Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 (44079 Views)

The 7 Richest Women In Nigeria In 2018 - Tushmagazine / Business Ideas In Ibadan / Things They Told Us That Is No Longer Applicable In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by DRIFTyKING(m): 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
Many people always wanna start up something, whether big or small, Lucrative or not, but the struggle always lies with the business Idea to startup in Nigeria!

‘I have the capital, but what am I gonna do with it?’ – The major question many ask.
No one wants to venture into any low yielding business this 2017, with the current economic crisis hitting the nation, no one wants to waste funds or invest in any low yielding or no yielding businesses.

Many have seen themselves wasting funds on irrelevant things, making irrelevant ideas and at the end it yields nothing.

In this article, so as to assist you to make out something meaningful, am going to list the top ten successful business ideas in Nigeria, Ideas people are making money daily from, internet business opportunities, highly profitable online business ideas and best online business to start with no money.

Lets get started!

1) Fast Food business and Canned food production

Alot of canned food like meat, vegetables, etc have been banned from importation into Nigeria…This is the opportunity for local farmers to upstage their funds, Any reasonable business minded fellow who is ready to make huge profit is advised to delve into canned food production as it is and will be for now, one of the biggest business idea in Nigeria right now.

Setting up your own fast food eatery wouldn’t take much of a stress, You just need decent customer service, a little management skills and capital in order to professionally set it up You can set out on your own and create your own brand, or buy in to an already established business franchise, such as Mr. Biggs, and the rest of them.

2) Blogging and Affiliate Marketing

The above online profitable business ideas are meant to be separate ideas on this article but because the are related and one depends on the other, both are treated as one.

Blogging is one of the fastest growing business trends on the web and the sweetest thing is that it is an information based business.

So no worries about technicalities, programming, etc. You also don’t need to invest a dime to get started as there are free platforms you can utilize like Blogger, TypePad, Joomla and WordPress. Just pick an interest on what you love most, and write about it, Just write! And someone will ask, how can we make money from blogging….This is were affiliate marketing comes in.

Affiliate marketing is just to promote other people’s products and services from your website or any other means. Every time your link is clicked and a purchase is completed, you’d get paid.

So if you have a large following on twitter, Facebook, or a website with some traffic, you can harness your audience and start your affiliate marketing gigs for any company selling, and start earning revenues with every successful sale.

Some companies in Nigeria looking for affiliate marketers are Konga, Jumia, and several others. Another way to earn with blogging is google adsense, a google owned monetizing program that serves ads to your readers and then you earn..Just like the ads you see on this site…whenever someone has an interest in any, you earn.

A Thing about blogging that marvels is that you can work from anywhere, just connect your laptop and start blogging!

3) Freelancing

You might be hearing of freelancing but you don’t know the meaning and how it works?, to make things clear Freelancing is when you are hired to do a job(mostly writing) and you will get paid for it based on the bargained price, you don’t have to be committed to one client but multiple clients.

They are so many websites where you can register as a freelancer, sites such as freelancer. com, upwork. com and fiverr. com. You must be extremely good at writing so as to increase your freelancing business’s growth.

4) Making of Fruit Juice

Nigerians drink fruit juice more than any other people. That’s why companies like La Casera and Chivita who came into the country as nobody are today making billions of naira annually. This business in capital intensive but if you can afford it, it’s well worth it.

5) Snail rearing

This is one of the business ideas in Nigeria that needs low investment as snails require simple vegetation to eat, and they reproduce at an alarming rate.

You will need to invest in housing and protecting them, as snails are delicate, and must retain their moisture to survive. There is not much competition in the industry and you can enjoy making profits without many challenges.

6. Haulage Services

The cost of taking a truck from one place to the other in Nigeria is between N20,000 to N200,000 per trip. Due to poor rail transport system, most of the Nigerian goods are transported through the road, making haulage business in Nigeria a viable one. Petroleum products haulage and movement of goods from manufacturers and importers are the aspect of haulage in Nigeria that is very lucrative now.

