Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job (1368 Views)

Just So You Know, The Nigerian Government Does Not Owe You Any Job / We Don’t Owe N-power Participants Salaries –osinbajo / Blame Graduates For Unemployment Not The Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2017
Just So You Know, The government does not Owe You Any job

By Hakeem4

There you go, whiners. Read it slowly and let it sink in. No one owes you anything. I started reading an entrepreneurship book my father gave me titled " ENTREPRENEURSHIP & START UP BUSINESS :- start up , growth & maturity" written by Paul Burns. The fundamental message this book is passing is how to start up a new business, growth stage, maturity and what to do when you fail. I read a place where the author said more than 70% of the employments in the UK are created by SME

[img]http:///a/img923/9788/AGirRn.jpg[/img]

Who are you blaming?

I lived in a society where everyone blames the government, the rich and everyone around them. While In school we were taught that once you have good grades in school there's automatic employment waiting for you. YES, it was true, in the 50's and 60's when there were few graduates.

way out

when I got to the university I studied civil engineering. My mom wanted me to work as a civil servant cause of "job security". When I got to 300L my father started telling me the reality of life that as a civil engineer to get a contract or a consulting job you need connections, even if you're the most brilliant engineer. So I felt bad and started thinking no one will be responsible for me when I graduate not my parents or the government. So I started reading books like

[img]http:///a/img924/8162/9a7Ukv.jpg[/img]

and I read about most of the world successful people in the world and one thing was that they started early and never depended on their governments. So I started thinking of a way to survive when i graduate so I thought of making blocks and interlocking stones.

your life your responsibility

“You are responsible for your life. If you’re sitting around waiting on somebody to save you, to fix you, to even help you, you are wasting your time. Only you have the power to move your life forward.” - Oprah Winfrey

So when I read news on how there're no job and youth would be insulting the government I just laugh.

Responsibilities Of A Government In An Economy

Governments are appointed by citizens to manage the affairs of their country. Their responsibilities include:

-Ensuring the security of a state- Government must maintain law and order internally. This is realized through legislation, the court of justice and the police force. Externally the armed forces protect citizens against external threats.

-Protection and general welfare of citizens   - Government is responsible for the general health and education of citizens. Welfare programmes must be provided for those who are very poor and vulnerable.

-Management of the economy – Governments are appointed by citizens to efficiently manage the economy to bring about growth and development. This includes: encouraging local and foreign investment, controlling inflation, maintaining the foreign reserve (NIR), curbing balance of payments deficits and achieving high levels of employment.

-Protecting the environment – Sustaining the environment is important to the well-being of citizens. Ways of protecting the environment include: legislation to prevent further degradation, zoning to protect wildlife areas from disruption by development of factories, shopping and residential areas and taxation to reduce the level of pollution by firms. http://wizznotes.com/pob/role-fo-government-in-an-economy/responsibilities-of-a-government-in-an-economy

Even this present APC led government really tried in the aspect of job creation with their N-power scheme.

Are you still blaming the government?

But government should at least give industries minimum of 8hours electricity per day and good roads, that's all we want

Lalasticlala seun mynd44 davide470 uboma

Olokunolalanre@gmail.com

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Qyubee(m): 9:07am On Aug 16, 2017
Nice submission.
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Nbote(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2017
It is always easy to copy and paste and make references to d West but yet we face stark realities on ground... U read about d UK right? Now please tell us also d state of their infrastructures over there.. Do startups/SME's have to worry about energy or transportation or do dey have to deal with double taxation and other forces of d market which comes in to play due in dis parts??
We are always quick to compare ourselves in some aspects with d west while ignoring d basics.. Now take a good look at ur list of what govt owes us and tell us categorically dat d govt has actually provided any of dem...

Yes d govt doesn't owe anyone jobs but what have dey done to make sure of dat in a country where u have to provide ur own security, u have to provide ur own water by way of digging a well or borehole, buy ur own electricity pole and even pay for transformer, and still end up paying for darkness...

D mere fact dat u mentioned d N-power and called it d govt trying even afta listing d things govt are responsible for simply shows how myopic u reason and d intent of ur post..

3 Likes

Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2017
Nbote:
It is always easy to copy and paste and make references to d West but yet we face stark realities on ground... U read about d UK right? Now please tell us also d state of their infrastructures over there.. Do startups/SME's have to worry about energy or transportation or do dey have to deal with double taxation and other forces of d market which comes in to play due in dis parts??
We are always quick to compare ourselves in some aspects with d west while ignoring d basics.. Now take a good look at ur list of what govt owes us and tell us categorically dat d govt has actually provided any of dem...

