Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage (21419 Views)

Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? / 7 Ways To Know If The Man You're Dating Will Eventually Marry You. / Tips To Make The Man You're Dating Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2010
This is an advice from a big sis to the younger girls so you don't waste your precious time with Mr wrong.
Remember that any further  date with the wrong man is a missed opportunity to meet the right one. wink
be wise my sisters and don't let these men play you.

1. First and foremost, if you've been going out with a guy you think will pop the question and weeks turn to months and more months and you've never met or spoken with his mother.
You are not the one.
Start shopping around for a more serious person
yes you heard me
cast your net into the deep and see what else is out there because he is doing just that. He has you tied down while looking for a more eligible marriage material.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2010
2. He doesn't return your calls and comes up wth such lines as
"I forgot my phone at home"
"I forgot my phone in the car"
"I misplaced my phone"

My dear sisters, the man has moved on,he's not feeling you anymore and doesn't know how to break the news.
You need to move on too.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:21pm On Feb 16, 2010

He says all the right things and gets you the gifts as and when required but never ever gets that ring to seal the deal, you ought to re-evaluate the relationship.
Mr nice may just be mr playa.
Mr smooth operator
Flee as fast as you can while you still have viable eggs in your ovaries.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by chika98: 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2010
We all know that. grin Never met his friends, family or you guys never go out to where people know him then you aren't a serious chic to him
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2010

He has you playing house already
doing his cooking, laundry, errands but no one in his immediate family knows who you are.
You've never been to his family functions,hmm time to think.
If indeed you want marriage and all you are is a maid service with bed privileges, that may be all you're worth to him.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by luvbooks(f): 7:25pm On Feb 16, 2010
0hsisi:

He says all the right things and gets you the gifts as and when required but never ever gets that ring to seal the deal, you ought to re-evaluate the relationship.
Mr nice may just be mr playa.
Mr smooth operator
Flee as fast as you can while you still have viable eggs in your ovaries.

Lol @ the bolded part . . . Tru talk tho.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2010
chika98:

We all know that. grin Never met his friends, family or you guys never go out to where people know him then you aren't a serious chic to him

My dear speak for yourself o
You may be shocked how many girls don't.Some of these men can smooth talk some girls to believe anything
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 16, 2010
I think number 1 is the frankest truth.  grin
Only a potential can meet my mother, the rest will just have to put up with excuses.

why do women have a problem understanding #2? grin If you call me twice, leave text messages and a voice mail with no response within 1 hr pls hit the road. There is NO WAY i will ignore calls from someone i deeply care for.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:31pm On Feb 16, 2010
luvbooks:

Lol @ the bolded part . . . Tru talk tho.

My dear it is true
I am speaking from the experience of a host of friends and stories upon stories.
Some men can be heartless and some women stoopid.
How can a girl date a man for 5,7,10 years and no show.
Is she brainless?
a man will tie down a 24 year old girl  at the prime of her life for 10 years.
when all is said and done,she is a 34 year old bitter woman and he'll tell her she's too old for him to marry perhaps after some abortions etc.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by denzel2009: 7:32pm On Feb 16, 2010
davidylan:

I think number 1 is the frankest truth.  grin
Only a potential can meet my mother, the rest will just have to put up with excuses.

why do women have a problem understanding #2?  grin If you call me twice, leave text messages and a voice mail with no response within 1 hr pls hit the road. There is NO WAY i will ignore calls from someone i deeply care for.

Even if the mother is in heaven?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by chika98: 7:33pm On Feb 16, 2010
0hsisi:

My dear it is true
I am speaking from the experience of a host of friends and stories upon stories.
Some men can be heartless and some women stoopid.
How can a girl date a man for 5,7,10 years and no show.
Is she brainless?
a man will tie down a 24 year old girl  at the prime of her life for 10 years.
when all is said and done,she is a 34 year old bitter woman and he'll tell her she's too old for him to marry perhaps after some abortions etc.

