Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1501275 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 11:14am On Sep 08, 2017
Osemigho:

how recent is the bolded pls

Registered for a friend. Same amount was charged from my card. August 1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 11:20am On Sep 08, 2017
Have you read page 0 of this thread? if not, click below

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

uniquebony:
Hello elders in the house. Please I want to relocate to canada with my 4year old daughter. I presently work in a bank for over 7yrs now but I want to seek for greener pasture. Am a single mother, I need advice and suggestions and best migrant friendly city too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by senola1: 11:22am On Sep 08, 2017
Dammie2017:
Has anyone been able to get a reference letter in the cic format from gtb.

Yes i have ......quite easy. I got mine in about a week. You can PM for more details
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by damidamsel: 11:23am On Sep 08, 2017
Future Canadians grin....on the issue of IELTS, want to put this out there as it may help someone.

I am part of team MayAOR that has just been moved to London VO (patience is the name of the game). So last month i ordered my second set of gcms notes to see what is going on. I received it and everything seemed fine except for where i saw the agent's note saying the IELTS score i entered was different from what he saw on IELTS platform but that I had included my IELTS report for verification.

With fear and trembling, i went to double check, only to find out that somehow somehow i had interchanged all my scores (my village people have failed o) and my hubby's own that didn't make much difference was intact. I quickly recalculated my CRS with the right score and realized i still had CLB 9 and same CRS score. So i quickly raised a CSE stating it was an error. - Please always triple or quadriple check your entries, wondering what would have happened if score dropped though i still don't know how this happened coz i double checked sad

Take home: I believe based on the agent's note that if i had not included a copy of the IELTS result, it might have been seen as intentional and my app might have been rejected there and then. Also ordering gcms notes can put your mind at rest and make you proactive

Patiently waiting for PPR to fall.... BTW planning my trip already. Bookmarked a page where i can review areas based on different ratings by school, crime etc grin wink

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 11:31am On Sep 08, 2017
damidamsel:
Future Canadians grin....on the issue of IELTS, want to put this out there as it may help someone.

I am part of team MayAOR that has just been moved to London VO (patience is the name of the game). So last month i ordered my second set of gcms notes to see what is going on. I received it and everything seemed fine except for where i saw the agent's note saying the IELTS score i entered was different from what he saw on IELTS platform but that I had included my IELTS report for verification.

With fear and trembling, i went to double check, only to find out that somehow somehow i had interchanged all my scores (my village people have failed o) and my hubby's own that didn't make much difference was intact. I quickly recalculated my CRS with the right score and realized i still had CLB 9 and same CRS score. So i quickly raised a CSE stating it was an error.

Take home: I believe based on the agent's note that if i had not included a copy of the IELTS result, it might have been seen as intentional and my app might have been rejected there and then. Also ordering gcms notes can put your mind at rest and make you proactive

Patiently waiting for PPR to fall.... BTW planning my trip already. Bookmarked a page where i can review areas based on different ratings by school, crime etc grin wink

Wow. It is good that you included it then.

From the site I saw that standard delivery time for the gcms notes is 40 days and that discouraged me. How long did yours take?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 11:34am On Sep 08, 2017
MsDenise:

Thanks for responding and clarifying Yooku.
He has a 5 year student visa which he used for a One month course in Canada ( I acknowledge the 8 month program stipulation as mentioned above).

We are aware that a 5 student year visa doesn't categorize as a requirement for EE but we were hoping to use it to our advantage somehow...
The 'somehow' is the million Canadian dollar question we are trying to figure out.

Wow, 5-year student visa? I've never heard of that. What I know for a friend was a 3.5 year visa for the duration of their PhD studies. I don't know the technicalities of your husband's visa but assuming it's valid for another course of study my advice will be for him to take he plunge and get a 2-yr masters program. He will have to leave his Job though.....something has to give way to make PR a possibility. Once he is enrolled in school you can then apply for a spousal open work permit (there is a thread for this here) for you and your kids with which you can go and join him in Canada. If you can work for a year at least or till the end of his studies you can apply for PR under CEC or FSW and with his Canadian education and your work experience you will be certain to obtain your PR. Hope I made some valid contribution with my post.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by damidamsel: 11:37am On Sep 08, 2017
geebaby10:

Wow. It is good that you included it then.

From the site I saw that standard delivery time for the gcms notes is 40 days and that discouraged me. How long did yours take?

It took about 30days....same timeframe for both times that I've ordered it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2017
Yes, it has been sorted. $150.19 was deducted from my account. Thank you.
cochtrane:

is it sorted now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 11:46am On Sep 08, 2017
Fameli:
Thanks i appreciate

@deebay is it compulsory to add parent statement of account? can just receipt showing transfer suffice? (giftdeed)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2017
You are in the right place, read the first ten pages of the first thread as this is the second. Or you read the first ten pages of this thread.
smslive2:
Have you read page 0 of this thread? if not, click below

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by noblealuu: 11:53am On Sep 08, 2017
Please@Hamiltondreamer; is POF required to enrol in Nova Scotia PNP or it comes post nomination and just have to be shown post ITA just as it's done in EE?

