Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505071 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
geebaby10:
Please I have a question

Person A had over 3 years in one job then started a new job post ITA. Because new job is less than two months at the time 90 days is up, a reference letter cannot be obtained as Peron A is still in training in the new job.

For documentation Person A uploads a proper reference letter for the first job (this is the work experience that points were claimed for before ITA) and for the second one, uploads just the employment letter. In the LOE, the person explains that as the job is new and training is still ongoing, roles and responsibilities have not been properly defined and includes other details about the job like hours a week etc.

Both jobs were listed in the employment place and personal history place. Documents have already been submitted.

Please what are the implications of this?
ITA was received, more so, maximum points needed for work experience is already attained with previous job, why not leave the new job out of employment history?. Capturing the new job in personal history should be sufficient.

By documents have already been submitted, do you mean application submitted? (and gotten AOR). If so, what you listed up there should suffice, I believe.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jenny3(f): 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2017
Person A is on track, � employment letter and LOE are fine, I suggest the LOE just says the company doesn't provide reference letter to unconfirmed employee. If there is not yet a formal job description include a summary of your current duties and the applicable NOC. If you are comfortable including your direct boss contact details you can include if not leave out. I assume the NOC of your new job is same as your previous job or an allowable NOC for express entry
geebaby10:
Thanksss for the response. @yimiton it took about 6 working days to get a response.

Please I have a question

Person A had over 3 years in one job then started a new job post ITA. Because new job is less than two months at the time 90 days is up, a reference letter cannot be obtained as Peron A is still in training in the new job.

For documentation Person A uploads a proper reference letter for the first job (this is the work experience that points were claimed for before ITA) and for the second one, uploads just the employment letter. In the LOE, the person explains that as the job is new and training is still ongoing, roles and responsibilities have not been properly defined and includes other details about the job like hours a week etc.

Both jobs were listed in the employment place and personal history place. Documents have already been submitted.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
Kontagious:

ITA was received, more so, maximum points needed for work experience is already attained with previous job, why not leave the new job out of employment history?. Capturing the new job in personal history should be sufficient.

By documents have already been submitted, do you mean application submitted? (and gotten AOR). If so, what you listed up there should suffice, I believe.

thanks for your response.

Yes. AOR has been received early Aug.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2017
jenny3:
Person A is on track, � employment letter and LOE are fine, I suggest the LOE just says the company doesn't provide reference letter to unconfirmed employee. If there is not yet a formal job description include a summary of your current duties and the applicable NOC. If you are comfortable including your direct boss contact details you can include if not leave out. I assume the NOC of your new job is same as your previous job or an allowable NOC for express entry

Thanks for responding.

NOC is different but it allowable under express entry. First job is 1111 second is 1114. LOE stated that training was still ongoing so roles and responsibilities were yet to be properly defined.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
Since the first job is over 3 years, the proposed action is perfect.

geebaby10:
Thanksss for the response. @yimiton it took about 6 working days to get a response.

Please I have a question

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JORN: 12:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
Good afternoon Fam.

Its so nice to be here.

I have been reading the threads for days unending and i believe the information received have been really helpful to so many persons in cluding me.

Thank you all.

I have a little challenge and I pray to be given a helping Hand. This is it:

1. I have done my IELTs with the following scores: L 8; R 7; W 6; S 7.5
2. Sent my ECA to ICAS and have been replied
3. have a 12 years Experience as a teacher with Bsc Industrial Mathematics and PGDE
4. NOC is 'A 4031'
5. Have a wife and three Children
6. I am 40yrs old
7. Just got admitted for Msc Mathematics
8. Now tried using the come to Canada online tool to check for my eligibility and along the line was asked how many years experience do i have as a skilled worker in Canada, then my NOC. I replied none for each since i have not been to Canada and was told i was not eligible to apply. Should I have used answered on the affirmative based on the fact that i already posses this skills in Nigeria as well as the NOC in Nigeria?

What are my Chances?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Saturi: 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
Am getting ready for ITA.

However, will like to know of the 3 accredited hospital in Lagos, which is most efficient and responsive with the fastest upload of the medical report to CIC.

