Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs (23024 Views)

#free But Only For Serious People Who Will Practice The Skill. / Please My People, Who Know BUA Cement Group Of Coy? / Please My People, Who Have Heard About This Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by olowobaba10: 9:10am On Aug 19, 2017
THE THREAD IS MISLEADING, I THOUGHT THEY MEANT PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING 9 JOBS TO 5 JOBS A DAY .

1 Like

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 19, 2017
ItachiUchiha:
You guys are funny, why are you bothered about such talks? Keep bothering yourself until you find out that most of the people on Nairaland shouting entreprenuship and attacking workers are secondary school students and touts.
Walahi, no be lie!!
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by kingsilly(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2017
olowobaba10:
THE THREAD IS MISLEADING, I THOUGHT THEY MEANT PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING 9 JOBS TO 5 JOBS A DAY .

grin grin angry
You a clown I swear

2 Likes

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by successincentiv(m): 9:29am On Aug 19, 2017
My dear

I understand how you feel

It's your own decision and it's working for you.

Although am an entrepreneur, I will not advise others to quit their jobs and start their own business

- Because I need someone to be in the bank to take care of my money
- I need someone to teach to educate my children
- I need people who will become engineers to build my house and take care of my car

it's all about decision.

I decide to be free and financially independent by having my own business

2 Likes

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by olowobaba10: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2017
WHEN PIGS FLY
kingsilly:

grin grin angry
You a clown I swear
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by einsteine(m): 9:42am On Aug 19, 2017
successincentiv:
My dear

I understand how you feel

It's your own decision and it's working for you.

Although am an entrepreneur, I will not advise others to quit their jobs and start their own business

- Because I need someone to be in the bank to take care of my money
- I need someone to teach to educate my children
- I need people who will become engineers to build my house and take care of my car

it's all about decision.

I decide to be free and financially independent by having my own business

Isn't it funny that your own version of entrepreneurship is to teach people to be entrepreneurs?

1 Like

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by TheAlchemist: 9:43am On Aug 19, 2017
RealityShot:

Most of the peopele typing “ be your
own boss”, or “team self-employed” or quoting “your salary is the bribe given to
abandon your dream and build other people
dream” are students or sitting at home chopping Daddy or mommy food and collecting pocket money!

till we change our mentality about going from university class to 250k per month or daddy giving you 1million to start a business..

..and start thinking "work and save , then start a business part time, then go fulltime (if its successful)"..

..most Nigerians will just continue to start those failed businesses we see everywhere!

Lets be frank the Nigerian environment makes running your business a very difficult preposition. The same business that will easily survive in developed countries due to the wonderful financial and economic support structure in place would fail big time in Nigeria. Do you know how difficult it is to access funds for business expansion. If you can not access funds to either rejig or retool your business, how is the business supposed to survive. You would be lucky to find a finance outfit that would give you a loan at less than 30% interest rate P.A.

For those who have a 9 - 5 job, in Nigeria should hug onto their job, running a business with zero security, epileptic power supply and lack of government patronage is no joke.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Sagay212: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2017
ItachiUchiha:
You guys are funny, why are you bothered about such talks? Keep bothering yourself until you find out that most of the people on Nairaland shouting entreprenuship and attacking workers are secondary school students and touts.

Lol very correct. The mumus shouting entrepreneurship are hungry MF who can't even afford to feed regularly. They will be consoling themselves. Why should anybody bother about what any idio.t is talking about your 9-5 job? Even if you work 9-9, na you know the money wey you dey make. You just focus on making your money and let the MFs keep blabbing.

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by bedfordng(m): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2017
hmmm
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by seyibullion: 10:04am On Aug 19, 2017
well said son, well said!!!!
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by OlujobaSamuel: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2017
only idle minds get time to dey talk all dis katikati.
I work for someone and also have my own business, learning various skills from my boss as he was once a director of different mnc, even with the poor pay, the experience is paying off in respect to my own business.
people should just do what gives them joy, some of us will be employee while some will be employer, no one is inferior except that who thinks he is inferior.
Works for my boss during the day(when there is task to do), work on my business development at night(attend to it at day). I always see my boss online at odd hours of the night attending to business issues(we receive his mails mostly at night), so i know it's not an easy task in anyway, either to work for someone or yourself.
I've invested about 1m(funds from savings/friend/family) in various businesses, and i'm yet to even break even on the invested fund not to talk about profit, i currently breakeven on running cost, although no profit on that yet, but still deriving joy that the business is now taking care of itself.
For all the *team self-employed*, i wont tell you not to aspire, but pls have a mentor so you dont crash having no remnant like a plane that hit a mountain

