Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage (21410 Views)

Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? / 7 Ways To Know If The Man You're Dating Will Eventually Marry You. / Tips To Make The Man You're Dating Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 17, 2010
stillwater:

Which protection? What really matters is what you have instilled in her, not the unnecessary caging.

That is true but it doesnt remove the fact that she is still a woman, sometimes vulnerable to that smooth-talking, confident-looking, christian "brother" whom she thinks is God's gift to her. Believe me . . . there are so many things we dont see in our limited wisdom that only parents (especially mothers) can spot from a mile away.

Living with me and their mum is not equal to caging. They can go if they want but its in their best interest to wait until their God-send comes for their hands in marriage.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

That is true but it doesnt remove the fact that she is still a woman, sometimes vulnerable to that smooth-talking, confident-looking, christian "brother" whom she thinks is God's gift to her. Believe me . . . there are so many things we dont see in our limited wisdom that only parents (especially mothers) can spot from a mile away.

Living with me and their mum is not equal to caging. They can go if they want but its in their best interest to wait until their God-send comes for their hands in marriage.

When she is done with her studies, send her packing.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by netotse(m): 1:11am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

word. . .but before u get carried away with this your line of reasoning, remember chances are y'all wont all live in the same state. . .
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 17, 2010
Those caged-in, over-protected daughters are the ones who fall into the traps of the psychopathic deceitful men.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 17, 2010
michelin89:

When she is done with her studies, send her packing.

because na you born am for me abi?

Ebonyeyes:

Those caged-in, over-protected daughters are the ones who fall into the traps of the psychopathic deceitful men.

This is absolutely false. The uncaged, unprotected daughters have not shown us they are any better at dealing with the unscrupulous men out there. My cousins are just as "over-protected" . . . they are doing just fine. Their "friends" who flew the coop at 17 in the name of freedom? A lot of them brought back pregnancies to their parents.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 17, 2010
netotse:

player hater(can u say that in yoruba?)

Nope.

michelin89:

@ topic

I guess any man who wants to get married shouldn't waste his time with me then.

You're still young now. cheesy

davidylan:

It can equal to caging especially if every single step you take you have to take permission and you are a supposed 'adult'?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

because na you born am for me abi?

Maybe I don already get one for you. tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 17, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Not true. They might have their faults but they don't fall easily at the whims of a man. While growing up it was actually the ones that they could go out any time they liked that ended up with belle or some bad reputation. cheesy
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 17, 2010
michelin89:

Maybe I don already get one for you. tongue

Chukwu forbid.  grin

stillwater:

It can equal to caging especially if every single step you take you have to take permission and you are a supposed 'adult'?

No they dont have to take permission to go out . . . why would they? they simply have to let us know where they will be as responsible members of a household where we each look out for the other. For all the "adults" out there . . . they havent shown us they are any better anyway.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:22am On Feb 17, 2010
Well we all know Karma is a helluva a thing so I hope David hasnt been tricking off girls because as Karma they say is visited on the kids and grand kids no matter how much you protect your kids.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

Chukwu forbid.  grin

No they dont have to take permission to go out . . . why would they? they simply have to let us know where they will be as responsible members of a household where we each look out for the other. For all the "adults" out there . . . they havent shown us they are any better anyway.

Wait, as old as you are now would you still like to live with your parents? cheesy
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:25am On Feb 17, 2010
stillwater:

Wait, as old as you are now would you still like to live with your parents? cheesy

I'm a man, culturally that will be seen as irresponsible.

Ebonyeyes:

Well we all know Karma is a helluva a thing so I hope David hasnt been tricking off girls because as Karma they say is visited on the kids and grand kids no matter how much you protect your kids.

Karma doesnt exist. smiley
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

I'm a man, culturally that will be seen as irresponsible.

Lol, forget culture, you wouldn't want to stay under the supervision of your parents.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 17, 2010
You will be singing a different song in 20-25yrs time when your daughter comes home crying about psychopathic goons wink Nature always has its way of reversing evil and meting out appropriate punishments. The bible also supports this argument saying the sins of the fathers will be visited on their children and great grand children.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 17, 2010
stillwater:

Lol, forget culture, you wouldn't want to stay under the supervision of your parents.

If i were a woman i'd see nothing wrong with it. I'd be saving money meant for rent anyway.

Ebonyeyes:

You will be singing a different song in 20-25yrs time when your daughter comes home crying about psychopathic goons wink Nature always has its way of reversing evil and meting out appropriate punishments. The bible also supports this argument saying the sins of the fathers will be visited on their children and great grand children.

