Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community Again, Causes Multi-million Naira Damages - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community Again, Causes Multi-million Naira Damages (411 Views)

Rasheed Sholabi Rapes His Own Daughter For 4 Years, Damages Her Bladder / Man Stripped Unclad And Banished From Imo Community Over Murder. Photo / BADOO: Serial Rapist And Murderer Sends Letter To Owode Ibeshe Community Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community Again, Causes Multi-million Naira Damages by Thebest12(m): 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
The attack led to the destruction of crops and other valuable items estimated at millions of Naira.
Some farmers who arrived their farmlands on Thursday morning counted their losses owing to the degree of destruction wreaked on their farmlands by the yet to be identified cattlemen.
The President General of the community, Cyril Ndumanya, who confirmed the incident, said the development had left the community, especially the farmers, in a state of misery.
Ndumanya lamented that with the level of destruction done on the farmlands, hunger was imminent in the community.
He also said the activities of Fulani herdsmen had continued to have negative effects on the community, adding that the patience of the villagers was being taken for granted.
He confirmed that no one was raped, nor was anyone killed.
The embittered community leader said, “Our cassava, vegetables, maize and other valuable agricultural products have been completely destroyed and used by the herdsmen to feed their cattle’s.
“We are talking about millions of Naira and it is not funny at all.”
Another community source told our correspondent that the herdsmen have been giving them difficult time.
One of the victims, Benedict, narrated, “I arrived my farm this morning (Thursday), but my crops such as cassava, vegetables, maize and others have been destroyed.
“The destruction is massive. It has cost my-self and family a lot. My family is deeply saddened,” He said.
As of the time of filing this report, the state commissioner of police, Mr. Chris Ezike, have yet to comment on the matter, as he did not answer calls put across to his telephone.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community Again, Causes Multi-million Naira Damages by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
g
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community Again, Causes Multi-million Naira Damages by Thebest12(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Cc

Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community Again, Causes Multi-million Naira Damages by Seguntimmy(m): 2:08am On Aug 18, 2017
These is part of the reason why I don't blame those who want to leave Nigeria and settle on their own.
Fulani Herdsmen? Destroying is their Hobby
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community Again, Causes Multi-million Naira Damages by gedidiah: 3:44am On Aug 18, 2017
Herdsmen again? May GOD help us.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community Again, Causes Multi-million Naira Damages by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 18, 2017
These is unacceptable, well in NIGERIA anything is possible, The best way is to drive the modafuckers out of the state but is that even possible when the head of herdsmen is the president of the country?

(1) (Reply)

Man Trying To Commit Suicide On High Tension Cable Get Saved (video) / 26 Nigerian Internet Fraudsters Arrested In Madina, Accra. / Full Meaning Of IGBO Revealed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.