narrow mind will say no, but when the inevitable happen you will come out with ur nothing and empty head to speak.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by MidasTouche01(m): 8:34am On Aug 16, 2017
Oloriburuku, Lautech that you happen to be her Chancellor has been on strike for almost 15 months, what have you don to bring an end to that strike.... now doing eye service...

Tufiakwa!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by donqx: 8:35am On Aug 16, 2017
ok
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by mpianya39(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2017
Hmmm so after Adedibu brand of political thuggery that often compelled either violent loyalty or violent opposition na you come take over

Make I just de observe the whole thing shaa

Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by Anikulhapo(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2017
This woman is a bastard! What has your husband as the Chancellor of Lautech done to solve the crisis of the school which belongs to two of his puppies
Re: ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education by SkenolProp(m): 8:37am On Aug 16, 2017
Well said Madam but i think it should be extended to other sectors of the polity. In short,the whole country needs a total overhaul. #MY PROFILE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Midwestern Oil & Gas JV Scholarship Award / Should Religious Studies Be Compulsory In Schools? / An Open Letter To All Existing And Prospective Nigerian Undergraduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.