Yes d govt doesn't owe anyone jobs but what have dey done to make sure of dat in a country where u have to provide ur own security, u have to provide ur own water by way of digging a well or borehole, buy ur own electricity pole and even pay for transformer, and still end up paying for darkness...

D mere fact dat u mentioned d N-power and called it d govt trying even afta listing d things govt are responsible for simply shows how myopic u reason and d intent of ur post..
does India have good electricity? In fact Nigeria's power situation is better than india's own. Yet their economy is better than ours.

I was expecting you to say things like no funds to start up business and I'd recommend books for you to read on how to start a business with no capital
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Nbote(m): 10:30am On Aug 16, 2017
hakeem4:
does India have good electricity? In fact Nigeria's power situation is better than india's own. Yet their economy is better than ours.

I was expecting you to say things like no funds to start up business and I'd recommend books for you to read on how to start a business with no capital

Are u for real?? Are u really asking if India has better electricity?? It is now obvious u are a dumb stooge trying to defend d govt.. Nigeria dat can't yet compare its electricity situation to Ghana or even Togo and u are dumbly comparing it to India?
Stop making baseless and dumb claims... Mayb u don't know, India is a nuclear super power and one of d largest electricity consumers becos of their population which is second to China. Anyways Google is ur friend..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2017
Nbote:

Are u for real?? Are u really asking if India has better electricity?? It is now obvious u are a dumb stooge trying to defend d govt.. Nigeria dat can't yet compare its electricity situation to Ghana or even Togo and u are dumbly comparing it to India?
Stop making baseless and dumb claims... Mayb u don't know, India is a nuclear super power and one of d largest electricity consumers becos of their population which is second to China. Anyways Google is ur friend..

so Ghana has constant electricity? Apart from Rwanda no country in Africa has constant electricity
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by galax1: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2017
Permit me to insult u is dere an enabling environment.i am a career man where is the policy that can encourage an electrical engineer like me to practice...guy let me tell u u are a dumb ass and am disappointed in u.
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Nbote(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2017
hakeem4:

so Ghana has constant electricity? Apart from Rwanda no country in Africa has constant electricity

It's obvious U know absolutely nothing and kip shifting goal posts... I asked if u could COMPARE Nigeria's Electricity to dat of Ghana or Togo... U clearly have a problem with what is fact and fiction.. U need a whole lot of education which unfortunately I can't waste my tym giving u and u're to busy gobbling up d wrong information from d wrong sources...
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by corpershun: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
While I'll agree with you about the govt not being responsible for the provision of jobs, the govt of Nigeria is a total failure. Out if all you listed as the function of the Government, not a single one has been fulfilled.

NPower is a scheme I'm not going to applaud, it's irrelevant to entrepreneurship. I am an entrepreneur but I tell you, the government needs to provide an enabling environment. Light is essential, the UK you wrote about has power 247, if we had a quarter of that, Nigeria would be big and people would care less about the thieves in government.

So my friend don't just sit reading foreign books and jump into conclusions, my tailor couldn't weave my cloth cos she hasn't had light for 2 weeks, same with the electrician. I go out and see lot of enthusiastic youths willing to do anything to survive but no matter how hard they work the future looks bleak.
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Ozavize88(f): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
grin
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by corpershun: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
hakeem4:

Hope you know there was a time Ghana celebrated 10 years of constant electricity, ask Dele Momodu why he ran to Ghana, though their economy is currently relapsing but you can't compare them with the so called Giant of Africa who has the character of a Goliath.

Aside from foreign books, try Google you will get much more info...
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
corpershun:

Hope you know there was a time Ghana celebrated 10 years of constant electricity, ask Dele Momodu why he ran to Ghana, though their economy is currently relapsing but you can't compare them with the so called Giant of Africa who has the character of a Goliath.

Aside from foreign books, try Google you will get much more info...
thanks for your opinion.

The summary of this post was to tell people that it was never the job of the government to create jobs
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
corpershun:
While I'll agree with you about the govt not being responsible for the provision of jobs, the govt of Nigeria is a total failure. Out if all you listed as the function of the Government, not a single one has been fulfilled.

NPower is a scheme I'm not going to applaud, it's irrelevant to entrepreneurship. I am an entrepreneur but I tell you, the government needs to provide an enabling environment. Light is essential, the UK you wrote about has power 247, if we had a quarter of that, Nigeria would be big and people would care less about the thieves in government.