It's not explicit as that of Saskatchewan which requires POF as part of the docs to be eligible for nomination.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 08, 2017
Wish you all the best.
A few advice.
For the speaking- keep talking until the examiner stops you
For the listening- read the questions before you start listening, and answer the questions as the audio is playing, don't hesitate. If you miss one, pls move on to the next immediately.
For the reading- Also read the questions before reading the text.
For the writing, arrange your thoughts before you start writing, and write as much as you can. Don't write below the number of words required,
try to write more.
I wish you success.
Kontagious:

Wetin elders see while sitting, the young cannot see standing up. Me, ayam standing on a tree trying to see.

My brother, ECA ready, POF almost sorted but I still de IELTS hand. I’d be taking another shot at it tomorrow. Hoping for the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2017
billy:
@Hephgirl, when is your ielts exam coming up?

I shld write on d 30th... But I'm not even sure I will be available.... The dates haven't coincided with my availability...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 11:59am On Sep 08, 2017
Anyone familiar with using etx-ng.com for sending transcript to WES? What was your experience like? Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by studyexec: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2017
mzjennypher:

@deebay is it compulsory to add parent statement of account? can just receipt showing transfer suffice? (giftdeed)
It is not compulsory. transfer receipt / evidence should suffice.
I intend to include only evidence of transfer (teller, cheque, transfer note, etc) and include the transfer details it in the deed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kaybigdad: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hello House, I have a good CRS score but I just started making plans for POF, I've tried to get loans form family and friends but to no avail. I understand that i need available fund when I get there, and I'm already making plans to save before travelling.

I just want to start to process before policies change or the cut off score goes up again.

Please house, any suggestions on how I can get fund to build my account to ASAP.

Thanks for your anticipated help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
mzjennypher:

I no know o. The statement of account was to show the money actually came from the parent, I think it was a one page statement not sure Sha but the statement was to proof that the money came from the parent and not someone else.
What do you mean by receipt?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MsDenise: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yooku:

Wow, 5-year student visa? I've never heard of that. What I know for a friend was a 3.5 year visa for the duration of their PhD studies. I don't know the technicalities of your husband's visa but assuming it's valid for another course of study my advice will be for him to take he plunge and get a 2-yr masters program. He will have to leave his Job though.....something has to give way to make PR a possibility. Once he is enrolled in school you can then apply for a spousal open work permit (there is a thread for this here) for you and your kids with which you can go and join him in Canada. If you can work for a year at least or till the end of his studies you can apply for PR under CEC or FSW and with his Canadian education and your work experience you will be certain to obtain your PR. Hope I made some valid contribution with my post.

Thanks Yooku. Very illuminating especially about the spousal work permit. Could you kindly post a link?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
studyexec:

It is not compulsory. transfer receipt / evidence should suffice.
I intend to include only evidence of transfer (teller, cheque, transfer note, etc) and include the transfer details it in the deed.

OK. I now understand what you meant by receipt of transfer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
Mavor:
Anyone familiar with using etx-ng.com for sending transcript to WES? What was your experience like? Thanks in advance.

I believe their service is dependent on the school involved and how well integrated the school is with them. However, for my experience with OAU, after paying 25k to ETX, they were almost utterly useless to me. I ended up using my "source" inside exams and records to ensure that the transcript was sent to WES early and that verification was done promptly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
Raconteur14:

I believe their service is dependent on the school involved and how well integrated the school is with them. However, for my experience with OAU, after paying 25k to ETX, they were almost utterly useless to me. I ended up using my "source" inside exams and records to ensure that the transcript was sent to WES early and that verification was done promptly.
Hmmm...This is disturbing news. The school in question is OAU as well. Is there a way I can contact you privately please? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
kaybigdad:
Hello House, I have a good CRS score but I just started making plans for POF, I've tried to get loans form family and friends but to no avail. I understand that i need available fund when I get there, and I'm already making plans to save before travelling.

I just want to start to process before policies change or the cut off score goes up again.

Please house, any suggestions on how I can get fund to build my account to ASAP.

Thanks for your anticipated help.

Bro, we can do very little for you here about your POF. Most people get from friends and family and sort themselves out when they need to use funds over there. If you cannot convince friends and family who have known you for years to help, especially if you are sure they have the money, it will be hard to convince anyone else.

My advise though, dive into the pool and hope to get an ITA. I got funds from friends and family -who were not willing originally- easily when I had an ITA (even though I eventually rejected it).