7) Fish farming

Fish farming is an evergreen venture in Nigeria as it is a necessity in every home. Many business men are begging to see this opportunity and in 2017 I see a lot more entrepreneurs diving into it on a larger scale.

cool Web Design and Forex Trading

Web design is an online service business that has been around for quite long; yet, the market is not saturated. With an ever growing demand for websites, forums and blogs; the momentum for web design services will never die down.

To get started as a web designer, all you need are some artistic talents, programming knowledge and time. As you design your websites, you must ensure you build your portfolio and look forward to having additional clients through word of mouth.

The most exciting fact about offering web design services is that you don’t need to know how to design a website or blog; all you need to do is to master the automated web design software made available online and you are in business.

Forex

Forex trading has over the years proven itself to be a viable source of income for many stay-at-home Nigerians. With the right training, a computer, internet connection and a little startup capital, you can start growing your revenues from trading forex.

What is Forex Trading? The Foreign Exchange market, also called FOREX or FX, is the global currency trading market. … On the FOREX market one currency is exchanged for another. The single most important thing on the FOREX market is the exchange rate between two currencies (a currency pair). Lets say you bought Dollar at a standard rate and then sold it at your own rate, and make some profits! With other freebies in Forex.

9) Open a Nursery And Primary School

School business has no rival among it’s mate. My little kids school fees take away close to a million naira per term just to learn ABC! School business in any level is a serious business in Nigeria that generate millions of naira.

10) Pure Water Production

Although this business needs some capital investment, it can be worth your effort and money in the long run particularly if you can manage pure water production and keep the quality intact over a long time. Your options are to sell as sachet, bagged or bottled water.

(http://otownloaded.com/top-10-online-business-business-ideas-nigeria-2017/)

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Ay04z(m): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nice compilation. People should start looking into cryptocurrency trading as well. is also profitable.

13 Likes

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Vilshow(m): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nice ideas up there.
I have got the best deal for you, Kindly Check Out My Signature

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by northvietnam(m): 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
V
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by imohchard(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
Church nko

Church business is lucrative in this recession oh for the following reasons:
1. Nigerians are gullible
2. Nigerians think that the only way to get out of recession is if you so see.
3. Pastors are wise.......no crooks

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by winkmart: 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
Mini importation has been my life saver for years

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Holyfield1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
Y
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by 00Ademi(m): 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
Not bad.
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by officialJP(m): 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
i need a record label am a gospel artist pls help
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Bayajidda1: 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2017
shocked
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by SkenolProp(m): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2017
farming is the way to go now. #MY PROFILE

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by robonski15(m): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2017
Fish Farming smiley
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by davidodiba(m): 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nice. Nursery / primary school up for me. Thanks
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Headlaw(m): 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
OP, did u just come down from abroad...... all this business are old as my grandpa

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Ologogoro: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
Bet Agent

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
imohchard:
Church nko

Haha very lucrative

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
If you try Forex for this economy
My brother and sister Sorry

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Young03(m): 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
I want to learn about affiliate marketing
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Godwithme01: 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
I am a record producer, hit me up for free instrumentals for the main time.

officialJP:
i need a record label am a gospel artist pls help

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by itiswellandwell: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
Good. Also check this new flash drive concept. Customised ATM CARD FLASH DRIVE ID CARD.

Check my signature for your CUSTOMISED ATM CARD FLASH DRIVE ID CARD.
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by aminusanti(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Great ideas...thnx
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Akinya17: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
winkmart:
Mini importation has been my life saver for years
can you give me ideas about this ?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by justineu(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by AuroraB(f): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Was expecting something new sad

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by CosmeticChemist(m): 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
If you have a small plodder or a very good mold... soap making is one of the best. You can make just one soap two buy bulking it with kaolin. That reduces cost of production..
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by justineu(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
This businesses needs huge capital. Would love to Av my own school.
Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Jcob(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
Oga good one. But as per the school, you can only gain what you invested. To set up an average school in Nigeria now you need a minimum of N20m. Other businesses are not that expensive though.

Good post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by cooltola(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
easy to type, but hard to do. Fish farming no be bean at all

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by darlenese(f): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
pig farming nkor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 by Sibe007(m): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
Good one!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FCMB Names Yemisi Edun As Acting MD / Credit Alert From An Unknown Person / Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.