Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,222 members, 7,780,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:00 PM

Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing (20494 Views)

Ajaokuta Steel Company To Employ 500,000 Upstream, Downstream In 2017 / "Soundcity Won't Employ Me, They Said Dark People Are Not Attractive" / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by czarina(f): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
JUBSAM:
Eval is you first assignment from Zemandi. This assignment is usually evaluated by an editor for the purpose of assessing if you meet the criteria needed by Zemandi.

I came across an online tutoring platform(studypool)... I'm applying but I'm expected to submit an essay..one could be rejected if the essay fails to meet their standards..did an essay but need scrutiny to help correct/adjust before submission... If it's not a bother, do you mind helping out? Please
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Godmother(f): 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
Impulse80:

11pm. Whatever is your deadline just add 4hrs to it and you'll get your deadline in Nigerian time.

Ok, thanks. Lemme get to work then.
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by burkutu: 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
Godmother:
I'm having some issues with this US time thing. I just got an assignment and my deadline is 19:07:00 EST. Can someone please help me translate this to Nigerian time.

I can't remember if US is 7 hours before or after us. I tried converting myself and Googling but Google is messing with my head.

EST is 6 hours behind Nigeria time. or Nigeria is 6 hours ahead of EST.

So, 19:07 EST is like 1:07 AM Nigeria time (the next day). Basically, just add 6 hours to whatever deadline you are given to get the local time here.
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by burkutu: 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
Impulse80:

11pm. Whatever is your deadline just add 4hrs to it and you'll get your deadline in Nigerian time.

It's 6 hours not 4
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Sure but I'm quite busy tonight.

However, I'll take a look at it but will get back to you tomorrow afternoon. Is this OK with you?

czarina:
I came across an online tutoring platform(studypool)... I'm applying but I'm expected to submit an essay..one could be rejected if the essay fails to meet their standards..did an essay but need scrutiny to help correct/adjust before submission... If it's not a bother, do you mind helping out? Please
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by czarina(f): 8:31pm On Sep 27, 2017
JUBSAM:
Sure but I'm quite busy tonight.

However, I'll take a look at it but will get back to you tomorrow afternoon. Is this OK with you?

OK... No probs... Is there some way I could reach you? Like whatsapp or telegram?
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by donbrowser(m): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
No need to fight over time issues
EST is 6 hours behind GMT but Nigeria is on Gst +1 hence EST is 5 hours behind Nigeria.
Don't get confused, just add 5 hours to the deadline you're give or you add 8 hours to your system time when the mail arrived.
Burkutu Impulse80 Godmother

1 Like

Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Impulse80(m): 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
Godmother:

As in ehn! I wrote two yesterday on this same topic and just got another. That's not counting the one or two I rejected.

I've written 5! I don't know what that guy is doing with all that stuff.
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Impulse80(m): 10:47pm On Sep 27, 2017
donbrowser:

It's now Rehab

Lol, it's getting boring already.
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Impulse80(m): 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
donbrowser:
EST is 6 hours behind GMT but Nigeria is on Gst +1 hence EST is 5 hours behind Nigeria.
Don't get confused, just add 5 hours to the deadline you're give or you add 8 hours to your system time when the mail arrived.

The solution is to set up your world clock and add eastern time to it.

Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Impulse80(m): 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2017
burkutu:

It's 6 hours not 4

See above.
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Godmother(f): 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
Impulse80:

The solution is to set up your world clock and add eastern time to it.
I'll look into doing this. Thanks
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Godmother(f): 11:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
Impulse80:

Haha. I worked on freelancer.com for a while and encountered a similar client. His was a worse off case as he wanted three articles written from a single topic using different angles. It was a very difficult assignment and I only took it as I wanted the challenge of sharpening my skills. In the end it wasn't worth it and the pay was the pits!
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by donbrowser(m): 11:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
Impulse80:

People like that are very busy. They mostly schedule the posts on their blogs
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Impulse80(m): 12:27am On Sep 28, 2017
Godmother:

Haha. I worked on freelancer.com for a while and encountered a similar client. His was a worse off case as he wanted three articles written from a single topic using different angles. It was a very difficult assignment and I only took it as I wanted the challenge of sharpening my skills. In the end it wasn't worth it and the pay was the pits!

