Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,456 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

A Close Call;narrowly Escaped Armed Robbery While Journeying - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Close Call;narrowly Escaped Armed Robbery While Journeying (758 Views)

Lagos Police Refuses To Issue Report To Man Who Narrowly Escaped Being Killed By / Armed Robbery Attack On Abuja-Kaduna Highway, Travellers Kidnapped (Photos) . / Ikorodu Resident Recounts How He Narrowly Escaped Being Lynched By Mob (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Close Call;narrowly Escaped Armed Robbery While Journeying by dessz(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
This morning I took my bags to come back to Benin from Lagos cos of my uncles wedding,and I came to witness the bravery of the police and also lament on the crime rate in Nigerian roads.
I left by 9:30am and we were passing ijebu ode, by after 2.
When I experienced an armed robbery about 80-100 metres from my bus.
We first heard gunshots then I witnessed a sad yet hilarious scene,a bus that was 30metres from the shootout suddenly stopped and all the passengers started running. u would be shocked seeing people flying windows elderly people were running for their lives.
Our driver was a slow(in the head) one he just stopped the car looking dumbfounded whike my fellow passengers were screaming "turn this car" "REVERSE BACK.
the man couldn't even reverse quickly.he was just moving the car back and front trying to turn. while a second felt like an hour to we passengers.
then I came to see a brave police/army man, he ran out alone without help and engaged the robbers fearlessly shooting and scaring them off.
I normally had this Nigerian conception that any policeman that sees gun shootouts would turn tail and flee.but he showed my that there are still some good birds among the flock.
After we waited for 10mins we drove and continued our journey and saw the car that was robbed,it had a flat tyre(shot by a bullet) and the passengers were no where to be found either they fled or were kidnapped.

so I came to think how bad has our security becone that robbers have no fear and rob at broad daylight without fear of being caught and possibly killed.

lalasticlala mynd44 victornezzar tolexander vixkiz hungerbad marvel1206 what are your thoughts.
Re: A Close Call;narrowly Escaped Armed Robbery While Journeying by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2017
NCAN chairman almost got robbed.. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: A Close Call;narrowly Escaped Armed Robbery While Journeying by dessz(m): 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
fuckerstard:
lol fear being catch me
Re: A Close Call;narrowly Escaped Armed Robbery While Journeying by decatalyst(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
fuckerstard:

I hope the chairman got the names of the robbers?

Otherwise, we should be planning on how to impeach him already.

Those who support impeachment should click like and those against should click share.

I will try not to be bias in the impeachment process. So help me God grin
Re: A Close Call;narrowly Escaped Armed Robbery While Journeying by Victornezzar: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
dessz:
This morning I took my bags to come back to Benin from Lagos cos of my uncles wedding,and I came to witness the bravery of the police and also lament on the crime rate in Nigerian roads.
I left by 9:30am and we were passing ijebu ode, by after 2.
When I experienced an armed robbery about 80-100 metres from my bus.
We first heard gunshots then I witnessed a sad yet hilarious scene,a bus that was 30metres from the shootout suddenly stopped and all the passengers started running. u would be shocked seeing people flying windows elderly people were running for their lives.
Our driver was a slow(in the head) one he just stopped the car looking dumbfounded whike my fellow passengers were screaming "turn this car" "REVERSE BACK.
the man couldn't even reverse quickly.he was just moving the car back and front trying to turn. while a second felt like an hour to we passengers.
then I came to see a brave police/army man, he ran out alone without help and engaged the robbers fearlessly shooting and scaring them off.
I normally had this Nigerian conception that any policeman that sees gun shootouts would turn tail and flee.but he showed my that there are still some good birds among the flock.
After we waited for 10mins we drove and continued our journey and saw the car that was robbed,it had a flat tyre(shot by a bullet) and the passengers were no where to be found either they fled or were kidnapped.

so I came to think how bad has our security becone that robbers have no fear and rob at broad daylight without fear of being caught and possibly killed.

lalasticlala mynd44 victornezzar tolexander vixkiz hungerbad marvel1206 what are your thoughts.
ncan chairman thank ur God
we still gat good security personnels
can still remember a time I nd my bri got stranded at Anthony
1 police man gave us cash 2 get fuel
was so surprised man.....my ideology about police men changed since dat day
governments are d 1 making dem 2 collect bribes
Re: A Close Call;narrowly Escaped Armed Robbery While Journeying by Marvel1206: 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hehehe. All your life go don dey replay for ur head that moment. But you really got lucky.. thank God for you
Re: A Close Call;narrowly Escaped Armed Robbery While Journeying by xangerar: 5:15am On Aug 20, 2017
It is becoming rapmpart on that stretch. At about 9.30 am on Monday the 14th August, we had to stop at Benin bypass to wait out a morning robbery operation. I had one took place at Sagamu the other day too.

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Beat Up Abuja Man For Refusing To Pay Before Attending A Party (vid) / Watch Bloody Video How That 12yrs Boy Was Killed Today In Owere / Female NYSC Member Nearly Strangled To Death In A Bid To Get Movie Role(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.