Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505876 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 13, 2017
flyboi1:

boss, Nepa no gree me dey oh

Did you try the dummy application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by belushi7: 10:58am On Sep 13, 2017
Good day all.

WES received response on verification from Unilag on Monday 11/9/2017. They still went ahead to state the evaluation will be due for completion on 29/9/2017. This is after receiving transcripts and certificates since mid August.
Question is, does it take that long for WES to complete ECA after receiving response to their verification from schools? That's like another 18days.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 11:02am On Sep 13, 2017
belushi7:
Good day all.

WES received response on verification from Unilag on Monday 11/9/2017. They still went ahead to state the evaluation will be due for completion on 29/9/2017.

Well, quite a number of people have gotten their report before the date stated by WES. So stay hopeful, it might be ready anytime before then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 13, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 11:13am On Sep 13, 2017
belushi7:
Good day all.

WES received response on verification from Unilag on Monday 11/9/2017. They still went ahead to state the evaluation will be due for completion on 29/9/2017. This is after receiving transcripts and certificates since mid August.
Question is, does it take that long for WES to complete ECA after receiving response to their verification from schools? That's like another 18days.
WES say processing time is 20 business days after receipt, review and acceptance of all documents by WES. All documents here includes verification response! Good thing as mentioned by Feygbe is you'd likely have the ECA before the stated 29th. Patience is key.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 11:18am On Sep 13, 2017
12go:
I sent my MSc (UK university) certificate to WES and there was no problem. Sent my Bsc(Ghanaian university) transcripts to which WES said they have contacted the school and the school has not responded. I contacted the school and was told they did not get any message from WES. Just sent my Bsc certificate recently.

WES said the institution has not responded to their message but the school denied it.

I have sent an email to WES which they did not respond to, just sent a fax to WES today and will like to know what else I can do.
How can school deny responding to a mail they didn't get? That aside, you can either;

1.) Try get WES to resend the verification, then follow up closely with your school or

2.) Inform WES to exclude your Bsc from the assessment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 13, 2017
Is it still feasible for a passport of less than a year to be given visa after all the process have been completed or u would have advice such a participants to renew is passport b4 starting his or her apllication
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2017
bigfido:

these questions are always paraphrased from the answers. You will truly get confused if you are waiting to hear the answers in the objective. let me advice you on what i did. i study the questions very well and ignore the objectives, while the audio is playing, i write down the answers of the question as been said in the audio on my answer sheet. When you are done with the test, go back to the questions and objectives. go through it to find the answer that has the same meaning with what you have written. eg. they might use words like, check the internet for more information. and the answer in the objective will be c) our website has more details. you need to concentrate fully also. wishing you the best

Listen with rapt attention when the 7-star IELTS General Bigfido is giving you tips!!! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by philip3(m): 11:35am On Sep 13, 2017
GlitteringStar:

SWOT analysis wink

Are you a Business Management student? cool

well I don't see myself as one however I have taken courses and it's also required in my line of work.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 13, 2017
philip3:

well I don't see myself as one however I have taken courses and it's also required in my line of work.

Okay. wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 11:44am On Sep 13, 2017
Passport should have validity period of at least 6months...

slimany:
Is it still feasible for a passport of less than a year to be given visa after all the process have been completed or u would have advice such a participants to renew is passport b4 starting his or her apllication

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 11:45am On Sep 13, 2017
sorefunmi:

u mentioned he not doing the ECA..Can u please explain
Allow me to briefly state that, at least, the beginning and to an appreciable extent, the system is based on points.

There are points the PA must claim, these includes points from Education and Language skills while these points are not mandatory for spouse.

So, you and your husband have option of claiming points with his education and language test. For Spouse’s education, maximum point is 10 – for MSc and above, 9 for two or more certificates (your husband falls here with his HND) then 8 points for Bsc holders.

For Language, maximum point claimable by spouse is 20, scoring 8777 in LRWS.

It’s then up to you to decide if you want to claim points from his education and/or language test. If you feel your profile alone accrues you enough points to secure ITA, then by all means go ahead without him doing IELTS and ECA. But be advised that the higher your CSR, the higher your chances of getting ITA. Though, this year, we saw a draw as low as 413 but also as high as 468.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by philip3(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2017
by the way can anyone solve this issue.
in filling out the schedule A, I usually save it to come back at a later day. but it never opens the next day. it gives an error. is it my computer or the nature of the form itself ie for immediate upload.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 11:51am On Sep 13, 2017
slimany:
It is very feasible for your passport to be stamped if validity is more than 6 months.

On the other case, I don't think NIS will renew a passport with more than 6 months validity. If the validity however falls below 6 months during your application, you can always renew and raise a CSE to send the renewed passport.

If you are close to the 6 months though, you can begin other processes like ECA and IELTS (if not done), then wait out the remaining period to renew if there's any left.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by donrabii: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2017
Please, how much is PCC from Alagbon. What is the format of the certificate ? Is the still the pink certificate and another one with your ten finger prints
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by t405: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
donrabii:
Please, how much is PCC from Alagbon. What is the format of the certificate ? Is the still the pink certificate and another one with your ten finger prints

yes just like that. valid for 3months
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
Kontagious:

It is very feasible for your passport to be stamped if validity is more than 6 months.