5 Likes

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Digriz(m): 10:07am On Aug 19, 2017
If you are happy and comfortable with your pay job stay with it otherwise to have your own business is the best.
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Originalsly: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2017
" 9-5 job is a term for someone working a regular job... a job with a set time. Even if it's 6-2 or 8-4 or whatever... it is still referred to as a 9-5 job.
@ topic. Op...why bother?....did you notice the 'be your own boss' comment is usually followed by some kind of advertisement of a most likely failing business?...like be your own boss doing Naijabet?...selling recharge cards?...making millions selling pure water? .... or baiting readers with big dreams to buy in on the sooo many scams?....like MMM? If the person denouncing 9-5 jobs is a successful entrepreneur he would have 9-5 employees....so he has to be a hypocrite ...a liar...or just a dummy. I'm almost sure most of them shouting the same have been applying for 9-5 jobs and most of the others are jobless.
But.... there are those who do encourage others to consider being entrepreneurs instead of waiting around for months and years for a 9-5 job... or those in low paying jobs. Too many people see themselves as being employees only .... there are other ways to make a living and being an entrepreneur is an easy alternative.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by RealityShot: 10:09am On Aug 19, 2017
TheAlchemist:

Lets be frank the Nigerian environment makes running your business a very difficult preposition. The same business that will easily survive in developed countries due to the wonderful financial and economic support structure in place would fail big time in Nigeria. Do you know how difficult it is to access funds for business expansion. If you can not access funds to either rejig or retool your business, how is the business supposed to survive. You would be lucky to find a finance outfit that would give you a loan at less than 30% interest rate P.A.

For those who have a 9 - 5 job, in Nigeria should hug onto their job, running a business with zero security, epileptic power supply and lack of government patronage is no joke.
thank you!

my neighbour was selling food.
local boys entered there every night & ate any food they saw & take food stuffs..

..till her husband called all area boys & gave them drinks & begged.

all that stopped instantly.
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by RealityShot: 10:19am On Aug 19, 2017
In realty most RICH men work 6am-12midnight!

go check the facts.

when workers close;
..the boss stays on and checks the records
..reads reports
..starts preparing restocking
..sometimes holds strategic meetings with partners or potential partners
..goes to lobby on behalf of the company
..the boss also starts work before the workers everyday.
AND works 7days a week!

RESPECT THE BOSS AND THAT YOUR JOB!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 19, 2017
Digriz:
If you are happy and comfortable with your pay job stay with it otherwise to have your own business is the best.
there is no best... self discovery is key. There is no right or wrong way in making a living i.e business or career. An employee with chevron for instance would have made an income. Of over 150 million in 5 years. There are businesses that all through their life time say 30 years will not make upto half of that. There are jobs and there are jobs, same way there are businesses and there are businesses. Know yourself and what's best for you!

5 Likes

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by lonelydora: 10:40am On Aug 19, 2017
KillerBeauty:

I use to work 8-7 before

But thank God for God

I now work 8-2

Shift worker? Nurse, Doctor, Refinery?
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by opeyemitee(m): 10:41am On Aug 19, 2017
KillerBeauty:
It makes me laugh when I hear people bashing others who decide to work 9-5 jobs. Don’t get me wrong owning a business is great and the monetary reward are amazing. But some people like to switch off at 5 or 6pm.

Most people especially here on Nairaland, make it look as if working for someone means you are not being ambitious enough. They forget that it takes time to actually start making money from being self-employed.

Apparently so many people want to bear the name entrepreneur and rush into the ideal dream they have been nursing in their mind not knowing it entails a lot to really achieve that name entrepreneur. The most important thing in life should be doing what you love.

What I’m getting at is that not everyone wants to own a business and not everyone wants to work 9-5 jobs. We all have our purpose in life and shouldn’t make others feel bad just because their view point is different.

Some people think that been an entrepreneur is a sure way to be financially free while working for somebody means you are living a mediocre life. But that is simply a fallacy, I know business owners who are struggling to make ends meet while some salary earners are making more money in their jobs than them.

I know a lady working for a multinational firm here in Lagos who is earning 1.2million Naira a month, a job that have given her immense exposure and great confidence in her skills. I also know of another lady who owns a beauty shop with 5 staffs under her payroll but yet can’t boost of half of the first lady salary in a month. Yet some people won’t hesitate to talk down on 9-5 jobs.

