Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria (22303 Views)

How To Get 50MB Everyday For Free On MTN Network. No Deadline!!! / Enjoy Endless Streaming And Downloading On Youtube Via MTN Network / Who Else Has Seen Mtn 4g+ On Their Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by championeh(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Why must it be MTN? How about other Network providers? They might not find the place worthy of investment or their might be in their Rollout plan in the nearest future.

The cost of setting up a Base station is much and if the forecast ROI is not favorably, they might not be coming anytime soon and till the population increases.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by AceDomino(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Try ODUATEL
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by KingBish(f): 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
Op I don't understand why you're specifically calling out MTN tho. embarassed
Even your offer of a land sounds like you're simply seeking for a means to enrich yourself. grin
Why not make a formal complaint, through your paramount ruler to the NCC chapter in your state? cool
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by logadims: 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
KingBish:
Op I don't understand why you're specifically calling out MTN tho. embarassed
Even your offer of a land sounds like you're simply seeking for a means to enrich yourself. grin
Why not make a formal complaint, through your paramount ruler to the NCC chapter in your state? cool
I have more than enough to feed your family and relations inclusive... mind you am giving them the Land free of charge...
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Apipia: 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2017
Horo:

op what is going to be return on investment? building a site require alot of fund so it's depend on population,schools,govt offices,tertiary etc these are some of things considered before site is built
It will cost Non of the networks nothing, only manpower. All they need do, is to deduct from subscribers accounts without permission while you're sleeping just 10 to 50naira, by what is called guerrilla marketing system or known as corporate stealthily stealing.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Mezurum01: 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
Kai! But there is airtel and etisalat there now am from the neighboring community Umuebi Amuzu. It must not be mtn

2 Likes

Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Onyinye15(f): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
Its not ordinary
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by ProWalker: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
logadims:
it is with anger in my heart that I make this complain to you!
in my village people are not allowed to make/receive calls,
browse, text etc. this problem is as a result of "Lack of Mast"
and has been affecting the villagers of in that community for
over 10years.

I've sent numerous messages to MTN via their
twitter and facebook page/handle. All they tell me is that their support team is on it. No action whatsoever.. ( since 2 years + now. Nothing has been done there. the Name of the community is Lorji in Aboh-Mbaise Local Government of Imo-state(it is comprised of up to 5 villages).

This problem has caused deaths and great problem to them(the villagers, since there is no way to call for help from Police, doctors etc.. when one is in trouble. please we need a Mast. why the isolation?

If getting a land will the issue/problem then, am willing to offer MTN lands to plant the mast..

How many days of the year do you stay in the village?
It's not just economically viable to site a telecom mast that will only be profitable in December.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Memories12411: 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
Your village people need to migrate to where there's network since it is their major headache.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Idyllik(f): 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2017
MTN
Everywhere you go
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by JideSM: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
logadims:
over 10years.

twitter and facebook page/handle. All they tell me is that their support team is on it. No action whatsoever.. ( since 2 years + now. Nothing has been done there. the Name of the community is Lorji in Aboh-Mbaise Local Government of Imo-state(it is comprised of up to 5 villages).

This problem has caused deaths and great problem to them(the villagers, since there is no way to call for help from Police, doctors etc.. when one is in trouble. please we need a Mast. why the isolation?

If getting a land will the issue/problem then, am willing to offer MTN lands to plant the mast..

Hello logadims, I really feel for what you and your community are currently facing. Feedback received from our Twitter handle @MTN180 on same complaint by you, is that the issue is already being looked into. Kindly exercise some patience. Regards.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by tonguengineer(m): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
That means mtn is a liar then

I thought their slogan is everywhere u go

So y re they not in ur village
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by jamesbridget13(f): 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
logadims:
even MTN knows, i've spoken to them, they have even sent their team there(according to them) but are not doing anything to help the community.
u re right joor. Not just ur community op. A lot of communities in Nigeria suffers dsame thing mine included though mine is not as bad as urs. U can call n surf d net but d network is so poor cos d mast is located in another community. Well bottomline is dat telecom still has a lot to do
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by degamemaster(m): 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
logadims:
over 10years.

Nwannem nwanyi, ISE WU OTU. I wish you the very best and success. WE need more infrastructures in MBAISE cos our place is fast developing.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by 8stargeneral: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
Dat ur village is remote i must say...but where are u postn dis news from?
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by alaskido(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
My brother, you are better off without MTN o. MTN has caused a lot of havoc on Nigerians.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by immaq8(f): 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
logadims:
over 10years.