Also whats the procedure for scheduling appointment and the cost.

The police report can be gotten from Alagbon ikoyi, and whats the rate for that too and how long does it take.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
For your Noc, it should be the number of years at ur present job. In this case you have 12 years experience. So you select 3 years and above.

Greetings.

JORN:
Good afternoon Fam.

Its so nice to be here.

I have been reading the threads for days unending and i believe the information received have been really helpful to so many persons in cluding me.

Thank you all.

3. have a 12 years Experience as a teacher with Bsc Industrial Mathematics and PGDE
4. NOC is 'A 4031'
6. I am 40yrs old
8. Now tried using the come to Canada online tool to check for my eligibility and along the line was asked how many years experience do i have as a skilled worker in Canada, then my NOC. I replied none for each since i have not been to Canada and was told i was not eligible to apply. Should I have used answered on the affirmative based on the fact that i already posses this skills in Nigeria as well as the NOC in Nigeria?

What are my Chances?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JustinTrudeau: 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
No definite time, i'm just soaking it in each day.All i get after sending them an email is:

Thank you for contacting us, we appreciate your patience.

We're working very hard to ensure that we get feedback from the team as soon as possible; we have been in contact with them.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Kind regards,

Emmanuel Alegwu | Exams Officer | IELTS

British Council Nigeria | 20 Thompson Avenue| Ikoyi | Lagos | Nigeria

Kontagious:
A plea to all,

If you have an issue that has been touchlighted by the house, please do well to update the house even if na minor movement. Let’s learn from you and keep the information bank rich.

kissoflife, any update as regards your ECA conversion?

Our honorable PM, JustinTrudeau, what’s BC saying? Any definite time to expect your result?

Wapu, were you able to resolve your missing result with BC? and hope you've made progress on your ECA with IQAS

Miminice, your EOR (though not needed) should be about its 10th week by now, any word from BC yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jummolami: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
Sent a PM.

Respond ASAP

balogunsam:

The verification request WES sends to schools after receiving transcript and your certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bensky: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
Thank you for the info. Please do you have an idea how much uniport will ask for both certificate and transcript. Also on my international passport they made a mistake with the date of birth can i use it like that or will my result will show my original date of birth on the certificate . Kindly help me verify this questions before i go ahead with processing.
bigbroda:

Yes they were having issues with Uniport but it has been sorted. As informed by Cochtrane, u can complete your ECA with WES submitting your Uniport certificate. I completed mine some months ago however, u r right with d certificate verification part. Uniport wants WES to pay them some dollars before verifying and WES ain't ready to pay a dime so WES will tell u to sort dat part out with your school. My advice, follow up with Uniport for d verification part and pay d necessary dough. Though crazy, it's what is obtainable.

Wish u goodluck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
ajiifixing:

Bigfido,
Na wa o. Do you know there is something called child support? You have not been paying child support and you want to bring down embassy?.
Please lets get this straight, what if she was raped by an unknown person? will CIC be asking her for the father?
As far as I know, once she indicates single she could have 5 kids it doesn't concern CIC.

Ok sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
JORN:
Good afternoon Fam.

Its so nice to be here.

Thank you all.

1. I have done my IELTs with the following scores: L 8; R 7; W 6; S 7.5 -7.5 You need to re-write. Your writing is too low, it needs to come up to 7.5 at least. While you're at it, try to get L 8.5; R 8; W 8; S 7.5
2. Sent my ECA to ICAS and have been replied - ICAS takes quite a long time to respond. If you'd been reading this tread, you'll notice that people are usually advised to use WES, IQAS or recently, ICES.
3. have a 12 years Experience as a teacher with Bsc Industrial Mathematics and PGDE - Hope you evaluated both certificates to give you more points?
4. NOC is 'A 4031'
5. Have a wife and three Children - Is your wife younger? Can she write and pass IELTS? Does she have a BSc with or diploma or Masters? If yes, you guys stand a better chance with she being the principal applicant. Your age will fetch you very little points
6. I am 40yrs old - refer to answer number 5
7. Just got admitted for Msc Mathematics 0 This can't count...at least, not yet
8. Now tried using the come to Canada online tool to check for my eligibility and along the line was asked how many years experience do i have as a skilled worker in Canada answer is 0, then my NOC You have a NOC now, write the NOC there. I replied none for each since i have not been to Canada and was told i was not eligible to apply. Should I have used answered on the affirmative based on the fact that i already posses this skills in Nigeria as well as the NOC in Nigeria?