We shouldn’t allow other people opinion influence our decision. If been a bus driver is your thing go for it. whether you choose to drive your own bus or work for a transport company is totally your choice and don’t let others put you down because of that. If you are not happy with your 9-5 job you can quit and do what makes you happy.

If you are taking your 9-5 job as a form of apprenticeship before starting your own business that is awesome but you shouldn’t mock others who are there for the long haul neither should you term them unambitious.

The crux of the matter is that if everybody decides to own a business who then will work in these established companies, who will help run the business. If we are all the same it will be a boring world.

People need to concentrate on themselves and worry about where they are going in life and not try to put a downer in other people happiness. Our differences are what makes this world amazing.

Henceforth, If anybody creates a thread on how to be an exceptional staff, or how to navigate normal office life or build great relationships with colleagues and bosses in the work place rather than typing “ be your own boss”, or “team self-employed” or quoting “your salary is the bribe given to abandon your dream and build other people dream” try and encourage people.

If need be, tell them how to create a dual source of income but don’t put them down because of the choices they have made.

I love this piece.
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by MiguelKingII(m): 10:46am On Aug 19, 2017
SINZ:
9-5?

I work 7-5 sad
Mon-Sat sadsad

7-5??

I work 6-6
Mon-Fri. embarassed embarassed
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by CosmeticChemist(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2017
delishpot:

Hahahaha grin grin Kids on rampage! I know most are kids but some are also sales men looking to sell their ebooks on how to become rich quick by being an entrepreneur

You can never be successful selling ebooks if you don't practice what you preach... I have sold over 6 thousand ebooks on this platform alone. I do it.. I have a factory... I have the machines. people visit my factory to learn and they also pay me.. I'm also coming up with another book on how to mill palm kernel oil, starting a polythene and polystyrene biz etc... It is going to be free..

2 Likes

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by MiguelKingII(m): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2017
KillerBeauty:
I use to work 8-7 before
But thank God for God
I now work 8-2
Why thanking God when I know u will be earning less now tongue tongue
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Acidosis(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2017
only "street hustlers" without a well defined job/business description talk down on 9-5 jobs. A sensible entrepreneur won't talk senselessly in that manner. There's absolutely nothing WRONG with a 9-5 or a 7-9 job. Whether you work under an employer or not, the most important thing is that you use your rewards/salary/earnings rightly.

8 Likes

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by mployer(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2017
The moment you own a business, your eye go clear grin

You go know say matter no be beans.

I still miss salary work sometimes cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by AreaFada2: 11:19am On Aug 19, 2017
Which serious entrepreneur talks down employees?

Such are not real ones.

Entrpreneurs need good employees for their business to succeed.

If all are self-employed, who will they employ?

1 Like

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by faithscharms(f): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2017
If you are a student or just looking for extra cash then check my signature for the easiest way to make money online,the only catch is you will have to stay online for hours verifying what they ask you,that's the only way you can make upto 200USD a day and withdraw by Western union,but like I said the amount you make depends on how long you staying online doing what the ask you to.Its a Russian site and organisation so you can use Google Chrome to open the site in order to get it in English..tank me latter with recharge cards goodluck http://d823.reddengi.top/241570313077/
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by anigold(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2017
Its funny when a 9-5 worker demonized an Entrepreneur the question you must ask yourself is who will create these job you are running to.. everyone is important both the employee and the employer but currently in a country like Nigeria where unemployment has hit new highs,we seriously need more entrepreneurs....

1 Like

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by anigold(m): 11:34am On Aug 19, 2017
mployer:

Running a business in a third world country like Nigeria where the odds against you is like 95% is so difficult..
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Welcomme: 11:41am On Aug 19, 2017
I have ventured into different online bizness since I have not gotten a Job for like 4months after serving... I am regretting now cuz I have lost in all the online bizness...Depression is even setting in now. Confused about this life!
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
anigold:
Its funny when a 9-5 worker demonized an Entrepreneur the question you must ask yourself is who will create these job you are running to.. everyone is important both the employee and the employer but currently in a country like Nigeria where unemployment has hit new highs,we seriously need more entrepreneurs....
there are more self claimed entrepreneurs more than job seeekers. Check around you very well. What w need is more successful enterprise not entrepreneurs. Question is, do we have the human capacity that got skills? Do we have an enabling environment? When you can answer thes questions, you will see why we are here.

1 Like

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
mployer:

lols, I can relate. To find customer is more work than finding a job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God Favoured Me With A Job At Last! / P & G Sending Congratulatory Messages / Top Interview Mistakes You Should Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.