Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,129 members, 7,807,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Virtual Reality On A Website - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Virtual Reality On A Website (1789 Views)

Is Business Ready For Virtual Reality Technology? / Augmented And Virtual Reality Meetup / VR (virtual Reality) Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virtual Reality On A Website by martfrank(m): 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
I incidentally saw a VR functionality on a website. I was wondering, how can that be achieved in a website? Any idea or opinion is highly welcomed.
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by donsheddy1(m): 8:52am On Aug 17, 2017
martfrank:
I incidentally saw a VR functionality on a website. I was wondering, how can that be achieved in a website? Any idea or opinion is highly welcomed.
Why are you wondering, Is youtube not a website that plays 360 degree videos? Just know there are 360 degree players out there funny enough you don't need one sophisticated machine to do that.
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by martfrank(m): 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
donsheddy1:
Why are you wondering, Is youtube not a website that plays 360 degree videos? Just know there are 360 degree players out there funny enough you don't need one sophisticated machine to do that.

How can I achieve this on a website.
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
Virtuality Reality on a browser is no biggie , because your browser has WebGL so you can use either BabylonJS or ThreeJS, but you must know that VR on the browser is them emulating VR scenes I don't think its the pure VR you are seeing because WebVR standardization hasn't been perfected, the 3d frameworks are just rendering the scenes on twice one on left and the right to give that VR feeling. Besides when you say VR on the web did you test with a 3d glasses or which ?

Note: Get ready to learn 3d maths and physics oh
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
martfrank:

You just use a game engine that supports HTML5 deployment such as Unity. Create your VR Game or Simulation in the engine and deploy as an HTML5 app.
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

You just use a game engine that supports HTML5 deployment such as Unity. Create your VR Game or Simulation in the engine and deploy as an HTML5 app.

And export almost a GB worth of file ? Its too large babylonJS is lighter
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2017
pcguru1:

And export almost a GB worth of file ? Its too large babylonJS is lighter

What do you expect? BabylonJS is lighter but less effective.

If you want VR go and get the required hardware, AAA studios really care a bit less about backwards compatibility these days. If you want advanced VR, you know what to do. When you now end up using Babylon people will be condemning the quality.
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 19, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

What do you expect? BabylonJS is lighter but less effective.

If you want VR go and get the required hardware, AAA studios really care a bit less about backwards compatibility these days. If you want advanced VR, you know what to do. When you now end up using Babylon people will be condemning the quality.

are we talking about Unity with the Plugin on the browser or Unity exporting to WebGL, because if it's WebGL i don't get what you mean by less effective when both will be targetting the same WebGL Specification and WebVR.
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2017
pcguru1:

are we talking about Unity with the Plugin on the browser or Unity exporting to WebGL, because if it's WebGL i don't get what you mean by less effective when both will be targetting the same WebGL Specification and WebVR.

You can't compare a full scale software to a JavaScript library/Plugin... get me now?
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

You can't compare a full scale software to a JavaScript library/Plugin... get me now?

Are you referring the to plugin because there's Unity Plugin and Unity HTML5 , if its the HTML5 then its the same thing.
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
I just realized you are talking about the tool I thought you meant one would be more faster cuz it's unity, yeah Unity is a better tool but most complains from blogs is the size of export,
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oh I'm glad you get my point now...

pcguru1:
I just realized you are talking about the tool I thought you meant one would be more faster cuz it's unity, yeah Unity is a better tool but most complains from blogs is the size of export,
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by ACFreeHost: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
Are you a website developer or a web designer and you need a reliable hosting server provider to host your website for FREE and Adverts FREE? That's why ACFreeHost is here to make that possible for you Publishers, just all you need is to visit www.acfreehost.com and register then you are good to go. No Adverts on your sites, No disk limite, No bandwidth limite e.t.c. Don't worry all are FREE and if you have any question their pleased to assist you. So visit www.acfreehost.com and register Now.!!

VISIT : [url]WWW.ACFREEHOST.COM[/url]
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by GenghisAlexa1(m): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2018
pcguru1:

I wanna ask tho.
is it possible to create a lightweight configurator for the web that allows professionals to export multiobject 3d models from apps like unity which the end user can then edit in VR over the web?
Re: Virtual Reality On A Website by GenghisAlexa1(m): 4:18am On Jun 16, 2018
I just found an awesome tool called A-frame. Makes webvr soooo easy to create. My past is catching up to me tho, now i know I shoulda been more serious with java script.

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Phone Programming / How To Build A One-on-one Chat Im With Phpsockets.io / Github Profile Finder App Using Angular 2 Featuring DHTML

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.