Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

I Thought It Was Real - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Thought It Was Real (12579 Views)

Russian Artist Gained 4.5M Followers By Taking Bizarre And Thought-provoking Pho / Just Take a Look at Africa: A thought-provoking short piece / When Darkness Thought It Is In Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hello everyone I'm not a new member here on nairaland, I've read lots of interesting captivating and breathtaking stories thumbs up to those awesome writers. So i decided against my wish to write one too and that's because i never wanted to join as a member but can't help it but then vowed to just read and never like nor comment after joining (like a girl watching her crush from the backseat of the class☹)
To cut the long story short here i am about to start my very own write up and i hope you all like it

2 Likes

Re: I Thought It Was Real by CRaIziee(f): 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wow...ok then...just make the story real!

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
[b][/b]Introduction
I thought it was real is the first of heavenlylove. The story is set in my mind,in my little bedroom,in 2017 during the rainy season.The purpose of this story is to let out my mind and touch hearts and to narrate it in the simplest way
[code][/code]dedication
I actually don't have any idea of whom to dedicate this to so I'm dedicating it to all nairalanders

Adley was just 16 when she wrote her final exams in secondary school, weeks later results came out but she couldn't check hers since there was no money to buy scratch card. Her mum is always saying next week till next week turns months.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
CRaIziee:
Wow...ok then...just make the story real!

I'm blushing right now thanks this very first comment makes me think that i can do it
and yes I CAN
Re: I Thought It Was Real by CRaIziee(f): 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
Its in You already...just pour it out.. Great story up there
Heavenlylove:

I'm blushing right now thanks this very first comment makes me think that i can do it
and yes I CAN

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
"aaaadleeey" her mum called from the sitting room probably the second or third time,she got up and rushed to the bathroom.
"don't you know that we're going to be late for church?" Adley's mum grumbled when she saw Adley walk down the stairs
"what kept you so long?" she asked
"i was looking for my shoe" Adley lied
"carry this" she added stretching her hands towards me,she collected the bag she was holding and it was a bit heavy and for a moment she thought all the family's bible was being kept inside.
It was a bright and breezy Sunday,Adley saw new faces in church,she also noticed that the choristers have increased and they all sang beautifully,during the sermon Adley's mind flew out through the window and down to the memory lane. She started wondering why,what,who and when,at first she thought her head was going to explode and then the thought of her exam result hits her as if being hit by hundreds of books,she realised that the pastor had finished preaching and it was time for offering,she was long lost in thoughts

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
I wouldn't mind corrections,advices suggestions anything at all guys since I'm writing for the first time and i really need to know if i should continue ��

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
The service came to an end and the Bensons were about leaving but suddenly turned when they heard an half thick voice calling Mrs benson it was Andrew's mum Mrs Brigg. They all stopped and greeted her as soon as she caught up with them.
"I'll join you shortly" Mrs Benson said facing the rest of the family.
"and how is your son and family" she said turning her face back to Mrs Brigg
"He's still in the church and family is fine" she replied
"Adley dear how are you" Mrs Brigg said which made Adley's mum turned to see who she's referring to and there was Adley leaning against a coconut tree a foot away from her mum and Mrs Brigg
"I'm fine ma" Adley answered
"and how is your result"
"i haven't checked it ma"
"but why Andrew checked his last month and he passed with good grades"
"congratulations to Andrew but she just needs to buy the card she'll use to check it" Mrs Benson quickly replied
"oh,i...you know what I'll ask Andrew to get it tomorrow and I'll bring it myself since I'll be coming to visit a friend close to your house" she concluded
"Thank you very much ma" Adley and her mum chorused
"God will continue to bless you" Mrs Benson added.
They continued their chat but Adley was no longer listening she was feeling excited as if they called her back to resume the job she thought she had lost.Soon the women were done and were saying goodbye Adley also joined and Mrs Benson thanked her again.
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
Mrs Brigg stopped by as promised and gave Adley the card,Mrs Benson thanked her and showered her with prayers,she saw her off while Adley went to get her Mobile phone.
On getting back Mrs Benson saw Adley's face and it seems she had failed she quickly walked to where her daughter was and collected the phone.
"It's not that bad" she said sitting down stretching her hands and half hugged her
"You will be chosen" she added
and Adley nodded knowing deep down that which school will want that kind of result because they gave her credits and A's where they are not needed and D's and E's where she needed them the most.
Adley slept on an empty stomach that night but not after thinking about all that has happened....