Yes it does tax your creativity. I just hope people have finished the remaining brownfield assignments. grin rejecting them consecutively and watching others exactly similar come come is dreadful.
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Impulse80(m): 12:28am On Sep 28, 2017
donbrowser:

People like that are very busy. They mostly schedule the posts on their blogs

No wonder...
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Godmother(f): 7:12am On Sep 28, 2017
Impulse80:

Yes it does tax your creativity. I just hope people have finished the remaining brownfield assignments. grin rejecting them consecutively and watching others exactly similar come come is dreadful.

Yea, I've decided to take two days off as I don't think I can handle another Brownfield assignment.
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by burkutu: 7:58am On Sep 28, 2017
donbrowser:

Yep. No need to squabble over time zones. But it is important not to misinform people.

GMT is FIVE HOURS ahead of EST. Which means, GMT+1 is SIX HOURS ahead of EST.

And like you rightly said, forget about time zones and just add EIGHT HOURS from the time you receive the assignment to get your deadline.

Basically, you are given 8 hours to finish an assignment. I agree that is the most important consideration.
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Impulse80(m): 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2017
Abeg JUBSAM and donbrowser, hope i can withdraw via Nairaland exchangers?
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by donbrowser(m): 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
Impulse80:
Abeg JUBSAM and donbrowser, hope i can withdraw via Nairaland exchangers?
Yes you can but most of them won't accept below 100 dollars
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Impulse80(m): 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
donbrowser:

Yes you can but most of them won't accept below 100 dollars
Okay. I'll just have to wait until it's up to that.
Thanks bro.
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
You know what?

Why don't you all venture into the *self-publishing* thingy? I mean, instead of buzzing around searching for sites or individuals to pay you for your writing services...

Ebook writing would absolutely make you earn more. Why don't we skip that path of always searching and striving? publishing on Amazon kindle and other such-like platforms would boost your writing career as an author/creative writer.

That's what I'm busily and currently working on [as I tend to expand my horizon as a freelance writer]. Why don't you write on and stick to a niche you feel you're passionate and concisely write about to enthrall your readers/targeted audience? Why don't you write profitable e-books that will profit you and your e-readers?

I'm giving my good advice to you even if you think pessimism and say "to hell with that", or even nod your head in disagreement.

It's up to you. Why don't you give this a try as a writer? smiley
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by czarina(f): 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
You know what?

Why don't you all venture into the *self-publishing* thingy? I mean, instead of buzzing around searching for sites or individuals to pay you for your writing services...

Ebook writing would absolutely make you earn more. Why don't we skip that path of always searching and striving? publishing on Amazon kindle and other such-like platforms would boost your writing career as an author/creative writer.

That's what I'm busily and currently working on [as I tend to expand my horizon as a freelance writer]. Why don't you write on and stick to a niche you feel you're passionate and concisely write about to enthrall your readers/targeted audience? Why don't you write profitable e-books that will profit you and your e-readers?

I'm giving my good advice to you even if you think optimism and say "to hell with that", or even nod your head in disagreement.

It's up to you. Why don't you give this a try as a writer? smiley
same thing I've been thinking about... I have this problem of never completing works unless they're paid for... And my blog is just der... Starved of articles while I put my sweat into 3 dollar articles and shine my teeth over five star ratings.... Seriously hope them no do me something... My system is filled with articles I never got to complete while I can practically offload a 500word article in less than two hours because of money....hope I'm normal sha... How did you get around taking your personal articles serious? Pls help.... I'm not critizing freelancing, they are a great way to earn but they seem to be the only reason I take writing seriously... Any tips at all? Help
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
czarina:
same thing I've been thinking about... I have this problem of never completing works unless they're paid for... And my blog is just der... Starved of articles while I put my sweat into 3 dollar articles and shine my teeth over five star ratings.... Seriously hope them no do me something... My system is filled with articles I never got to complete while I can practically offload a 500word article in less than two hours because of money....hope I'm normal sha... How did you get around taking your personal articles serious? Pls help.... I'm not critizing freelancing, they are a great way to earn but they seem to be the only reason I take writing seriously... Any tips at all? Help

Lol.

Actually, you need to calm yourself down. Writing is very easy and so interesting BUT if you venture into the niche you're not familiar with (especially because of money) you'll fall into that black hole of apathy, discontent, confusion, frustration etc.

As a writer, you need to be very good in writing, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, have a dire passion for it! If you don't have a passion for writing, you could then imagine how many poor content you would write, how many unimpressed readers you would have, how your writing would display your ignorance and even your lack of interest/apathy in writing.

