Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,794 members, 7,798,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) (21105 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. / Help Needed Concerning Restitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by GoodMuyis(m): 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2017
Restitution is one of the cardinal principles of the Bible, call it doctrine. "Restitution is making amends for wrongs done against our fellow men, restoring stolen things to the rightful owners, paying debts, giving back where one has defrauded, making confessions to the offended and apologizing to those slandered so as to have a conscience void of offence towards God and man. Genesis 20:1-8; 14-18; Exodus 22:1-7; Leviticus 6:1-17; Numbers 5:6-8; 2 Samuel 12:1-6; Proverbs 6:31; Ezekiel 33:14-16; Mathew 23:24; Luke 19:8,9; Acts 23:1-5; 24:16; James 4:17; 5:6."

The Purpose of restitution is to clear our conscience from condemnation, so as to receive justification from God. There are people in the bible that made restitution:

Herod return Abraham's wife with apology
David apologized for cutting King Saul Rob
Zacheous return three-fold of what he wrongly collected.
Paul apologized for insulting the high priest.
Etc

The above shows that restitution is important and shows maturity in the Christianity we profess. But it’s a pain in the heart when I read online the number of people who return their WAEC certificate in the process of restitution, and how we the same Christian who should be happy and applaud them for a bravery action went about insulting them.

The same happen to Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby), who came out to make amendment of her wrong, she went as far as publishing a 150 page book just to make peace with God and please him, yet we that we label ourselves children of God will be among the people who condemned her, this is unjust. We should be happy to see Christian who publicly raised the banner of true Christianity, as for me I congratulate her for that action … and am happy for her.

David said through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit (Ps 32)
1. ...Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

We cannot justify ourselves, God is the only one that can justify us. After genuine repentance, it is expected of us to make any amendment of any wrong done this will clear our mind from any condemnation whether from self or satan, also this will show that we are genuine children of God.

Restitution will not hurt you, rather it create prestigious reflection of you to the world. In all the case I did restitution, to Muslim or Christian, none of them had ever condemned me. If you did yours God will be happy with you.
It is better to pleased God always …. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile….

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by GoodMuyis(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2017
I know some may ask certain question regarding difficulty in restitution. What I will recommend is, if you feel that your case is very fragile and you cant handle it, It is better to seek advice from a Mature Christian Elders who believed in restitution.

Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by sonofthunder: 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
God give us the grace to rightly align our ways with you and with our fellow men...

2 Likes

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by GoodMuyis(m): 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
sonofthunder:
God give us the grace to rightly align our ways with you and with our fellow men...

Hey bro I thought you make enquiry about Bulk SMS Sometimes ago
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by sonofthunder: 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Hey bro I thought you make enquiry about Bulk SMS Sometimes ago
yes sir... I called your number but seems you were away from the phone. I will try and put a call through tomorrow evening.
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Flexherbal(m): 11:13am On Aug 20, 2017
Love is all that matters
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by iVentHub(m): 11:13am On Aug 20, 2017
OP na you post na you still first to comment.. I think restitution should start with you...

16 Likes

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Partnerbiz3: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2017
Chai
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by sharksnew: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2017
ok
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by vicola0281: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2017
I didn't even read.. I just dy pass o

1 Like

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Factfinder1(m): 11:15am On Aug 20, 2017
Mumu story
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by EmperorLee(m): 11:15am On Aug 20, 2017
Mtcheew. Iranu abasha
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by olowobaba10: 11:15am On Aug 20, 2017
JULIAN STILL SOLD THE BOOKS AND MADE GOOD MONEY OR DID SHE GIVE THEM OUT FREE ? USE YOUR SENSE.

17 Likes

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by babyfaceafrica: 11:16am On Aug 20, 2017
Wrong analogy...toyo na lienus
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by sisisioge: 11:21am On Aug 20, 2017
Whew! I'm so sorry embarassed I'm one of those who believe some things are simply unnecessary. Nobody asked her to lie or unlie in the first place...let's just live right biko and mind our spooning bizez! I'm so sorry embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by dapyd1(m): 11:22am On Aug 20, 2017
SHE LIED

Restitution does not equate to lying.

If I steal a phone from someone. I later give my life to Christ and I want restitution. I apologize to the person and return the phone (if possible). I believe in Romans 8 that there is no condemnation for me in Christ Jesus.

It does not confer me the right to lie that I never stole a phone in the first place. That's the issue she is facing

9 Likes

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Thatlonevoice(m): 11:27am On Aug 20, 2017
diggers been digging right from the word go.... u will find oil ooo in this toyo baby ooo....

smh
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by MidasTouche01(m): 11:27am On Aug 20, 2017
Creating unnecessary publicity for her book... undecided

Restitution

3 Likes

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Awoo88: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2017
She lied about her virginity because she was delusional after acting in Jenifer's dairy. She forget momentarily what was real. The character got to her and she continue playing it outside the set. She is coming out because she need to sell a book. Restitution is not trying to profits from some controversy.

10 Likes

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Apina(m): 11:30am On Aug 20, 2017
I don't think this op understands what it means to restitute. Your case study is one of a daughter of one certain Mr Linus MBA living in self deceit.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Fatasy(m): 11:30am On Aug 20, 2017
Fast rising actress, I wonder how many movies she has written or featured in

1 Like

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Raintaker(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2017
The girl's PR handlers are good.
Any publicity is good publicity.

We now know her.

4 Likes

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by wjxavier(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2017
Perhaps the OP meant admitting wrong. This is not restitution.

Restitution is demonic.

A certain brother had been sleeping with his brothers wife, when he suddenly got born again.

He stopped and started living godly all his days.

One day, he goes to church and hears the accursed message of restitution.

He gets home, calls his older brother aside and confesses his "past deeds".

Big bro is like "No lele nah...shebi my wife Na our wife. It's all good"

It was almost 2am when the brother got up and hacked his little brother to death.

Shey restitution will let him make heaven sha?

To you reading this...

Restitution is basically some old fool telling you how to live.

First of all, the new creation is new. He never sinned...never existed before.

So he basically has no past to go and confess anywhere.

But what about wrongs done as a Christian?

Is it your wrong?

Wait! Why is always some self-righteous bard harping on this issue, and telling others how to live?

Beware of dogs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by oluwatymylehyn(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
Well said
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Alitair(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
Op please I want you to know that light and darkness has nothing in common...
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by biggerboyc(m): 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hello did you say Toyo baby make restitution. nah, she make money

4 Likes

Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Daviddson(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Daviddson(m): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
Re: Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) by Daviddson(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
wjxavier:

First of all, the new creation is new. He never sinned...never existed before.
So he basically has no past to go and confess anywhere.
But what about wrongs done as a Christian?
Is it your wrong?
Wrong, sir! You mean the money you were owing before you became born again has passed away too?
Bros, restitution is biblical. Zachaeus did it, Paul offered to pay Philemon whatever los he had incurred by his slave Onesimus running away. And a host of other examples.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / MFM 2016 Annual 70 Days Fasting And Prayers Begins Today Monday 8th August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.