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Chigold121(f): 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
U are doing good, I must say dis is a nice story line. More grace dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
Chigold121:
U are doing good, I must say dis is a nice story line. More grace dear.
Awwwn thanks kiss
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 18, 2017
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 18, 2017
Her dreams came true and she was extremely happy and greatful to God.
she showed her mum and they all sang joyfully,the baby of the house but not anymore since she now has a nephew is atlast going to school they will all miss her.
Later that day,Adley was sent on an errand she collected the money and bought all they had sent her but on a normal day she would refuse,being the happiest girl in the world if they call her once she'll answer twice.She cooked and did all the chores and plans to go to a nearby cafe in the morning to print out the addmisson stuff.
The family ate that night talking about the new blessing that had fallen on their roof,Adley later retired to her bedroom she jumped on her bed joyfully and then turned to face the ceiling,she closed her eyes and prayed silently thanking God and then she brought her phone to her face to check again.
she chats with her church member turned friend that night,surf the internet and later fell asleep.
"make sure you come home every weekend" Mrs Benson reminded Adley
"yes mum"
"So be a good girl and don't forget all that I've told you"
"yes mum" her mind went back to the long lecture her mother had given her.
Adley saw her mum off bid her goodbye and went back to her hostel.Her roommate happens to be her course mate,a very beautiful dark chocolate skinned colour tall and thick girl she's almost the same size with Adley but Adley was bustier.They became best friends and did almost every thing together people around them always call them twins some sisters.
Adley being a girl that don't talk to guys but wants a relationship was quickly recognized by her other course mates
"Adley he's talking to you" Priscy said walking fast to catch up with Adley
"Priscilla i don't want to talk" she said not looking back
"fine suit yourself" Priscy added angrily
They soon got to their hostel Priscy refused to say any more word to Adley.
"I'm sorry" Adley later broke the silence
"come on" she moved closer to priscy
"i really don't want to talk to that...that"
"what is wrong with him does he smells" Priscy finally talked
"this is our second year already Adley,you need a guy fine we agreed on NOSUM (no sex until marriage)you don't even have a male friend not to talk of a boyfriend,you are always embarrassing those innocent guys or you have something you are keeping to yourself"
"like what" Adley frowned crossing her hands
"i don't know..i mean...why don't you want to at least give it a try"
"I'm still young for all that and i don't want any disturbance i need to focus on my studies" Adley said
"says who huh! Point of correction a boyfriend is not a pain in the head in fact it's the fun of university life"
"look at me I'm happy with my boyfriend,we chat,talk on phone he even visit and sometimes takes us out,you're lonely Adley"
"no I'm not"
"yes you are and please apologize to john"
"what! You know his name?"
"offcourse when you're not concerned with your male course mate how would you know"
"even if you don't want to court them make friends with them" Priscy added
"okay ma"
"naughty girl" Priscy threw a pillow but Adley dodged it.
Adley thinks about all what Priscy had said and decided to give it a try.
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
"i hope you find a true love there" James said
"I'm not here for that and i had a change of mind"
"and what is that?"
"I'll be staying for 2months"
"wow dude that's good at least you'll spend enough time with her"
"with who"
"your first love" laughs
"are you there" James added
"dude!"
"huh....i..I'll call you back" Jason stammered
when he saw Adley walk by it was as if he hasn't seen a girl in his entire life.
That day Priscy was not feeling too well so she stayed back and Adley had to come to school all by herself and Jason on the other hand came all the way from the United states where he lived with his parents to spend some time with his Grandma,he believed that there is nothing called love and James his buddy objected saying his heart is made of stone that's why he never felt anything when he sees or he's with girls.
However,as soon as he laid his eyes on Adley the stones melts and his heart started beating fast.
He felt his legs moving without asking for permission and that moment he just want to talk to her hold her and hug her but he had no idea of what to say but soon he caught up with her.
"P...pl...please wait" He finally talked stammering.
The old Adley would've ignored but after the friendly fight she had the previous day with her roommate and vowed to change made her stop.
*Adley blinks but didn't say a word after turning back to see who was calling her*
Jason was speechless and Adley felt the same but didn't show it,the guy standing in front of her was the cutest creature she had ever seen
"I'm Jason" he finally summon the courage to talk and was about to stretch his hand for an handshake when someone called running towards them....
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hey guys are you enjoying this story
***comment pleeeeeease***
wink
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 19, 2017
"Jason" he shouts making Adley and Jason to turn to see who it was.
He ran closer to them "hi! Jason" he said
"Bayo right"
"yes you remember my name"
"actually Grandma told me and here *handling over the paper bag he was holding* she asked me to give you this,you know what to do with it right?"
"aah...yes dad told me to collect it from grandma after school but later told me that you are coming over so you'll bring it along"
"yeah that's true and nice meeting you"
He turned back only to find nobody,Adley is gone.
Bayo left leaving Jason his dad's ex colleague grandson,who had come to spend the day in the University of lagos because his grandma had told him it was a very beautiful school the day after he arrived,so he added it to the list of places he'll visit but then decided to start with the school itself.
"sh*t!" he said to himself hitting his leg on a flower pot causing it to fall,he immediately looked left and right to see if nobody was watching as he placed it back well.
He decided to have a look around the school and later come back before closing hours hoping to see her again....