Urgency sometimes makes one able to confront better otherwise seemingly uphill tasks.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
MsDenise:

Thanks Yooku. Very illuminating especially about the spousal work permit. Could you kindly post a link?
Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/2271485/canada-spouse-open-work-permit - The original thread

https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=Spousal+work+permit&board=0 - Mishmash of Posts from Student visa thread

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17 - From CIC Website

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
wheew. So finally im up to date from where i stopped. Not much to say

IELTS- June 3 LRWS 9 8.5 7.5 7

ECA WES- June 9

certificates sent: hellofax June 13 acknowledged 16

Transcript Unilag June 10 sent 3rd July

Request for verification- July 18 sent 28

Request for verification (wanted to evaluate msc only, unilag sent bsc transcripts as well) August 8

went on riot with calls, fax, tweet and mail to evaluate only msc, WES said dey want to evaluate bsc too.

2nd verification sent- August 18

ECA ETA 7th september

ECA arrival 6th september 12pm

while wearing swim trunks to dive in (concluding registration) draw was done- 435

EE pool dive in- 6th September - CRS 473

Alagbon on my mind!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Saintp(m): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
Kontagious:

If she is the PA and her point is above 420 without spouse's education, I think she should create the profile since she already has her ECA and IELTS. If however her husband is the PA, then she (they) have to wait (and a very long wait at that) for the ECA.
cc: Lovetree

What if she creates a profile now and the husband creates another profile when he is ready?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yes... As it is on the letter.

primeson1:

You meant edit the work hours to reflect 45 and the job title to reflect what's on the reference letter (the duties are the same though)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
Deebay:

I no know o. The statement of account was to show the money actually came from the parent, I think it was a one page statement not sure Sha but the statement was to proof that the money came from the parent and not someone else.
What do you mean by receipt?

i meant receipt generated for transfer transactions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
MsDenise:

Thanks

Madam could you please check if ur husband's visa is actually a study permit visa? Please just to be sure. To the best of my knowledge,he couldn't have gotten a 5 year study permit just for a month course. I think what he has is visiting visa. But if u r sure,then this could be the first of it's kind.

To your immigration plan,I think evaluating ur degrees and giving IELTS exam will be easier. Just start from somewhere and before you know it, u r there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
Canadianfly:

Thanks for this. If na me talk am now, some proudly corrupt Nigerians grin will come and call me self righteous and anointed one grin

I mean it's all well and good to "adjust" your info on this PR journey but mehn, have some shame abi fear in beltching it proudly and seeking "help" (what I call approval or support) from a public forum.

Not to overflog this issue but just came across this from another thread....Beware, the VO's are reading our threads!!! angry lipsrsealed

https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/107#59578464

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AwesomeGod: 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. It appears for one to be eligible you have to have experience in Nova Scotia or a VALID permanent job offer?

Hamiltondreamer:
good evening all. so for those who have not yet aced their IELTS to get the desired score or age is not on your side, NOVA SCOTIA pnp has a high probability of opening tomorrow or next week . they have a wide range of jobs in demand than SIND(saks). the opening period is usually between 2pm- 6pm (our time ). try and read up and see if you can . there is a form called NSNP100 pre fill this form . its a pdf form so that when the PNP opens you just copy and paste from your prefilled form to the online forms . on this form there are two pages that need your physical signatures pg 19&20 print it and sign it . then scan it together with all your other documents . i will try to upload all the documents needed.

also according to the Indians there are some apps you can install on your phone to know when there is a change on a website . will look for it and paste it here .

there is no cost implication like Ontario.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2017
mzjennypher:

i meant receipt generated for transfer transactions.

I
You can use copy of the cheque to prove deposit. I used it for Ontario and it worked like magic.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AwesomeGod: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
Please can you send me fax number for WES. I need to send them my certificate. My School in the UK mailed my transcript. I don't know if they included a copy of the Certificate. Do i absolutely need to send it too? WES acknowledges receipt of documents from my school and my status reads "pending. Document is being evaluated. You do not require to do anything now". Not sure what that means.
threadstone:
wheew. So finally im up to date from where i stopped. Not much to say

IELTS- June 3 LRWS 9 8.5 7.5 7

ECA WES- June 9

certificates sent: hellofax June 13 acknowledged 16

Transcript Unilag June 10 sent 3rd July

Request for verification- July 18 sent 28

Request for verification (wanted to evaluate msc only, unilag sent bsc transcripts as well) August 8

went on riot with calls, fax, tweet and mail to evaluate only msc, WES said dey want to evaluate bsc too.

2nd verification sent- August 18

ECA ETA 7th september

ECA arrival 6th september 12pm

while wearing swim trunks to dive in (concluding registration) draw was done- 435

EE pool dive in- 6th September - CRS 473

Alagbon on my mind!

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.