What are my Chances?

If your wife doesn't write IELTS and she doesn't assess any certificate, with your current profile, you have only 320 and a very very very slim chance of getting a provincial nomination. If your wife assesses a certificate, (let's say BSc), she'll give you 8 points. If she writes IELTS and gets 8777, she'll give you another 20 points, which will be a total of 345. That's still pretty low honestly.

So, please refer to my points in the response above and see how you can get better scores.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
JORN:

4. NOC is 'A 4031'
6. I am 40yrs old

What are my Chances?

Thank you.
Please clarify ICAS or ICES. If ICAS, what reply did you get and when are you expecting to receive the ECA... You might want to consider a shift to a more reliable body if you are just starting with ICAS.

Sadly, your age puts you at a disadvantage, as you will be losing lots of needed points. When did you take your ielts, was it less than 6 weeks back? If yes, please request for a remark in your writing.

Another way around your situation is to make you wife the PA. How old is she and does she have work experience that falls within the A, B, 0 category? If yes, and a bit younger, she might be a better option at being the PA. You’d just have to prep her for ielts and go for her ECA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
@JORN yimiton and Kontagious have said it all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by abiriba: 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Good day Good people of NL,
Please I want to submit a profile without my ECA.Can I still update the same profile when the ECA report comes out or will I be required to create a new profile when the ECA comes out?

Kindly assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JORN: 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
@Funsobabs.

Thanks for prompt response.

This is actually the questions asked (copied from CIC site)

1. In the last three years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have in Canada? It must have been full-time (or an equal amount in part time).

**Options given
None
Less than one year
one year and above

I answered none since I have not been to Canada.

2.During this period, which National Occupation Classification (NOC) level is most of the experience in? If you do not have any Canadian work experience during this period, please choose "None of the above".

**Options given
A
B
None of the above

I answered None of the above since I have not been to Canada.

Then I was told I am not eligible to apply.

QUESTION:
1. Should I have answered - one year and above and also placed my NOC which is A or ...?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
JustinTrudeau:
No definite time, i'm just soaking it in each day.All i get after sending them an email is:

Thank you for contacting us, we appreciate your patience.

We're working very hard to ensure that we get feedback from the team as soon as possible; we have been in contact with them.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Kind regards,

This response is pathetic and useless, how hard can it be to get a feedback from a team. If it's been a while you got this, i'd suggest you do another mail or probably visit their office. Least let them give you a time to expect your result, that will aid your decision on what next to do.

Have you registered for another test?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JORN: 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
@Kontagious;

Thank you K.

its International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS) of Canada and I suppose its one of the bodies nominated by CIC. was designated same year as WES. Reply was my credentials is same standard as that of Canada.

My IELTS was taken in February this year.

My wife is same age as myself and i will say i am more qualified than her.

What do you think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
You can't enter the pool without your ECA report. You will need the result date and the ECA number to fill your application.

abiriba:
Good day Good people of NL,
Please I want to submit a profile without my ECA.Can I still update the same profile when the ECA report comes out or will I be required to create a new profile when the ECA comes out?

Kindly assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
JORN:

its International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS) of Canada and I suppose its one of the bodies nominated by CIC. was designated same year as WES. Reply was my credentials is same standard as that of Canada.

My IELTS was taken in February this year.

My wife is same age as myself and i will say i am more qualified than her.

What do you think?
I will reecho Yimiton's advice.

You have to redo the ielts and aim to score what Yimiton advised.
Redo your ECA with WES, both BSC and PGD to get you two or more certificate summary.
Let your wife take the ielts and aim 8777
Do your wife's ECA (assuming a BSc for her)

If you achieve all above, your score stands at 420. If draws are higher than this when all documents are ready, you should get a provincial nomination and that will be sufficient to get you in.

