Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Charly Boy And The Lost Generation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charly Boy And The Lost Generation? (297 Views)

How Charly Boy And Deji Danced Unclad In The Market Place / Obasanjo Visits Charly Boy And His Mother (Video) / Omojuwa Reacts To Police Shooting Charly Boy And Protesters With Water Canon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charly Boy And The Lost Generation? by zicoraads: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
Charley Boy and the Lost Generation?

It was the revered legend, Bob Marley who said that "I have no education. I have inspiration. If I have education, I would be a damned fool". In the last 24 hours, I have been stunned reading comments and views expressed by young educated Nigerians.

Charley Boy Oputa is a 66 year old grand father who reached the zenith of his chosen career while most of us were still toddlers. He is one of the very few Africans that defied culture, tradition and convention to prove that people can be anything they chose to be in life.He does not need to prove anything, he is Charley Boy, his life over the last 45 years is proof enough. He despised elitism and chose the street when millions of today's parents were fasting and praying for elitism and privilege.

This is a 66 year old grandfather who has seen it all, and lived it all. Heir to the Oputa clan, with name that can open any door. He could easily walk into any government office or corporate organisation and use his name and brand to get whatever he want and get whatever contract he desires. He belongs to the elite and the elite in this country, yet he chose the street to become "Area Father".

You are unemployed, even where you are employed, your job is threatened by a very hopeless system, and the future of your young children are equally threatened by a nation on auto-pilot fast heading to precipice.

Yet you are busy raining abuses on a grandfather who has had it all but is sacrificing his comforts to raise consciousness about the present state of affairs in this nation, fight for your future and the future of your unborn kids.

You are entitled to disagree with him, his method or his approach. But you are not entitled to disagree with his right to protest. Your political partisanship is eroding a very vital aspect of your being. Watch it.....

Ronald Reagan rightly stated that "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same".

You should be worried that you live in a country where citizens are not free to express themselves peacefully in any part of that country.

You should be worried that you live in a country where the law enforcement agencies cannot provide protection for citizens while they are expressing their rights as enshrined in the Constitution.

Stop majoring in the minor, and stop making comparisons that make no sense.

What is wrong is wrong!

By Kelechi Deca
Re: Charly Boy And The Lost Generation? by Penalty82(m): 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun fynestboi Pls move this to front page.

The youths of this generation has lost it.
Re: Charly Boy And The Lost Generation? by highchief3(m): 3:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
It breaks my heart when I look at this generation seeing how bleak their future is.
Re: Charly Boy And The Lost Generation? by rejoice4eva(m): 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
We are too silent, This is why they are taking us for granted. Thank God for those placing their lives on the line to create the needed awareness. What à nation.

(1) (Reply)

SERAP To Osinbajo: Improve Safety And Security Of EFCC Officials / Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow,says APC / The Military Has No Right To Monitor Social Media – Chuks Nwachukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.