Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:10 PM

CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? (364 Views)

CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? / CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? / Christian Trinity: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2017
CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ The Almighty God?

PART FOUR

Let us continue with the discourse on the Trinity and see how confused those who teach what they do not understand are. It is very unfortunate that those who grew up with this teaching have never cared to find out if it is scriptural or otherwise.

Hundreds of people have done the work for them. It is left for those who believe in the Trinity fallacy to accept or reject it. As for me and my family, we are trying to do the best we can to spread the truth as taught in the Gospel.

As stated earlier, anyone is free to print all I have published here to give to any Pastor to read and make his observation.

Please read on

The late Dr. Walter Martin points out in his Book, Essential Christianity, Vision House, Santa Anna, 1975, p. 21:

“No man can fully explain the Trinity, though in every age scholars have propounded theories and advanced hypotheses to explore this mysterious Biblical teaching. But despite the worthy efforts of these scholars, the Trinity is still largely incomprehensible to the mind of man. Perhaps the chief reason for this is that the Trinity is a-logical, or beyond logic. It, therefore, cannot be made subject to human reason or logic. Because of this, opponents of the doctrine argue that the idea of the Trinity must be rejected as untenable. Such thinking, however, makes man’s corrupted human reasoning the sole criterion for determining the truth of divine revelation”.

This highly respected scholar wants us to understand and believe what he too does not understand and cannot explain. Our ‘corrupted’ human reasoning easily accepts the fact that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that he died for our sins and that his blood can save us from destruction in the last day if we believe in him. But we cannot be condemned for not believing that Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God is, at the same time, the God to whom he is a Son.

If the Protestant Churches truly believe that Jesus Christ is the Almighty God himself, why not believe that Mary is the mother of Almighty God? Or are they now saying that Mary is not the mother of Jesus Christ who they call God? So therefore, if Jesus Christ is God, and Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ, then we need no Prophet to tell us that Mary is the mother of God, a demonic belief in itself which the Protestant Churches clearly reject.

The Trinity is not a divine revelation. It is a man made contraption that those who support it cannot explain themselves. They hide behind the fact that Almighty God says that His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts our thoughts to import pagan teachings into our faith. This is why they have largely succeeded in sneaking in questionable heresies into the Christian faith as directed by their master whom we all know.

One of the main reasons why I think that the Trinity Doctrine cannot be understood is that in the whole of the teachings of the Old and New Testaments the doctrine is not explicitly or implicitly insinuated. It is quite difficult to understand that Almighty God, whom we have all been taught is ONE from the time of Abraham down to Paul the Apostle, has suddenly been split into three, not by Jesus Christ himself nor his disciples but by men. And they want all men to believe this demonic teaching so they twist and deliberately misinterpret the scriptures to align with their teachings from the pit of hell.

In the words of John Wesley in Encyclopedia of 7700 Illustrations, Assurance Publishers, p. 504:

“Bring me a worm that can comprehend a man, and then I will show you a man that can comprehend the triune God.”

Men cannot understand the concept of a triune god because it is alien to the Bible. Deuteronomy 6:4 shouts from the heavens:

“Hear O Israel, the LORD thy God is one God”.
It didn’t say:

“Hear O Israel, the LORD thy God is a triune God”.

Catholic theologian Hans Kung in Christianity and the World Religions, gives his opinion on the issue as it concerns adherents of another popular monotheist religion:

"Even well-informed Muslims simply cannot follow, as the Jews thus far have likewise failed to grasp, the idea of the Trinity . . . The distinctions made by the doctrine of the Trinity between one God and three hypostases do not satisfy Muslims . . . Why should anyone want to add anything to the notion of God's oneness and uniqueness that can only dilute or nullify that oneness and uniqueness?" (Emphasis mine).

After adding their own personal interpretations to the scriptures they call those of us who refuse to believe in a doctrine formulated by demons clothed in man’s flesh ‘heretics’.

In the words of a scholar Francis David:

"We are judged to be heretics because we can no longer believe in essence, person, nature, incarnation, as they want us to believe. If these things are necessary for salvation, it is certain that no poor peasant Christian (can) be saved, because he could never understand them in all his life”. (Emphasis mine)

Those who believe in this Trinity thing sometimes do not pretend to understand what nobody can understand. It is clearly a case of one plus one plus one equals one, a simple misrepresentation of arithmetic that is only true in the warped minds of those who believe in the Trinity. Even a five year old child in kindergarten knows this is wrong but to them it is a mystery, a mystery about what is supposed to be the most fundamental teaching in the Bible.

