Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:52 AM

The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. (24843 Views)

Mobius Motors: A Look At Kenya's Indigenous Car Maker - Photos / The All New 2019 Honda Pilot Is Finally Here (photos) / Nigeria First Indeginous Made In Nigeria Mrap(mine Resistant Ambush Protected) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by rabzy: 10:06am On Aug 17, 2017
Who be this people wey dey talk about tyres. Proforce is making an MRAP, not a tank or a hyrid MRAP. MRAPs dont have tracked or armoured wheels period. The day proforce build a tank then we would compare it with other tanks.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by kolexy(m): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2017
Ihatepork:
This is nice. God bless the SW and all Yorubas. There is also Obasa Vehicles in Ekiti and JAC assembly plant in Lagos. Meanwhile, Ps and Is from landlocked, erosion republic rn.

I don't understand why Obasa Speciality Vehicles have been so quiet.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 17, 2017
GloryIsaac:

You're definitely missing the point... below is a pic of an American MRAP and i can't see any chains on it.
GOD BLESS U. NIGERIA FAKE FAKE. YOLOBA B FORMING WITH RUBBISH MRAP.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by luluman: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:
Giant with the legs of an ant sad

After all the body armor, the vehicle is still fitted with rubber tyres undecided

If a mine blows those tyres apart, then the people in that vehicle are sitting ducks sad

Reminds me of that movie 'Fury'.. . Starring Brad Pitt sad
Three gbosa for bad belle.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 17, 2017
RUBBISH VEHICLE. FAKE NONSENSE. EVEN CHRISTMAS BANGER WILL DESTROY THIS ONE SEF. NO DRIVE THIS LOCAL MRAP FOR FESTAC 22ROAD FOR NEW YEARS EVE O. THOSE BOYS GO USE BANGER DISFIGURE AM grin
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by alfanio(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

Sir, then you have no idea of a mine's effect... When a mine is done with those wheels, there will most likely only be squeezed and shredded metal where those tyres used to be sad

Please tell me the vehicle can run without wheels as well sad
This video should answer a lot of your questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqiA0fnBorQ

4 Likes

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by ottohan: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

After all the body armor, the vehicle is still fitted with rubber tyres undecided

If a mine blows those tyres apart, then the people in that vehicle are sitting ducks sad

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by naturefellow(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2017
Dupalmer:
wow highly commendable especially for the fact that it is indigenous but are the tyres mine resistant too. just asking
good question! Every other thing feels right except this black rubber tyres.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by neighy(m): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2017
Some people just want to comment.. Iont know the joy in criticising anything Nigerian.. If dem build tank dem go say e no fine dem build MRAP dem say e for get track and not tyres but if america use aluminium condemn dem go say e make sense with state of the art technology n its the next best thing after agege bread
some said it was coupled and not manufactured i wonder what they will say about igirigi
some dont evem know the use of MRAP dey dont even know proforce is a private company buh since its Made In Nigeria make we criticise .. NAIJA WHICH WAY??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Caseless: 10:29am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

do you really understand the technology behind mine resistance vehicle? The ones built by americans and given to us are not on tyres?
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Xmen149(m): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2017
We will take it serious when we see a video where it is beign tested to prove the quality,...untill then,.later grin grin
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Caseless: 10:32am On Aug 17, 2017
neighy:
Some people just want to comment.. Iont know the joy in criticising anything Nigerian.. If dem build tank dem go say e no fine dem build MRAP dem say e for get track and not tyres but if america use aluminium condemn dem go say e make sense with state of the art technology n its the next best thing after agege bread
some said it was coupled and not manufactured i wonder what they will say about igirigi
some dont evem know the use of MRAP dey dont even know proforce is a private company buh since its Made In Nigeria make we criticise .. NAIJA WHICH WAY??
next best thing after agege bread got me laughing. Don't mind the fools.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Klington: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2017
the video of where it's moving or idonbelieveit. It's possible it has no engine. And which part was 100% manufactured in nigerian.

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Klington: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2017
Dupalmer:
wow highly commendable especially for the fact that it is indigenous but are the tyres mine resistant too. just asking
are the Tyres made in nigerian.

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by brownhawk: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

thunder fire you mehn. why you dey mess my country effort. or how can u differentiate a different tire quality from the photo
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by 0b100100111: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2017
fxbot:
Are these really manufacturing or parts assemblage? To the best of my knowledge Nigeria does not have the capacity to MANUFACTURE any car, they one Assemble. FACT!

We should stop abusing the word abeg. No Nigerian company manufacture any car.. from Innoson to Proforce. Na assemblage all dey do.

And what does Toyota, Mercedes, Honda and the likes do?
Hello! They all assemble.

