Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,968 members, 7,799,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Please Help: How Do I Stop These Addictions? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help: How Do I Stop These Addictions? (539 Views)

My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! / Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! / Sweating On The Palms, How Do I Stop it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help: How Do I Stop These Addictions? by Ineedanangel: 7:39am On Aug 19, 2017
I am an old member of this forum. In fact, I have been a member since the days of sexkillz, idowuogbo, borntofuck, etc!
Though I opened this account newly to save "face".
I have an old account that is somewhat popular on nairaland......... at least a bit.

Since I lost my well paying job years back, for something I knew nothing about, I have been drinking alcohol(beer) a lot and smoking a lot too.

At first, it started like I was able to control it, but now, it seems I can't do without it. I just have to take it every night. The urge usually comes in the evening/night.
It has gotten to the extent that even if I don't have money, I must look for a way to indulge in it. Any money I get, goes to alcohol and cigarette. I am seriously addicted, just like junkies!

At a point I discovered I have been wasting my life all these years, and I decided to stop, for my health sake and for the money I waste on a daily.
I would stop for like 2 days! The third day, the urge comes again, pushing me and telling me to go enjoy myself and forget my worries/sorrows.
After some bottles, I go home, sleep, and when I wake up in the morning, I'm filled with regrets......oh God, why did I do this again. cry cry God, can't you just stop this for me......I ask God!

At times my shallow mind tells me I'm being manipulated diabolically. But I know its not so.........I just don't have self control.

I am not the sex freek type. I can stay for months without sex, and anytime the urge comes, I could just masturbate once and that's it. I don't do ashis or oloshos. I use to do my girl, before we parted ways!

Now, in all these I still submit CV's and I often go for tests and interview, but still no job. I often pass all my tests, but i don't get called back after the first or second interview. I have also tried starting up a business but it failed. I am not a business person.

I really need your help on how to stop completely.....both alcohol and cigarette. I need more than your advice. I need to be rehabilitated. I am killing myself gradually, but I really want to stop.
I want to live a good life. I want to settle down and be responsible.

I don't need your money.......All I need is to help me stop these addictions. Please save my soul cry cry

For the bashers, you can bash me, abuse me, say all kinds of demeaning words, ONLY if you have no sin in you. Like Jesus said; let he/she WITHOUT sin, throw the first stone at this adulterous woman!

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do I Stop These Addictions? by cuntbro: 9:19am On Aug 19, 2017
bro your case hard small but still yet on current parameters, you are still a saint. once you don't get drunk while drinking. how much come be beer sef? don't get me wrong, I am not trying to encourage you. but let's be realistic, you have lesser demon because you don't womanize. that's a plus.

now getting to your solution, like all addictions you can't just stop abruptly. its also like the starting, a gradual process. start with substituting ur brand of beer to a better one like orijin. really don't know if there is a better smoke out there. gradually you start reducing the amount you take in a day, in a week. before you know it. its gone. more importantly get a tasking job cos that also a contributory factor.
Re: Please Help: How Do I Stop These Addictions? by LekkyD007: 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2017
To quit an addiction you can distract yourself by getting addicted to something else. Now am not asking you take up something worse but you can always find something else that gives you pleasure, get addicted to it and in no time you'll see you have no time to drink/smoke. My piece

(1) (Reply)

10 Signs You Are Eating Too Much Sugar / Soar Throat And Streptococcus throat and yeast treatment at home / FORWARD HEAD SYNDROME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.