As a writer ( in non chronological order ) you need to be:

. Consistent

. Assiduous and Meticulous

. Develop more passion for writing

. Read books (the more you read, the more you evolve in your writing skills)

. Train and tutor your self ( Take writing lessons and courses, rewrite articles or newspaper articles) N.B. I love copywriting and I'm receiving online courses on it via email. Why don't you do something of such?

The points given is key.

With that said, what of freelance writing? OMG! This is where most writers get frustrated. You get writing projects/assignments and you don't know how to work it out, especially when you have to meet deadlines or you may not be familiar with the niche and you totally get confused and frustrated. Do not fret! I hope this helps; as a freelance writer;

. Create schedules on when you should write

. Never accept what you can't handle unless you want to HATE writing. To be frank and sincere, you'll gradually loose interest in writing. undecided

. Stick to the niche you are familiar with and you're candid you can handle well.

The ones listed above are the basics. Freelancing is working for different organizations and it requires;
time, dedication, conscientiousness and good effort.
However, you can expand your horizons by exploring other niches in writing. It's more of tutoring your self.

As a writer, learning literary devices and figures of speech would also boost your writing skill. Learning from past mistakes in writing and comments from recent clients is another method of learning and buckling up.

Like I said, why not become a self-publishing author of e-books and sell? Who knows, a day is coming when your books would be amongst that bestseller list?
Instead of search and strife, why don't you relax and rethink? While your books might be selling and even constantly selling, why wait for someone to assign you to write and get a minimal pay when you could write your own book and make sales?

However, note that, your book defines who you are and vise-versa. Also, don't write for the sake of the money, write because you're trying to pass a message, target and enthrall your readers/audience. Write what is profitable and what people can benefit from. Again, who knows? You could get the urge to build a fan page because of your book (especially when it's bestselling).

smiley Categorically, here is a very few things you can write about that may spark your interest;

* Stories, novels etc.
-Fictions
-Non fictions
-Juvenile books
- Inspiring faith-based books and a lot of them in terms of niches.

Writing is passion. If you don't have it, don't go there. You may find another root or HOBBY!

My dear, it's up to you wink

I hope this helps a bit!

1 Like

Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
Need I mention script/screen writing? I'm trying to explore various fields in writing as I'm also focusing on that. Lol

Imagine when you write a very nice story and you get contacted by a movie director or someone of such if it could be shot as a movie and you get handsomely paid for it. Blockbuster or not.
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by czarina(f): 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Lol.

Actually, you need to calm yourself down. Writing is very easy and so interesting BUT if you venture into the niche you're not familiar with (especially because of money) you'll fall into that black hole of apathy, discontent, confusion, frustration etc.

As a writer, you need to be very good in writing, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, have a dire passion for it! If you don't have a passion for writing, you could then imagine how many poor content you would write, how many unimpressed readers you would have, how your writing would display your ignorance and even your lack of interest/apathy in writing.

As a writer ( in non chronological order ) you need to be:

. Consistent

. Assiduous and Meticulous

. Develop more passion for writing

. Read books (the more you read, the more you evolve in your writing skills)

. Train and tutor your self ( Take writing lessons and courses, rewrite articles or newspaper articles) N.B. I love copywriting and I'm receiving online courses on it via email. Why don't you do something of such?

The points given is key.

With that said, what of freelance writing? OMG! This is where most writers get frustrated. You get writing projects/assignments and you don't know how to work it out, especially when you have to meet deadlines or you may not be familiar with the niche and you totally get confused and frustrated. Do not fret! I hope this helps; as a freelance writer;

. Create schedules on when you should write

. Never accept what you can't handle unless you want to HATE writing. To be frank and sincere, you'll gradually loose interest in writing. undecided

. Stick to the niche you are familiar with and you're candid you can handle well.

The ones listed above are the basics. Freelancing is working for different organizations and it requires;
time, dedication, conscientiousness and good effort.
However, you can expand your horizons by exploring other niches in writing. It's more of tutoring your self.

As a writer, learning literary devices and figures of speech would also boost your writing skill. Learning from past mistakes in writing and comments from recent clients is another method of learning and buckling up.

Like I said, why not become a self-publishing author of e-books and sell? Who knows, a day is coming when your books would be amongst that bestseller list?
Instead of search and strife, why don't you relax and rethink? While your books might be selling and even constantly selling, why wait for someone to assign you to write and get a minimal pay when you could write your own book and make sales?