In The Bible Knowledge Commentary, NT, John F. Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck, Editors, Victor Books, we read that:

“God in His existence as the Three-in-One is beyond the limits of human comprehension”.

The truth is that humans cannot comprehend it because it makes no sense. Every other thing taught in the Bible makes sense but not this one and it is simply because it is not a Biblical teaching. For one to teach something effectively he or she should at least understand what he is saying. How would one expect others to understand what he is teaching when he himself clearly agrees that he doesn’t understand it too?

I wish to make it clearly understood that I truly believe man cannot truly comprehend the nature of Almighty God. But this does not mean that we should accept a description of His nature from out of the scriptures. No one can give an accurate or near accurate description of God without His Word, the Holy Bible.

Almighty God gives a revelation of Himself, His Power, His Holy Spirit, His Dominion, His Presence, His Will and many more through His Son in a very clear and simple manner in the Bible. Sadly the simplicity with which He describes Himself baffled many to the extent that they feel He must be more complicated than that. This made them to fabricate words from without the Bible to 'explain' what the Bible says about Him.

The document that was released about the nature of God after the Trinity doctrine was formulated and made law in 381 AD is full of contradictory statements. Thinking they are wise they deliberately made the simple teachings about the nature of God more complex so that we will worship a 'God' that the Bible does not mention, a strange 'God' who is three but yet one. That 'God' is not the 'I Am' revealed in the Bible.

In the Book, The Outline of History, 1920, Vol.2 p.499, Historian and science fiction writer H.G. Wells stated that:

“There is no evidence that the apostles of Jesus ever heard of the Trinity—at any rate from him”.

Some learned Christians who learn from the Bible and do not depend on their ecclesial masters to reason for them also do not understand the doctrine and completely reject it as blasphemy against Almighty God. They believe that the concept of a Three-in-One ‘God’ is from a pagan origin.

In the past many with whom I share their views were killed by the then mighty no-nonsense Catholic Church or may not have had the opportunity of writing about it because they may not have been blessed with the talents to write. But some are more blessed and they wrote what was revealed to them as it is revealed to my person very clearly because I asked to know the truth. It was revealed by Grace.

One of such men is Victor Paul Wierwille, the author of Jesus Christ is not God, published in 1975. He writes:

"Long before the founding of Christianity the idea of a triune god or a god-in-three persons was a common belief in ancient religions. Although many of these religions had many minor deities, they distinctly acknowledged that there was one supreme God who consisted of three persons or essences. The Babylonians used an equilateral triangle to represent this three-in-one god, now the symbol of the modern three-in-one believers”. (Emphasis mine)

“The Hindu Trinity was made up of the gods Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. The Greek triad was composed of Zeus, Athena and Apollo. These three were said by the pagans to 'agree in one.' One of the largest pagan temples built by the Romans was constructed at Baalbek (situated in present day Lebanon) to their Trinity of Jupiter, Mercury and Venus. In Babylon the planet Venus was revered as special and was worshipped as a Trinity consisting of Venus, the moon and the sun. This triad became the Babylonian holy Trinity in the fourteenth century before Christ".

He continues:

"Although other religions, for thousands of years before Christ was born, worshipped a triune god, the Trinity was not a part of Christian dogma and formal documents of the first three centuries after Christ. That there was no formal, established doctrine of the Trinity until the fourth century is a fully documented historical fact”.

"Clearly, historians of church dogma and systematic theologians agree that the idea of a Christian Trinity was not a part of the first century church. The twelve apostles never subscribed to it or received revelation about it. So how then did a trinitarian doctrine come about? It gradually evolved and gained momentum in late first, second and third centuries as pagans, who had converted to Christianity, brought to Christianity some of their pagan beliefs and practices." (Emphasis mine).

Though much work has been done by those quoted in the previous section to relieve the stress of people reading the Bible over and over again to find out the truth about the Trinity, most people don’t bother to read them.

Let us now try to find out if the Trinity Doctrine is taught in the Bible. I would suggest that everyone reading this should have a version or more of the Holy Bible to refer to so as to understand what is being said here.
Re: CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? by whitestar01(m): 9:45am On Aug 16, 2017
Please check www.gotquestion.org You will be enlighten.

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH Students Are Foolish” – Controversial Blogger Kemi Olunloyo / Everybody Want To Blog Why? / Swamp Buggy 70m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.