The thing is he'll date her for years then wife a chic he met in Florida when he went there for a vacation. When a man meets that one girl he wants to be with he is excited about it and doesn't waste time. All that I must date you for so and so years is crap!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by chika98: 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2010
denzel2009:

Then he will have her meet whomever he sees as a mother figure in his life. If he's father is alive or if not his elder siblings that he looks up to and respect. A chic should know what time it is when these things never happen
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2010
chika98:

The thing is he'll date her for years then wife a chic he met in Florida when he went there for a vacation. When a man meets that one girl he wants to be with he is excited about it and doesn't waste time. All that I must date you for so and so years is crap!

Gbam! Enough said.

denzel2009:

He will make sure she meets other members of his family and his best friends.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2010
davidylan:

I think number 1 is the frankest truth.  grin

why do women have a problem understanding #2? grin If you call me twice, leave text messages and a voice mail with no response within 1 hr pls hit the road. There is NO WAY i will ignore calls from someone i deeply care for.

Thank you!
I told a close friend the same thing recently and she finally wisened up.
her so called man returned her call after 2 or 3 days claiming he was swarmed with work and I told her the naked truth.
Stop calling and making a fool of your fine self!!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by googles: 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2010
[size=13pt]but i know a guy who took a chic to his mama
cares for her as hell
but have no intentions towards marrying her
methinks all these things dont follow joo
and why do i have to make marriage paramount in my relationships
its just an overrated institution jare[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2010
The most annoying of all that I wish I could scream from the rooftops.
hear me all women
if a man finally "engages you"  and you are stuck as fiancee for years
[size=24pt]Mooooooveeeeeeeeeeee Ooooooooooooooooon[/size]

No man will keep his real lady waiting.
You ain't the one
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2010
googles:

cares for her as hell

Read the title again dear.
This is not about you and your likes and dislikes
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by chika98: 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2010
LOL moving on sometimes is easier said than done but we should all do what must be done
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2010
googles:

cares for her as hell

Marriage is not over-rated, you only feel that way because you have been on the short end of the stick when it comes to men seriously willing to take you down that path.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2010
chika98:

LOL moving on sometimes is easier said than done but we should all do what must be done

Yes but it can be done
you can't be stuck in a relationship that's going no where for you when you want marriage
some will even get pikins with their fiancee
ROFL
I no fit laff
one pikin, I can even understand,we all make mistakes but I can't imagine a trailer load of kids with a fiance
God forbid!!
the lady has been milked for free
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by googles: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2010
0hsisi:

Read the title again dear.
This is not about you and your likes and dislikes

How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage

[size=13pt]funny how you contradict yourself big sister smiley smiley[/size]
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by chika98: 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2010
0hsisi:

Yes but it can be done
you can't be stuck in a relationship that's going no where for you when you want marriage
some will even get pikins with their fiancee
ROFL
I no fit laff
one pikin, I can even understand,we all make mistakes but I can't imagine a trailer load of kids with a fiance
God forbid!!
the lady has been milked for free

That having children bit I don't agree with. Children shouldn't be the driving force for a man to marry you. That is why women should get with like minded men. If a guy says he isn't ready for something serious till 4-5years from now then take his word for it and take a hike! Don't sit around thinking you'll change him because you're so awesome; I call that delusions for a deluded soul. Move forward and find someone who is truly looking for something serious
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2010
davidylan:

Marriage is not over-rated, you only feel that way because you have been on the short end of the stick when it comes to men seriously willing to take you down that path.

You are the type of woman all unserious men like me are looking for.  grin Free intimacy without the pressure of a commitment.

ROFL
The same way some will rather ride Toyota tercel than a lexus.
Lexus is overrated grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2010
chika98:

That having children bit I don't agree with. Children shouldn't be the driving force for a man to marry you. That is why women should get with like minded men. If a guy says he isn't ready for something serious till 4-5years from now then take his word for it and take a hike! Don't sit around thinking you'll change him because you're so awesome; I call that delusions for a deluded soul. Move forward and find someone who is truly looking for something serious

Are you following my argument?
what is a fiancee/fiance?
when a man places a ring on your finger asks "will you marry me"? we assume he intends to marry you abi?
so why move in and procreate babies with a fiance?
why not marry than play house
that is my point.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2010
Reminds me of someone i know here . . . smart dude keeps a gf (been dating for 7yrs) in NYC while another idiot spends all her time fantasising about him here. She must have spent over $1500 on him so far and they just met about a month ago. Well turns out none of us is complaining, the silly chic cooked for all of us for the week and just asked that we send her a list of food we'd want for next week. We're compiling the list already . . . no harm in milking a brainless woman dry until she learns her lesson.  cheesy
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by chika98: 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2010
0hsisi:

Are you following my argument?