The bible also reversed this rule in the book of Ezekiel. It no longer applies . . . my daughters will not reap what i sowed. I didnt even sow anything bad. grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 17, 2010
Call me in 20-25yrs time wink wink
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:31am On Feb 17, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Call me in 20-25yrs time wink wink

you may end up as their mother for all you know. grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

If i were a woman i'd see nothing wrong with it. I'd be saving money meant for rent anyway.

Because a woman should love to be supervised. cheesy
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

you may end up as their mother for all you know.  grin
I pray I meet a good man without a shady past so that our kids will have a good life not men who tricked out alot of females.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 17, 2010
stillwater:

Because a woman should love to be supervised. cheesy

Its not supervision, its love and care.

Ebonyeyes:

I pray I meet a good man without a shady past so that our kids will have a good life not men who tricked out alot of females.

you just met the right dude i tell you. grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 17, 2010
You would say that wouldnt you? Even psychopathic goons claim they are good guys grin grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:37am On Feb 17, 2010
Everyone's got to toot his own horn eh.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:39am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

Its not supervision, its love and care.

I'm not doubting the love and care just the breathing space. As an adult you need to start making decisions for yourself not through some figure head. Who likes that?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:46am On Feb 17, 2010
stillwater:

I'm not doubting the love and care just the breathing space. As an adult you need to start making decisions for yourself not through some figure head. Who likes that?

How does living with your parents mean you dont have breathing space and that they make decisions for you?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:49am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

How does living with your parents mean you dont have breathing space and that they make decisions for you?

Nothing o, my bad.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by lordkrato(m): 2:20am On Feb 17, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Funny, That means the Dude you dulled while in school abi? Seriously,the human race is funny-selfish.Date the Hot guy,the Marry The Boy-Is-Good Guy.
Check out the Male Virgin Thread, They way the female responded, omo,i pity male virgins tire,

Karma Dey, Not the way you think
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 2:35am On Feb 17, 2010
lord krato:

Funny, That means the Dude you dulled while in school abi? Seriously,the human race is funny-selfish.Date the Hot guy,the Marry The Boy-Is-Good Guy.
Check out the Male Virgin Thread, They way the female responded, omo,i pity male virgins tire,

Karma Dey, Not the way you think
And if you noticed, I was supportive of the male-virgins, maybe you should go back and check that thread out. I said we would learn together. Karma is there and it happens in many odd ways.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 3:12am On Feb 17, 2010

The other stoopid thing people do is dating a married man who promises you he'll leave his wife for you.
If you fall for that line you're  a goat grin
99% of the time they don't leave their wives
your most exalted position will be that of a mistress,a standby
flee before you develop sudden wrinkles like a white girl!!!!!!!
find you an unattached man
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 3:17am On Feb 17, 2010

Another dumb one which I know someone did
lending a man money to divorce his estranged wife
are you insane?
You might as well give him dowry too grin
If he's not running helter skelter to gather money for the divorce and you have to offer to do it for him,you need some hot slaps.
desperado.
The man is not ready to get married,get away from there.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 3:20am On Feb 17, 2010

another sorry line
"My people are against me marrying someone from your area".
"They insist I must marry an Igbo girl"
make I laff first
hohohohoho,hehehehehe,hahahahaha
na man you wan marry abi na ya fellow woman
that is a lie from the pit of hell
run as fast as your ikebe can carry you cheesy
he has found a girl from his tribe, has her on standby and wants to blame the break up on his parents and relatives because he's too chicken to tell you the truth.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 3:24am On Feb 17, 2010

Another one

"My elder brother is not yet married,I need to wait for him to marry first"

Ladies , start shopping around, that relationship is going nowhere.
Make yourself available and keep him on standby too,he already has you on standby
be wise. wink
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 3:28am On Feb 17, 2010
0hsisi:

Another one

"My elder brother is not yet married,I need to wait for him to marry first"

Ladies , start shopping around, that relationship is going nowhere.
Make yourself available and keep him on standby too,he already has you on standby
be wise. wink

Not often used . . . i havent heard this in a long time . . .

0hsisi:

another sorry line
"My people are against me marrying someone from your area".
"They insist I must marry an Igbo girl"
make I laff first
hohohohoho,hehehehehe,hahahahaha
na man you wan marry abi na ya fellow woman
that is a lie from the pit of hell
run as fast as your ikebe can carry you cheesy
he has found a girl from his tribe, has her on standby and wants to blame the break up on his parents and relatives because he's too chicken to tell you the truth.

Very common, very effective and can be used to make urself look the victim. grin Famous alternatives to this may be . . .

"my mother will not accept you" . . . (i've used this a couple of times)
"our churches are incompatible" e.t.c.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It / When You Propose And She Slaps You & Reacts This Way / Hypocrisy of men claiming Alpha male online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.