No car plant produces all its body part and accessories #FACT

1 Like

Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Markfemi2: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2017
Ihatepork:
This is nice. God bless the SW and all Yorubas. There is also Obasa Vehicles in Ekiti and JAC assembly plant in Lagos. Meanwhile, Ps and Is from landlocked, erosion republic rn.

grin grin grin
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2017
Oodua lo le se!
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by brownhawk: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2017
fxbot:
Are these really manufacturing or parts assemblage? To the best of my knowledge Nigeria does not have the capacity to MANUFACTURE any car, they one Assemble. FACT!

We should stop abusing the word abeg. No Nigerian company manufacture any car.. from Innoson to Proforce. Na assemblage all dey do.
mumu perhaps if u do research on Nigeria army history and proforce on Wikipedia, you would know about proforce capacity.

like I always, reason can never enter a ****head
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Fearlez: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

MRAP vehicles are designed to save the soldiers first and not the car. Even if the tyres are made of iron wheels, a mine can still flip the vehicle and tilt it over rendering it immoveable.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by adetayo234: 10:59am On Aug 17, 2017
Zeze06:
I pray it works
I pray it doesn't go off in battle front,

besides, I shouldn't even believe it cos Nigerian government can stage anything just to give themselves credit...

And draw more zombies to themselves.... cry

They can always carry out tests before launch
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Zeze06(m): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2017
I treat each case by merit, am one of the very few Nigerians that are sentiments free...

yahmohy27:
You ll believe if it was announced from Biafra republic
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by adetayo234: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2017
fxbot:

Maybe they didn't make the engine, but they would have made the parts
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by jumpmasta(m): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

Don't be in a hurry to criticize negatively,even the American,Chinese and South African MRAPS run on Tires
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by adetayo234: 11:03am On Aug 17, 2017
maxiuc:
Ogun state

Skulland capital territory

That's good

Something to smile and be happy about coming from Ogun state

Stupid Igbo from Muddyland trying to play smart like a drowning man grasping at straws
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Zeze06(m): 11:05am On Aug 17, 2017
I know,
But I heard of a States governor that claimed to have started pencil and toothpick production in his state...

Meanwhile all the items presented to the media were imported....imagine the deceit cry

adetayo234:

They can always carry out tests before launch
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by FullDepth1: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

You watched fury, yet you make this petty comment.
In Fury, did you listen to what was said about the ripped wheel? When asked, he said "It can Be Fixed"
The idea is to keep the soldiers safe inside irrespective of the mine they climbed, and not rip part or the entire vehicle apart. While the Tyres are fixed.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Uglyojuku: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2017
Xbee007:
PROFORCE has finally released the final prototype of its long awaited Mine Resistance Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle. It is a very huge and beautiful beast. And it is proudly made in Nigeria by Proforce. Named ARA (THUNDER), it is a testimony of Nigerians' ingenuity. At least 9 units are currently on order by the Nigerian Army.
God bless Nigeria, God bless us all!
Cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44

WOW!!!!
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by jumpmasta(m): 11:11am On Aug 17, 2017
greenpasture:

I am not aware that tyres can be anything other than rubber. The objective of the vehicle is primarily to safeguard the occupants from the blast hence the high lift and armour.

You probably are not aware of the concept of force complements. These vehicles don't travel alone and they are heavily armed. In the event that one of them is disabled, then expect a full and targeted response from the accompanying forces. I strongly suspect that these are run flat tyres. It will need a grenade launcher to disable them. Blast yes...happens to any MRV.
Proforce is heavy on research and you can be sure this replaces the south african variants we have been using.
http://proforcedefence.com/
God bless You kiss
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by adetayo234: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2017
Zeze06:
I know,
But I heard of a States governor that claimed to have started pencil and toothpick production in his state...

Meanwhile all the items presented to the media were imported....imagine the deceit cry

Anything is possible, but the testing can be made public.
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by Gbengadaniel12: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2017
buygala:

Sir, then you have no idea of a mine's effect... When a mine is done with those wheels, there will most likely only be squeezed and shredded metal where those tyres used to be sad

Please tell me the vehicle can run without wheels as well sad
you are very dumb, all MRAP runs on rubber tires, a little Google search could have helped you out
Re: The First Indigenous MRAP Is Finally Here. by buygala(m): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2017
FullDepth1:

You watched fury, yet you make this petty comment.
In Fury, did you listen to what was said about the ripped wheel? When asked, he said "It can Be Fixed"
The idea is to keep the soldiers safe inside irrespective of the mine they climbed, and not rip part or the entire vehicle apart. While the Tyres are fixed.

Totally disappointed In you. (Especially knowing you watched Fury. You didnt learn anything from it)

'it can be fixed' is much different from 'it can be fixed quickly and immediately without much risk'... . Since you watched the movie, I suppose you know how it all ended sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N90million Koenigsegg Regera’s Key Is The Most Expensive Car Key In The World / Man Destroys Maserati Because He Was Angry With Dealer (photos) / With N3.6million, This Chinese Automaker Will Build You This 3-D Car In 3 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.