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
Guys sorry for the delay gonna be updating soon
Re: I Thought It Was Real by CRaIziee(f): 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
I'll say ur rushin up the story... Take ur time dear...use ur punctuations well n giv us some suspense... Thats what attract readers.. Good work dear
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2017
CRaIziee:
I'll say ur rushin up the story... Take ur time dear...use ur punctuations well n giv us some suspense... Thats what attract readers.. Good work dear

Alright thanks �

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
Jason didn't get to see Adley again so he went back home walking and acting empty as if he had lost his millions worth wristwatch.
on his way home,a reckless truck driver almost hit his car but he quickly drove to the side of the road,he parked gasping for air and then he realized something was wrong with him,his mind has never been deeply disturbed by just a girl or maybe she's not just a girl.He shoved off the thought and continued on his way.
"ayy...you're back" Priscy said getting out of the bed.
"yes,how are you feeling now?" Adley asked dropping her bag
"much better"
"have you eaten? Did you take your drugs? Did you have enough rest?"
"slow down babe,one question at a time and yes i have,i did,i ha"
"okay" Adley cuts her off
"what? Mtcheew" she hissed crossing her hands
"there's food in the kitchen" Priscy added walking back to her bed.
"you cooked?" Adley yelled
"I warned you not to do anything that will require stress but you wouldn't listen,you're not strong enough yet for all that" she added
"thank God the temperature had reduced,hope you've called mum?" Adley continued
Priscy nodded but didn't say a word
"come on Priscy,okay fine I'm sorry my day was just not too good and you were on my mind i regret coming to school leaving you alone all by yours"
"its okay i understand" Priscy cuts
"freshen up,eat and then we'll talk about your day" she added
Adley immediately hate herself and regret mentioning her day cause she meant the guy who stopped her on her way to the class and then left her standing there as if she was no longer there to talk to some other guy.
she got up entered the bathroom and started thinking of what to lie about.Soon she was done,she got dressed and went to the kitchen to serve herself hoping that Priscy wouldn't bring it up again..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
More updates coming soon bare with me pls sorry for the delay I hope you guys are following
Re: I Thought It Was Real by princesshansy(f): 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
Interesting..... shocked
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2017
Days went by months and years,Adley graduated,served and later went for her masters degree program abroad with the help of her boss whom she worked with as a youth corper.
The Benson family,Priscy who is now happily married with 6weeks pregnancy,Mrs Brigg and her son Andrew all bid her goodbye as she leaves the country.Adley was so excited,she enjoyed her trip which she was hoping not to end.
"Welcome to the United states of America Adley" said George
"thank you" Adley replied smiling
"so,I'm George Harrison nice to finally meet you" he continues
"nice to meet you too"
"so you'll be staying with us for a while till i get a closer place to your school and then tomorrow we'll put everything else in order,my wife i mean your boss already cleared all the necessary bills" he added
"I'm so grateful thank you so much God will reward you and your family" Adley said with her eyes filled with tears
"you have no idea how much grateful i am today" she couldn't fight back the tears,tears of happiness and joy flowed down her cheeks
"its okay stop being emotional already lets thank God and besides ken and Kim are dying to meet you" George said pulling her for a side hug,they walked to the car entered and George drove off...

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by afolabiwunmi: 11:50am On Sep 30, 2017
Kudos to you, more update please
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
afolabiwunmi:
Kudos to you, more update please
thanks gonna be updating tonight
stay tuned guys tongue kiss kiss
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2017
Adley had successfully moved into her well furnished apartment a week after she got to the U.S. Which was on the 3rd floor of the apartment building,5mins drive to her school
It was on a Monday morning and Adley's first day in school,the sun shone brightly in a cloudless sky and the flowers were gently swaying in the breeze.She got ready and was about leaving when she heard a knock on her door.
"you're gonna be late for class" George said immediately after Adley opened the door which made Adley gasped
"I'll be dropping you off since it's your first day" he added
"awwn thank you so much Dr" she said closing the door behind her.
"Good morning aunty" ken and Kim chorused as soon as Adley and their dad walked towards them
"Ken! Kim! What a surprise,but Dr you didn't tell me you brought Ken and Kim"
"it's a surprise and besides it is your first day in school,we want it to be eventful" George replied
"Thanks Dr thanks guys you're the best" Adley gave them an hi Five
"hurry up and get in the car we're running late" George warned and they all laughed like a drain
Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 01, 2017
There was not even a second silence in the car,Adley and the twins keep on gisting while George concentrates on the steering.
They got to the school and Adley bid them goodbyes after hugging and thanking them,she was about to enter the building of her class but then paused to take a look at the building
"Jay! Why are you always walking behind hurry up we have a class to catch up with" James pleaded
"don't even start okay" Jason replied angrily
"suit yourself I'm leaving you behind"
"i don't even know how we got into the same class again he won't stop following me around"
"i heard you but i don't have your time" James shouts not looking back
Jason checked his wristwatch and saw that if he didn't hurry up he would be late,he wasn't looking at where he was going since he was busy checking the time and BAM!! He hits someone....