So my friend don't just sit reading foreign books and jump into conclusions, my tailor couldn't weave my cloth cos she hasn't had light for 2 weeks, same with the electrician. I go out and see lot of enthusiastic youths willing to do anything to survive but no matter how hard they work the future looks bleak.
we're a developing nation like India, they do not enjoy light like we Nigerians but the citizens still go about with their businesses

1 Like

Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Ermacc: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
Nbote:

It's obvious U know absolutely nothing and kip shifting goal posts... I asked if u could COMPARE Nigeria's Electricity to dat of Ghana or Togo... U clearly have a problem with what is fact and fiction.. U need a whole lot of education which unfortunately I can't waste my tym giving u and u're to busy gobbling up d wrong information from d wrong sources...
Good one. The op may be one of the many motivational speakers we have here who often ignore basic realities of our environment.
hakeem4:
thanks for your opinion.

The summary of this post was to tell people that it was never the job of the government to create jobs
[quote author=Nbote post=59526022]

Agreed! But what does the government owe us? security? robust economic policies?infrastructural amenities? security?What really do they owe us? Don't you think what they owe us acts as prerequisites so they can boldly claim they do not owe US jobs?
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ermacc:
Good one. The op may be one of the many motivational speakers we have here who often ignore basic realities of our environment.
yeah I get your point... I'm still a student. I know the Nigerian government is not trying in any other aspect but when I see we youth insulting the government I just laugh cause it's not their duty

1 Like

Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
So what should we do with this post
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by fcacfc(m): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
hakeem4:

i will love to know aw to start a biz without capital

i am a graduate ,,,,,,i av work in block industry for many yrs and i also learnt interlock during eed in school

i will love to start block industry

pls,,,,,,help me out
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
fcacfc:

i will love to know aw to start a biz without capital

i am a graduate ,,,,,,i av work in block industry for many yrs and i also learnt interlock during eed in school

i will love to start block industry

pls,,,,,,help me out
block industry is cool. But you need two things

1) capital
2) clients

But you read on how to start business with low capital https://www.successharbor.com/start-business-no-money-03252015/
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
hakeem4:
we're a developing nation like India, they do not enjoy light like we Nigerians but the citizens still go about with their businesses

just for ur information

India is the world's third largest producer and fourth largest consumer of electricity.

The utility electricity sector in India has one National Grid with an installed capacity of 330.15 GW as on 31 July 2017. and there is power surplus of generated electricity , only problem is end mile connectivity in remote rural areas/villages .
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by eph12(m): 12:03am On Aug 17, 2017
hakeem4:
thanks for your opinion.

What are the things we should expect from government?
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by EdoBoy90(m): 2:04am On Aug 17, 2017
hakeem4:
yeah I get your point... I'm still a student. I know the Nigerian government is not trying in any other aspect but when I see we youth insulting the government I just laugh cause it's not their duty

There are some posts I don't comment because some graduates lacked information.

They are infants. Still coming up.

India has the largest refinery also in the world. Nigeria doesn't even have a refinery.

What we have here in Nigeria is mushroom universities, I obvious believe that is why one lecturer brainwashed you or one foreign book.

India education system can't be compared with ours. India is one million times ahead of Nigeria in technology, science, economy, military, education, infrastructure and many more.

Pls stop this badness of comparison

Just a blogger who needs money
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by naijaboy756: 5:10am On Aug 17, 2017
afonja.... it is no longer government becos buhari is clueless
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by kynbasil01: 5:47am On Aug 17, 2017
Nbote:

Bro ignore this kid...he's just seeking for attention.
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by hakeem4(m): 8:26am On Aug 17, 2017
EdoBoy90:

There are some posts I don't comment because some graduates lacked information.

They are infants. Still coming up.

India has the largest refinery also in the world. Nigeria doesn't even have a refinery.

What we have here in Nigeria is mushroom universities, I obvious believe that is why one lecturer brainwashed you or one foreign book.

India education system can't be compared with ours. India is one million times ahead of Nigeria in technology, science, economy, military, education, infrastructure and many more.

Pls stop this badness of comparison

Just a blogger who needs money

India is a developing nation like Nigeria

1) mass poverty
2) over population
3) illiteracy rate is high there
4) unemployment rate. High there
5) average Indian lives on $1.25 a day
Re: Just So You Know, The Government Does Not Owe You Any Job by maeola(f): 9:07am On Aug 17, 2017
Nice one!

(1) (Reply)

nothing / Bank Job / Nis Adamawa State Command Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.