We are on the same page!

davidylan:

Reminds me of someone i know here . . . smart dude keeps a gf (been dating for 7yrs) in NYC while another idiot spends all her time fantasising about him here. She must have spent over $1500 on him so far and they just met about a month ago. Well turns out none of us is complaining, the silly chic cooked for all of us for the week and just asked that we send her a list of food we'd want for next week. We're compiling the list already . . . no harm in milking a brainless woman dry until she learns her lesson.  cheesy

I wouldnt mind googles either, i think marriage is over-rated too. grin

He heeeeee this is the bit that annoys me. When women think that by cooking and dining a man he'll take notice. Keep giving away the goodies for free grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2010
davidylan:

Reminds me of someone i know here . . . smart dude keeps a gf (been dating for 7yrs) in NYC while another idiot spends all her time fantasising about him here. She must have spent over $1500 on him so far and they just met about a month ago. Well turns out none of us is complaining, the silly chic cooked for all of us for the week and just asked that we send her a list of food we'd want for next week. We're compiling the list already . . . no harm in milking a brainless woman dry until she learns her lesson.  cheesy

I wouldnt mind googles either, i think marriage is over-rated too. grin

Please tell me who that girl is let me give her a hot slap to jolt her into reality.
I hope she reads this thread
I can adopt her and hammer some sense into her head

you sef why are you eating her ukazi soup and the okporoko and goat meat therein grin
God forgive you
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2010
Girls abeg stop being desperate
Never ever spend money thinking you'll buy a man's love
see how they make fun of you
listen to davidylan
na laff them dey laff you as they use toothpick to comot the meat from their cavities.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2010
chika98:

He heeeeee this is the bit that annoys me. When women think that by cooking and dining a man he'll take notice. Keep giving away the goodies for free grin

Dude bagged himself a blackberry worth about $350 a few days ago from the same chic. Lucky fellow.

0hsisi:

Please tell me who that girl is let me give her a hot slap to jolt her into reality.
I hope she reads this thread
I can adopt her and hammer some sense into her head

you sef why are you eating her ukazi soup and the okporoko and goat meat therein grin
God forgive you

Abeg no slap am yet o, that girl sabi cook well well! grin
Okra soup is still sitting in my fridge since saturday . . . another chic cooked that one for no reason and sent it oh! Women are indeed a blessing. grin
Please do not stop peddling your selves for free.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by chika98: 8:18pm On Feb 16, 2010
davidylan:

Dude bagged himself a blackberry worth about $350 a few days ago from the same chic. Lucky fellow.

Okra soup is still sitting in my fridge since saturday . . . another chic cooked that one for no reason and sent it oh! Women are indeed a blessing. grin

Oh wow grin grin grin shocked
Sadly many women will continue to be a mugu until they learn their lessons.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by googles: 8:21pm On Feb 16, 2010
davidylan:

You are the type of woman all unserious men like me are looking for.  grin Free intimacy without the pressure of a commitment.

[size=13pt]yes marriage is sooo overrated do you check the statistics of divorce cases we have all over the world now ??
hmm hmm i dont think so,pple dont take their time they just rush into the institution just to join the mr and mrs bandwagon
and as for you attacking my personality that was uncalled for just to set ur crooked record straight am not ready for marriage
so am not talking outta bitterness orprejudice am just stating the obvious in the society
the last line of your post was just totally uncalled for  smiley [/size]
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 8:24pm On Feb 16, 2010
davidylan:

Please who is the girl
is she into women grin grin grin
I need her for myself wink wink
I need the new google nexus phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When You Propose And She Slaps You & Reacts This Way / A Valentine's day Message Most Nigerian Girls Won't Appreciate / Hypocrisy of men claiming Alpha male online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.