However, note that, your book defines who you are and vise-versa. Also, don't write for the sake of the money, write because you're trying to pass a message, target and enthrall your readers/audience. Write what is profitable and what people can benefit from. Again, who knows? You could get the urge to build a fan page because of your book (especially when it's bestselling).

smiley Categorically, here is a very few things you can write about that may spark your interest;

* Stories, novels etc.
-Fictions
-Non fictions
-Juvenile books
- Inspiring faith-based books and a lot of them in terms of niches.

Writing is passion. If you don't have it, don't go there. You may find another root or HOBBY!

My dear, it's up to you wink

I hope this helps a bit!
I could sit and craft articles in hours... But the moment I take a break from it I just don't feel like going back there until I push myself to do it and I wonder why I ever abandoned it... Now that you mentioned it, I must confess I've been trying to cover too many niches at once... Not healthy at all but I can't help it most times...will try to focus on the things I truly enjoy writing about not just because they seem to interest me... Thanks a lot for your reply, really appreciated. And hope you don't mind me contacting you subsequently? I have truckloads of questions and I sincerely hope you'd entertain them...thanks again
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 01, 2017
czarina:
I could sit and craft articles in hours... But the moment I take a break from it I just don't feel like going back there until I push myself to do it and I wonder why I ever abandoned it... Now that you mentioned it, I must confess I've been trying to cover too many niches at once... Not healthy at all but I can't help it most times...will try to focus on the things I truly enjoy writing about not just because they seem to interest me... Thanks a lot for your reply, really appreciated. And hope you don't mind me contacting you subsequently? I have truckloads of questions and I sincerely hope you'd entertain them...thanks again

Lol again.

There's no qualms. You're welcome at anytime. I like to help other writers and learn from them too smiley
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by czarina(f): 12:17am On Oct 01, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Lol again.

There's no qualms. You're welcome at anytime. I like to help other writers and learn from them too smiley
Seeing I just got a free pass grin to get answers from guru himself... Lemme bask in it jor...you do online tutoring? Study pool precisely? Heard the pay is good and I tried applying but was rejected cry was told to try again... And one of the requirements was an essay on Education which I felt I attempted reasonably well(judge and jury eh?) now I have another chance to apply and I don't want to mess things up... Sought help from some persons who claimed to have been successful with it but got no replies... (protecting their interest maybe, I understand tho)... I'm hoping you'd help me scrutinise my next essay upon completion. cry? Pls say yes....plsssss cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 01, 2017
czarina:
Seeing I just got a free pass grin to get answers from guru himself... Lemme bask in it jor...you do online tutoring? Study pool precisely? Heard the pay is good and I tried applying but was rejected cry was told to try again... And one of the requirements was an essay on Education which I felt I attempted reasonably well(judge and jury eh?) now I have another chance to apply and I don't want to mess things up... Sought help from some persons who claimed to have been successful with it but got no replies... (protecting their interest maybe, I understand tho)... I'm hoping you'd help me scrutinise my next essay upon completion. cry? Pls say yes....plsssss cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

You're very hilarious! Choi!

Albeit, I must confess that I'm not a guru but I also love to learn and grow.

More so, I don't do online tutoring nor neither have I signed up for a site of such. However, if you want me to proofread your essay, I'll do that for you (even for free) because of your keenness.

Lemme know if you're comfy with that. Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by czarina(f): 12:38am On Oct 01, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

You're very hilarious! Choi!

Albeit, I must confess that I'm not a guru but I also love to learn and grow.

More so, I don't do online tutoring nor neither have I signed up for a site of such. However, if you want me to proofread your essay, I'll do that for you (even for free) because of your keenness.

Lemme know if you're comfy with that. Thanks!
Super-comfy... You're far too kind... can I pm you now? pm'd you already grin
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 01, 2017
czarina:

Lol, ok.

I'm a sort of busy person, but you can send your work to me via email so I can do the needful.

P.S. Send it on monday. Would that be ok?
Re: Frustrated On My Search For Employers To Employ Me For Freelance Article Writing by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 01, 2017
czarina:

To reach me easily, kindly check the first post of this thread.

P.S. Let me also get details or on what your essay entails.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Top 10 Core Questions You MUST Ask In A Job Interview To Land Your Dream Job / Is This Recruitment About Applicant Paying Money?? / How Long Have You Been Searching For A Job Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.