Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

My Dad And His Brother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad And His Brother (1120 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Man Helps His Brother In Giving Birth To 3 Kids With His Wife, While He's Away / Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad And His Brother by Bornlastnight: 12:24am On Aug 19, 2017
Hello, please I need mature advice.

How do I let my dad realise his folly in trusting his brother (step) too much?

I mean, this is someone everyone knows to be proud and condescending. Someone who doesn't respect you enough to the extent of talking down on your father and making it seem as if your dad is not competent enough to raise you, but he would be acting all nice Infront of you and your father.

This is someone who thinks only his children deserves to succeed and when he hears any news about any progress you are about to make ,(oftentimes, he hears it from your dad) he finds a way to discourage you wether by feigning unnecessary anger/coldness towards you or outrightly trying to convince you why you shouldn't partake in the endeavor, and often times, your dad agrees with him.

This is the same man that whatever happens in his family stays within, but whatever goes on in yours,he is made aware of it by your dad.

I mean, it's so fvcking annoying. It has reached to an extent now that I'm beginning to think twice about letting my dad aware of all my endeavors for fear of this uncle getting involved in it, one way or the other.

I mean, I just want to mind my business and run my affairs low-key. Is it a crime to want to leave a private life?

No, I'm not being secretive, I just want to face my life and handle my business without letting the whole world know what I'm up to.
Re: My Dad And His Brother by Teaveapoet(f): 12:30am On Aug 19, 2017
This might sound funny and stupid but i really want you to pray for him. winks# yea! dont report him to humans but God.
dontquoteme#
Re: My Dad And His Brother by shege45: 6:42am On Aug 19, 2017
then talk to ur dad...if u are mature
Re: My Dad And His Brother by sisisioge: 6:56am On Aug 19, 2017
Talk to you dad when he's most settles and you most calm...then mind your business afterwards. Keep your parols to yourself until you notice major changes in him.

I know your uncle's type. Sometimes, that behavior is so innate, they don't even know it is there.
Re: My Dad And His Brother by itiswellandwell: 8:11am On Aug 19, 2017
OP, I once had a friend who had was passing through such similar situation. The truth is that, your dad will not cease trusting his brother.
what my friend did was to pack out of the house and rent a room for himself. His dad didnt know anything about his life anymore and he doesnt tell him anything eitherl. Now, he's doing fine the last time we met.

Just distance yourself from your dad and keep your mouth shut concerning your progress in life. Wish you all the very best.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad And His Brother by Prognose: 8:56am On Aug 19, 2017
itiswellandwell:
OP, I once had a friend who had was passing through such similar situation. The truth is that, your dad will not cease trusting his brother.
what my friend did was to pack out of the house and rent a room for himself. His dad didnt know anything about his life anymore and he doesnt tell him anything eitherl. Now, he's doing fine the last time we met.

Just distance yourself from your dad and keep your mouth shut concerning your progress in life. Wish you all the very best.

Supported.
Re: My Dad And His Brother by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Since you've tuned in on the stepbrother's ways and your Dad is always communicating info about u to him, then u need to stop telling your Dad your plans or what you're doing in your life. Since your Dad is naive about his stepbrother then it's up to you to protect yourself b/c the stepbro obviously doesn't want to see u succeed.

1 Like

Re: My Dad And His Brother by tayo60(f): 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2017
WiredLeggings:
Since you've tuned in on the stepbrother's ways and your Dad is always communicating info about u to him, then u need to stop telling your Dad your plans or what you're doing in your life. Since your Dad is naive about his stepbrother then it's up to you to protect yourself b/c the stepbro obviously doesn't want to see u succeed.
Seconded
Re: My Dad And His Brother by eyinjuege: 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2017
Theres no need to get all worked up

You already have the answers you seek.

Don't involve your dad in whatever you want to do.
Once it's clicked, let him know. If he's angry you didn't inform him before doing it, tell him it's because you don't want your uncle to find out, and you know he'll tell his brother

(1) (Reply)

Help! / Football Academy For 4-18yrs / Nigerian Family Hires A Man To Continually Have Sex With Daughter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.