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 02, 2017
"I'm very sorr...ry.." Jason said stammering and was about to bend to help her pack her books but she had already packed them
"i wasn't looking either so its okay" Adley replied and left quickly before he could say any more word since she's feeling uncomfortable with the way he's staring at her.
"wow....she talks so sweet and calm,she looks familiar as well have i seen her before?" he asked thinking to himself
Adley located her class and settled in,soon the class was fully occupied and the lecture starts.She did so well in class that she was quickly noticed,the lecture ended and Adley had an hour to relax before the next lecture so she decided to check around the school,visit the library and eat afterwards.
"carry out extensive researches on it and discover new facts about it,understood?" the lecturer asked ending the lecture
"Yes sir" they all chorused
"It our first day at school and we were already given research project" Adley complained
"its okay" George said
"They just wanted to test your abilities and intelligence and you have to perform well okay?"
"okay" Adley replied lazily
"my wife called i told her that you are in school,she said she cant reach you"
"oh! Yes i switched off my phone,I'll call her as soon as i drop your call"
"alright then be good"
"thanks Dr my regards to ken and Kim"
"o.k. bye"
Adley puts a call through,she decided to sit on a roadside bench outside her class she stayed there for a while talking to her boss.
Meanwhile,Jason who had been running helter skelter searching for the lady he bumped into that morning gives up
"Yo man what's up you have been looking worried what's going on?" James asked
"and why were you not picking up your calls wanted to tell you that I'm leaving" he added
"answer me Jay"
"wo...woa..where the h*ll is he running to again,what's wrong with him" James said to himself.
"I'll call you back ma'am" Adley said as she sees a guy who was standing in front of her and staring blankly at her
"i think I've s...seen you before"
"ah...yes...i..was the guy that bumped into you this morning" he said all smiles
"oh! Yes that's true" Adley said
"any problem" she added
"aaah....no...no problem i just wanted to say that I'm sorry about what happened earlier today"
"no no i was also at fault you have nothing to be sorry about,i was also walking backwards not caring about who might be coming"
"alright then ehmm...I'm Jason I'm studying here for my master's degree" Jason said stretching his hand for an handshake
"I'm Adley I'm studying here as well for a master degree" she said shaking hands with him
"It's a pleasure meeting you"
"it's a pleasure meeting you too" Adley replied getting up
"bye" she added and was about to leave when Jason stopped her by holding her hand.....
Re: I Thought It Was Real by afolabiwunmi: 11:19am On Oct 02, 2017
Love in the air,,,,,,, keep the good work>

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 02, 2017
afolabiwunmi:
Love in the air,,,,,,, keep the good work>

thanks afolabiwunmi
kiss

1 Like

Re: I Thought It Was Real by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2017
He pulled her back grabbed her waist and kissed her passionately,he finally met his one true love he saw years back when he travelled to Nigeria and he won't let go no matter what.
"hey....hello" Adley said tapping her fingers in front of his eyes which made him to drop her hand immediately.
He had been fantasizing and day dreaming about kissing her.
"is there a problem" Adley added
"huhh...no..not at all i mean...its just that i need to ask you about something"
"go ahead and ask"
"are you from Nigeria?"
"yes,i am"
"you studied in the university of lagos"
"yes i....don't tell me....*gasps* its you"
"y...you remember me,right...right"
"offcourse i do"
"I'm sorry i left you standing while trying to attend to someone else,you must have gotten angry and left"
"no...i was late for class"
"no you got angry and left it was very rude of me,i shouldn't have.."
"offcourse i was i mean who wouldn't be i had no other choice than to leave"
"I'm sorry"
"so why did you stopped me at least there must be a reason"
"huh...ehmm i was just going to ask you where to find the research and innovation office" he lied
"oh really but you were standing right in front of the office"
"ahh yes that's true,i have to go now bye"
"ok bye" what's wrong with him Adley thought to herself....

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old / Ikomoja The Beast / Let's Make A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.