Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,536 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) (67053 Views)

Covid-19 Business Survival Pack / Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video / A Call For Survival;agony Of a young Hustler. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by donnaD(f): 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
If possible sweep their gutters over dere.it's better than this prison called country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by LORDLARGE(m): 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
As long as drug or crime related stuffs ain't involve. I see no big deal in it funny enough they may earn more than some level 09 graduates in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
DAT IS PATRIOTISM. I WOULD RATHER WASH TOILET IN AMERICA THAN WORK FOR BANK IN NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
At least they get paid
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by win2kwire: 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Trust stupid Nigerians to write rubbish, road sweeping job in Europe and America are done mostly by white people and many are civil service jobs with pensions and other benefits!

If he is unskilled and not in position to find better jobs then why not.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
sad
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by ajiifixing(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Benin guys using wisdom here... grin grin

Better than THOSE ONES who would rather push drugs in foreign land. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I no talk anything o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Nigeriadondie: 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
ZombieTAMER:
Guy God bless your hustle

No think of coming back to the dump site of a country
Nobody can escape buhari induced poverty here oo
The hardship is real
Even zombies dey beg for data Now cheesy
Hahahahaaha na so bro. 1 like for u
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by free2ryhme: 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Two Nigerian immigrants have gotten international attention after volunteering to sweep the streets in Italy. According to reports, it’s hard to find a job if one is in the process of claiming asylum but this group of Nigerians living in a migrant camp in Rome have started a voluntary street sweeping collective.

The sweeping collective was founded by Wisdom and Osas, who came up with the idea because they had no money but did not want to beg on the streets.

In an audio interview with BBC, the Nigerians revealed that they've been in Italy for nine months and decided to sweep the streets rather than remaining idle in the migrant camp. They revealed that they are more than 300 Nigerian guys sweeping the streets as people give them money to appreciate their work.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/nigerian-immigrants-volunteering-to-sweep-italian-streets.html

Photo-credit; BBC

Is the street of Italy dirty that you volunteer to sweep it?

You can't even sweep your compound in Edo state sef
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by dogankurye(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
great work
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by burqueenx(f): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
angry

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Eluwilussit(m): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
This is a job done by even white people. So there is no shame in it. Somebody has got to keep the streets clean. As long as they are not doing the same job for the rest of their lives, that is fine.

It is in Nigeria that we look down on jobs. Meanwhile, we don't even have nothing. angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by iamtardey: 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
the abroad people.... una Weldon ehn
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
Osas is an Edo name.

Zirah:
*Wisdom and Osas. I like hard working developers grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
maklelemakukula:
back to slavery
He earns more than most bankers in Nigeria. I meet a guy that makes $2000 every week, moving lawns in the UK. That's about N700,000 every week. These dirty jobs comes with good money. After 5-10 years, they return to Nigeria as big boys, establish companies and your brother's and sisters submit CV to them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by alaskido(m): 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
After they come back to Nigeria, they will be spending dollars like it was not well earned. They will even take over your girlfriend. I beg let them sweep wella.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Guyman02: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
mrsfavour:
Not bad, better than doing drugs and gets killed at the end.

Better to stay in Naija than risking your life crossing the sea and desert only to end up in a refugee camp or prison as illegal immigrant and wasting away.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Two Nigerian immigrants have gotten international attention after volunteering to sweep the streets in Italy. According to reports, it’s hard to find a job if one is in the process of claiming asylum but this group of Nigerians living in a migrant camp in Rome have started a voluntary street sweeping collective.

The sweeping collective was founded by Wisdom and Osas, who came up with the idea because they had no money but did not want to beg on the streets.

In an audio interview with BBC, the Nigerians revealed that they've been in Italy for nine months and decided to sweep the streets rather than remaining idle in the migrant camp. They revealed that they are more than 300 Nigerian guys sweeping the streets as people give them money to appreciate their work.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/nigerian-immigrants-volunteering-to-sweep-italian-streets.html

Photo-credit; BBC
See levels, nah wah, when I tell people say I nor dey count italy join abroad dem think say nah joke I dey.
Advice 4 una at home, if U wan come Europe, if nor B UK, Germany,Holland Sweden and swiz make una 4get am.How can U come dey bed 4 Europe 4 what angry angry
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Kfaaji(m): 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
See as den fresh...Abeg I won go sweep for there too
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Guyman02: 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

He earns more than most bankers in Nigeria. I meet a guy that makes $2000 every week, moving lawns in the UK. That's about N700,000 every week. These dirty jobs comes with good money. After 5-10 years, they return to Nigeria as big boys, establish companies and your brother's and sisters submit CV to them.

If you actually met him in UK you wont say that. I dont think you have ever traveled out of Nigeria and see how Africans without skills are treated. Out of the £2000 as a street cleaner (I doubt) did he tell you how much he spends on tax, housing, gas, electricity etc? embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by kpaofame: 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kini big deal undecided undecided undecided

Some Men and women still sweep streets here in Nigeria to survive... in ten years time, the difference will be clear
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
I'm sure thats his day job. He has other side hustles.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by DaBillionnaire: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
lordkush:
this greedy op. why book space on ur own thread?

back to topic

is it not better than staying here?

worst case scenario people point fingers.

but here in Nigeria anything can happen.
even today, innocent people farming were all slaughterd for no reason. 42 people o

or the FG may even send thier foot almajiri soldiers to kill you because you asked about the where abouts of buhari

they are there sweeping streets, here in Nigeria the streets are not tilled so sweeping is outta the question. even the Roads here are not tarred sooo

we have bushes everywhere little wonder a certain grass cutter used about 250 million to clear grass, he was caught o and gullible Nigerians thought he would be punished, lol the thought that he was a member of the ruling party did not cross their myopic minds. he has been acquitted by pastor osibanjo. a man of god that detests corrupt practises.

I know babaachair lawal is somewhere sipping champagne now

so I ask y won't niggers leave Nigeria and travel out to sweep streets? is Nigeria a country sef?

I hereby crown u d FTC grin no mind op angry
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by hAlexandro(m): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
grin keep hustling my guy
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

Guy $2000 weekly , even the MPs(Members of parliament) DO NOT EARN THAT MUCH
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
Guyman02:

If you actually met him in UK you wont say that. I dont think you have ever traveled out of Nigeria and see how Africans without skills are treated. Out of the £2000 as a street cleaner (I doubt) did he tell you how much he spends on tax, housing, gas, electricity etc? embarassed
Bro I think he is over hyping the money $2k ahaha,but let me ask, why is everyone fixed on this tax issue, taxes a little or nothing, Nigerians pay more taxes than people in the Uk and US, if I ask you now to name two taxes you think he pays would you manage to name one?
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by muller101(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
Edo State
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
Eluwilussit:
This is a job done by even white people. So there is no shame in it. Somebody has got to keep the streets clean. As long as they are not doing the same job for the rest of their lives, that is fine.

It is in Nigeria that we look down on jobs. Meanwhile, we don't even have nothing. angry
Sweep the street for charity??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by maklelemakukula(m): 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
juwoonn:

read the post again and stop being a "smart-arse" sir
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Eluwilussit(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
erico2k2:

Sweep the street for charity??

For whatever reason, the streets need to be kept clean and somebody has to do it. White people sweep streets too. The whites are even in the majority of people that do these menial jobs.
Re: Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) by Zirah: 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
NubiLove:
Osas is an Edo name.

Haha. Thanks. They're all our brothers. Yes to brotherly luv.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.