On the other case, I don't think NIS will renew a passport with more than 6 months validity. If the validity however falls below 6 months during your application, you can always renew and raise a CSE to send the renewed passport.

If you are close to the 6 months though, you can begin other processes like ECA and IELTS (if not done), then wait out the remaining period to renew if there's any left.

thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by HTC2017: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2017
It's like there has been a general drag now unlike a couple of months back.
Maybe the delay is strategic. Maybe they'll just overcome the inertia this week and roll out PPRs

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by driTap12: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hello, I require guidance with my EE profile - study information.

I have a masters degree, no certificate yet but the university will be issuing a "to whom letter, stating I have completed the degree program and Senate has approved the results".

The issue is filling the. " standing at the end of study period question

Option 1- good academic standing
option 2- certificate or diploma ot degree awarded

What choice should I make as option 1 means dropping 40points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by lilyandie: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
My fellow house people, I dey hail o.

Please I need advice from our success PPR people.

Can I touch my POF after I submit my application, I'm a salary earner, I need to use some part of the money for stuff. I will replace it eventually, but can I at least touch it o.

Did you guys touch your POF or do they contact the bank to check your balance?

Thank you for your kind assistance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yomalicious(f): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Please do I need police clearance certificate if I lived in the US cumulatively for more than 6 months.
NB
I have never stayed in the US for more than 3 months at once.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2017
I bought a tablet to prepare for ielts because most of these apps and sites are not usable on mobile phones. The investment was worth it.
nnekdre:
Please help a sister, I need materials for ielts reading, like a couple of them. Most of all this sites have just one or two and the Cambridge isn't downloading on my phone don't no why . Please I'm writing on the 30th .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2017
Degree awarded.

You are already a degree holder from the date "to whom" or statement of result is issued as approved by senate. Unless it is not this same naija institutions that will fix graduation to like 6-8months after completion of study.
"To whom" is what people use to move on till certificate is ready.

driTap12:
Hello, I require guidance with my EE profile - study information.

I have a masters degree, no certificate yet but the university will be issuing a "to whom letter, stating I have completed the degree program and Senate has approved the results".

The issue is filling the. " standing at the end of study period question

Option 1- good academic standing
option 2- certificate or diploma ot degree awarded

What choice should I make as option 1 means dropping 40points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
Yes
Yomalicious:

Please do I need police clearance certificate if I lived in the US cumulatively for more than 6 months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
Please don't touch your POF.

You don't know the question that will be asked when your bank is contacted, besides you can be asked to submit updated POF, how will you explain the movement in your account.
lilyandie:
My fellow house people, I dey hail o.

Please I need advice from our success PPR people.

Can I touch my POF after I submit my application, I'm a salary earner, I need to use some part of the money for stuff. I will replace it eventually, but can I at least touch it o.

Did you guys touch your POF or do they contact the bank to check your balance?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Farefare: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2017
Yomalicious:
Hi Everyone,
NB

Thanks in advance
Just recently, a friend's application was rejected on this ground.(put to bed in the US twice). They had to create a new EE profile. They got another ITA now though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
Yomalicious:
Hi Everyone,
NB

Thanks in advance
Once you've crossed the cumulative 6 months period, you surely do need your fbi pcc, regardless of your highest stay period. If you won't be going back the to US soon (before you submit your application), you should apply for it as soon as possible if you've not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:39pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abby2017:
Please don't touch your POF.

You don't know the question that will be asked when your bank is contacted, besides you can be asked to submit updated POF, how will you explain the movement in your account.
With all due respect, I beg to differ at the bolded.

To me, it makes no financial sense to leave a couple of millions laying fallow in a saving/current account when the same money can be invested profitably in something else.

Even if asked to provide updated POF, as long as there is movement (proportionate inflows inclusive), then there shouldn't be a problem.

At this my struggling stage, there is no way on earth I will leave N6m in an account for 6 months, that's financial illiteracy (no pun intended).

lilyandie, please feel free to touch your POF but also make sure to replenish accordingly within reasonable time. My take.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Did you try the dummy application?

yes i did. And it was Accepted.

What i did differently? : I inputted a 7 as my reading score instead of 6.5. EE score was 435

next steps: rewrite IELTS again... this will be my 4th attempt. Reading keeps getting in the way cry cry cry.

thank you all so much for the help.

will surely update you all on the progress.

cc' cochtrane kissoflife GlitteringStar
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
flyboi1:

What i did differently? : I inputted a 7 as my reading score instead of 6.5. EE score was 435

Great, keep login details to this account, then you adjust accordingly when you have you right IELTS score.

Modified:
Just thought, you'd most likely get ITA with that CRS. You may wish to change the reading back to 6.5, you should still be eligible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ekinado: 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
belushi7:
Good day all.

Not to worry, mine was similar. 9/9/2017 was the due date for completion but I got it 31/8/2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2017
flyboi1:

next steps: rewrite IELTS again... this will be my 4th attempt. Reading keeps getting in the way cry cry cry.

thank you all so much for the help.

will surely update you all on the progress.

cc' cochtrane kissoflife GlitteringStar
What I don't understand is: those with eligibility with 307 etc,how does it happen?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.