D witches in ur village don't want 2 retire. Tell them to retire for development to take over
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by immaq8(f): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
logadims:
over 10years...
D witches in ur village don't want 2 retire. Tell them to retire for development to take over
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by catherineokezie(f): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
Same as Bwonpe village @ mangu local government in plateau state. We went there for rural rugged and throughout our stay there no mtn network
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Ofemmanu1: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
Kondomatic:
Then your community is not in Nigeria
immaq8:

8stargeneral:
Memories12411:
Your village people need to migrate to where there's network since it is their major headache.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Ofemmanu1: 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
Kondomatic:
Then your community is not in Nigeria
immaq8:

8stargeneral:
Memories12411:

Sardaunna cursed the flatti., even Kanu called them eediots and pigs.
Yall should remember flatron region is a godforsaken marginallised potor area of the Niger, no teleco wants to enter into a hell hole.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Kondomatic(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

Sardaunna cursed the flatti., even Kanu called them eediots and pigs.
Yall should remember flatron region is a godforsaken marginallised potor area of the Niger, no teleco wants to enter into a hell hole.
Kindly desist from quoting me on here
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by ceragon123: 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
And later the area boys will start demanding money from FMEs and "right" before refuelling. Oga climb a tree and do your calls jor
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Oshin56(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
your village is not made in Nigeria na made in biafra republic I beg no vex
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Igweann979(f): 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
logadims:
over 10years.

what the name of your community?
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
MTN got to my village, years (over 5 years) after GLO arrived. Stop this craz.y obsession with MTN. I find it craz.ily nauseating when Nigerians go craz.y and sometimes lose their sanity over foreign and imported products/services.

Is it a must to use MTN? Why the obsession? As far as I'm concerned, MTN and other telecom companies do not whole neither you nor your village people ANYTHING. Stop acting as though it is your right to instruct a private telecom when and where to install their services.

1 Like

Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by logadims: 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
Igweann979:
what the name of your community?
Lorji
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by phiszo(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2017
TINALETC3:
undecided same wt my villa, tot of traveling dis Xmas wtout network is so boring, GLO and airtel ar both manageable and frustrating, mtn is zero, Apkugo in Nkanu west LGA Enugu state, we need help
I served there and network was bullshit.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by NijaWizard007: 8:17am On Aug 24, 2017
Apipia:

It will cost Non of the networks nothing, only manpower. All they need do, is to deduct from subscribers accounts without permission while you're sleeping just 10 to 50naira, by what is called guerrilla marketing system or known as corporate stealthily stealing.

You think installing masts is cheap abi?
WehDon
Google is always there to help you.
Land, manpower, equipments, engineers, generator, diesel to run the generator, service men to maintain the site, paying fee to agberos in the community, etc.

These things run into tens of millions or more.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by NijaWizard007: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2017
logadims:
over 10years.

I'm wondering why only one telecomm company is mentioned in this post. You have GLO, Airtel and Etisalat but it's MTN that's your problem abi? U say pple are dying cos of network and you don't want to change to other available networks. wehdon. You do realise these telecomm companies are private businesses, and not NGOs. Is your community economically viable enough for MTN and co to make profits? You'd rather them run on losses just to get mast in your village? if 90% of the villagers use MTN, it means there's network at least for you guys; which may mean that there's a mast in another community that is serving your community. Abi, why will 90% of people have a sim for up to 10 years when it doesn't work?

The place I served had no GLO, MTN or Etisalat network. Only Airtel. Even with the Airtel, I had to position my sim on the window. It was as bad as that. I simply bought an Airtel sim to be reachable. Life nor be stress.

The Nigerian government has a role to play in making life easy for the citizens. If there was 24 hours power supply, the money used for fuel/diesel by these operators could be used to provide masts in such areas. As a business man, I know how much I spend on fuel in a day when there's no light. In a month, tens of thousands. Now compare that to hundreds/thousands of base stations across Nigeria.
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by femi4: 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
kayLion:
We have 4 major telecom companies in the country, why is it only MTN that you guys are mentioning?...cant others also take charge or na only MTN dey?....
@OP, send letters to other companies too..
na only mtn dey claim "everywhere you go"
Re: Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria by Apipia: 11:47pm On Aug 24, 2017
logadims:
please help me out. send me your contact: Logadims@gmail.com please!!!
I may not influence the decision of any of this networks,
Kanayo O Kanayo been a glo ambassador and an indigene of Aboh Mbaise, same proximity with Lorji can be of help. He is on Twitter follow him @kanayoOkanayo and send him a private direct message
Follow me on Twitter @jangulabi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Difference Between Snapdragon And Mediatek. / Why Nigerians Dont Need Free Wifi - Foreign Businessman (pic/video) / One Charge For 3 Days: Itel Releases Itel P40 With 6000mah Battery In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.