You should however note you'd loose 10 points as your age increases!

Lets wait for more input.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
Thanks for prompt response.

This is actually the questions asked (copied from CIC site)

1. In the last three years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have in Canada? It must have been full-time (or an equal amount in part time).

**Options given
None
Less than one year
one year and above

I answered none since I have not been to Canada.

2.During this period, which National Occupation Classification (NOC) level is most of the experience in? If you do not have any Canadian work experience during this period, please choose "None of the above".
[color=#006600][/color]
If you are using the correct CIC CRS calculator, this question simply asked for the number of years you have experience in with your present NOC. If you chose No in the drop down menu, you won't be able to proceed and the systems identifies you as not qualified for express entry.

**Options given
A
B
None of the above

I answered None of the above since I have not been to Canada.

Then I was told I am not eligible to apply.

QUESTION:
1. Should I have answered - one year and above and also placed my NOC which is A or ...?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JustinTrudeau: 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
I just got the feedback today.I don't wanna rush to register for another test since i'm stuck with IQAS already.Money is being expended,that was my 2nd test 136k now.I smelled rat in my 1st test too i just let it slide because i might not really get any change since it's Reading and Listening that i need higher band.
I think cic needs to break IELTS monopoly.Its just English competency,TOEFL should be acceptable too.British Council has turned it to a money making venture.
Kontagious:

This response is pathetic and useless, how hard can it be to get a feedback from a team. If it's been a while you got this, i'd suggest you do another mail or probably visit their office. Least let them give you a time to expect your result, that will aid your decision on what next to do.

Have you registered for another test?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
ajiifixing:

Savage.....

Ika.....

Agbaya.....

Wicked.....

Infact...you are a badt shild. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
buhahahahhah....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2017
eros:

Gracias.

@hephgirl,

Do not take my comment personal. A lot of people have been helping on this thread but Cochrane and 40manlappy stand out with their detailed explanation.

I appreciate you and everyone else just as I appreciate them. Please never stop helping us the newbies.

Cheers
k
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
Seer247:

Lol.
Not a professional, so what do u think could be d way out or may be provincial applications may yield result?
Province nomination.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Kontagious:

Hephgirl yaff vexx finish oo... This your comment is funny grin and at the same time wicked. To conceive and then type it out is even more wicked. We follow mmrius beg you, e do mistake, e for include your name in those mentioned. Biko, no vex again ehn.

Buhahahahhah
I actually wanted to reply but then him message pain me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Seer247:

I did it but its giving some components I didn't input, like "Canadian work exp with foreign work exp" which I don't have d Canadian work experience. So pls if anyone can help it will be appreciated. Thanks.
sorted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
Kontagious:
A plea to all,

If you have an issue that has been touchlighted by the house, please do well to update the house even if na minor movement. Let’s learn from you and keep the information bank rich.

kissoflife, any update as regards your ECA conversion?

Our honorable PM, JustinTrudeau, what’s BC saying? Any definite time to expect your result?

Wapu, were you able to resolve your missing result with BC? and hope you've made progress on your ECA with IQAS

Miminice, your EOR (though not needed) should be about its 10th week by now, any word from BC yet?
Chop knuckle... I completely agree and concur

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
kissoflife:

Yes my ECA was converted in four days and Was sent to IRCC. Now I have the ECA number which is just the same as was ref number but with suffix IMM now added.

POF now the issue to battle with...
Oh great.... Don't worry... Ideas will begin to flow in on how to "get" it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
JORN:
Good afternoon Fam.

Its so nice to be here.

Thank you all.

4. NOC is 'A 4031'
6. I am 40yrs old

What are my Chances?

Thank you.
1. Ur ielts will drag ur score down. U shld retake.. Asap ( cos of ur age)
2. Did u really send it to ICAS? Mehn u might be 41 or 42 before dey respond.
IQAS ICES and WES is recommended... For now ICES is winning

How old is ur wife?
Does she have MSc? Or hnd and ond?

*modified
I read down.

Ur wife is ur mate.
What are her qualifications?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kissoflife: 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hephgirl:
Oh great.... Don't worry... Ideas will begin to flow in on how to "get" it

Thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.