Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,521 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms (26854 Views)

Nigerian Couple Arrested In India For Stealing Money From Atms / Nigerian Held Over The Death Of Guinean Prostitute In Conakry (photos) / Guyana - Nigerian Held Without Bail For $1.5M Credit Card Fraud (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Master07: 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
NEW DELHI: A Nigerian man has been arrested for cloning debit cards of over 100 people and withdrawing money fraudulently from their accounts. The victims had swiped their cards at ATMs in upscale south Delhi colonies.

The man identified as Kingsley had a unique modus operandi. Police said he would identify an ATM kiosk that didn't have a security guard around. He would go inside, rip open the card swiping slot of the machine and place a scanner behind it. Black tape would hold the device in place. Next, Kingsley would place a camera somewhere on the machine so that its focus would be on the keypad.

Whenever an ATM user swiped his card, the scanner would capture the details while the camera would record the PIN as the customer keyed it in. Once the customer stepped out, Kingsley would go inside, fetch the card reader and camera, and clone the card with the details. Then he would swipe the cloned card at other ATMs and withdraw money. In this way, customer after customer fell victim to Kingsley's fraud.

Until one day, a woman who operated an ATM near Hari Nagar found a large transaction done from her card long after she had withdrawn money. She immediately reported the matter to the police, who then obtained footage of CCTV cameras installed nearby.
Police spotted two black Africans entering the kiosk and got suspicious. They tracked one of them to a locality near Uttam Nagar. It was Kingsley. He was arrested.

During interrogation, Kingsley said that he had placed similar gadgets at an unguarded ATM near Rajendra Dhaba in Safdarjung Enclave and another in Mumbai with the help of his friend seen in the footage.
"We have seized the devices used to clone the cards and are scanning through Kingsley's laptops to find out the identities of the other customers. We have so far recovered the details of 110 customers in Delhi," said DCP (southwest) Surender Kumar.
A theft case has been registered and efforts are on to trace Kingsley's associate.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/nigerian-held-for-duping-100-by-cloning-cards/articleshow/60077483.cms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Horlaidex(m): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
I weep for my dear country.
cry

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
Flat head and heinous crime be like ojukwu and ivory coast

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Teewhy2: 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
Nigerians are good and intelligent people who succeeds in what ever they put their mind into, and when given a very good environment to operate they are unstoppable in what ever fields they are. A lot of Nigerians doing good things abroad are much but the ones with the criminal minds always spoil the name of the country by channeling their strength and intelligence into something negative all in the name of getting quick money to come and impress the elders and mates at home. No matter how cleaning and sparkling the white clothe you put on may look if there are few Oil stains on it people will not notice how white the cloth is but the stains will be what catches their attention.
Nigeria can only be great again if we start developing mind of "Not Only Me" and by tackling corruption from the Nuclear family, inculcating into our children good habits and letting them know the benefits in the long run of been a responsible citizen.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by 9jvirgin(m): 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
This is not about playing tribalism, most of my best friends are from the Igbo tribe and I use to have over 400 workers from the East at a time.
But it baffles me how a generation have decided to resort to unspeakable and indescribable crimes in unfortunate, deprived and underprivileged countries like India, Nepal, Cambodia and Indonesia. These are very poor countries with low life laws.

What is the desire to die in a hustle? Can this be a curse? My greatest concern is why these people will keep blaming everybody except themselves.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by LionDeLeo: 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2017
His face alone shows he is a criminal pig. Since your problem is soiling the image of this country to the detriment of Nigerians, you will continue to face the necessary justice.

The pig think it is in Nigeria where it jumps and start shouting justice after defrauding others, face your warrant there, dirty pig.

I understand Evans is already winning his case, no wahala, you are in a country where there is law.

27 Likes

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by IAmSkinny: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
NCAN, over to you. Nothing concern me.
Satanic photography secret, don't open if you are not a photographer please
http://www.fototech.com.ng/all-you-need-to-know-about-external-flashes/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by ODVanguard: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
Kingsley Igbo whyyyyy.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by lycan2: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
oyyyaaaa tribalistsss show yourself show your stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Oloruntobi4382(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
do
Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Badboiz(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
No comment

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by hizaya61(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
Today is my birthday, how many likes for me ?

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by seyizma(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
IPOBIANS, WE HAIL THEE!!!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by benzems(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
www.zamdtek.com/how-to-backup-your-contacts/
Get all your contacts where ever you go.
Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by mrNEMZY(m): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
Flat head and heinous crime be like ojukwu and ivory coast

Must you be tribal in every thing, anohia!

Useless AFONJA, how does kingsley sound Igbo to you?
Btw I thought dammy krane and other afonjas have monopoly of credit card related criminology

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by whizzyleejr(m): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
It's getting too much of this guys tanishing the name of the so called giant of africa, we are nothing less than a crimal even in our fellow african country

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by wolesmile(m): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
Nigerians abroard. Been negatively representing us from time immemorial!
Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hahaha 110 victims. Haba kilode! Afisé ni eleyi o

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Cityfirstborn(m): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
Kingsley Afolabi

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Earthquake1: 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
Judging from the conified shape of his head and the nature of his heinous crime, I judge him to be an AFONJA muslim.

40 Likes

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by joyfavour(f): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
ok
Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Wayne4uall(m): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
Na dem

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Giddiebabalaw(m): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
Choi..... Again?
Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by wellmax(m): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
Na them oo, awon developers

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Abbeywest(m): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
Kingsley�

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by EmekaBlue(m): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
Idiots will come and tag him igbo. Hate has blinded u all igbo haters....i wonder y d hate fr igbos sef.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by brainpulse: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
Kingsley Chukwudi

cheesy
This is what I posted last week..

1. Malaysia- developer,largest producer & distributor of meth
2. Singapore- developer, sole importer of cocaine, heroin & others
3. China- Initiator/collaborator to produce all fake products for development of the world.
4. South Africa- Chieftain of all frauds & drug cabals/cartels
5. India- fraud developer, free agents & distributor of all kinds of hard drugs

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Held In India For Duping By Cloning Cards At Atms by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
Na dem, the pig and piglets, na dem they develop other countries

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Notorious Traffic Robber Arrested By Security Operatives During Operation. Photo / Son Dies Chasing Father’s Kidnappers In Onitsha / Uche Igwe Re-Arraigned For ‘Sharing’ Chrisland’s Julie Anke’s Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.